• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CalvinHobbes

Thinking about joining the Rangers?! We'd love to have you!

Thanks for the input!  I don't think I'm ready to switch guilds just yet, but given the shift in my training I'm definitely going to come hang out with you for a bit. :) At least one challenge, and then we'll see what happens.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Elennare said:

Thanks for the input!  I don't think I'm ready to switch guilds just yet, but given the shift in my training I'm definitely going to come hang out with you for a bit. :)At least one challenge, and then we'll see what happens.

That's what they all say ;) 

• Like 6

Oh—I jumped the gun and joined the Rangers already. I completely skipped Rebel... n00b fail? 

giphy.gif

I've been training since the end of January. I have been alternating HIIT/Spin/BODYPUMP 6 days a week. I recently dropped BODYPUMP for weightlifting M/W/F with HIIT and Spin in between. Anyone else here do Les Mills formats? BODYPUMP was a good start to weightlifting fundamentals, but stopped giving me results (hence switching to gold ol' lifting). I still do Les Mills HIIT classes like GRIT and SPRINT. Anyone else?

My goals are sort of nebulous and center around mostly losing a bit of weight and inches. Below are my current weightlifting workouts. I'll stay on this program for 5 more weeks and adjust from there. Would love to learn more about what y'all are doing! 

WORKOUT A

Warmup: Goblet Squat 2x 12-15 reps @ 10lb (dumbbell)

Goblet Squat 3x 8-12 reps @ 15lb (dumbbell)

Will probably increase weight to 10kg kettle bell (22lbs) next week.

Incline pushups 3x 12-15 reps

Row 2x 8-12 reps on TRX

Ab Routine

WORKOUT B

Kettlebell Swing - 5 X 10 @ 12kg

Pull down - 3 X 8-12 50 lbs and drop to 40 lbs on last set

Military press -3 X 8-12 12 lbs (dumbbells)

Ab routine

AB ROUTINE

8-12 leg raises- hand under sacrum to support

15-20 sec butterflies - hand under sacrum to support

15-20 sec boat pose

15-30 sec situp hold boat pose

30 sec plank bicycling legs

30-60 sec static plank (I collapse at about 45 seconds right now)

• Like 3

Hey!

I'm new here, and currently with a knee injury :( (may have done a dumb and started a new workout routine too quickly). However, I'm hoping to get things in motion for when I am able to get exercising again.

I'm thinking Ranger is the way to go, though thought I'd run it past you! I generally want to improve my stamina and strength, but also flexibility. My main goals are to be able to do a cartwheel and a handstand, as well as going to kickboxing classes without dying! So I guess I could also fit into Assassin or Monk or even druid (I like yoga and meditation), but I'm thinking the all rounder is really a ranger at heart? 

Excited to get started!

• Like 2

Welcome to the Ranger Corps! We are known for doing ALL THE THINGS! so we make a good generalist guild. We call that diversity of focus RangerBrain. 

Go poke around the General chatter thread in the current challenge forums and introduce yourself. Next week is zero week for the next challenge cycle, which starts May 28th.

On 19/5/2017 at 2:01 AM, Keladris said:

So I guess I could also fit into Assassin or Monk or even druid (I like yoga and meditation), but I'm thinking the all rounder is really a ranger at heart? 

Totally. You can also post your challenge in a different guild every challenge, depending on your focus. Guilds are neither binding nor exclusive.

Forgot to put in an introduction! I'm new to the Rangers, but not too new to NF(Anymore, anyway...).

Decided to go for the Rangers after a few 4-week challenges because it felt like the right fit with the large variety of activities I'm involved in(literally too large for me to count on both my hands). Looking forward to being part of your Guild!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CheshireCrab said:

Forgot to put in an introduction! I'm new to the Rangers, but not too new to NF(Anymore, anyway...).

Decided to go for the Rangers after a few 4-week challenges because it felt like the right fit with the large variety of activities I'm involved in(literally too large for me to count on both my hands). Looking forward to being part of your Guild!

Welcome to the Ranger Corps.

What's up, rangers? I'm not a newb but I am respawning, and now that I'm doing mostly HIIT, cycling, swimming and running, this feels like a good fit.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I MISSED OUT ON DEADPOOL.

3d9.png

• Like 3

Hi!

I like lifting heavy things off the ground, climbing tall walls for no apparent reason and throwing my body around hoping I land on my feet.

For these reasons, I think joining the rangers is the only valid course of action. 

Looking forward to training with you all!

Ryu0h

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Ryu0h said:

Hi!

I like lifting heavy things off the ground, climbing tall walls for no apparent reason and throwing my body around hoping I land on my feet.

For these reasons, I think joining the rangers is the only valid course of action. 

Looking forward to training with you all!

Ryu0h

Welcome to the Ranger Corps!

• Like 1

Hello to all here.

I recently joined NF and when I was going through the different classes, I knew that being a Ranger was for me. After getting over debilitating health issues, my doctor gave me the all clear to start getting back into shape. Since strength training and distance walking/hiking are what I enjoy doing, well, being a Ranger will be perfect for me. Also, maybe the fact that I live/work at Yellowstone National Park seasonally (and the fact that my boyfriend IS a ranger at Yellowstone!) just MIGHT have something to do with my decision, too. LOL! 

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to the journey.

VanGrrl57

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, VanGrrl57 said:

Hello to all here.

I recently joined NF and when I was going through the different classes, I knew that being a Ranger was for me. After getting over debilitating health issues, my doctor gave me the all clear to start getting back into shape. Since strength training and distance walking/hiking are what I enjoy doing, well, being a Ranger will be perfect for me. Also, maybe the fact that I live/work at Yellowstone National Park seasonally (and the fact that my boyfriend IS a ranger at Yellowstone!) just MIGHT have something to do with my decision, too. LOL! 

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to the journey.

VanGrrl57

You are a real life Ranger, can't wait to have you join us in the Ranger guild!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elastigirl said:

You are a real life Ranger, can't wait to have you join us in the Ranger guild!

Hi Elastigirl.

Well, my boyfriend is the ranger at Yellowstone. I do plan on being an interpretive ranger, though. However, that depends on the National Park Service (NPS). I have applied but it is a long process and getting on at Yellowstone is not easy. Who knows, though? Anyway, since Shelby keeps me informed about the goings-on, well, I guess you could say in one aspect I am a ranger. ROFL! He's a permanent ranger and has been at Yellowstone for 20 years. Before that, he worked at Grand Canyon for 7 years. We both love hiking and camping out and just being in the outdoors. He was with me when I was very sick and that speaks volumes to me and my kids about what a great person he is. 

VanGrrl57

• Like 4

Hello!

I have always been into outdoor endurance activities like hiking, swimming, repelling, (even skydiving, not an endurance exercise, but still really fun), but when I walked into the gym I found myself avoiding the treadmill (because who wants to run to the sounds of soap operas and the news anyway) and gravitating toward the free weights.  A total noob, I have been too nervous to do anything but the kettlebell, but I feel like I belong with the rangers as I hone old skills and learn new ones.  Excited to be here!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Hello!

I have always been into outdoor endurance activities like hiking, swimming, repelling, (even skydiving, not an endurance exercise, but still really fun), but when I walked into the gym I found myself avoiding the treadmill (because who wants to run to the sounds of soap operas and the news anyway) and gravitating toward the free weights.  A total noob, I have been too nervous to do anything but the kettlebell, but I feel like I belong with the rangers as I hone old skills and learn new ones.  Excited to be here!!

Welcome to the Ranger Corps! The current challenge ends in two days and the forums for the next one should go up over the weekend or early next week. 

• Like 3

Hello everyone! I'm new to the whole NF community, and I've decided to be a Ranger. IMHO it's the most balanced and versatile of the character classes, plus I almost always play video games as a ranger-type. Further, I love hiking and outdoor sports. A combo of strength and agility is the best preparation for these activities, and to be ready for life in general. 

I have to say I was a little surprised that so many outdoor activities/skills are in the adventure class instead of with the Rangers. I'm still going to do them for fun, but it was strange they were in another section. 

I'm excited to be part of the group =) Anything I need to know? Do we have a ranger motto? (unfortunately "Rangers lead the way" is taken) 

Thanks guys

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imkevinjohnston said:

have to say I was a little surprised that so many outdoor activities/skills are in the adventure class instead of with the Rangers. I'm still going to do them for fun, but it was strange they were in another section. 

You can still do those things as a ranger!  We all do a range of stuff!!

I'm excited to be part of the group =) Anything I need to know? Do we have a ranger motto? (unfortunately "Rangers lead the way" is taken) 

Rangers gonna ranger!!

Thanks guys

Welcome!  Come say hi and check out our challenge threads!!! Happy to have you!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, imkevinjohnston said:

Hello everyone! I'm new to the whole NF community, and I've decided to be a Ranger. IMHO it's the most balanced and versatile of the character classes, plus I almost always play video games as a ranger-type. Further, I love hiking and outdoor sports. A combo of strength and agility is the best preparation for these activities, and to be ready for life in general. 

I have to say I was a little surprised that so many outdoor activities/skills are in the adventure class instead of with the Rangers. I'm still going to do them for fun, but it was strange they were in another section. 

Thanks guys

Rangers Gonna Ranger! is our unofficial motto, as well as Do ALL THE THINGS!

Check out the new Level 1 Guild for a place to do your first challenge, and you can do that first challenge there already having declared yourself a Ranger.

• Like 1