• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CalvinHobbes

Thinking about joining the Rangers?! We'd love to have you!

I do believe this where i should be.  I train with kettlebells, body weight and some light running.  My main goal is to lose weight, to improve my overall health.  To also help with my weight loss I follow intermittent fasting, usually fast 6 days a week with 4 of those days 20 hr fasts. I occasionally run 5k's, the last 5k I've had my best time was 37 minutes while pushing a stroller.  The main reason I try to stay in shape, is for dancing.  I dance competitively at pow-wows across US & Canada.

If anyone wants to watch a video of what I'm talking about, I can send you a link.

Rejoining the ranks of my Ranger Brethren (and sistren? lol) after a lloonnngg hiatus.  I will be going back to my old workouts including bodyweight work, heavy lifting, Mobility WOD's, hiking, some sprints, and whatever sport-like hobby of the month I'm into.  lol   For nutrition I will be back to primal with some intermittent fasting.  With this program I will hopefully be back to base level for the start of the next challenge!  Can't wait!!

• Like 1

I am home amongst the rangers. My favourite D&D class. This guild also matches my fitness goals.

Functional strength is a must with six kids (I have just done 8 overhead presses with my 3yr old boy, 15kg). I see no use in having pretty muscles if they can't be used for everyday deeds.

Endurance, did I mention six kids? My eldest is 14 with my youngest being 3. That is a lot of hard work, just doing laundry. Not to mention playing games, organising meals, being a big meanie and make them do chores. I also love bush walking, when I get the time.

This Lycan has been a pound puppy for too long. Nerd Fitness and the Rangers are my support network.

Hi,

Just signed up and this guild would seem to fit me perfectly.... I'm coming up to being 40 and a dad to 2 young boys so my goals are to be a bit of an inspiration to them as they grow up and when they're in their mid teens and I'm in my 50s I'm still fit enough to easily keep up!!

I work for myself from a home office (in the shed) and work while walking on a treadmill desk (about 6 -8 miles a day), stopping ever hour to do some bodyweight exercises (pull ups, squats etc) plus other bits (cycling, running etc).  So hence the nutterintheshed name.....

In the past few years I've changed my diet to paleo, run marathons in minimalist shoes (luna sandals) and done some triathlons (70.3 distance) (and grown a beard - seriously my wife didn't see any of these coming :) )

Not sure of my way around on here but I'm sure I'll pick it up. 

• Like 1

I am certainly up for it.

I've been active in  the gym for over 4 years now. Had a bit of a let go in the diet area which made me gain 5 kilos. Now I am gone Paleo (almost) and on full action in the gym.

My main interest are power training, spinning and body-weight exercises.

Stairs have replaced most of the elevators and my dog never had so many long walks.

My first kilo is down (within a month) and I already feel much better.

I think I will start biking next year.

I just signed up to a 3 hour spinning marathon in my gym and I am really looking forward to this.

Let's go....

I'm thinking about moving out of Adventurer's for the next Challenge. I originally wanted to go Assassins since I'm into dance and flexibility and my main goal right now is to be able to do a backwalkover. But I also want to be really strong and not just do body weight training (I'm hoping to get some barbells in my future)... and I also enjoy running. So I'm thinking Rangers might be the place to go?

• Like 1

I'm thinking about moving out of Adventurer's for the next Challenge. I originally wanted to go Assassins since I'm into dance and flexibility and my main goal right now is to be able to do a backwalkover. But I also want to be really strong and not just do body weight training (I'm hoping to get some barbells in my future)... and I also enjoy running. So I'm thinking Rangers might be the place to go?

There's nothing to say the one you go to is the one you end up in.  I have a history of martial arts  and love parkour.  I'm in the rangers for a bit though because it makes sense for my goals for now.  They're generally a nice bunch. (Except for me :()

• Like 2

Hey,

I am new here.  And definitely new to message boards, but I decided that if I'm going to do this I'm all in.

Half-Orc here.  Definitely on the bigger and stronger side.  But I love to run.  Almost went with the scouts, but Ranger definitely fits more of my fitness goals.  I have been running for a few years and have finished one marathon. 

My current goals are:

5k under 21:00

100 pushups (current max somewhere around 45)

20 consecutive pullups (current max around 3)

I am also looking to improve my flexibility by doing yoga or some form of martial arts

My big challenges are my diet and my motivation.

I love sweets, cookies, cakes and pies,

I can usually stay motivated for a couple of weeks at a time, maybe a month, but I am looking to try to make it part of what I do on a regular basis. 

I am glad to be a part of this.  Thank you for having me.

• Like 1

I've just finished my first challenge. So I am level 1  (I think) and can choose a guild. My fitness goals involve training for strength but the endgoal being more athletic... stay with me

I'm a trainee referee and wannabe player of roller derby. As such I mostly need to train for endurance and fitness on skates (particularly as a referee, I'd be on skates for thirty minutes at a time). To skate well, and skate fast (and pass my minimum skills) I will need to improve my stamina but also my corse and lower body strength to improve my skating stance and manouverability (thus have better balance too). So basically I need to work on all three.

From a personal appearance point of view. I'd like to add some muscle mass, particularl;y to my arms, which have always been quite thin and have awful muscle tone, but derby is the main aim.

Given this wide range of aims as well as the fact that many derby skaters do crossfit (though I'm not looking to do it), I think I should be a ranger. Care to have me?

Typical Workout (ideally!!)

Roller Derby practice (Primarily Cardio) 2-3 times a week

Gym Weights workout (with some cardio) 1-3 times a week

Long term goals

• Be Able to Squatlift 75kg (currently 50kg over a set of 5)
  • Perform 25 laps of the derby in five minutes (which is apparently approx 0.9 miles)
  • Be Able to do a full, proper pressup.
  • Like 1

I'm a Marine who's more On the smaller side looking to bulk up while at the same time bring my 3 mile to under 18 mins within a few months, it's currently at 22 mins.

I was thinking Ranger because because it keeps with my goals of getting stronger while getting faster.

I'm not really a newbie to working out but there isn't really a lot of people to work out with me here, everyone is usually in the same program of lift as much weights as you can everyday and drink protein and become a gaint.

Not looking to become a hulk but putting ona few extra pounds would be nice in currently 5'6" @ 125 lbs ideally I would like to be between 140 and 160. Can anyone recommend any tips/workouts?

• Like 2

My fitness goals require both strength and endurance. To complete the Spartan Trifecta, I need a little of everything. Weaights, running, maybe a little parkour (maybe). I don't want to be good at one thing. I want to be good at everything. Rangers lead the way.

• Like 1

Ranger is a challenge for me. I was born an Orc and built to be a warrior but there is something about being able to adapt to any situation that works for me. Besides we all know the Ranger's are the best class in case of an apocalypse ;)

• Like 1

I'm now one week into my first challenge here and I think this may be the place for me.  Right now I'm working on some bodyweight strength goals and am most likely going to go for a running goal in the next challenge.

Current Goals:

20 Strict Handstand Pushups

20 Pull Ups

30 Chin Ups

Keep a strict food log

• Like 2

I am really thinking this is the profession for me. I don't have any specific goals at the moment in terms of my fitness. Just wanting to lose weight and get healthy again.

I like the variety that Rangers offers. Plus, it reminds me of Aragorn. :-)

I'm serious about bettering myself this time. I would love to be part of this group.

• Like 1

Greetings and salutations Rangers!!!

I would like to join your guild!! I am new to the site, but not knew to working out.  Hence skipping the adventure guild and diving right in.  For me I am looking for place to discuss bettering my routing and help with group motivation.  

I am ending my undergraduate degree in May and may be moving to a new place for grad school. But this also means that my allotted time for fitness maybe threatened. Therefor, I am also looking for some help to minimize my workout to make sure that I am still getting an actual work out in the time I have.   But that I later. 

Currently I split my work out with cardio and weight training.  I try to go three times a week.  

Routine

1 mile run.

-I don't go slower then 5.5 mph, When I start the week, I do 6.5 mph. I try to keep my mile under 10 mins.  My goal is to work my mile time to 8:00 mins. 

Strength training

-Start with leg day, then back and chest day, then arm and core day.  Mostly free weight machines or bells. I am not a fan of working out with people, so I use the machines that allow me to do stuff (benches, free weight squats, bell rolls) with out a spotter. 

Then at least 30 min cardio.

-This goes back and forth between elliptical and stationary bike. When the weather warms up, I'll go back to running outside. 

Initial thoughts would be great. I can go into further detail about my work out plan if desired. 

Thanks guys and gals!!! And I welcome the new challenge and new friends. 

Hi all,

I'm currently doing a non-Rebellion bootcamp challenge so I'll join up on the next challenge.  I'm an all around fan of action so I think the Rangers will be good.  I really enjoy triathlons, but I've dabbled in boxing, softball, soccer, volleyball, golf, basketball, kayaking, hiking, trampolining, ultimate frisbee and basically anything else involving hand-eye coordination over the years.  

"

This was my answer to the first Rebellion question "What are you struggling with right now? and I think it sums up where I'm at.  I've got the endurance, but need to work on strength and speed.

To answer your question,"What are you struggling with right now?"  
I would say I'm struggling with a weight plateau and finding the next challenge.  2013 was a year of firsts for me.  2 years out of school at the end of 2012 had me in a desk job as an engineer and a great group of friends who enjoy going out a lot. That also helped me hit 170 lbs, the most I'd ever weighed,even after completing an olympic triathlon and taking up boxing (which I still love to do) that same year. As a college triathlete, I had great endurance and work ethic, but trained alone and never quite saw the body results I wanted.  I also had/have trouble making diet changes plus exercise gains simultaneously.  I changed it up in 2013, dropping 10-12 lbs in the first 3 months to hover between 157 and 163, where I've stayed all year.  I did this by taking a month off of alcohol, cleaning up the diet and doing food logging and a combo of swimming, biking, running, and boxing. I trained and completed a half-marathon for the first time, and then in August struggled through but completed a century ride (Pelotonia - awesome grassroots cancer charity in Columbus).  Since then I've been a bit burned out, and unmotivated, falling into old habits, (overindulging on alcohol) and worrying about upcoming life changes (job promotion, wedding,living situation, family member health issues), and working out intermittently. 
In case you haven't noticed by now, I've got a 0% or 110% personality, and as of about a week ago, I'm back into 110% mode, food logging, off of alcohol for a while, doing lifting and bodyweight exercises, and feeling much better.  My next big challenge would be a half Ironman in 2015, but I need some smaller challenges before then to conquer so that I'm in best shape I can be to make that happen, and I'm still struggling to work out what those are. I know I can bull through endurance events, but I want to be all-around strong and fit, and I've had trouble making that happen since college. 
  • Like 1

I'm in! Rangers lead the way! I was an endurance junkie up until 6 months ago when I started strength training (thanks to the Rippetoe book). I'm starting a CrossFit adventure next Monday and am super excited to bring in some endurance elements into my workout. I love the thrill of deadlifting as well as the feeling I get after a nice long run.

• Like 1

Now then,

this looks like the guild for me. I'm wanting to get stronger and run/hike for longer and at the same time improve my flexibility. While of course shedding the unwanted inches around my waistline.

I haven't looked into challenges yet, that is my next step but I hope to fit them alongside my goals in the outdoors this year which include a lot of walking up hills/mountains! Plus some climbing and scrambling when i get the time.

Cheers,

Stub

• Like 1