• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

Congratulations on finding the hidden forest young adventurer!

We are the Druids, being one with our nature, our environment and the power of awesomeness.

So you ask yourself if you might be a druid ?

There is no easy rule like "I love lifting heavy things, I'm a warrior". This is great for us as you have to think and feel deeply about yourself right now to find if your answer is the druid's way. If you like this process you have an easy rule and are a druid for sure. If not you still might be.

You do not have to do yoga, be a vegetarian, do TaiChi or meditate to be one of us. But you'll notice that many druids do some of this. There actually is no need to be ready in any way to join our guild.

We do keep our bodies in great shape, but for us there are more important goals than lifting a car or running around the world twice a day. As we believe that all humans are equal we do by no means think that those goals are easy or plain, or our conscious beings are more than any other being.

Mind and flexibility count a lot for us.
What many of us are looking for is consciousness about our life and finding the answers to key questions like:

"Who am I?"

"What is the purpose of life?"

What does that mean for the challenges?

Our most common goals:

• Do Yoga x times
  • Meditate x times
  • Be able to do a handstand or reach down to your toes
  • Do a workout x times
  • Follow this diet and lose xy pounds
  • Declutter your life
  • Stop procrastinating
  • Get XY done
  • Master XY
  • Do TaiChi, Qigong, Pilates,

We are a small guild, but we are very supportive. Druids like helping others a lot. We do not expect any return when we give help to others.

So what is being a Druid about?

YOU

So now after reading thes text showing you a part of our world you still ask yourself if you might be a druid?

Congratulations. Time for a little exercise:

Sit down in this lovely forest. Feel the air and hear the wind playing with the leaves. Breathe into your belly and calm down for about 5 minutes.

Ask yourself: "What do I want?" "Why do I want it?"

How do the parts of your body feel about the answer? The easiest part to listen to is your abdominal area.

Then just ask us if you might be a druid. We will tell you.

The more information you post, the easier it is.

What might be your next challenge goals?

What do you expect from a future guild?

Do you feel how happy we are to help you find your guild, whatever it may be?

Said again in the end: We are open to everyone willing to try our lifestyle. There is no being ready to join us, just a being excited to rock along our side. If losing weight or getting in shape is still your number one priority you still can join us if you want to try us out, or your secondary priorities might fit well with us. You are welcome here!

How do you join?

Just register as a druid for the next challenge and post a thread in our area.

Will I lose contact with my friends?
No! You will find lots of new friends and are free to start a super awesome accountability group to see your friends rocking their new guilds.

Thank you for your courage to step into our forest. Have a great journey along with the rebellion!

Edited by Sunmage
Angel Blaidd is sooo right
  • Like 14

Not necessarily. You will find lots of new friends and are free to start a super awesome accountability group to see your friends rocking their new guilds.

You will never lose your NF friends!  We love all NFers regardless of their orientation :)

• Like 1

I decided about halfway through the most recent challenge that Druid sounds like the guild for me! I've done some yoga, I'd like to start doing more, as well as start meditating. My main reason is I started hiking recently, and I realized that I love it and love the outdoors! I was not expecting that. Druid seems the most geared towards that, what with the whole nature tie in :) Reading your intro here really solidified my desire to join you all. You seem so welcoming, and I love that! I'm really excited for the next challenge, I've already narrowed down my goals and I am READY!

Becoming a Druid sounds like the most comfortable choice for me.  I love stretching, and will probably start learning yoga.  I'm learning to meditate, and finding I face the day much more calmly when I've taken time to breathe and be in the moment.  On the other hand, I'm REALLY enjoying pushing my physical limits and learning that I'm stronger, faster, and have more endurance and willpower than I thought.  Will being a Druid help me push physical limits?

I've finished two challenges, and my goals for the next challenge will expand on what I've done so far--strength training, cardio training, building sleep and meditation habits.  The new addition for the next challenge will be working on eating mindfully and eating clean food.  That SOUNDS like Druid-y stuff...

I'M SO HAPPY TO BE A DRUID!

I'm preparing myself for tons more yoga and a lot of stretching and a month of 750words.com journaling!!  My theme for the next challenge is going to be balance.

After looking at all the guilds, I think this is the one for me.

Count me in! 

Congratulations!

If you have any questions just ask here or in our lodge. The new challenge area should be ready soon.

And welcome to the Druids!

Awesomeness is waiting for you!

I decided about halfway through the most recent challenge that Druid sounds like the guild for me! I've done some yoga, I'd like to start doing more, as well as start meditating. My main reason is I started hiking recently, and I realized that I love it and love the outdoors! I was not expecting that. Druid seems the most geared towards that, what with the whole nature tie in :) Reading your intro here really solidified my desire to join you all. You seem so welcoming, and I love that! I'm really excited for the next challenge, I've already narrowed down my goals and I am READY!

Oh yes nature. I just watched deer having dinner in the forest. Amazing. Their senses are sooo good.

With all the getting things done we sometimes forget the living. I will just listen to the birds and enjoy natural life more in the future. Do you practice outdoors?

I'm happy to hear from your nature experiences during the challenge!

Welcome!

I'M SO HAPPY TO BE A DRUID!

I'm preparing myself for tons more yoga and a lot of stretching and a month of 750words.com journaling!!  My theme for the next challenge is going to be balance.

This is a great start. I will try yoga for me in one of the next challenges...

Welcome and see you soon!

Becoming a Druid sounds like the most comfortable choice for me.  I love stretching, and will probably start learning yoga.  I'm learning to meditate, and finding I face the day much more calmly when I've taken time to breathe and be in the moment.  On the other hand, I'm REALLY enjoying pushing my physical limits and learning that I'm stronger, faster, and have more endurance and willpower than I thought.  Will being a Druid help me push physical limits?

I've finished two challenges, and my goals for the next challenge will expand on what I've done so far--strength training, cardio training, building sleep and meditation habits.  The new addition for the next challenge will be working on eating mindfully and eating clean food.  That SOUNDS like Druid-y stuff...

Hey,

you can live in the moment and totally push your limit. Actually yoga can be quite challenging when done right. I did crossfit next to druid goals and it was no problem at all.

A limit is a limit. If its in your brain or your arm. It's your decision to say there is a difference ;)

So yes you can!

There might be a change in the goal rules coming soon... Just take a look and don't do too much at once.

Welcome and good luck!

Oh yes nature. I just watched deer having dinner in the forest. Amazing. Their senses are sooo good.

With all the getting things done we sometimes forget the living. I will just listen to the birds and enjoy natural life more in the future. Do you practice outdoors?

I'm happy to hear from your nature experiences during the challenge!

Welcome!

oh no, I'd be too self conscious. I'm very much a newbie when it comes to yoga. I have a video I do sometimes (Crunch Fitness Candlelight Yoga) but that's it. I'd like to start doing more eventually though. And thank you for the warm welcome! :)

After giving it quite a lot of thought, I think this might be the guild for me. I'm wanting to take up yoga classes soon, as I'm in need of more relaxation in my life since my stress levels get pretty high sometimes! I've also been looking into Tai Chi, but I'm going to sort out the yoga first. I've been wanting to work on my flexibility as well, so the yoga would help boost that too. 

I've been clean eating for a while now and I'm setting myself the goal of going on a strict paleo diet in the upcoming 6 week challenge. So trying to lose weight is also a priority. I've started narrowing down my other goals too, which include finally getting back on track with my artwork and setting time aside each week to produce at least one final art piece. 

Yes, I think joining the druids is for me~

I'm happy to say that I'll be joining the Druid guild for this time around! I'm really looking forward to continuing my healing process in such a mindful, supportive group. :)

So many exciting and inspiring new people and ideas, I look forward to getting to know you all better!

I am a druid and at the moment I'm combining yoga and running to synch mind and body-it's working really well!

• Like 1

I think I may be a Druid at heart :)  

I need to lose a lot of weight (probably 30 pounds or more), and have had a ton of physical problems like muscle spasms, pinched nerves, etc. over the years.  I'm a musician, and my main instrument is violin although I also play a number of others, and am a music major in college, so have pretty well screwed myself up physically from playing.  

Last challenge (as an Adventurer), I started doing yoga just for the heck of it, and totally fell in love with it.  I haven't done something I've liked so much and has made me feel so good in a very long time, physically and mentally.  I'm naturally flexible, most likely hypermobile, and hold tension all over my body for extra stability.  Doing yoga has decreased my pain more than I ever thought would be possible, to the point where I have gone days with no pain, and played rehearsals and concerts with almost no pain, which I had started thinking I would never experience again.  Plus I mentally feel so great after some yoga.  Calm and refreshed.  For someone with extremely bad reactions to stress, that is also a good thing :)  I'm still extremely weak, but have been doing bodyweight exercises and am slowly but surely getting stronger.

I'm also trying to clean up my diet.  I was trying to eat paleo last challenge, which went fairly well, but I established no habits.  I really want to get as many chemicals and processed food and other such junk as possible out of my diet, permanently, because they make me feel pretty horrible.  I'm sort of experimenting with what works best for me, as I am extremely sensitive to foods, and so what I eat will have an immediate, direct impact on my life.

But frankly, I think my biggest, all-encompassing goal, is to be happy.  And, a big part of that picture for me is being healthy.  I need to lose weight for health, and because I think being overweight is a major part of my day to day pain.  I need to get stronger to support myself better, especially considering I'm too flexible for my own good.  And I need to learn to be flexible in ways that aren't going to hurt me, as I think I bend "wrong" sometimes and that causes me more problems.  

I have been debating between staying with the Adventurers for another challenge, or jumping in with the Druids.  My goals themselves are more Adventurer-like in their on-paper presentation, but my internal focus is much more Druid-like, if that makes sense.  I live in my head a lot more than most people seem to, so I really want my head to be a happy place to be :)  

I think I will be joining you Druid's in your lovely forest for this next challenge, just because it somehow feels right.  Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

I think I might belong here. I have long tried to get into the habit of meditating regularly, but I'm constantly convincing myself I don't have the time. Same with yoga. I've realized that I need to start making the time. While I want to lose weight and gain strength, I know I need to improve flexibility and balance. I'm also going to be focusing a lot on cleaning up my diet. I'm brand new here and now need to look around at the challenges a bit more. Figure out what I've gotten myself into. :nightmare:

I think I might belong here. I have long tried to get into the habit of meditating regularly, but I'm constantly convincing myself I don't have the time. Same with yoga. I've realized that I need to start making the time. While I want to lose weight and gain strength, I know I need to improve flexibility and balance. I'm also going to be focusing a lot on cleaning up my diet. I'm brand new here and now need to look around at the challenges a bit more. Figure out what I've gotten myself into. :nightmare:

Welcome to the Druids.   Exactly the reasons I started for weight and strength gaining.  Only been here for a single challenge, but already have pushed my body to drop 4 inches off my waist and almost 40 lbs since I found the site.    Good luck and hope to see what challenges you bring to conquer.  

• Like 1

I think I may be a Druid at heart :)

I have been debating between staying with the Adventurers for another challenge, or jumping in with the Druids.  My goals themselves are more Adventurer-like in their on-paper presentation, but my internal focus is much more Druid-like, if that makes sense.  I live in my head a lot more than most people seem to, so I really want my head to be a happy place to be :)

I think I will be joining you Druid's in your lovely forest for this next challenge, just because it somehow feels right.  Looking forward to it!

Hey,

welcome and good luck!

You are right with the druids. For us its not just the goal but also how you do it. So if you lose your weight the druid way its perfect.

There are many working diets for that. But just some also feel right for you. Good luck with finding these. They are awesome and will make you happy ;)

I'm excited to see your progress!

Figure out what I've gotten myself into. :nightmare:

Something awesome!

Someone awesome(My brain is not awesome at remembering the name...) said: " If you do not have time to meditate 5 minutes a day you do 1 hour."

He is right...

You will figure that one out for you, too.

Good luck.

You can always get up 1 minute earlier to meditate 1 minute right? So tomorrow 1 minute earlier.

The day after 2 minutes.

Soon you have 10 without missing any sleep ;)

Welcome!

• Like 1

Something awesome!

Someone awesome(My brain is not awesome at remembering the name...) said: " If you do not have time to meditate 5 minutes a day you do 1 hour."

He is right...

You will figure that one out for you, too.

Good luck.

You can always get up 1 minute earlier to meditate 1 minute right? So tomorrow 1 minute earlier.

The day after 2 minutes.

Soon you have 10 without missing any sleep ;)

Welcome!

I LOVE that quote.  According to this, it's an old Zen adage.

(http://www.motivationalquotesabout.com/quotes/you-should-sit-in-meditation-for-twenty.aspx)

"You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day - unless you're too busy;

then you should sit for an hour.

~ Old Zen adage"

Another version is this:

"At the start of one especially busy day, Gandhi said, "I have so much to accomplish today that I must meditate for two hours instead of one." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/philip-goldberg/meditation_b_827796.html)

I've seen it attributed to the Dalai Lama, but don't have a source for that.

• Like 1

I think I would like to join the druids :)

I have become very interested in holistic healing approaches recently to consciously start my health journey. While working on becoming healthier I am also aiming at strengthening my mind-body-spirit connection.

Yoga and meditation sounds great- I tend to be very reflective and over think things so I have been wanting to get into meditation to clear my mind.

I LOVE that quote.  According to this, it's an old Zen adage.

(http://www.motivationalquotesabout.com/quotes/you-should-sit-in-meditation-for-twenty.aspx)

"You should sit in meditation for twenty minutes every day - unless you're too busy;

then you should sit for an hour.

~ Old Zen adage"

Another version is this:

"At the start of one especially busy day, Gandhi said, "I have so much to accomplish today that I must meditate for two hours instead of one." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/philip-goldberg/meditation_b_827796.html)

I've seen it attributed to the Dalai Lama, but don't have a source for that.

Thanks!

I will stay with someone awesome =)

Whoever it is is pretty damn right.

I have become very interested in holistic healing approaches recently to consciously start my health journey. While working on becoming healthier I am also aiming at strengthening my mind-body-spirit connection.

Yoga and meditation sounds great- I tend to be very reflective and over think things so I have been wanting to get into meditation to clear my mind.

Great decision. ;)

Good luck!

Holistic healing is very interesting, yes.

Meditation can be awesome, too.

Just create a thread in our challenge area and you are in!

Hi Druids!

Looks like I'll be hanging with y'all this time around. I've got three things going on right now that are going to be the focus of my challenge: therapy, yoga, and mindful eating. I'm working on getting specific challenge ideas down.

Never even mentioned that I am a Reiki practitioner with all the other stuff that I do.   Welcome to the druids.     My nutshell would be turquoise being my birthstone and favorite color.   More flat then shiny.   Oooooo shiny!!