• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

On 10/17/2016 at 5:18 AM, ratmagic said:

Most of my fitness journey is actually about a much more whole-life kind of progress - I have mental health issues to manage, so knowing myself and understanding what lifestyle changes will mesh with my wellbeing in the wider sense is probably the most important part of the battle for me.

I very much value my flexibility and am a bit of a home yoga nut; I love dance; I'm looking into mindfulness meditation to help me manage the "busy head" syndrome I suffer from. Looking forward to getting to know folks.

I am very much the same way as far as the mental health issues and "busy head" syndrome. 

my body is too far gone at the moment to enjoy dance any more, but no matter how bad I got, I was always able to participate in yoga and meditation and get stronger from there, so this will be my starting point as well. 

• Like 1

Druid!  No brainer for me.   :)

Before cancer I did a lot of yoga and was considering getting certified to teach.  10 years have gone by, and after treatment I never quite got back into it.  I've dabbled in meditation.  I'm always decluttering my life.  I spend too much time pondering my purpose without finding it.   This is definitely where I belong.  

Hello,

I am new to this forum, I have made my presentation topic already, and was exploring the forum.

I would like to join the druid guild if that's okay with you. My current goal is to become more compassionate, kind and loving towards others... And towards myself. By slowly changing my lifestyle and adding meditation and other calm activities in my everyday life, I hope I can reach this goal.

So, yeah, hi ^_^

Have a nice day/evening/night :)

• Like 1

Hi guys,

Another newbie looking to join the Druids :) I am into my Tai Chi (even if only a novice), wanting to get back into meditation and my Reiki (I made it to master/teacher level before lapsing), I have a keen interest in nature and spirituality, love crafting and learning new skills so Druids seemed the right guild for me.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

I think a Druid would actually be the best fit for me.  I'm trying to get my mental health in a better place and I want that to be the focus of my upcoming challenges.  I have already begun to get it in the habit of meditating every day using an app called Headspace.  I'm hoping I'll actually finish my challenges instead of quitting a week in.  I'm not really a yoga person, but Tai Chi interests me.  Does anyone have any advice on how to start that?

I am trying out this four-week challenge in the Druids, and I believe they're going to be my NF home -- especially having read this description! I'm very much oriented toward holistic wellness from the inside out. Like a few have mentioned, mental health is a priority and meditation / life decluttering / calm through art and craft are all big for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alannamoonlight said:

I am trying out this four-week challenge in the Druids, and I believe they're going to be my NF home -- especially having read this description! I'm very much oriented toward holistic wellness from the inside out. Like a few have mentioned, mental health is a priority and meditation / life decluttering / calm through art and craft are all big for me.

I am new within the Druid camp on this go-around as well. Welcome. Hopefully we both find a new home here. I need to focus on the mindful, meditative approach as well.

• Like 1

Considering I'm a member of the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids offline, currently Bardic Grade, this one was really a no-brainer for me. I feel lost when I don't get heavy doses of nature and outdoors time. I've been in an on-again-off-again mindfulness meditation habit for a few years now. I used to be heavily into a Hatha Yoga practice, and digging into the deep questions is my jam, toast optional. I have fitness goals, but also I strongly believe that the body is an outward reflection of inner strengths and weaknesses, the two so closely intertwined that you can't separate one from the other. For me personally, I know that some of my fitness challenges directly relate to emotional challenges I've faced in my life and that until I get good with inner me, outer me will continue to try to show me things are out of whack.

So hello, fellow Druids!

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome, and yes, you shall! I am currently in the Level 1 challenge for beginners. My challenge next month will involve Yoga for sure!

I have just joined the Druids.  This is the place for me—having recently visited Stonehenge, and King Arthur’s grave.  I feel very sure that my health and fitness is connected to the way I treat the Earth and environment.  I want us ALL to be healthy and fit.  I await my pending application to the facebook group to be approved, and am excited to begin this quest with you all.

49077347-2B85-4D4E-B3A3-DC8E04A01A0B.jpeg

• Like 4

Hi. I couldn't decide where I fit best - this is time for my third challenge, having done the last one in the rebels. I love being outside and currently am accompanying a friend on her field work for a PhD about butterflies and climate change. This means last month and the coming month I am travelling round many wild places, camping and providing general logistic support. I count myself very fortunate. My head tells me although I've never meditate d or really had a go at yoga, there is something about the druids that feels like I belong. So, I will do my next challenge here and hope to get to know some of my fellow travellers

• Like 1

Hail, and well met!

I seek entry into your hallowed woodlands; your support would be extremely welcome, and I in turn would be very glad to offer my own support as well.

My Druid Goals:

Physical goals: limber up and improve my balance and coordination - and eventually see my toes over my tummy!

Other goals: get back into meditation; improve my rune skills and tarot skills; be better about remembering and writing my dreams.

ABOUT ME:

I've always aspired to be the wise sage who helps others - the 'funny old hermit' or 'wise woman'.

My 'heroes' were Jim Henson and Fred Rogers - men who left the world a better place using warmth and love in their art.

I've studied metaphysics, and I return to Ram Dass from time to time...

That's a start, anyway....

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, Master Blackhawke said:

Hail, and well met!

I seek entry into your hallowed woodlands; your support would be extremely welcome, and I in turn would be very glad to offer my own support as well.

My Druid Goals:

Physical goals: limber up and improve my balance and coordination - and eventually see my toes over my tummy!

Other goals: get back into meditation; improve my rune skills and tarot skills; be better about remembering and writing my dreams.

ABOUT ME:

I've always aspired to be the wise sage who helps others - the 'funny old hermit' or 'wise woman'.

My 'heroes' were Jim Henson and Fred Rogers - men who left the world a better place using warmth and love in their art.

I've studied metaphysics, and I return to Ram Dass from time to time...

That's a start, anyway....

Well met, and welcome. Feel free to drop by the Druid General Chat anytime.

Hi all. I joined here ages ago, and thought I was only for lifting heavy things. Fast forward, and I know I need some help and support, and the intervening time has had some tough times, and its taken a toll on my normally fun playful demeanor and mental health. So while I am also very focused on my physical health, I am very focused on finding my joy and happiness again (goodness I sound like an Anthony Robbins book). So I am back lifting things and doing more cardio and interval work than I have in some time, I am also doing some yoga and meditation for the first time in some time too. 

So that's a long winded way of saying can I join, pretty please?

• Like 1