• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

Welcome to the Druids.   Exactly the reasons I started for weight and strength gaining.  Only been here for a single challenge, but already have pushed my body to drop 4 inches off my waist and almost 40 lbs since I found the site.    Good luck and hope to see what challenges you bring to conquer.  

Congratulations! Those are some amazing achievements.

Something awesome!

Someone awesome(My brain is not awesome at remembering the name...) said: " If you do not have time to meditate 5 minutes a day you do 1 hour."

He is right...

You will figure that one out for you, too.

Good luck.

You can always get up 1 minute earlier to meditate 1 minute right? So tomorrow 1 minute earlier.

The day after 2 minutes.

Soon you have 10 without missing any sleep ;)

Welcome!

That's good advice. Thank you. I'll be trying that sometimes. I unfortunately have a really rough sleep schedule. I'm the only one with a car. I work overnights but the rest of my family works varying day schedules. When my brother has to work (he recently broke his foot and can't walk to or from the bus stop), it's a crazy day for me. I get off work at 7, take my mom to work at 8, take my brother in around 10, pick my brother up at 2, pick my mom up around 5:30 and then back to work for me at 11. All the while trying to sneak naps in between. It's left me quite exhausted and with little time to compromise with sleep. I hope to get things sorted soon so that I can go back to feeling like a person again.

I was planning to join you druids this time, but it looks like us noobs are being segregated away from you lot into a group of our own kind. So, I guess I won't be joining you until the next challenge. Keep my spot warm.

Never even mentioned that I am a Reiki practitioner with all the other stuff that I do.   Welcome to the druids.     My nutshell would be turquoise being my birthstone and favorite color.   More flat then shiny.   Oooooo shiny!!     

Oh cool I have never tried Reiki- what does it entail?

I love shinies! Pleased to meet your nutshell also XD

I won't be joining you for this, my first challenge due to Da' Rules, however I may for my next. I haven't decided whether to go with monk, assassin, or druid for my next challenge, as they all interest me, assassin and druid more so than monk(I pretty much know all I care to for martial arts, apart from fencing, which I'm always interested in learning more in). I'm quite interested in the idea of "Natural Parkour" as I call it, which is seen in the game Assassin's Creed III, and entails basically just parkour and freerunning within a less urban setting, with tree climbing and such, and perhaps my next challenge will involve it, something like going on a hike and jumping out of trees while i'm at it, idk.

No matter which guild I go with, I'll certainly have the druids in mind.

Oh cool I have never tried Reiki- what does it entail?

I love shinies! Pleased to meet your nutshell also XD

Reiki is a holistic healing art.   If ever in a yoga class and you hear a teacher say put your right hand a little over your belly button and left hand over your heart, that is doing self-reiki.   It ties into the chakra system of the body and kind of like working and dealing with your qi or chi energy.   

Reiki is a holistic healing art.   If ever in a yoga class and you hear a teacher say put your right hand a little over your belly button and left hand over your heart, that is doing self-reiki.   It ties into the chakra system of the body and kind of like working and dealing with your qi or chi energy.   

Twice I've had people attempt to help me with a headache using reiki. Once was with a student and another time her teacher. I didn't get any help from the student. But the teacher really helped me.

Even before finishing the opening questions, I knew I was a Druid.  I have even been meditating as of late, trying to open my Solar Plexus, my Sacral, and my Throat Chakras, and I've also been trying to balance my workout by mastering artwork!  So yes, I think this is why it was so easy for me to wander into the forest, so to speak. 

greetings! im an elf druid alchemist, i spend a lot of time in my head, i feel like my body is in pretty good condition (though there is always room for improvement in all things) i meditate often and practice yoga regularly,

i blow glass a whole lot, and its very physically and mentally demanding, this keeps me in good shape as well. I also spend a lot of time dancing and doing various object manipulations (juggling, poi, staff, hulahoop, ect)  I feel like the areas I have to conquer have more to do with maintaining a more regular sleep schedule, and getting my finance situation handled.

also another area i notice, i'm very good at helping to motivate other people, seeing what they need done and helping them on the path to success, although a lot of times i spend a lot of my time helping them and not helping myself, and they don't recipricate in a way that makes it advantagious to me, i feel like im very selfless and this does not bother me but one of my goals is to get better at making sure if i spend a whole lot of energy scratching somone's back, that mine doesn't stay itchy...

I feel like it's all one interconnected web, so once i figure out how to get on the right path, the way will be open to me :) my goal is to be able to travel and meet with other alchemists across the globe, and revolutionize  glad to see you all here!

Hey,

welcome to the druids!

I know the problem of helping people but receiving nothing. I just started to help without expecting anything, so I don't get disappointed anymore.

Everything is paid back somewhen. =)

What kind of glass do you create?

After giving it quite a lot of thought, I think this might be the guild for me. I'm wanting to take up yoga classes soon, as I'm in need of more relaxation in my life since my stress levels get pretty high sometimes! I've also been looking into Tai Chi, but I'm going to sort out the yoga first. I've been wanting to work on my flexibility as well, so the yoga would help boost that too. 

I've been clean eating for a while now and I'm setting myself the goal of going on a strict paleo diet in the upcoming 6 week challenge. So trying to lose weight is also a priority. I've started narrowing down my other goals too, which include finally getting back on track with my artwork and setting time aside each week to produce at least one final art piece. 

Yes, I think joining the druids is for me~

Flexibility - Def for yoga, and as for Tai Chi, of which I am new, I can say we take 20 mins out of each class and devote it to strength building and flexibility & stretching.  

Good luck on your goals and look forward to seeing some progress over with the Druids. 

There is no question in my mind that I am a Druid. As soon as I read about the guilds, I knew this was the one for me. I know I can't join a guild until my second challenge, but I'll be following all my future-fellow Druids' progress with interest and be cheering you all on. I've posted an intro and my mini-goals in my daily battle log. I'll be slowly making progress until the next challenge starts!

I think I have found a soft place to land after our first challenge!  Halfway through my first challenge I realized that the goals I was/am pursuing aren't really right for me.  I'm focusing a lot on lifting and strength, but I'd really like to change pace and work on flexibility and lean length through yoga and running.  This will be a true challenge, since I've never been a runner.  :)  I have successfully reframed my stance on nutrition in our current challenge, and I am eating a 90% primal diet.  I have lost 11 pounds, but I want to do more body recomposition.  Wish me luck!

Greetings all :)

Before I started my first 6 week challenge I had a look at the guilds and didn't really think I fit in anywhere, I figured I'll worry about it when the challenge ends. However, Four weeks in, it suddenly dawned on me... I am a druid. 

I love nature, I love the outdoors, and whilst I'm currently not doing much in the outdoors at the moment, it is where I feel most at peace. One of my favourite places of all time is the Lake District in England, which has alot to do with my motivation to get fitter in the first place. I used to love going on nature walks, bike trails, hiking etc until I lost myself. I want to get back out there. I want to get back on my bike. I want to go to the Lake district this winter and get back into all the things that made me happy. Some of my best memories are in the Lake District.

In the meantime I've rediscovered the Woods I live next door to, with its river running through it. Its become my favourite place to go for a walk (when I have confidence to leave the house.. issues I'm working on). I spent alot of my childhood in them woods, theres a little bridge over the river where I spent hours just thinking about stuff.

I am a deep thinker, and I love how you put that little forest exercise in the recruitment post. Genius!

Whilst I do want to lose fat and become a slimmer/stronger version of myself, alot of it is mental for me. I want to do the things I love without falling and getting hurt, without embarassment, without worrying. I know I need to lose weight but ultimately, the exact number isnt so important, its more being able to be me without limitations.

Also, I have recently started doing very very beginner Yoga and I want to learn how to meditate due to stress issues. I have slightly elevated cortisol. Its very obvious to me now that this is the guild for me. I feel excited. I will definately be back once my current challenge is finished.

I feel like this was a personal statement for a job interview... phew!! so... did I pass? ;)

Greetings all :)

Before I started my first 6 week challenge I had a look at the guilds and didn't really think I fit in anywhere, I figured I'll worry about it when the challenge ends. However, Four weeks in, it suddenly dawned on me... I am a druid. 

I love nature, I love the outdoors, and whilst I'm currently not doing much in the outdoors at the moment, it is where I feel most at peace. One of my favourite places of all time is the Lake District in England, which has alot to do with my motivation to get fitter in the first place. I used to love going on nature walks, bike trails, hiking etc until I lost myself. I want to get back out there. I want to get back on my bike. I want to go to the Lake district this winter and get back into all the things that made me happy. Some of my best memories are in the Lake District.

In the meantime I've rediscovered the Woods I live next door to, with its river running through it. Its become my favourite place to go for a walk (when I have confidence to leave the house.. issues I'm working on). I spent alot of my childhood in them woods, theres a little bridge over the river where I spent hours just thinking about stuff.

I am a deep thinker, and I love how you put that little forest exercise in the recruitment post. Genius!

Whilst I do want to lose fat and become a slimmer/stronger version of myself, alot of it is mental for me. I want to do the things I love without falling and getting hurt, without embarassment, without worrying. I know I need to lose weight but ultimately, the exact number isnt so important, its more being able to be me without limitations.

Also, I have recently started doing very very beginner Yoga and I want to learn how to meditate due to stress issues. I have slightly elevated cortisol. Its very obvious to me now that this is the guild for me. I feel excited. I will definately be back once my current challenge is finished.

I feel like this was a personal statement for a job interview... phew!! so... did I pass? ;)

Loves nature and you do yoga.  Sounds good to this yogi.   Might have to pass the final test though.  Check to make sure you both A.) have a pulse and B.) took a breath while checking to see if you have a pulse.  As long as you pass those tests, I think you will make a wonderful druid.  Welcome to the rebellion!! :-)   

So I'm new to this.  My partner is a Nerd and keeps talking about it so I've decided to give a go ... and I clearly belong with the Druids.  I can't exercise unless it's outdoors and I have a room in our home dedicated to meditation.  Count me in.

Loves nature and you do yoga.  Sounds good to this yogi.   Might have to pass the final test though.  Check to make sure you both A.) have a pulse and B.) took a breath while checking to see if you have a pulse.  As long as you pass those tests, I think you will make a wonderful druid.  Welcome to the rebellion!! :-)   

Hahaha. Thank you! :)

Look forward to the mini challenges :D

... I have a room in our home dedicated to meditation.  

Imagine random "Do want!" Kitty pictures and .gifs as I never use them.

I need one, too!

Welcome to the druids!

MinionLove:

You passed the very moment you read the questions.

So welcome here.

Was thinking about yourself harder or easier than pretending to be something at a job interview?

For me it would be both...

Welcome!

Hi Sunmage,

I have to say, job interviews are much harder! ;) showcasing myself is not something I'm very comfortable with! Lol whereas having to Think about myself, well I didn't have to pretend to be something I'm not which makes it automatically easier :)

Thanks. Excited to join you guys over here :)

After 1st challenge with warriors and 4 challenges as a adventurer it's time to move on - it's time for some clarification of goals - at least for a while.

And so I decided to move here for my 6th challenge, to felow druids, where I can calmly and peacefully sit in the forest, heal my body, and think about stuff :)

ps. Sunmage - great intro to druids, love it :D

Hi there. I've been thinking on moving into the forest. I've failed my last two challenges and I think that it could be because my mind isn't focused. Recently, I've been more interested on Buddhism and now I'm meditating 20 minutes everyday, so I think I could be more comfortable with you. I'll see you all on the next challenge and until then I'll be around here, reading your topics. Bye!

Hey!

Welcome!

I hope you feel comfortable with us. And focused enough to complete ;)

Welcome Panczo! Happy to have you around. I need a kick to do some strength training again ;)

Hello all, I'm new to NF and to this whole challenge idea. As I understand it I can't actually choose a guild until after my first challenge (which will be the next one) but I think that when I'm done, I'll probably be joining the druids. I already try to practice yoga on a daily basis (I'm still a beginner.) I have very high anxiety (GAD) as well as some physical limitations (fibromyalgia) and have found that yoga is one of the very few activities that doesn't cause me immense pain or anxiety the next day. I try to practice meditation or deep breathing at least once a day. I've always been fond of the outdoors and regularly take my family hiking, walking or swimming outside. I'm not much of a spiritual person (humanist atheist) but I have a background steeped in nature religions and still feel at home in the woods. My biggest goals right now are to find better ways of coping with my anxiety and pain that don't involve medication. I often find myself turning to meds to deal with it and I know that I could be a much happier person if I could learn to deal with it myself as much as possible. 

I'm looking forward to becoming a druid and taking better control of my life :)

I'm thinking about becoming a druid, but there's a problem. Every time I try to meditate (and I have... a lot) I end up screaming. I've substituted that with more yoga (which I can do perfectly well), but I'm afraid until I deal with certain demons meditation is just out. Might I still be a candidate?