• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

Hey,

welcome all three! Meditation is not required to be a Druid... I'm interested to see what demon you will slay.

@Lucky: This sounds interesting. Please don't forget that we can not give advice on medical issues. There will be a thread in our new challenge area where you can request some druid support...

Glad to have you!

Hmmm.

I'm a very outdoorsy person and get a lot of pleasure from being outsde. I enjoy decluttering, reading about different cultures etc.. at the moment I'm torn between Rangers and Druids...I'll float around both for a while and see what I think. : )

Hey,

welcome all three! Meditation is not required to be a Druid... I'm interested to see what demon you will slay.

@Lucky: This sounds interesting. Please don't forget that we can not give advice on medical issues. There will be a thread in our new challenge area where you can request some druid support...

Glad to have you!

Oh no worries, I have a doctor for that! When I asked him about controlling my pain he mentioned that a lot of other people have had great success with yoga and meditation, as stress (anxiety) is a big trigger for my pain. That's why I'm here - my motivation is physical and mental wellness, to get away from the diagnosis and focus on the things I can change. 

i am planning on joining you all for the next challenge and thought i'd stop in and say hi. HI!

though im not sure Druid will be my guild forever, i think it's where i need to be right now.  i need to calm down, find better ways to handle stress, and get to know myself a little better if im going to be successful in my fitness goals.

I'm Pretzle and ... I think I might want to join your guild for the next challenge.

I've been an assassin for the past 3 (and my first 3) challenges, and while I really enjoy assassin-y stuff, I've noticed the need to find peace and stay sane has become more important while other goals seem to become less important at this point in my life. I've just started a new job, after graduating with a bachelor of education (for English) last July. Education can be stressful. I know that. I love teaching English, but I'm an introvert so working with lots of people means I have to be aware of my energy level and how to manage that. My hubby is away for 10-11 weeks as part of his studies (English, like me ;)) and I'm currently living with my in-laws.

My goals will be centred around 1) Staying sane and 2) Taking care of my mind without neglecting my body. 

I'm a Christian so I think I'll try some sort of scripture-reading goal or perhaps a more visual approach by reading while visualising what's happening in the chapters... Not *quite* sure yet, but something like it. Or perhaps even attentively listening to worship music for 10-15 minutes a day... Options galore! 

I know I'll be welcome, but do you think I'm also at the right place for this challenge? 

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome all three of you!

Glad to have you!

@Pretzle: Yes it is a druid way to deal with your self. But I doubt church will like the term druid! ;)

Enjoy your time!

@ Luckymunky: Thats what I hoped for. Perfect. I know people who had success with that...

I was so happy to log in this morning and see that the next challenge has been officially posted!  I'm excited and ready to move forward with more goals.  

We're starting to get some cooler mornings now -- time to take my meditations to the woods :)  

I just joined and I think Druid is definitely the place for me! After going to Burning Man for the first time this year, i really fell in love with Meditation and focusing on my life. Im new to yoga but i think it'sgoing to be great for me. I am excited to get started :0

• Like 1

Yay! I am so excited that there is a group for me! I'm not really into heavy lifting and love yoga and meditation. I am currently working on changing my diet to a cleaner more paleo friendly diet to help myself stop feeling sick and regain some energy. I'm excited!

I was a druid as a child and I hope to be one again.

When I was young I would spend hours getting purposefully "lost" in the woods and I was a picky eater; I loved salad bars and hated pizza, french fries and most junk foods. 

I still love to hike and be in nature. I need to get back into healthy eating!

I'm excited to be a druid again!

Reading about the druids really has gotten me excited about joining this guild.

I believe I will contribute to this guild rather than the other guilds.  I am stoked about this next upcoming challenge everyone is chattering about.

Heyhey,

welcome to all three of you!

We will be happy to have you around. Just post a thread and sign up and you are in!

Some People already posted their goals and started, so you can do that, too!

@mistermeistro:

Please take a look at our Level 1 Club. First timers complete one challenge there before they choose a guild. That way you get better support and your group is full of people with the same problems.

I know you want to start as a Druid, but the first challenge is where you create the habits that will change your life so please take a look at the club!

I'm so excited to be joining the Druid's Guild, and thank you for welcoming me into the enchanted recruitment forest. Can't wait to share my quest into yoga, meditation, Paleo lifestyle, getting fit, and pursuing mind-body-spirit harmony with you all!

hello!!

I have not yet even attempted a challenge.  I just joined a few days ago.  I already know where I belong.  (that in an of itself is pretty exciting)

I'm a druid.  I don't know if I can join without completing a challenge.  I am not prepared to start one just now as I'm still figuring out all the moving pieces here.  There is so much information and things to figure out... its going to take me a bit to settle in.

I need to lose 40-60 lbs, but more than that I need to be able to bring my body back down to a size 14.  I need to be able to sustain that for the rest of my life.  I need to firm up some of the bits and pieces that ooze over each other in a most unattractive way.  I need to firm and tone my body so I feel attractive again.  I more than anything need to strengthen and reinforce the core of my body, so I can be healthy again.  I have years of bad food choices and prior injuries that make doing this difficult.  Yet this is not impossible.  I just have to figure the how of it all.

Our most common goals:

• Do Yoga x times   Yes I do yoga.  I should bring myself to my mat more often and I have committed to doing so.
  • Meditate x times    I have a personal practice with this but there is room to improve
  • Be able to do a handstand or reach down to your toes   I can do both. 
  • Do a workout x times  This is where I have some difficulties but I will improve
  • Follow this diet and lose xy pounds  I have chosen to follow a basic Paleo diet with some modifications for quality of life choices included
  • Declutter your life   I am a collector.  I really need to be better at removing some of the extra objects in my world.  I hate throwing things away.  I keep stupid things of no value because some day I might need it .  Even knowing when I need it I wont be able to find it and I'll buy or make another one and wont throw that away either
  • Stop procrastinating  I am REALLY bad about putting things off.  REALLY bad....
  • Get XY done   I have been doing some things in my daily life to help me focus on being a better person, and building habits to a better use of time
  • Master XY  Not something I'm working on right now.. but future.. maybe  Unless you count being in a Master's Degree program.  then yes.  I am doing that. Surprisingly enough I am almost enjoying it.
  • Do TaiChi, Qigong, Pilates,   I love Tai Chi.  When I moved I lost my instructor and I have not been able to find one nearby.  Really sad.  I was doing so well.

I would so very much appreciate advice and encouragement.  I'd like to join in and participate as well.