• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

I'm rather fond of dead animal on my plate as well, so don't stress over it. 

Welcome to the Druid Forest, everyone.  A group of more mindful people willing to help out you will not meet.  

^^This...not a vegetarian here either...am especially fond of bacon  :wub:

• Like 1

I posted here when I first found Nerd Fitness and was guided to start with the beginners.  I have done 3 Challenges and I'm ready to move up to the Druids.

I run,  just began working 5Ks  this has been perfect to rehab the knee now that its healed.  I'm doing great and I meet new people which is fun.

I do yoga.  I have found a joy in yoga I never found before.

I am now a part of a local dojo so I'm back in Tai Chi  (*crowd goes wild*)

My mission is to limit the number of objects in my universe.

Overcome my obsession in keeping pieces of paper for EVER

De cluttering and destressing my life

work on getting (work) certified and find a better way to flow through my days, because the haphazard way my life goes right now isn't working.

and I am a black belt in procrastination and I should think about doing something else.... this is going to be tough.

I've lost 30 lbs at this point since I really got serious about weight loss.   I have 50-60 left to lose.   I'm looking at it now just focusing on the next 5 lbs to lose.  Small changes so I don't get discouraged and overwhelmed.

I'm always going in 8 different directions at once and I really need to learn to focus and follow through..

maybe if Im lucky I can find anchors to help me get my act together.

*hugs* you can and you will :)

• Like 2

Welcome to the druids!

Yay, been looking forward to joining the druids; I think this is probably where I belong. 

I'm mainly focusing on maintaining my swimming, thinking about trying to get into the pool 4 to 5 times a week. I also want to start practicing mindfulness based meditation.

Just one dumb question: in the guild info, it mentioned that a lot of druids are vegetarian or vegan, I'm super anemic and also from a hunting family, so I tend to eat a lot of meat, especially wild game. Is that going to be a problem for me in joining the guild? 

It is if you make it one. =)

Actually it is not. Many people stop craving meat when they do intense yoga for some months, but it is always your choice.

You can achieve probably everything while eating meat.

Since you are eating much real meat you won't suffer the supermarket meat problems =)

We should somehow change this description, but I have no pleasant way yet =)

Actually it is not. Many people stop craving meat when they do intense yoga for some months, but it is always your choice.

You can achieve probably everything while eating meat.

I wonder if this is actually related to yoga or more to do with being immersed in the subculture of yoga.  (I put my money on the latter.)  I used to work at a yoga retreat as a cook and the owner insisted on an all vegetarian menu.  I have a lot of funny little anecdotes from those two summers, however, I won't post them here as I don't want to hijack a guild recruitment thread.  I will add that the yoga subculture, like most subcultures, prescribes its own flavour of Kool-Aid; it's up to each individual if he or she wants to drink it.

• Like 1

Can you explain?

I know the effect exists, but there are many ways for this change.

In my case I wanted something light all the time during a very energetic trip. Afterwards I could't eat meat anymore. It just felt dead in my mouth. I still can swallow it if theres enough sauce on it, though.

But I don't crave it. When I have cravings it's  just the delicious sauce. Actually I eat the sauce even when there was meat cooked in it.

I opened a new topic with some explanation to get some discussion flowing.

I wonder if this is actually related to yoga or more to do with being immersed in the subculture of yoga.  (I put my money on the latter.)  I used to work at a yoga retreat as a cook and the owner insisted on an all vegetarian menu.  I have a lot of funny little anecdotes from those two summers, however, I won't post them here as I don't want to hijack a guild recruitment thread.  I will add that the yoga subculture, like most subcultures, prescribes its own flavour of Kool-Aid; it's up to each individual if he or she wants to drink it.

Since I don't do normal yoga due to this subculture stuff I would love to read your insights here:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/48798-did-yogatai-chienergy-work-change-your-diet/

I believe becoming a Druid is the best decision for me. I need to lose 100+ lbs, however I have a bad knee so I can not do any of the other more 'aggressive' classes until I lose weight. I tend to procrastinate and have bad eating habits. I also would like to grow more spiritually. 

But I feel lost right now! :nightmare:

What is the next step? The 6 week challenge has already started, does that mean I must wait until the end of July to do anything? Can I be someone's apprentice so they can help me work through all my questions? lol :confused:

I believe becoming a Druid is the best decision for me. I need to lose 100+ lbs, however I have a bad knee so I can not do any of the other more 'aggressive' classes until I lose weight. I tend to procrastinate and have bad eating habits. I also would like to grow more spiritually. 

What is the next step? The 6 week challenge has already started, does that mean I must wait until the end of July to do anything? Can I be someone's apprentice so they can help me work through all my questions? lol :confused:

Hello fellow Dragon!!  Welcome

I too suffer from injured and badly treated knees.  My advice is walk.  walk.  then walk.  Slowly, paying attention to your posture.  Tai Chi and yoga were my saving grace when I re injured my knee (doing yard work), but that is a personal choice.  

The motto  start where you are, applies here.    Take some time, read a bunch of people's threads.  Make notes when you find a challenge that "speaks to you".    Write down what you like about it and then read some more.   read some of the accountability buddy forum .. look for groups that share your interests and struggles.  join in the discussion.

Start working on a challenge that is meaningful to you.  Practice it for the last part of the challenge.  See what works and doesn't.  Ask for help if you need it.  post in threads of people who inspire you to reply as you read.  (like I'm doing now)... 

Most of all ... BELIEVE in yourself Dragon... you CAN DO THIS!!!!

My advice is to roll over to the adventurers... they are the first try-get settled- figure it all out guild.  You will find everyone there is pretty much where you are, this allows you to settle in and really get the hang of it. 

Hey,

welcome around here!

Right now the Level 1 Club is your guild.

You can join late at any time, but you have to complete 4 weeks of a challenge in the Level 1 club to join an other guild.

So:

After completing your first challenge you can worry about the right guild ;)

Druids is an excelelnt place for recovering and spiritual development!

If you want to give getting your live together and losing some pounds an emphasis you can also look at the adventurers guild =)

Welcome here and have fun with your late start!

GeminiDragon... Sunmage is of course right.. I forgot about the level 1 club... (guess that's why they are a guild leader!)  Don't be shy ask all the questions you need to.  Good luck to you!!!

Sorry Sunmage..   I got so excited that there was another dragon... I over stepped.... my apologies.

• Like 1

I do!   there is a whole forum devoted to it too.. check on the forum home page down at the bottom... you should find it fairly easily.

congrats on joining the level 1 club, and for investing in your health  *claps*  great start!

Beaucastle, thanks so much for the excitement! Sunmage, I have joined the Level 1 club  :surprise:  and I am on my way to becoming a druid! BTW does anyone on here do Tai Chi?

Hi :) Glad to see you here! Enjoy the Level 1 club and I look forward to seeing you here soon :) :)

Its been quite a while since I've been here on nerd fitness. And I try to limit my activity online simply because I want to keep myself active.

Originally I was a ranger when I first started. I enjoy HIIT and similar things, and my goal was to improve myself in multiple ways.

But in truth I want to change a lot more than just physical aspects of my life. Discipline being one of the greatest. Repeatedly when I would work out I would go to heavy to fast, thinking that I needed to lift more than everybody else. Thus injuring myself again (I originally stopped due to an arm injury) I've come to the realization that as long as I am walking out of the gym exhausted, and have pushed myself farther than I thought I could go, then I am happy. I leave my pride at the door, and while guys around me are throwing around serious weight, I don't get discouraged, I just think to myself "everybody starts somewhere, and Ill be back to lifting heavier things soon enough."

I am not big into the, for lack of a better word "spiritual" aspect of things like Yoga. But I do practice yoga for its many benefits. I play some theme music from 300 or gladiator, and it really gets me pumped for the rest of my day.

As well my lifes dream is to be an artist. However sometimes I can't bring myself to paint due to various reasons. But I need to start pushing myself to do it. Its just like in the gym. Michelangelo, Cassat, and all of my other favorite artists didn't become great overnight. And just like in the gym I need to put the time in to get where I want to be.

So I will try to log on once a day for a brief time. I look forward to learning as much as I can. And maybe meeting some people along the way.

• Like 1

Its been quite a while since I've been here on nerd fitness. And I try to limit my activity online simply because I want to keep myself active.

Originally I was a ranger when I first started. I enjoy HIIT and similar things, and my goal was to improve myself in multiple ways.

But in truth I want to change a lot more than just physical aspects of my life. Discipline being one of the greatest. Repeatedly when I would work out I would go to heavy to fast, thinking that I needed to lift more than everybody else. Thus injuring myself again (I originally stopped due to an arm injury) I've come to the realization that as long as I am walking out of the gym exhausted, and have pushed myself farther than I thought I could go, then I am happy. I leave my pride at the door, and while guys around me are throwing around serious weight, I don't get discouraged, I just think to myself "everybody starts somewhere, and Ill be back to lifting heavier things soon enough."

I am not big into the, for lack of a better word "spiritual" aspect of things like Yoga. But I do practice yoga for its many benefits. I play some theme music from 300 or gladiator, and it really gets me pumped for the rest of my day.

As well my lifes dream is to be an artist. However sometimes I can't bring myself to paint due to various reasons. But I need to start pushing myself to do it. Its just like in the gym. Michelangelo, Cassat, and all of my other favorite artists didn't become great overnight. And just like in the gym I need to put the time in to get where I want to be.

So I will try to log on once a day for a brief time. I look forward to learning as much as I can. And maybe meeting some people along the way.

Hey,

how about joining the coming 6 week challenge to round this plan up?

Thank you. Right now my goals seem to be more suited for the rangers. But I would still like to stop in and learn a bunch about yoga and discipline and things like I said in my post.

Psst... I'm joining you guys on the 28th. This warrior needs to workout his mind and soul and with his knee out of commission until further notice, now is the perfect opportunity.

• Like 3

I knew instantly I was a Druid but then reading the ideas here gave me the confirmation.

Do Yoga x times

Meditate x times

Be able to do a handstand or reach down to your toes

Do a workout x times

Follow this diet and lose xy pounds

Declutter your life

Stop procrastinating

Get XY done

Master XY

Do TaiChi, Qigong, Pilates

Yes. I need to put values to some of those but they fit me perfectly. I have found my primary class.

• Like 1