• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

Hello !

I'm new here and to the whole NerdFitness concept.

Looking around I think Druid is the best fit for me. I enjoy TaiChi and QiGong mostly though do want to move into getting fit, with some weight training. I signed up for the Academy to have a structured program to follow.

I look forward to reading and learning my way through this forum in the coming days and weeks.

Cheers

:)

• Like 1

Hello! Super new to the community. The Druids is where I feel like I need to be, if you will have me! I'm not really sure how to navigate the forums or where to start. :S

I used to do yoga and will slowly get my way back to it.

Goals are diet changes, weight loss, life balance and mental clarity, strengthening and to reduce symptoms of PCOS.

Hello! I joined the rebellion a year ago but have just been working on/by myself to start. I love yoga and meditation and feeling connected to nature. I'm not focused on weight loss but on developing flexibility (especially in the spine) and increasing mindfulness. I must be a Druid! Hoping you'll have me...

Hello Druids, I think I've found my home.

Whenever I've tried to loose weight or improve fitness I've always ended up feeling like most programs just train the body and leave the mind behind.

I'm looking forward to joining a group that focuses on the body and keeps the mind relevant.

As I learn how to use this sight, I look forward to moving forward with my fellow druids.

Welcome to all of you!

On 12.3.2016 at 3:49 PM, nushmutty said:

Hello! I joined the rebellion a year ago but have just been working on/by myself to start. I love yoga and meditation and feeling connected to nature. I'm not focused on weight loss but on developing flexibility (especially in the spine) and increasing mindfulness. I must be a Druid! Hoping you'll have me...

That sounds great! Of course we will have you!

On 18.3.2016 at 3:03 PM, Swankyhank said:

Hello Druids, I think I've found my home.

Whenever I've tried to loose weight or improve fitness I've always ended up feeling like most programs just train the body and leave the mind behind.

I'm looking forward to joining a group that focuses on the body and keeps the mind relevant.

As I learn how to use this sight, I look forward to moving forward with my fellow druids.

Hey, 
you can change the body. The mind will follow somewhen. But for me it feels better to do both at the same time, too!

Join us for the next challenge and we will see where your body-mind connection takes you =)

I do believe Druids is where I belong. :) I've been doing meditation, and last month had started a yoga class here at the local fitness studio and have been hooked ever since! Currently working on my first challenge!!

• Like 1

Hello!

I've just recently joined Nerd Fitness, and came across these forums. At first I had myself pegged as an Adventurer, but after looking around these posts and trying out the Character Generator, I think that I am first and foremost a Druid at heart. :-)

I've always been interested in mysticism, philosophy, and cultivating wisdom. For me, all other outward actions and goals stem ultimately from the internal journey and transformation. I find that if I focus too much on the external without being in tune with the internal, life will find a way to sweep me off my feet and remind me about what's important! :tranquil:

I'm looking forward to joining the next challenge soon.

• Like 1

Hello Druids,

I joined the guild at CNF15, but have been lax in joining the forums.  

I've been making myself healthier for over a year now and have come to one firm conclusion.  

I hate exercise.  

But Yoga is my happy place.

I started years ago when I was teaching rec gymnastics because the normal stretches were no longer effective.  Lately its been interspersed with more conventional cardio and strength training.  But i still look forward to squeezing it in whenever I'm able.  Working full time and having a family makes finding time for my physical and mental health challenging at best.  But this is a question of survival, not vanity.  And sometimes that means finding a quiet green place and making yourself a human pretzel.

• Like 1

Hello!

After Reading through the Guilds and looking into them,  it is obvious this is where I lie.  

I have been Buddhist for 6 years,  with regular meditation 2x a day,  I am a vegan and have been working on transitioning to a no sugar diet (aside from what is in fruits and veggies) and I believe that flexibility is the most important aspect of fitness and have been doing daily stretches/yoga for years!

Looking forward to joining this guild to be with more people who coincide with my fitness beliefs !!!

• Like 1

On 25.3.2016 at 11:49 PM, Silverdracos said:

Hello Druids,

I joined the guild at CNF15, but have been lax in joining the forums.  

I've been making myself healthier for over a year now and have come to one firm conclusion.  

I hate exercise.  

But Yoga is my happy place.

I started years ago when I was teaching rec gymnastics because the normal stretches were no longer effective.  Lately its been interspersed with more conventional cardio and strength training.  But i still look forward to squeezing it in whenever I'm able.  Working full time and having a family makes finding time for my physical and mental health challenging at best.  But this is a question of survival, not vanity.  And sometimes that means finding a quiet green place and making yourself a human pretzel.

Good to know =)

Join us in the challenge forums whenever you want to!

Yoga can be an awesome way of staying sne and healthy =)

On 31.3.2016 at 4:44 PM, Jackfrosty7 said:

Hello!

After Reading through the Guilds and looking into them,  it is obvious this is where I lie.  

I have been Buddhist for 6 years,  with regular meditation 2x a day,  I am a vegan and have been working on transitioning to a no sugar diet (aside from what is in fruits and veggies) and I believe that flexibility is the most important aspect of fitness and have been doing daily stretches/yoga for years!

Looking forward to joining this guild to be with more people who coincide with my fitness beliefs !!!

Welcome!

Yes that sounds pretty obvious!

Join us in the challenge forums and don't forget to let us know how that diet works for you =)

11 hours ago, Nalgene said:

Yo I'm in for the druid style. I am wanting to do more yoga and meditation. This group rocks! Any tips for a noob like me? 

Just do it. Do some research and start. Don't spend weeks researching the best way. Just start. 

There are great apps for meditation. Just try some and keep the ones that work best for you!

I'm a very new recruit and am deciding between the Druids and the Assassins.  While I love the mentality of the Druids, I'm not one to meditate often, etc. and sometimes prefer some kick-butt type workouts intermixed with yoga and pilates.  Any feedback on this decision?

Hi all. I'm currently in the final week of my first challenge. I've been looking into the various Guilds and I think I might be a Druid. In terms of the physical activities and exercise I'm currently doing and want to do, I'm heavily Assassin and Monk. (Enjoy doing bodyweight training and want to start jujitsu and kendo). However I feel that the reasons I've joined the Rebellion, my love of nature, philosophies and thought processes make me a Druid. Would I be accepted in the Druids?

I guess you could say I'm a samurai: Assassin and Monk physicality with a Druid's mind (and a love of Japanese culture and history)?

• Like 1

On 23.5.2016 at 7:52 PM, KerryG said:

I'm a very new recruit and am deciding between the Druids and the Assassins.  While I love the mentality of the Druids, I'm not one to meditate often, etc. and sometimes prefer some kick-butt type workouts intermixed with yoga and pilates.  Any feedback on this decision?

Sorry. I had an off challenge.

Druid. Over Time quite a few Druids did Crossfit or serious lifting and so on. I rarely meditate or do yoga ;). But I did meditate a lot some years ago.

Welcome!

If you are still unsure just look at the people and the way they support each other in both guilds and base your decision on that. You are ALWAYS welcome to change..

Good luck!

On 3.6.2016 at 5:23 AM, Kvedulf said:

Hi all. I'm currently in the final week of my first challenge. I've been looking into the various Guilds and I think I might be a Druid. In terms of the physical activities and exercise I'm currently doing and want to do, I'm heavily Assassin and Monk. (Enjoy doing bodyweight training and want to start jujitsu and kendo). However I feel that the reasons I've joined the Rebellion, my love of nature, philosophies and thought processes make me a Druid. Would I be accepted in the Druids?

I guess you could say I'm a samurai: Assassin and Monk physicality with a Druid's mind (and a love of Japanese culture and history)?

Yes. Welcome!

The activity alone is nothing. It is the mindset behind. But thats difficult to transfer in the official script ;)

I'm excited to meet you, I spent some time with Bokken and Jo and Warrior Stereotypes recently.

• Like 1

Hi,

Totally new here.  I selected druid because in fits my mindset and goals pretty well.  I will be taking up yoga to improve my core strength and balance, along with quieting my busy mind.  Of course there will be some strength training and perhaps even Ti-chi(sp?).  I am tired of being unable to explore the world around me like I used to do when I was young. So here I am committing to lifestyle changes that will carry me to the end of this journey called life without being stuck in a chair for the rest of it.

Greetings! 

I'm completely new as of this weekend, but I knew instantly that Druid is for me. I used to practice light yoga years ago, and love the peace of mind it brings. I do believe that little, measured motions can build up to great things.

Like many here, I'm searching for a better lifestyle in both mind and body. I've been informed that my previous unhealthy lifestyle is starting to take a toll, but it can be reversed if I take control of things right now. I'm seeing it as a serious wake-up call... which has led me to post here to meet you! 

Looking forward to this new adventure. :)

• Like 2

Hi all. I am brand new and this is my first post! Still figuring things out. Years of neglect and now autoimmune illness has finally given me the kick I need to say it's time to look after myself. I'm excited by this site and was instantly drawn to Druids. I'm a Druid by heart, naturally drawn to matters  of the mind and spirit. I've enjoyed meditation retreats in the past and dabbled in yoga. I've kicked off my journey in earnest last week. One week into a whole 30, week two of a beginners yoga course and have a fitness assessment at the gym tomorrow to get started with some weights and cardio. Game on...

• Like 1

Hello.  I'm currently on my third challenge with the Rebels.  When I first started, I was 100% positive that I was a Druid.  I'm glad that the general rule of thumb is that your first challenge should be with the Rebels, because what I had thought I knew for sure was really just ignorance.  By the end of the first four weeks, and all through the second challenge, I began to look around a bit and see so many options that I hadn't really thought about taking, that I wasn't sure anymore what was best for me. 

I don't regret taking the time to think things over, because my certainty is now a considered decision and not just diving in with no thought or plan.  This is where my fitness goals, my diet goals, and my mindset goals are all leading, and what my nature demands.  I think by the time my fourth challenge is due to start, I'll have narrowed down those goals even further. 

So, I hope I am welcome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tienlong said:

Hello.  I'm currently on my third challenge with the Rebels.  When I first started, I was 100% positive that I was a Druid.  I'm glad that the general rule of thumb is that your first challenge should be with the Rebels, because what I had thought I knew for sure was really just ignorance.  By the end of the first four weeks, and all through the second challenge, I began to look around a bit and see so many options that I hadn't really thought about taking, that I wasn't sure anymore what was best for me. 

I don't regret taking the time to think things over, because my certainty is now a considered decision and not just diving in with no thought or plan.  This is where my fitness goals, my diet goals, and my mindset goals are all leading, and what my nature demands.  I think by the time my fourth challenge is due to start, I'll have narrowed down those goals even further. 

So, I hope I am welcome.

Sounds like you've given it a lot of through and have a solid base :D Welcome to the Druids, we're happy to have you <3