• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

Hey Beaucastle,

sorry, I was pretty busy.

You sound like a druid.

But you have to(and should) do your first challenge with the Level 1 Club. It is easier for you and you get great support there. The biggest struggle is keeping your plan for the whole 6 weeks. For all Kinds of plans. 

For the Druid stuff you can visit our challenge area and ask there.

Afterwards we can work on the details in the druid guild.

I know you want to join right away, but that way you get support from 2 Guilds and meet some people doing other stuff.

For me Martial Arts is very helpful at the moment...

@ Reannalynne:

If you do a 6 weeks challenge you choose a guild as support group. We are about 30 people with quite similiar goals, so you get great support. 

Just give try the next challenge with the Level 1 Club and then join us.

It's fun. And lots of hard work ;)

• Like 1

Hi

I am very very new to being fit and healthy... at least as an adult. As a teen, I was a super fit elf-scout type... and then adulthood arrived, and like a second wave of puberty my body entirely changed. I guess I'm more like a hobbit now, for all that I'm human height - I am rounder than average, but not ridiculously so, and I have a cultural and religious attachment to food and homemaking. 

This kind of body transformation has made re-learning how to exercise very difficult. I can't really run right now - not at all. My asthma got significantly worse as I got older and fell more out of shape, and with the weight gain I don't think I'd feel safe starting out just running right away. Besides, my priorities in life have also changed.

The big reason I decided I wanted to be healthier is that I want to start trying to get pregnant in the next year or so. My wife and I will have to use donor sperm, which has a lower chance of impregnating me, so I want to be as fertile as possible, and also be healthy.

It seems like this profession is the kind of place that suits my introspective personality, and that will also help me find more concrete exercise and diet measurements for what "more fertile" means - more than the other professions.

Do I have this right?

Sure you do! Sorry, I just overlooked this thread....

But please ask yourself if you get in better shape for the fertility or for you.

You might need that fitness later to handle a toddler exploring the world ;)

This seems like the guild that fits my needs and tendencies the most. My road to better fitness started about five years ago. I've lost 50 lbs. and have maintained that loss for some time. It's time to lose another 50 lbs.

I have participated in fitness/wellness challenges in the past. I work at a fitness studio (manager) and have participated in several since I started working there. It's fun!

I do Pilates a lot, plus weight training. My diet leans towards organic and minimally-processed foods. I practice EBT (emotional brain training). I have big fitness goals, but they're mostly about achieving an optimum level of overall wellness.

• Like 1

That sounds like you are a great match for us!

Welcome to the druids!

What exactly does the EBT practice to your brain?

Is it like meditating or relaxing, or???

EBT is a total science nerdfest stress management practice! You can read about it at www.ebtgroups.com.

It is a method that was developed at UCSF for rewiring the brain to achieve and maintain calmer, more joyful brain states. In moments of stress, we tend to resort to our "go-to" method of stress relief, and for me that was overeating, especially fast foods. With EBT, I can walk myself through the method, calm myself down, illicit the help of a network of friends who can help me feel heard and then even formulate a plan to deal with the cause of the stress. It requires practicing a lot of mindfulness throughout the day.

The method takes time to learn, but I really value what I've learned. Every year there's also a retreat in Sausalito, at a resort by the northern foot of the Golden Gate Bridge. Love going to it!

• Like 2

Do Yoga x times - OK, I like Yoga
    Meditate x times - I do Holosync when my focus is waning, works well for me.
    Be able to do a handstand or reach down to your toes - Handstands are fun, I'd like to be able to do 10 handstand pushups as a personal goal. 
    Do a workout x times - Sounds good. 
    Follow this diet and lose xy pounds - Following a Paleo diet from the book "Practical Paleo" and also incorporating lots of slow cook recipies (because yum). 
    Declutter your life - Right O!
    Stop procrastinating - Like I'm doing now? 
    Get XY done - Note sure what XY is other then axis on a 2d plane and up. 
    Master XY - Again, confusion here. 
    Do TaiChi, Qigong, Pilates - I've done some Pilates but I'd like to try TaiChi and Qigong, maybe I can follow someone on the forums doing either of the two. 

Fellow Druid reporting in. 

Are you?

XY means whatever *** or "fill in what you like" ;)

Master any hobby, profession etc

Do TaiChi, Qigong, Pilates - I've done some Pilates but I'd like to try TaiChi and Qigong, maybe I can follow someone on the forums doing either of the two. 

You will find some instructions!

Welcome to the Druids!

• Like 1

It's Friday night. I'm tired after a 2-hr. workout (cardio/TRX/weights/Pilates) and a full day of errands and work.

Lamb shawarma salad with baba ganoujh for dinner. Yum!

Feet propped up, surfing Xfinity OnDemand TV. Wild Turkey in my hand.

1. Klondike was very good. Made me happy to live in the modern world.
  2. White Collar was...predictable.
  3. Community - *snort* The Floor is Lava. Good times.

Welcome to the Druids!

Thanks, and I was kind of pro crastinating at the time, but I got my XY done after a few minutes of deep breathing meditation.  :peaceful:

Lamb shawarma salad with baba ganoujh for dinner. Yum!

I've had some awesome shwarma in seattle that I'll never forget.  Perhaps it's time to give it a go in the kitchen if you would be so kind as to share your wisdom. 

• Like 1

I believe this guild would be a good fit for me :)

I have been primal the last 11 days, and lost a total of 7lbs combined with cardio and strength-training.  A few years ago I was heavy into yoga and meditation, and I wish to get back into it.  During the summer and spring months I do a lot of my non-gym workouts barefoot (completely) or with Vibrams, usually without equipment and just using what nature gives me (climbing, jumping, running... body weight exercises, too).

A look at my life: I'm a scientist/medical professional with a new-age tinge - I love astrology, homeopathic remedies, and nutrition.  I'm the crazy scientist going to the laboratory in Grateful Dead and tie-dye t-shirts.  I am a Red Cross volunteer who has deployed nationally to natural disasters (Joplin, MO for the tornado) as an EMT, and I have spent the last 3 years of my life as a volunteer EMT in the NYC-metro area - unfortunately my volunteer company was phased out with paid EMTs and I resigned to get a job as an EMT with an oil refinery.  Ultimately my goal in life is to get into medical school, start a family, and become a Doctor Without Borders, or be a traveling physician with another company who treats the uninsured, the homeless, or patients no one else takes responsibility for.  

I grow my own vegetables in my little "urban farm" (ok, it's a pallet-sized garden), but it makes me happy.  I am also a medical marijuana advocate, homebirth advocate, raw milk/farm advocate, etc etc.  Most in my field describe me as "weird," but I like it that way :tongue:  Right now I would consider myself overweight (and not in denial), but am aiming to go to the gym/work out to first get healthier, and accept whatever weightloss comes with it.  The weight on my shoulders from my job is more serious to me to rid, so meditation and yoga is a MUST for me... a healthy mind means a healthy body, and one can not be successful without the other, which has been my problem.

I LOVE cooking and enjoy preparing paleo meals for both myself and my family (ok, and my dogs too).  I'm the happiest out hiking in the woods, or resting on the beach and just observing the true beauty of this life.  Looking forward to the challenges and meeting new people!

P.S- "Nirvi" is short for Nirvikalpa, a term used in some forms of Yoga, which is a 'name' some friends call me... from the wiki: "To put it simply. Nirvikalpa is a state in which the practitioner realizes that he/she is one with God. A state of non-duality. This one word 'Nirvikalpa' describes the whole truth, that the God is within you. As he is everywhere and infinite, he is in you as well."

• Like 2

Hi everyone! My name is Bekah and I am the new Druid Ambassador. What that means is that if you need help with posting a challenge thread or have questions about being a Druid and what to do or where to go or how to do anything, from picking goals to how to find something for dinner, or just to hear a bad joke, I'm your girl :) I went back a couple of challenges because I haven't seen some of you posting and would love to have you come hang out with us!!!! First time Challengers are supposed to go to the Level 1 Rebels guild, so I will go over there to stalk you errrr...look for you as well. Feel free to post here or send me a PM if you need anything, I am especially good at supportive pep talks!

Welcome to the Druid Forest everyone!

I'm Pretzle and ... I think I might want to join your guild for the next challenge.

I've been an assassin for the past 3 (and my first 3) challenges, and while I really enjoy assassin-y stuff, I've noticed the need to find peace and stay sane has become more important while other goals seem to become less important at this point in my life. I've just started a new job, after graduating with a bachelor of education (for English) last July. Education can be stressful. I know that. I love teaching English, but I'm an introvert so working with lots of people means I have to be aware of my energy level and how to manage that. My hubby is away for 10-11 weeks as part of his studies (English, like me ;)) and I'm currently living with my in-laws.

My goals will be centred around 1) Staying sane and 2) Taking care of my mind without neglecting my body.

I'm a Christian so I think I'll try some sort of scripture-reading goal or perhaps a more visual approach by reading while visualising what's happening in the chapters... Not *quite* sure yet, but something like it. Or perhaps even attentively listening to worship music for 10-15 minutes a day... Options galore!

I know I'll be welcome, but do you think I'm also at the right place for this challenge?

Nice to meet you all!

Pretzle darling, I know you stayed Assassin-y but if you still feel the pull of staying sane and needing to tap into your spiritual side (I accept any spiritual pursuit regardless of if it's "typically" Druid-y, but I can't speak for everyone, although I'm certain they will love having you bc Druids are pretty tolerant folks). Sooooo, come on by if you feel like it

After a conversation with a fellow Nerd, I decided to stop procrastinating and join the Guild.

'Bout Time ;) I'm glad you are here!

Seems right for me, where do I sign?

Hi :) Are you still interested? We WANT you! (but not necessarily in the same way Uncle Sam does!!!)

I just joined and I think Druid is definitely the place for me! After going to Burning Man for the first time this year, i really fell in love with Meditation and focusing on my life. Im new to yoga but i think it'sgoing to be great for me. I am excited to get started :0

Meditation and Yoga are very Druid-y for sure, but anything related to your spiritual/mental/emotional improvement is Druid-y too! How has it been going?

Yay! I am so excited that there is a group for me! I'm not really into heavy lifting and love yoga and meditation. I am currently working on changing my diet to a cleaner more paleo friendly diet to help myself stop feeling sick and regain some energy. I'm excited!

Hi :) Did you forget about us or just haven't taken the plunge?

I just posted in the Adventurers, but this is definitely the group I need to be a part of. Please get me in on this ASAP!

I hope things are going well and you are still looking our way when you are ready

I was a druid as a child and I hope to be one again.

When I was young I would spend hours getting purposefully "lost" in the woods and I was a picky eater; I loved salad bars and hated pizza, french fries and most junk foods.

I still love to hike and be in nature. I need to get back into healthy eating!

I'm excited to be a druid again!

and we are excited to have you!!!

Hi everyone! My name is Bekah and I am the new Druid Ambassador. What that means is that if you need help with posting a challenge thread or have questions about being a Druid and what to do or where to go or how to do anything, from picking goals to how to find something for dinner, or just to hear a bad joke, I'm your girl :) I went back a couple of challenges because I haven't seen some of you posting and would love to have you come hang out with us!!!! First time Challengers are supposed to go to the Level 1 Rebels guild, so I will go over there to stalk you errrr...look for you as well. Feel free to post here or send me a PM if you need anything, I am especially good at supportive pep talks! P.S. You are also allowed to come hang out with us in the Forest unofficially...Some of us do quite a bit of "clowning" around and it's a fun place to be :D

Welcome to the Druid Forest everyone!

***relocated***

Yay!!! How do you like it so far?

For the upcoming challenge I'm definitely going to be a Druid, I cant wait!

Hello :) I can't wait either!![/colr]

Reading about the druids really has gotten me excited about joining this guild.

I believe I will contribute to this guild rather than the other guilds. I am stoked about this next upcoming challenge everyone is chattering about.

I hope things are going well and you didn't change your mind.

I'm so excited to be joining the Druid's Guild, and thank you for welcoming me into the enchanted recruitment forest. Can't wait to share my quest into yoga, meditation, Paleo lifestyle, getting fit, and pursuing mind-body-spirit harmony with you all!

Hiya! I hope you are having a great time in your pursuit and can't wait to get to know you better!

hello!!

I have not yet even attempted a challenge. I just joined a few days ago. I already know where I belong. (that in an of itself is pretty exciting)

I'm a druid. I don't know if I can join without completing a challenge. I am not prepared to start one just now as I'm still figuring out all the moving pieces here. There is so much information and things to figure out... its going to take me a bit to settle in.

I need to lose 40-60 lbs, but more than that I need to be able to bring my body back down to a size 14. I need to be able to sustain that for the rest of my life. I need to firm up some of the bits and pieces that ooze over each other in a most unattractive way. I need to firm and tone my body so I feel attractive again. I more than anything need to strengthen and reinforce the core of my body, so I can be healthy again. I have years of bad food choices and prior injuries that make doing this difficult. Yet this is not impossible. I just have to figure the how of it all.

Our most common goals:

• Do Yoga x times Yes I do yoga. I should bring myself to my mat more often and I have committed to doing so.
  • Meditate x times I have a personal practice with this but there is room to improve
  • Be able to do a handstand or reach down to your toes I can do both.
  • Do a workout x times This is where I have some difficulties but I will improve
  • Follow this diet and lose xy pounds I have chosen to follow a basic Paleo diet with some modifications for quality of life choices included
  • Declutter your life I am a collector. I really need to be better at removing some of the extra objects in my world. I hate throwing things away. I keep stupid things of no value because some day I might need it . Even knowing when I need it I wont be able to find it and I'll buy or make another one and wont throw that away either
  • Stop procrastinating I am REALLY bad about putting things off. REALLY bad....
  • Get XY done I have been doing some things in my daily life to help me focus on being a better person, and building habits to a better use of time
  • Master XY Not something I'm working on right now.. but future.. maybe Unless you count being in a Master's Degree program. then yes. I am doing that. Surprisingly enough I am almost enjoying it.
  • Do TaiChi, Qigong, Pilates, I love Tai Chi. When I moved I lost my instructor and I have not been able to find one nearby. Really sad. I was doing so well.
I would so very much appreciate advice and encouragement. I'd like to join in and participate as well.

You don't have to do all of the "suggested" goals, or any of them really, just have the desire to improve your mental/spiritual/emotional side in whatever way works best for you. You are definitely going to succeed and I can't wait till you are in the Forest with us!!!

This sounds like my kind of group... but I am still confused on what these guilds are? Support groups?

In a sense, yes. You choose the "Guild" that best supports your type of goals (or general mindset) and each time there is a new 6 week challenge, each Guild will have its forum area (The Druid Forest for us) listed inside the current challenge forum, and then you "start a topic" (commonly called your "Challenge Thread") and post your goals for that challenge, or just say you love us and need help in some way if that's the case. Generally the Guild area for a challenge is up a week or so prior to the upcoming challenge and so many of us are here even between challenges to hang out, support eachother, make friends etc. to keep focused between challenges.

If you are still interested, we would love to have you when you are ready!

Hi

I am very very new to being fit and healthy... at least as an adult. As a teen, I was a super fit elf-scout type... and then adulthood arrived, and like a second wave of puberty my body entirely changed. I guess I'm more like a hobbit now, for all that I'm human height - I am rounder than average, but not ridiculously so, and I have a cultural and religious attachment to food and homemaking.

This kind of body transformation has made re-learning how to exercise very difficult. I can't really run right now - not at all. My asthma got significantly worse as I got older and fell more out of shape, and with the weight gain I don't think I'd feel safe starting out just running right away. Besides, my priorities in life have also changed.

The big reason I decided I wanted to be healthier is that I want to start trying to get pregnant in the next year or so. My wife and I will have to use donor sperm, which has a lower chance of impregnating me, so I want to be as fertile as possible, and also be healthy.

It seems like this profession is the kind of place that suits my introspective personality, and that will also help me find more concrete exercise and diet measurements for what "more fertile" means - more than the other professions.

Do I have this right?

Hi :) I hope you have had success with getting started with your goals, it is clearly an important one! I look forward to seeing you when it's time!

This seems like the guild that fits my needs and tendencies the most. My road to better fitness started about five years ago. I've lost 50 lbs. and have maintained that loss for some time. It's time to lose another 50 lbs.

I have participated in fitness/wellness challenges in the past. I work at a fitness studio (manager) and have participated in several since I started working there. It's fun!

I do Pilates a lot, plus weight training. My diet leans towards organic and minimally-processed foods. I practice EBT (emotional brain training). I have big fitness goals, but they're mostly about achieving an optimum level of overall wellness.

I have heard amazing things about EBT. I hope you are over in the first timers guild at the moment and can't wait to see you in the Forest!!!

Do Yoga x times - OK, I like Yoga

Meditate x times - I do Holosync when my focus is waning, works well for me.

Be able to do a handstand or reach down to your toes - Handstands are fun, I'd like to be able to do 10 handstand pushups as a personal goal.

Do a workout x times - Sounds good.

Follow this diet and lose xy pounds - Following a Paleo diet from the book "Practical Paleo" and also incorporating lots of slow cook recipies (because yum).

Declutter your life - Right O!

Hi and welcome. You definitely seem Druid-y to me!

I believe this guild would be a good fit for me :)

I have been primal the last 11 days, and lost a total of 7lbs combined with cardio and strength-training. A few years ago I was heavy into yoga and meditation, and I wish to get back into it. During the summer and spring months I do a lot of my non-gym workouts barefoot (completely) or with Vibrams, usually without equipment and just using what nature gives me (climbing, jumping, running... body weight exercises, too).

A look at my life: I'm a scientist/medical professional with a new-age tinge - I love astrology, homeopathic remedies, and nutrition. I'm the crazy scientist going to the laboratory in Grateful Dead and tie-dye t-shirts. I am a Red Cross volunteer who has deployed nationally to natural disasters (Joplin, MO for the tornado) as an EMT, and I have spent the last 3 years of my life as a volunteer EMT in the NYC-metro area - unfortunately my volunteer company was phased out with paid EMTs and I resigned to get a job as an EMT with an oil refinery. Ultimately my goal in life is to get into medical school, start a family, and become a Doctor Without Borders, or be a traveling physician with another company who treats the uninsured, the homeless, or patients no one else takes responsibility for.

I grow my own vegetables in my little "urban farm" (ok, it's a pallet-sized garden), but it makes me happy. I am also a medical marijuana advocate, homebirth advocate, raw milk/farm advocate, etc etc. Most in my field describe me as "weird," but I like it that way :tongue: Right now I would consider myself overweight (and not in denial), but am aiming to go to the gym/work out to first get healthier, and accept whatever weightloss comes with it. The weight on my shoulders from my job is more serious to me to rid, so meditation and yoga is a MUST for me... a healthy mind means a healthy body, and one can not be successful without the other, which has been my problem.

I LOVE cooking and enjoy preparing paleo meals for both myself and my family (ok, and my dogs too). I'm the happiest out hiking in the woods, or resting on the beach and just observing the true beauty of this life. Looking forward to the challenges and meeting new people!

P.S- "Nirvi" is short for Nirvikalpa, a term used in some forms of Yoga, which is a 'name' some friends call me... from the wiki: "To put it simply. Nirvikalpa is a state in which the practitioner realizes that he/she is one with God. A state of non-duality. This one word 'Nirvikalpa' describes the whole truth, that the God is within you. As he is everywhere and infinite, he is in you as well."

Hi Nirvi, I love your choice for a username and your little bio! You are very much a Druid in my book! Glad to have you here :)

EBT (emotional brain training) is a method to practice to deal with highly stressful situations that we run into every day. In my case, I have usually managed those situations with food, but with EBT skills, I deal with the actual situation rather than numbing myself with inappropriate eating.

As an example, I may be going about my day as usual, feeling good about myself. But then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I see a very fat, middle-aged, unattractive woman. All my self-confidence crashes and a lot of old, very troubling and depressing feelings come flooding into my brain. In that moment, I have accessed a bundle of memories, events in my past that made me feel just that horrible about myself. In the past, I would have decided that I had no business being out in public, would have gotten in the car, driven home, but first would have stopped for fast food, and would have eaten it all on the way home, and then found something at home to top it off with. By then, the depressive memories would have been shoved down again, and I'd be distracting myself with TV or Internet or household chores.

With EBT, everything happens the same when I catch that glimpse of myself in the mirror and the bad feelings come to the surface. In EBT, that's called accessing a 5 circuit, when I am emotionally paralyzed and want to run to food. But I can use the 5-circuit tool, remind myself that it's just a memory that is hardwired to take me to that brain state. I tell myself to not judge myself for what I look like, or for how I feel. With the old hurts come the memories of the people who made me feel like that long ago. I tell myself not to judge them right now either, that I'm just dealing with this circuit. I slowly start to calm down and clue in on other feelings that are coming up, the ones I was trying to block out. I go somewhere that I can deal with this...maybe my car. I get my phone and call one of my EBT buddies, or I just hold the phone to my ear and pretend I'm talking to someone. I express how I feel, out loud...

I am angry that...

I feel sad that...

I am afraid that...

I feel guilty that...

I figure out what my unrealistic expectations are in that moment. Like, it's unrealistic to expect that because I was feeling so good about myself before, my outward appearance would reflect that with the appearance of a woman that looked beautiful and also looked like she had her shit together.

Then I'd figure out what my realistic expectations could be. Perhaps that I can feel really good about myself and still be dressed in comfortable clothing. Or that the reflection I saw really is me being happy!

The process continues on from there. It can take just a few minutes to work through everything, or several hours, depending on how big the stressor is. But the ultimate goal is to experience calm and get to a state of joy, brain state 1. Doing this practice often helps to erase those brain state 5 moments and hardwires the brain to a more consistently joyful state. And that is what I'm enjoying now.

Crappy things still happen, but I now have skills that can help me manage that stuff that are far more effective than checking out with food and TV.

If you go to www.ebt.com, you can watch some videos about it.

EBT (emotional brain training) is a method to practice to deal with highly stressful situations that we run into every day. In my case, I have usually managed those situations with food, but with EBT skills, I deal with the actual situation rather than numbing myself with inappropriate eating.

As an example, I may be going about my day as usual, feeling good about myself. But then I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I see a very fat, middle-aged, unattractive woman. All my self-confidence crashes and a lot of old, very troubling and depressing feelings come flooding into my brain. In that moment, I have accessed a bundle of memories, events in my past that made me feel just that horrible about myself. In the past, I would have decided that I had no business being out in public, would have gotten in the car, driven home, but first would have stopped for fast food, and would have eaten it all on the way home, and then found something at home to top it off with. By then, the depressive memories would have been shoved down again, and I'd be distracting myself with TV or Internet or household chores.

With EBT, everything happens the same when I catch that glimpse of myself in the mirror and the bad feelings come to the surface. In EBT, that's called accessing a 5 circuit, when I am emotionally paralyzed and want to run to food. But I can use the 5-circuit tool, remind myself that it's just a memory that is hardwired to take me to that brain state. I tell myself to not judge myself for what I look like, or for how I feel. With the old hurts come the memories of the people who made me feel like that long ago. I tell myself not to judge them right now either, that I'm just dealing with this circuit. I slowly start to calm down and clue in on other feelings that are coming up, the ones I was trying to block out. I go somewhere that I can deal with this...maybe my car. I get my phone and call one of my EBT buddies, or I just hold the phone to my ear and pretend I'm talking to someone. I express how I feel, out loud...

I am angry that...

I feel sad that...

I am afraid that...

I feel guilty that...

I figure out what my unrealistic expectations are in that moment. Like, it's unrealistic to expect that because I was feeling so good about myself before, my outward appearance would reflect that with the appearance of a woman that looked beautiful and also looked like she had her shit together.

Then I'd figure out what my realistic expectations could be. Perhaps that I can feel really good about myself and still be dressed in comfortable clothing. Or that the reflection I saw really is me being happy!

The process continues on from there. It can take just a few minutes to work through everything, or several hours, depending on how big the stressor is. But the ultimate goal is to experience calm and get to a state of joy, brain state 1. Doing this practice often helps to erase those brain state 5 moments and hardwires the brain to a more consistently joyful state. And that is what I'm enjoying now.

Crappy things still happen, but I now have skills that can help me manage that stuff that are far more effective than checking out with food and TV.

If you go to www.ebt.com, you can watch some videos about it.

Thank you for such a great explanation! I have heard of EBT but wasn't quite aware of what it did. Is it synonymous with EFT...or is that something different entirely?

Is that the tapping technique? I have heard of it, and I believe the desired outcome is the same. EMDR as well, which I have used in the past for some childhood trauma. The EBT definitely requires more work, and I have gotten a much greater benefit from it than EMDR as well as traditional therapy.

I always tell people I'm a psychotherapeutic overachiever... :playful:

• Like 1

I am just about to complete my 1st challenge Feb 16.  Before NF I did a lot of yoga, hiking, rafting, general outdoor sports, and bodybuilding type weight lifting.  I went into NF thinking I wanted to be an assassin spy butt-kicker.  However, through my journey I discovered that I am really a Druid at heart. I mean, I teach MBSR (mindfulness based stress reduction) for work, have had a love affair with yoga for years, and look forward to every outdoor adventure trip I'm taking. Hello. Follow your bliss, right?! I realized that I was trying to fit some mold I beileved would get me 'fitter' and the body I wanted. Pssssh. Now I'm quite observant of my desire to join the Druids  and will take action next challenge.

• Like 3

I am just about to complete my 1st challenge Feb 16. Before NF I did a lot of yoga, hiking, rafting, general outdoor sports, and bodybuilding type weight lifting. I went into NF thinking I wanted to be an assassin spy butt-kicker. However, through my journey I discovered that I am really a Druid at heart. I mean, I teach MBSR (mindfulness based stress reduction) for work, have had a love affair with yoga for years, and look forward to every outdoor adventure trip I'm taking. Hello. Follow your bliss, right?! I realized that I was trying to fit some mold I beileved would get me 'fitter' and the body I wanted. Pssssh. Now I'm quite observant of my desire to join the Druids and will take action next challenge.

heh. I am sure you aren't the only one (I am a hybrid Druid Assassin myself ;) )

Welcome to the Forest <3

Hey Druids! Looking forward to joining your guild for this next challenge! Over the past few months, I've been strengthening my at-home meditation and yoga practices, and realized that I want them at the forefront of my health and wellness lifestyle, not as a sidebar. I'm excited to really delve in with some like-minded rebels. 

• Like 1

Silence is were I find peace. Druid I shall be!

Hi and Welcome :)

Hi there!

I'm Linda, a 24-year old Elf, also known as Elleme, and strongly feel I should live in this beautiful forest, and be part of this inspiring Druid community. As you can see, I brought proof of my bond with nature! *gives the rattie on my shoulder a kiss* Furthermore, I love the idea of going paleo, but my budget doesn't allow it at this time (I really don't have much to spend). For exercise, I do Jillian Michaels' DVDs, and am mainly focused on getting healthier and more flexible. I don't care much for strength or being able to run very long distances. Being healthy, flexible and feeling good about myself: that's my main goal.

I love helping others and I give a lot of love when I feel safe with someone (I'm sort of describing myself as an animal, but I guess you know what I mean), but I can be shy and socially weird. I should also note I'm pretty individualistic.

I hope my story hasn't scared you and that I'm welcome in your forest! I'm still doing my 1st challenge here on NF, so I'm still one of the L1 Rebels, but I'd love to join you for the 2nd challenge.

Hi Elleme :) Anyone who feels drawn here is welcome. I'm glad you found us and I hope we become a safe place to open yourself and grow with us :) We have an amazing group here.

Hey Druids! Looking forward to joining your guild for this next challenge! Over the past few months, I've been strengthening my at-home meditation and yoga practices, and realized that I want them at the forefront of my health and wellness lifestyle, not as a sidebar. I'm excited to really delve in with some like-minded rebels.

Leonine, hi :) That was one of the reasons I joined the Druids as well. Nice to meet you!

Welcome to the Forest, Leonine, Elleme and PastorCurtis.  The Druids are lucky to have you here and I hope you find some measure of peace in your time with us.

Hiya Jitters :) Thanks for the help :D