• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

I knew instantly I was a Druid but then reading the ideas here gave me the confirmation.

Do Yoga x times

Meditate x times

Be able to do a handstand or reach down to your toes

Do a workout x times

Follow this diet and lose xy pounds

Declutter your life

Stop procrastinating

Get XY done

Master XY

Do TaiChi, Qigong, Pilates

Yes. I need to put values to some of those but they fit me perfectly. I have found my primary class.

I felt exactly the same way :) Welcome home :)

• Like 1

Beaucastle, thanks so much for the excitement! Sunmage, I have joined the Level 1 club  :surprise:  and I am on my way to becoming a druid! BTW does anyone on here do Tai Chi? 

I think a number of people do Tai Chi - check out the forum for Yoga, Meditation and Tai Chi .... which reminds me ..... I packed 4 boxes and it is time to meditate!!

Hello Druids.

I'm hoping to join you soon, but working my way through the beginner club (1st challenge) now. I'm pretty sure this place is the best fit for me after I grow out of being a newbie, considering my current goals are:

1: eat vegetarian at least 5 meals a week

2: stretch daily (for my hurt knee, hopefully leading me back into some yoga practice)

3: meditate daily (long time meditator that fell out of the habit during a recent depressive spell - my mind wasn't the best place to chill alone)

So, save room for one more!

• Like 1

Hello Druids.

I'm hoping to join you soon, but working my way through the beginner club (1st challenge) now. I'm pretty sure this place is the best fit for me after I grow out of being a newbie, considering my current goals are:

1: eat vegetarian at least 5 meals a week

2: stretch daily (for my hurt knee, hopefully leading me back into some yoga practice)

3: meditate daily (long time meditator that fell out of the habit during a recent depressive spell - my mind wasn't the best place to chill alone)

So, save room for one more!

The more the merrier, can't wait to have you :) 

• Like 1

Hi! I'm new. It took me awhile to admit to myself that I'm a druid and nothing else. I've never really been good at committing to workout routines. I'm hoping to change that. I think this combination of physical and spiritual/emotional workouts will be good for me. I just want to have a balance in my life. I think this time it's going to work!

• Like 1

Hi! I'm new. It took me awhile to admit to myself that I'm a druid and nothing else. I've never really been good at committing to workout routines. I'm hoping to change that. I think this combination of physical and spiritual/emotional workouts will be good for me. I just want to have a balance in my life. I think this time it's going to work!

Glad you are here :) Feel free to ask any questions or spout ideas or just make jokes...we are here for you :)

Glad you are here :) Feel free to ask any questions or spout ideas or just make jokes...we are here for you :)

Thank you. I do actually have a question. What would be a good example of a druid workout? Yoga one day and strength training another? I just need some ideas...

Thank you. I do actually have a question. What would be a good example of a druid workout? Yoga one day and strength training another? I just need some ideas...

The best Druid Workout is the one you will actually do and love. Yoga and Walking my dog are doing that for me at the moment, but I also love Gymnastics and Bodyweight stuff too, and even lifting heavy weights is a love of mine...so I change it up all the time.

So if you could do ANYTHING (ignore weight/body/health limitations for a minute) what would you WANT to do, in a physical movement realm?

So totally a Druid. No questions. None at all. Former yoga teacher. Member of a meditation sangha, weekly hiker, MFTI working toward my hours as a therapist, largely vegetarian, reluctant carnivore. Yes, please!

But, I think I have to wait cause I'm new. :(

• Like 1

They do recommend starting your challenges with the level 1 rebels, but that doesn't mean we don't want to hear from you.  Look around, stalk some threads, make some friends.  All in a day's work here at NF.  Welcome to the best community you'll ever read about.

• Like 4

After looking it over i think that want to start working on my flexibility and maybe start meditating to help my overall health. This place looks like the best to help me!

• Like 1

I am not really sure how to do this.....but I feel quite strongly that this is the Guild for me. A few of my micro goals (not yet written down) are things such as Yoga, rearranging my life, stress management, and finding myself again. I just posted in the 6 week challenge this evening. I am overweight, and extremely lost. I am restarting my life again, and trying to find a way to move forward in my journey, instead of waiting at the starting line for the leaders to cross the finish. I'm 27, starting a commission based job in sales, and I'm intensely creative when I allow myself to open up. And as I said before....I'm lost. I've been lost inside myself now for quite some time, and I want out. I weight a horrible 280lbs. I had managed at one point to lose from about 290 to 235, this was a huge acheivement for me. But I let it slip away. Now, I deeply feel like I can't afford for that to happen anymore. I am looking for a light to follow. Help me?

Druids are a great place for a journey towards yourself!

Welcome around.

There are thousand lights to follow. You have to choose the right one for you.

What you do need is this:

• A diet/Food lifestyle
  • A plan to get back in shape
  • A plan to deal with yourself

There are very very many diets out in the world. For the beginning take a look at Paleo or Whole30. 

We don't know how your relation to your body is right now, but what could you do to get in a better state?

Loosing weight is obvious. What sports/activity can you imagine to begin with?

How can you allow yourself to open up better?

What can you do for your minds shape? How do yoga, meditation and Tai Chi sound to you?

What do you want to achieve for the rest of this challenge? The next challenge? End of this year? End of next year?

Just some questions to get you going ;)

• Like 2

I am not really sure how to do this.....but I feel quite strongly that this is the Guild for me. A few of my micro goals (not yet written down) are things such as Yoga, rearranging my life, stress management, and finding myself again. I just posted in the 6 week challenge this evening. I am overweight, and extremely lost. I am restarting my life again, and trying to find a way to move forward in my journey, instead of waiting at the starting line for the leaders to cross the finish. I'm 27, starting a commission based job in sales, and I'm intensely creative when I allow myself to open up. And as I said before....I'm lost. I've been lost inside myself now for quite some time, and I want out. I weight a horrible 280lbs. I had managed at one point to lose from about 290 to 235, this was a huge acheivement for me. But I let it slip away. Now, I deeply feel like I can't afford for that to happen anymore. I am looking for a light to follow. Help me?

hugs!

I really understand that feeling of being lost and overwhelmed, I think it's pretty much my normal :(

Sunmage, being the amazing guy that he is, gave you some great advice. I would add to that, babysteps. Figure out ONE goal in each area (food, fitness, mind, life) and make it small...like for food, overall you want to lose weight, but is there a particular problem area there? (too much sugar, too little water...etc.?) Those "microgoals" are actually pretty big, no wonder you are overwhelmed...seriously start tiny!

My first goals here were

eat breakfast

sleep more than 4 hours a night

drink one less soda a day for six weeks

stuff that I knew I could manage but would give me a sense of accomplishment along the way, rather than aiming too big and fal

ing short.

You CAN do it! We are here to help :triumphant:

• Like 2

All good things to you. Nowhere to go but up and ready to make a lasting change is a good place to be. Hugs and good thoughts all around.

I agree that setting small concrete goals is absolutely the best way to begin and a great way to stay focused and motivated along the way.

I'm using an app called Rise to help me with my food. It pairs you with an RD who helps you track what you eat and make tweaks that help you reach your goals. I did the three month subscription which comes out to $10 a week. Way cheaper than paying a dietician to work with you in person and I'm really liking it so far. The woman I'm working with has a graduate degree from Johns Hopkins and is really smart and encouraging. Plus, I'm more accountable to an actual person than I ever have been with myfitnesspal. That may be something you would want to check out. 

https://www.rise.us/

Otherwise, I would say, remember your health is a marathon, not a sprint. Lasting effects are usually things that come from slowly changing your habits. (That's something I have to tell myself all along!!)

Ooh I would also say, hide your scale!! Constantly weighing myself makes me crazy and sends me into tailspins and the "fuck-its" when the scale doesn't say what I want it to say. 

Everyone is totally cheering you on. We're all in this together.  :peaceful:

• Like 1

Thanks! You guys are all amazing!! ♥ I'm really looking forward to making it happen, and to top it off, last night (when I started laying some concrete plans) was a new moon! Best time to start something new! Thank you! I am going to take into serious consideration everything you've all offered me, and develop on it!

• Like 2

I have been doing meditation for a while now, and I also like yoga, so count me in as the newest member of the Druid guild!

Current Goal

Maintain a 5 day a week Power Yoga Routine,

Meditate daily (Already do)

Diet (Already a vegetarian but not a healthy one)

first goal is to do this for 3 weeks

• Like 1

Y0k0o! Nice to have you :) We have a current challenge reporting thread for each challenge, in a different location...this time we are in the woods

Is this your first challenge with Nerd Fitness? If so, you need to complete a challenge with the Level 1 Rebels before coming over to the Druids (you can hang out with us in the woods, but have to have an official challenge thread over there for one challenge first) then after that, each challenge forum (new ones are posted for each challenge period) has it's own Druid sub-forum (also new for each challenge period) where we post individual challenge threads: Druid Challenge Forum is the one for this time around. 

Stop by and let everyone know you are interested and I will keep an eye on you for this challenge :) 

I am here to make it official that I am a Druid.  I don't do yoga or meditate in the most common ways but I started ballroom 7 months ago and find that movement to be strengthening as well as relaxing as I would assume many of you find to be the result of yoga and meditation. I just joined a local gym this week that is helping me to reach my goals but I thought these groups would do a good job keeping me accountable. I got all of the WONDERFUL emails and am starting the steps I skipped today to optimize my weight loss goal for 2014.

I would like to become a Druid.  After reviewing the other classes i believe this one to be the best fit for me.

I am here to make it official that I am a Druid.  I don't do yoga or meditate in the most common ways but I started ballroom 7 months ago and find that movement to be strengthening as well as relaxing as I would assume many of you find to be the result of yoga and meditation. I just joined a local gym this week that is helping me to reach my goals but I thought these groups would do a good job keeping me accountable. I got all of the WONDERFUL emails and am starting the steps I skipped today to optimize my weight loss goal for 2014.

Welome to both of you :) If this is your very first challenge here in the Rebellion, you must complete a challenge in the Level 1 Rebels guild, after that you are more than welcome to come back and be a part of the Druids guild for the rest of your life :) I can't wait to get to know you both better :) 

New Druidy-type here. I just started my Level 1 challenge. Here's my thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/54779-marlowe221-druid-in-training-level-1-rebel/

I am just getting started with Yoga, although I have taken a few classes here and there in the past. I am interested in building up core strength, balance, and flexibility and Yoga seems like the best way to do that for me.

Edit: I should also say that I am very interested in achieving balance in my life in all things. It doesn't come easily for me. I am also in a profession that is very stressful and learning some relaxation and meditation techniques are things that I think would be very helpful for me.

I don't think I will be going full on vegetarian but eating one meal without meat is part of my Level 1 challenge and I am really enjoying it so far.

• Like 1