• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

Welcome both of you!

Forcing people not to eat meat will not bring them into balance, will it?

Eating meat is perfectly fine. If you know that you are eating something real and not the super hot $0.99 deal ;)

• Like 1

Welcome both of you!

Forcing people not to eat meat will not bring them into balance, will it?

Eating meat is perfectly fine. If you know that you are eating something real and not the super hot $0.99 deal ;)

Hehe, that's true. Actually for me, the whole one vegetarian meal per day thing is just a sneaky way to get myself to eat more vegetables overall.

• Like 1

Challenge Complete!!!

Overall, I went from 207.5 lbs to 199.3 lbs in my 4.5 week challenge. I am now wearing size 34 jeans which was another goal of my challenge.

Meanwhile, I am really excited about continuing Yoga. I have also begun reading about Taoism lately.

• Like 1

Challenge Complete!!!

Overall, I went from 207.5 lbs to 199.3 lbs in my 4.5 week challenge. I am now wearing size 34 jeans which was another goal of my challenge.

Meanwhile, I am really excited about continuing Yoga. I have also begun reading about Taoism lately.

Fantastic :) I like Taoism and Yoga and that is some incredible loss in only 5 weeks!

• Like 1

Hey all! I generally skulk around with the Assassin's Guild, but I'm thinking about joining you guys for the upcoming challenge. My life has gotten uber stressful lately, and I could definitely use the balance and inner calm that comes with being a druid in the upcoming weeks with my finals just lurking around the corner! Is there room for an outsider to join you?

• Like 1

Fantastic :) I like Taoism and Yoga and that is some incredible loss in only 5 weeks!

Thanks! Since my challenge ended I have pretty much been keeping up the same activities - a vegetarian meal per day, yoga 3 times per week, and lots of long walks (I measured and my preferred walking path is 2.75 miles. I have a 4.76 mile path I like too but it's a daylight only kind of thing.)

I have also added in some basic body weight exercises. Nothing fancy, just some push ups, dips, and body weight squats. I am also doing some dumb bell rows for some pulling strength training. When I do that routine, I usually follow it with 5 Sun Salutations.

I have another weigh in on Saturday morning. I am hoping for 195 lbs!

Meanwhile, I have been reading this version of the Tao Te Ching: http://www.amazon.com/Tao-Te-Ching-New-Translation-ebook/dp/B00CS5KMFS/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1416503469&sr=8-30&keywords=tao+te+ching

It's got a lot of good commentary, history, and explanation that I have found very helpful in understanding the text itself. I highly recommend it to my fellow Druids who may be interested in Taoism.

• Like 1

Really great intro post, the leader really knows his stuff. Sounds like a great place once I finish my first challenge and try some things out.

And for those looking to meditate daily, may I suggest Headspace.com? It's a really well designed daily meditation app thats free to start and takes out all the work therefore all the resistance from starting a daily meditation program. Just download, do intro, and then press buttons to do things every day. Easy haha

• Like 1

Can I be one with two groups? I want the best of both worlds, of Assassins and Druids.

Yes, kinda. You can be a hybrid race, but you can't be in more than one guild per challenge period, so like you can be a Druid Assassin, but for your challenge thread, you have to eother put it in the Druids or the Assassins, but you can alternate whenever you want for the next challenge period. I was with the Assassins for my first year or so here, now I am with the Druids...I personally think changing around too often is bad bc you dont build a close knit bomd with your guild mates...so at first maybe switch to see where you feel at home then stay there? You can be in the Druid Guild but have Assassin-y goals and vice versa...so just see where you feel at home, both guilds are awesome, in very different ways.

• Like 2

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to the NF community, and I think I finally found my proper guild. The Druids seem to be a good fit for me. I am much more inclined to focus inward that outward in most situations, and I have been working on getting the processed "food" out of my life. I've also found recently that I l really enjoy yoga! 

• Like 2

Hello Druids! I am thinking I want to be a part of your guild. :) I was planning on staying in Adventurer's because I have an interest in all the guilds and wasn't sure where to being, but I am in need of calming my everyday because I tend to be a very high-strung individual. I always seem to "never have the time," no order or balance to anything, just chaos. I do not thrive in chaos, it tends to make me think my life is out of control. And with that, I tend to make unhealthy and damaging decisions and also tend to put others around me on edge. I want to be able to find calm in my everyday and strengthen my mind and resolve without regularly thinking I am losing my whole damn mind. 

Mentally, I have a lot to work on. And I personally believe that I need to work on that before I focus strictly on physical goals:

First, I have an eating addiction. Stress is my biggest trigger, followed by boredom. My main quest is to defeat this eating disorder which I affectionately refer to as the "Archdemon." There isn't a moment in my day that doesn't contain stress and I am always feeding in to this Archdemon (no pun intended lol). In the current current challenge I have successfully broken two major stress escapes: sodas and the snacks in the vending machines. (HUZZAH! FREEDOM!) I used to run to them when things got rough. Now I take a 15 minute walk break everyday to help reduce my stress before it gets out of hand. I have found it very refreshing. :)

Secondly, I have been diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder and I tend to back away from a lot of things that involve interacting with other people. I end up shying away on my own. I know it gets me nowhere so it's a comfort zone I want to break away from. I am dire need of support and accountability friends (I hope that wasn't too direct.  :nightmare: ) but I suck at all that, lol. I am simply hoping to gain a few new friends in the next challenge. I love being a part of NF because this community speaks my language and it's the first group to help me set goals and reach them. :rolleyes-new:  

• Like 1

Hello Druids! I am thinking I want to be a part of your guild. :) I was planning on staying in Adventurer's because I have an interest in all the guilds and wasn't sure where to being, but I am in need of calming my everyday because I tend to be a very high-strung individual. I always seem to "never have the time," no order or balance to anything, just chaos. I do not thrive in chaos, it tends to make me think my life is out of control. And with that, I tend to make unhealthy and damaging decisions and also tend to put others around me on edge. I want to be able to find calm in my everyday and strengthen my mind and resolve without regularly thinking I am losing my whole damn mind. 

Mentally, I have a lot to work on. And I personally believe that I need to work on that before I focus strictly on physical goals:

First, I have an eating addiction. Stress is my biggest trigger, followed by boredom. My main quest is to defeat this eating disorder which I affectionately refer to as the "Archdemon." There isn't a moment in my day that doesn't contain stress and I am always feeding in to this Archdemon (no pun intended lol). In the current current challenge I have successfully broken two major stress escapes: sodas and the snacks in the vending machines. (HUZZAH! FREEDOM!) I used to run to them when things got rough. Now I take a 15 minute walk break everyday to help reduce my stress before it gets out of hand. I have found it very refreshing. :)

Secondly, I have been diagnosed with a social anxiety disorder and I tend to back away from a lot of things that involve interacting with other people. I end up shying away on my own. I know it gets me nowhere so it's a comfort zone I want to break away from. I am dire need of support and accountability friends (I hope that wasn't too direct.  :nightmare: ) but I suck at all that, lol. I am simply hoping to gain a few new friends in the next challenge. I love being a part of NF because this community speaks my language and it's the first group to help me set goals and reach them. :rolleyes-new:  

Hello and welcome!  

The Druids would love to have you and will welcome you with open arms!  I, for one, would love to become your friend and help you along the way!  

Congrats with your progress.  I can't wait to see your next success!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome!  

The Druids would love to have you and will welcome you with open arms!  I, for one, would love to become your friend and help you along the way!  

Congrats with your progress.  I can't wait to see your next success!

Thank you Little Turtle :) I am very excited to start the next challenge and to be in a guild! 

(bows to Druids) May I join you in the forest for the next challenge, please?

I want to harmonize the way I exercise with what my body needs, because I've been overdoing things and am really starting to feel it.  My usual modus operendi is to rush headlong at an activity in the hopes of catching it off-guard, but that can only get me so far -- Usually into deep, achy trouble (I have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia plus a bit of arthritis, which complicates things even more).

I'm thinking of signing up for a Pilates intro course that's starting next week, and if there's a meditation accountability group that has room for a fidgety Valkyrie, I could use their guidance, too.

• Like 3

I knew right away this was the group for me - deep thinker here with an incredibly flexible body and mind.

My year fitness goals are pretty simple - lose 52lbs or at least 1lb per week.  I could probably lose more, but I am a cancer survivor, 16 years in remission, which is virtually unheard of with kidney cancer. In the past 16 years I've gained a lot of weight due what I have recently discovered is a subconscious link in my brain that losing weight = dying.  A good friend went on a diet recently and lost 50 lbs and all the while, I was panicking for her. When I asked myself why, I figured out why every time I lose 50lbs, "something happens" and I go off the diet and exercise program I was being successful at.  That's my second fitness goal for the year: to reassure myself and reprogram my subconscious that losing weight = becoming healthy, not a sign of illness.

The plan for losing the 52lbs is as follows:

1) sign up for challenges here

2) follow the nerdfitness video workouts 3x a week on alternating days

3) follow classical stretch workouts on days between nerdfitness video workouts

4) learn a recipe from my Thug Kitchen cookbook every week

5) continue to lose weight at 1lb per week, even if I reach a 52lbs weightloss before the year ends, which I expect I will. 

The point is to not stop until I'm satisfied that I've reprogrammed my subconscious.  I deliberately chose a weight goal that I should reach by sometime this summer, if not sooner, and then reinforce that weightloss = health by not allowing myself to stop the program, so I might actually end up losing closer to 75lbs this year.

Edited by justtrish
  • Like 1

(bows to Druids) May I join you in the forest for the next challenge, please?

I want to harmonize the way I exercise with what my body needs, because I've been overdoing things and am really starting to feel it.  My usual modus operendi is to rush headlong at an activity in the hopes of catching it off-guard, but that can only get me so far -- Usually into deep, achy trouble (I have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia plus a bit of arthritis, which complicates things even more).

I'm thinking of signing up for a Pilates intro course that's starting next week, and if there's a meditation accountability group that has room for a fidgety Valkyrie, I could use their guidance, too.

No requests to join necessary :) Hi and welcome to the Druids. Since you are level 3, I am assuming you have gone through the L1 Rebels challenge requirements? If not, that has to happen prior to choosing a guild. I totally understand going gonads to the wall (someone said that recently and it made me laugh) with exercise and getting burnt out or injured in some way, so kudos to you for realizing that and taking a different path :D I'm glad you are here! 

I knew right away this was the group for me - deep thinker here with an incredibly flexible body and mind.

My year fitness goals are pretty simple - lose 52lbs or at least 1lb per week.  I could probably lose more, but I am a cancer survivor, 16 years in remission, which is virtually unheard of with kidney cancer. In the past 16 years I've gained a lot of weight due what I have recently discovered is a subconscious link in my brain that losing weight = dying.  A good friend went on a diet recently and lost 50 lbs and all the while, I was panicking for her. When I asked myself why, I figured out why every time I lose 50lbs, "something happens" and I go off the diet and exercise program I was being successful at.  That's my second fitness goal for the year: to reassure myself and reprogram my subconscious that losing weight = becoming healthy, not a sign of illness.

The plan for losing the 52lbs is as follows:

1) sign up for challenges here

2) follow the nerdfitness video workouts 3x a week on alternating days

3) follow classical stretch workouts on days between nerdfitness video workouts

4) learn a recipe from my Thug Kitchen cookbook every week

5) continue to lose weight at 1lb per week, even if I reach a 52lbs weightloss before the year ends, which I expect I will. 

The point is to not stop until I'm satisfied that I've reprogrammed my subconscious.  I deliberately chose a weight goal that I should reach by sometime this summer, if not sooner, and then reinforce that weightloss = health by not allowing myself to stop the program, so I might actually end up losing closer to 75lbs this year.

Hi and welcome! Have you done a challenge with the Level 1 Rebels yet? First time challenge participants have to start in there, to learn how to set goals etc. (it's mandatory, but your goals look good actually so you may not need to tweak them much and should be back here soon!) After that you can choose a guild, and we would LOVE to have you back here in the Druid camp! 

I think your self awareness around your eating is amazing, and such a difficult thing to accept and change, I am looking forward to watching it happen for you. I am doing year-long goals also, rather than goals for each challenge (although in the L1s they will more than likely ask you to make smaller more quickly attainable goals in order to reach milestones in each challenge period rather than focus on the year-long goal only, but having been here forever, I buck tradition! LOL!) 

Happy New Year!!! 

Thanks for the kind words and welcome, Bekah! I am new and therefore clueless, so I will join the Rebels and hope to join the Druids immediately after that!

Happy New Year to you also!

• Like 1

No requests to join necessary :) Hi and welcome to the Druids. Since you are level 3, I am assuming you have gone through the L1 Rebels challenge requirements? If not, that has to happen prior to choosing a guild. I totally understand going gonads to the wall (someone said that recently and it made me laugh) with exercise and getting burnt out or injured in some way, so kudos to you for realizing that and taking a different path :D I'm glad you are here! 

Hi, Bekah!  This'll be my third NF challenge.  I did a generic "try a whole bunch of different aerobics things and drop some weight" challenge for L1 Rebels, and then hung out with the Warriors for 9 weeks.  My gonads are definitely looking forward to a kinder, gentler way of working out.   :peaceful:

• Like 1