• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sunmage

Druids hidden recruitment forest

Hello druids. I've been absent from NF for a few challenges (at least two). I previously completed challenges as adventurer, monk, and scout. I've come to really enjoy yoga (both the practice, and what it does for my body). I also would like to make meditation/mindfulness a regular thing for me. I think I need to focus on conditioning the mind more so than the body right now. Druid path seems the way to go.

• Like 1

Hello druids. I've been absent from NF for a few challenges (at least two). I previously completed challenges as adventurer, monk, and scout. I've come to really enjoy yoga (both the practice, and what it does for my body). I also would like to make meditation/mindfulness a regular thing for me. I think I need to focus on conditioning the mind more so than the body right now. Druid path seems the way to go.

Welcome :) The Challenge Forums are up now and you can make a thread if you haven't done so yet (I haven't looked at them all) 

When I signed up for NF, I so wanted to be an Assassin.  Alas, a certain condition inhibits me from running and doing high end cardio.

On the other hand, being a Druid sounds like the right path for me.

So on that note, I'm in.  \m/

• Like 1

I recently found this forum and am pleased to identify myself as a Druid. I love running, hiking and weight training. That said I am also a yoga instructor and most of my weight training is to get stronger for the more difficult yoga poses. I am happy to see so many encouraging posts on the forum. Good luck everyone and I look forward to trying a challenge.

• Like 1

Awesome!

Since you already found the way to our challenge area:

Welcome to the druids! We will be glad to have you.

Do you already participate in this challenge or will you spend the next one in the L1 club?

I'm not really sure... I have been doing many of the things in the mini challenge before I found this forum. Does that count or should I wait? Also does L1 mean level one? How do I formally accept a challenge or is there a place that can tell me? I am still exploring the forum and reading content. Thank you for the help. Cheers!

I'm not really sure... I have been doing many of the things in the mini challenge before I found this forum. Does that count or should I wait? Also does L1 mean level one? How do I formally accept a challenge or is there a place that can tell me? I am still exploring the forum and reading content. Thank you for the help. Cheers!

Heyyyyyy :) It's clearly time for me to do my job.

I'm Bekah the slacker Druid Ambassador :) and to answer your questions...

1. Every new Rebel must start here (in the Recruit/Level 1 forum) for their first official challenge. You can start mid challenge or just explore more until the next challenge starts (20 April).

2. For general how-to challenge info...start here (Challenge FAQ) and then after you complete one challenge with the L1's you can choose to move to the Druids for the next challenge and then either stay with us or guild hop each challenge to try them all out. I personally don't like guild hopping bc I connect with my "family" and like it there, but lots of people choose to.

3. If you have ANY questions, don't hesitate to PM me or ask ANYONE whose tag under their Avatar says "Ambassador" or "Guild Leader" and if they cant answer your questions, they will summon the NF magic and get it answered :)

4. I'm glad you are here :)

mlfw2637-121208_-_animated_applejack_cid

Thanks for the help! I have been perusing all of the posts and looking into the challenges. There is a lot of content to sift through, but it has been good to try and make my goals a little more concrete. I am not sure if I will jump in half way through or just wait. Spring is quickly approaching and I will need encouragement to keep up good habits as my days get longer and longer. Good news, I work outside and with plants; bad news, plants require lots of maintanance. Which means excersizing gets put on the back burner. That being said, most of my challenges will be about maintanance for myself. Thanks again!

Hi, Druids!

I'm a relatively new rebel - joined halfway through this 6WC - and a slightly-less-new yogi. As action-packed as the other guilds sound, the Druids' blend of physical and mental harmony seems like the place I want to be. ^_^

I love my weekly yoga class! It makes me feel mighty in all corners of my muscles and mind! I'd like to take my home practice more seriously, as I can't afford to take more than one class per week at the studio. I've also been thinking about taking up journaling again, and haven't found the motivation to do it. 

• Like 1

New druid here! I'm not new to yoga and pilaties or meditation however. I am a new mama, working on getting healthy again. Doing piyo is one of my favorite workouts and I always feel great after it. I suffer from anxiety so meditation helps with that. I've gotten really into holistic healing as of late too! Excited to start the new challenge on Monday! :)

• Like 4

New to NF but I love what I'm seeing so far. I was looking through all the guilds and I believe Druid would be the best fit. The sad part is that it's probably going to be the hardest to succeed in. I was born without flexibility or the ability to meditate (my mind wanders SOOOOOO much). But I do love myself a challenge, and I'm ready to give it a try!

• Like 1

I would like to join your guild, please.  I have recently noted very definite signs from the Universe that I am on the right path, and I think this is where I'd find the allies I need.  I used to be strictly into weight training, but over the course of this last challenge I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and told to lay off the MetCon.  In years past whenever I needed to regroup, I've always gone to my yoga mat.  I used to be a Hatha girl, but recently I discovered Kundalini, and yeah,  THAT is for me.  I'm in Alaska and do outdoor practice as much as possible.  Looking at mountains while you're in Mountain?  Paradise on earth.  Sat nam.

• Like 2

I would like to join your guild, please.  I have recently noted very definite signs from the Universe that I am on the right path, and I think this is where I'd find the allies I need.  I used to be strictly into weight training, but over the course of this last challenge I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid and told to lay off the MetCon.  In years past whenever I needed to regroup, I've always gone to my yoga mat.  I used to be a Hatha girl, but recently I discovered Kundalini, and yeah,  THAT is for me.  I'm in Alaska and do outdoor practice as much as possible.  Looking at mountains while you're in Mountain?  Paradise on earth.  Sat nam.

Welcome home :) 

If there ever was a lost wanderer in need of inner peace, it's me. I love that the guild description isn't limited to 'yoga/pilatese/[insert fitness option]. My life needs a complete overhaul, and I think this guild offers the physical-mental balance for it. 

Looking forward to getting to know all of you in the upcoming weeks and challenges.

I knew I was a druid before I got here! I love yoga, nature, thinking. I strive for balance in life. There is a lot that I have left to learn, and that is exciting. So, while I am still a recruit, I'd certainly think of myself as one with aspirations towards druidness!

Greetings,

This looks like the place for me to be. I have a fairly high stress work life so I try to focus on my metal well being and refocus my view of stress as positive. Stress is about over coming obstacles and part of the path to success. I love the outdoors and hiking. I consider myself to be an intermediate yoga practitioner but I would like to transition from Hatha yoga to Power for the cardio and strength befits. 

I think it is a bit late for me to hop on the current changeling but I hope to join you for the next.

Goals for next challenge:

Hike all 7 Glen/Ravine Parks in the Finger Lakes Region of NY State (these range from easy to difficult)

Complete Crane pose without falling on my face consistently (shooting for 10)

Eliminate Fast Food from my diet

Reduce body fat increase muscle (not sure on the details yet)

Run a mile

Hey there!

Having been on here a lo-ong time ago I'm familiar with the guilds. I'm a very spiritual person and am enthusiastic about "optimizing my life" - organizing, trying to declutter, and doing things that are relaxing and good for both yourself physically and mentally, or emotionally. I've done a lot of flexibility exercises, including yoga. I'd like to expand that to pilates and more experienced / committed yoga soon, as well as walking and swimming. As much as my goals orient around these exercises, I feel that I'd like them to orient just as much around wellbeing and inner health - meditation is something I've been practicing for years and I'd like to revisit it in a new way, and try to concentrate on it more deeply. 

Can't wait to get to know all of you!

:)

• Like 2

Hello,

I'm brand new here, and am feeling like the Druid path would fit well. (I'm interested in influencing emotional wellbeing through nutrition and healthy movement.) But, I'm not sure what my first step should be. Do I need to complete a 6-week challenge first? And how does the level system work? Any advice on where to start, or a link to a "This is the first thing you should do here" post, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: I found the answer to one of my questions! I now understand the levels/points system. :)

• Like 1

Welcome all of you!

Sorry it took us so long to answer, but we were in vacation or sunk in meditation =)

Just post a challenge thread in the druid area and you are in!

Have a great time and feel free to aks anything!

Hello,

I'm brand new here, and am feeling like the Druid path would fit well. (I'm interested in influencing emotional wellbeing through nutrition and healthy movement.) But, I'm not sure what my first step should be. Do I need to complete a 6-week challenge first? And how does the level system work? Any advice on where to start, or a link to a "This is the first thing you should do here" post, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edit: I found the answer to one of my questions! I now understand the levels/points system. :)

Here are the Challenge instructions!

You can either join the recruits area to spend your frist challenge with other first timers. It is a great chance to experience some diversity and great support.

Or you can directly join us druids!

Your first step doesn't matter that much.

Mind, Body and soul are linked. So changing your body will influence the way you think and feel.

(I'm interested in influencing emotional wellbeing through nutrition and healthy movement.)

This is a great way. Since you can have several goals it would be perfect to have one goal for each of these.

You will notice that yoga influences emotional wellbeing and your body and movement abilites.

A new diet should make you feel less tired and more energetic, too.

If you have any questions about challenges in General there is a general questions thread.

And of course The Druid Grove

Just drop by, say Hi and we will help you figure out your challenge =)