Assassins, report! How did you do?

Nuala

Those 6 weeks passed  in the blink of the eyes, I hope you had a lot of fun and that you succeed in your goals. Now is the time to write your wrap-up!

How does it work in detail, for each goal you had, grade yourself using a A-F scale. It can be roughly translated like this:

Grading your goals

A = 100% = Achieved everything I wanted for this goal

B = 75% = I almost achieved anything for this goal, but could have done better

C = 50% = Just above average.

D = 25% = Not a total failure, but barely

F = 0% = Couldn't achieve anything for this goal

For example, if you had a goal of making 10 push-ups in a row your grade may be:

A = 10 push-ups or more

B = 8 push-ups

C = 5 push-ups

D = 3 push-ups

F= 0 push-ups

And I know you'll ask me "and what if I did 4 push-ups?" Don't lie, I know you would! Well, you can either pick the grade you feel you deserve. Or, you can add a + or a - on your grade. You did 5 but only barely? And your form was not that good maybe? Then Grade yourself a D+. On the opposite, if it was a perfect push-up form, you can grade yourself C-.

Grading your challenge

When you have graded all your separate goals, you have to give yourself a global grade for the challenge. It can be an average of your goals grades or just your overall feeling about this challenge. 

Giving yourself some attribute points

If you are using the RPG part of the challenges, you can reward yourself with some attribute points. Partial points are allowed. Here is a handy chart to help you awarding yourself points:

https://lh3.googleus...c-7lzrb-npL3gHA

If you don't know how to give some attribute points, I'll send you to this page:

http://nerdfitnessre...ints-and-th-r14

Remember that you can only award you 15 points maximum per challenge and only 5 points maximum per goals

Mini-challenge

Please add in your wrap-up if you participated in the mini-challenge and if you earned any stat points  :)

As a reminder:

#1: A difficult choice +1 STR

#2: Where is my pac? Maaan.... +1 STR

#3: Round 3: fight! +1 CON

#4: What are we? Some cleaning wizards? see thread

#5: Your guild leaders are in another castle! +1 DEX

So, assassin, how did you do?

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

I've completely failed my challenge. 

link in here

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Overall Grade - B

Goals:

1) Handstand Push-up Progression 

Progression work towards doing this here, also frog stand work.  Goal after 6 weeks is to be able to balance for 5 seconds in the head stand position, and push off and fall towards a wall.  

+2 Dex, +2 Str

Grade - A  (+2 Dex, +2 Str)

I can now to a handstand pushup against the well a well as hold the frog and stand for over 20 seconds.  Next challenge I will work more on balancing the HSPU

2) L-Sit/L Seat Progression

Progression into a full ring L Sit, right now I can get my knees up and my lower leg at a bout a 45 degree angle.  Work on this, goal is to get to a full L Sit for at least 2 seconds(steady).

+2 Con, +2 Str

Grade - A(+2 Con, +2 Str)

I am now able to do Hold the L-Sit for over 2 seconds but not much longer, Still need tons of work here but getting better.

3) 50 Rep Sets of Push-ups

Work toward doing 50 push-ups in a row, and hopefully at least 2 sets of them.  Right now I can do 3 sets of 20 but it's pushing it.

+4 Sta

Grade - C (+1 Sta)

My max is only 30, next challenge I think more push-ups are in order.

4)Finances

Save at least 25$ per week, that would have normally been spent.

+3 WIs

Grade - C (+1 Wis)

Managed to save $25 4 weeks but not the other 2.

Mini- Challenges

#1: A difficult choice +1 STR

#2: Where is my pac? Maaan.... +1 STR

#4: What are we? Some cleaning wizards? +1 STR

#5: Your guild leaders are in another castle! +1 DEX

Old Stats:

STR: 9.5 | DEX: 7 | STA: 5 | CON: 10.5 | WIS: 5.8 | CHA: 3.5

+ Challenge

Str +4 | Dex +2 | Sta +1 | Con: +2 | Wis +1 | Cha +0

+ Mini

Str +3 | Dex +1 | Sta +0 | Con: +0 | Wis +0 | Cha +0

----------------------------------------------------------------------

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 12.5 | WIS: 6.8 | CHA: 3.5

Challenge Start                                                                                                               Challenge End

9308f705-6dff-4fd4-9aaf-eede92cdcc5a_zps  8583d119-fe43-447a-b165-26410877fb11_zps

Measurements:

Bicep - 31.7cm   -       33.2 cm

Neck - 38.5 cm   -       38 cm

Waist - 96 cm     -       94.3 cm

Thigh - 56.6 cm  -       57 cm

Butt - 98 cm       -        97 cm

Forearm - 28.1 cm -    27.5 cm

Weight(Fasting) - 199.6 - 198.6

BF%(accu-measure(14) ) - 17.5% - (13)15.7%

Level 3 Half-Ogre-Mage Assassin

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 10 | STA: 6 | CON: 12.5 | WIS: 6.8 | CHA: 3.5

Challenges: Current |  #3 | #2 | #1

Overall grade : A

Goals:

1) Achieve 8 pull-ups -> completed 10 (Str +3)

2) Achieve 30 push-ups -> completed 40 (Str+3)

3) Hold 60 sec plank -> held 1min30 (Sta +2)

4) Meditate every second day -> achieved! (see PVP challenge Meditation for life) (Wis+2) (Con +2)

Completed Mini-challenges: (forgive me Nuala if I didn't update on my mini challenges I just always missed the dead-line XD

#1: completed (+1 Str)

#2: completed (+1 Str)

#3: completed (+1 Con)

#4: completed (+1 Str)

#5+6: completed (+1 Dex)

first challenge completed! Level up +1!

Now, Level 2 Bleu gardien Assassin!

New stats!

Str: 12      Con: 5

Dex: 2      Wis: 6

Sta: 4       Char: 3

Loved this first challenge and can't wait for the next one :D check out my first challenge thread for the end of the chapter ^^

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Well, for a first challenge, I was actually impressed with myself. I stuck to it for the most part and when I fell off the boat, I got right back on.

1. Recipe, I gave myself a B (75%), I did 4 new recipies, but I plan to challenge myself moar than this next challenge.

2. Smoking, I stopped, but I failed once, B (75%), I will keep off the nicotine from now on, it was hard, but like anything, with dedicated, I acheived it in the end.

3. Biking, aimed for 300kms, got 286.43  I gave myself an A+ (100%) Considering my bike was broken the first week and I was away on a business trip another week, I still managed to almost got 300kms. Next challenge, running :o

4. Bodyweight workout, B+ (85%), I've become noticebily stronger, I went of rainy days, sunny days, windy days, name it. I call that determination, for which I have proven to myself that I am capable of.

Overall I think I did not too bad, averaging at 83.3%. I want to participate more in the mini-challenges next time though.

BONUS - +1 Dex and +1 Con for mini-challenges.

Thread Here

I might take new pictures this morning and post them in the thread.

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

A more complete wrap-up is in my challenge thread

Goal 1a - increase broad jump by 6" (my jump is at 5'8", so goal is 6'2"). Final result: just a hair over 6'1"   B+

1b - increase high jump from fingertips on ceiling to palms flat on the ceiling. Final result: top of palms touching the ceiling  B

1c - be able to precisely jump from anywhere in about a 5' radius to a designated target spot - A

1d - running jump completely over a folding chair. A+ made the chair by week 2, and added some extra PK jump stuff

Overall grade for goal 1:  A-

2.  Goal 2: Be able to campus on the bouldering wall when the holds have a vertical separation of 18" (which foiled me on the last V3 I tried).

I did a campusing move where the right hand moved up 18.5", but the right hold was only 16.5" above the level of the left hold.  I'll call it an A-  In the future, I need to work on chaining another big move after the first one, so I'm not just hanging there, floundering after the big move.  Time for more deadhang pull-ups.

Here's my kind of lame video wrap up for goals 1 and 2.

3. Goal 3: Track liquids at least 5 days of the week for myself and the kids.  Partway through the challenge, the goal changed into tracking liquid calories and restricting myself to 1 calorie bearing drink per day (excluding protein shakes).

Tracking liquids = done.  Liquid calories = too many.  1 caloric drink/day was easy on weekdays but tough on weekend nights, because damn it, I want a beer.  I use juice for handling the midday energy crash, and I need to look into healthier options.

Overall grade: B+

4. Goal 4: always have our hats, sunscreen, water bottles, proper footwear, proper attire, etc. when we head out to play. 

Grade: A = 0-2 times caught unprepared.  B = 3-5 times; C-6-9 times; F= 10+ times.

Docked 1.5 pts for a few minor failures.  Planning and preparing is becoming habit for myself and the kids.

Still an A.

Mini challenges: participated in all of them!

Overall grade A-  I was quite pleased with the way this challenge went.  The main purpose was to incorporate my kids into my workouts since they're home all summer, rather than spend the summer sticking them in the gym daycare or yelling at them to go away and watch tv while I'm working out.  We did the Mario obstacle courses, weighted planks, weighted squats and squat jumps, weighted bridges, and tons of other activities.  The leg DOMS and sweat would indicate that these were great workouts.  :)

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

A more complete wrap-up is in my challenge thread

Goal 1a - increase broad jump by 6" (my jump is at 5'8", so goal is 6'2"). Final result: just a hair over 6'1"   B+

1b - increase high jump from fingertips on ceiling to palms flat on the ceiling. Final result: top of palms touching the ceiling  B

1c - be able to precisely jump from anywhere in about a 5' radius to a designated target spot - A

1d - running jump completely over a folding chair. A+ made the chair by week 2, and added some extra PK jump stuff

Overall grade for goal 1:  A-

2.  Goal 2: Be able to campus on the bouldering wall when the holds have a vertical separation of 18" (which foiled me on the last V3 I tried).

I did a campusing move where the right hand moved up 18.5", but the right hold was only 16.5" above the level of the left hold.  I'll call it an A-  In the future, I need to work on chaining another big move after the first one, so I'm not just hanging there, floundering after the big move.  Time for more deadhang pull-ups.

Here's my kind of lame video wrap up for goals 1 and 2.

3. Goal 3: Track liquids at least 5 days of the week for myself and the kids.  Partway through the challenge, the goal changed into tracking liquid calories and restricting myself to 1 calorie bearing drink per day (excluding protein shakes).

Tracking liquids = done.  Liquid calories = too many.  1 caloric drink/day was easy on weekdays but tough on weekend nights, because damn it, I want a beer.  I use juice for handling the midday energy crash, and I need to look into healthier options.

Overall grade: B+

4. Goal 4: always have our hats, sunscreen, water bottles, proper footwear, proper attire, etc. when we head out to play. 

Grade: A = 0-2 times caught unprepared.  B = 3-5 times; C-6-9 times; F= 10+ times.

Docked 1.5 pts for a few minor failures.  Planning and preparing is becoming habit for myself and the kids.

Still an A.

Mini challenges: participated in all of them!

Overall grade A-  I was quite pleased with the way this challenge went.  The main purpose was to incorporate my kids into my workouts since they're home all summer, rather than spend the summer sticking them in the gym daycare or yelling at them to go away and watch tv while I'm working out.  We did the Mario obstacle courses, weighted planks, weighted squats and squat jumps, weighted bridges, and tons of other activities.  The leg DOMS and sweat would indicate that these were great workouts.  :)

nice work nymeria look forward to catch your next challenge ^^

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Here we go. It's definitely not a passing grade, but I'm very happy with what I did get accomplished.

The Wrap-Up:

I failed miserably at my fitness-related goals, but rocked the others.

Here we go:

• Roll-overs from the last challenge ( quit smoking / schedule physical )
    • A - Done! +2 Con, +2 Wis - Currently 11 days smoke free
  • Keep on working out. Specifically, work on my L-Sits. At the end of the challenge, I'd like to be able to at least do a full one, even if it's only for 5 seconds. I'll settle for being able to hold a tuck for 20s though.
    • F - I had bronchitis for 2 weeks, worked out maybe 4 times, then clutter took over my basement work-out space )
  • Couch to 5k. Run 3 times a week, preferably with my wife. For this to be successful, I'll have completed 5 weeks of the 9-week course by the end of this challenge.
    • ​F - I got to day 2, and then our summer humidity hit and I got lazy )
  • ​Read More Books! I will read 3 books by the end of the challenge.
    • ​A - +1 Wis, +1 Cha    - Ender's Game / Speaker for the Dead / Xenocide.  I really enjoyed the last two.

Level 2 Android Assassin

STR: 4.75 DEX: 3.75 STA: 3.75 CON: 2 WIS: 4 CHA: 3

Fitocracy | Challenge Log - 1 | Food Diary

@john_anderson

All in all, a bust. I got +1 CHA for entering a photo contest, and that's it. I won't be leveling up, I really felt like I didn't give a good consistent effort this time 'round, to anything, in or out of the challenge.

A full write-up can be found here (scroll down to #191).

Next time 'round, I'm focusing on consistency, and I've devised a reward system to help me in that effort.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Overall I'm giving myself a solid B.  I feel like I was able to overall achieve the purpose of my goals, even if I didn't hit my individual weekly numbers.

Goal #1: Complete healing my neck injury and return to doing aerial work.  This has been completed, I'm back in the air pain free and quickly rebuilding strength.  However, I haven't been as good with doing my PT now that I'm 99% healed, and my PT had suggested I keep it up through August. So I'm going to give myself a B+

Goal #2:  Use the TRX jumprope circuit to improve my cardiovascular endurance.  This is a little iffy because near the end of the challenge I found that the increasing jumprope intervals were bothering my knees and so skipped a few workouts and didn't progress further.  I think my endurance has improved a little, but it turns out that this was not the ideal program choice for me, and progress at the end really dropped off.  C+

Goal #3: Improve my bicycling skills.  This has been a roaring success.  I didn't get in all my twice-a-week rides, but my competency and confidence has improved immensely!  I am able to ride comfortably with traffic in a flat, suburban neighborhood where the drivers are used to bikes (we live near a high school).  A-

Goal #4: Pay down my credit card to <$100.  I got close.  $135.  That's pretty darn good given that I started at about $450.  B+

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

Overall grade: D

Link here.

Definitely looking forward to the next one, though, despite how I did. I recognize that life got a little bit in the way part way through this one, so I'm not beating myself up over it.

Level 8 Guardian Trainee

STR 20 | DEX 15 | STA 13 | CON 15 | WIS 12 | CHA 17

TN is Lookin' at YOU, Summertime!

"Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees." -Hebrews 12:12

Overall grade B

Toes to bar are improving... I got 4 this morning. but it's still not consistent. not more than  B

Pullups are also getting better, but not as much as I'd like either B

double unders  :) this one is definitely improving!! I'm more confident, and consistent with these A

Diet is still going very well. I see marked improvements in areas like strength, which is what food is supposed to do... make my workouts better. I'm not as obsessed about it when I have bad days. I was very proud of myself for the week I had very little control over my diet, I kept things in perspective and didn't get uptight about every meal. A

I think this is still a level up... not as much improvement as I'd like to see, but still some movement in a positive direction.

Oh YES... and not graded but notable: HSPU  :D yay I got a real one of these! (3 actually) I'm very happy about that... pistols still need work (it feels like its as much a balance issue as it is strength) but these are also coming along nicely

BlackWidowEowyn

Lvl 6 Hobbit Assassin

"Obstacles can't stop you, problems can't stop you. Most of all, other people can't stop you. Only you can stop you. " – J. Gitomer

"A vision of a champion is someone who is bent over drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching. "– Anson Dorrance

My kick in the Pants, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5

@missmajachere

Challenge 5 wrap up.

The first 10 days of this challenge I'll be back in the States visiting, so working out and eating right will require the kind of dedication that I've been lacking the last couple of weeks.  Call it a "C" effort.  I ran a 12 k and did a beer run, but never got a handle on a daily routine.

I have the Zugspitze Ultratrail on 22 June, so I'm going to be on crutches (don't laugh, it can happen!) for a week or two afterwards and will have to adjust my workouts accordingly.  Finished the race!  Got an "A".

My current projects at work will end and it looks like things will slow way down for a few months, so I might be able to start expanding my workouts into new areas.

With all of that in mind, this challenge is looking like:

1.  Maintenance running:  5-10 miles 3-5 days a week?  Still have some questionable owies from the last ultra that might affect this.  Gotta make sure I'm good for the Zugspitz.  Ditched this one after the Zugspitz.  I've had enough running for awhile.  An "F".

2.  Body Weight exercises:  I'm looking at chipping away at some upper body and core development. I want to work at one arm push ups, hand stands, hollow bodies, maybe some dragon flags.  Not concerned with any uber-achievements this time around, just looking for laying foundations for continuous work over multiple challenges.  Started doing pull ups, burpees, and dragon flags daily.  I have a lot of work to do here, but the pattern is in place, which is the important part.  "A".

3.  Diet and Drinking:  Having proven to myself that I can run 30-40 miles a week and still maintain a gut, I need to reintroduce moderation here.  Probably won't do a major fast this time because I don't want to sabotage the Zugspitze or the recovery afterwards.  This is just about portion control and content.  Getting close.  I still like some wine on the weekends, but I'm back on paleo and when I want to gorge its on fruit or nuts.  Figure a "B".

4.  Achievements:  This covers items that either happen once or which I don't want to formally commit to at this time:

-Zugspitze Ultratrail:  This is only going to happen once.  Its the culmination of where I've been heading for the last two challenges, so its The Big Deal this time around.  Not sure I'll be able to make the time hacks, so completion is optional.  Success here is about seeing where my limits are with respect to this challenge.  I think engineers call this "testing to destruction" or something like that.  I finished with 15 minutes to spare, so I think this goal was spot on.  It also let me know that the whole ultra genre is a nice place to visit, but I don't want to live there.  "A".

-Mini Challenges:  I've gotten away from participating in these for the last couple of challenges, so I figure I'll try to do at least one or two this time to get back into the groove.  Did one, and a PvP, but not really interested at this point, they tend to distract me from my other goals.  More focused on getting my regular workouts going where they need to be.  Technically an "A".

-Promote the Heresy:  I don't think this thing has gone critical mass and taken on a life of its own yet, so I need to keep an eye out for opportunities to spread the madness.  This involves ongoing harassment of our Fearless Leader.  Had some fun with this, but it turns out he was a closet Chaossin all along, and once that came out the whole thing sort of fizzled:O  With victories like this, who needs defeat?  A hollow "A".

-Lifting:  Been wanting to start lifting again but haven't wanted to work contrary to the ultra effort.  Should have the chance to start working it back in along the way.  Got this one going.  Now my main focus.  Pretty happy with my beginning program, which should carry me through most of the next challenge.  This also has the added bonus of being "sustainable and moderate", areas I usually have trouble with.  An "A".

Additional stuff:  Back into mobility work and stretching on a daily basis in a big way.

Calling it an "C", leveling up.  +1 strength for high volume work = lots of weight.  +1 dex for running for 25.5 hours and not tripping and bouncing down the mountain.  +1 stamina for all the endurance work.  +1 constitution for really pushing it and not getting injured.  + 2 wisdom for returning from ultra-landia.  +1 charisma for bringing Wolverine to the dark side.  But really, from here on out its gotta be about consistency and results.  Doing an ubermensch feat is cool, but a beer belly is still a beer belly.

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

beautiful_example_of_imagination_mushroo

My challenge has gone so far off the tracks that I had next to no clue what my goals were until I looked them up again.  Definitely not my best showing.

1. Train with consistency, moderation, and stress reduction in mind.

2. Taste with consistency, moderation, and stress reduction in mind.

3. Track with consistency, moderation, and stress reduction in mind.

4. Tick-off to-dos with consistency, moderation, and stress reduction in mind.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  I think I did everything but be moderate and reduce my stress - culminating in not ONE but TWO nasty migraines (and a bunch of time out of the gym as a result).  Yeesh.  Time to put this challenge to rest and try and not think about it.... ever... ever again.

But first... the positives...

• I now know that training by a program is probably not for me.  This is okay, I just need to remember to have goals like this: workout x times per week, and not goals like this: follow this 30-day program exactly.  I can try programs, just don't set my challenges goals around following them.

• More protein and fiber is great.  IIFYMing with these two goals worked very well.

• Garage and back room are clean.  Patio isn't painted, but a painter is hired (I ain't messing with lead paint, yo).  That's 2/3 of my to-do list done.  The only thing left is arguably the easiest thing to do!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Goal 1: Get my life in order: C

I did a lot of administrative emails and work - my wife was very happy at how I attacked these previously hated tasks with renewed vigour.

However I only did a framework for my website content. Then did not follow through with generating said content.

I *just* scraped in my quota of scientific articles... but I failed to make a good habit out of it.

Lessons learned:

(1) I probably made too many mini goals. I remembered goal 1, then forgot about the other 2.

(2) I shouldn't do a goal which is weekly. I should do a daily goal which is about 1/7 of the effort. This is more likely to make something into a habit.

Goal 2: Keep exercising within my limits: A

Shoulder rehab = kicked ass. Very happy with how my shoulder is progressing!

Pull = doing very well considering limitations.

Legs = made real progression with pistols and the amount of reps I could do.

Grip strength = improved from being unable to do 1 grip, to doing up to a max of 15 reps.

Lessons learned:

Don't dislocate my shoulder again?

Goal 3: Pay more attention to rest, rehab and stretching: A

Definitely paid more attention to the rest and regeneration phase.

I also developed a mentality that if I was sore from the previous days workout, then I was very satisfied to do stretching and massage as that was the most productive way forward. Previously I would sit and mope about not being able to progress again, then go off and push myself too hard too soon.

Lessons learned:

How to enjoy a rest day.

Goal 4: Get into the habit of brushing my teeth twice a day: A

Did it every single day. But what is more important... I made it a habit. Now I feel like if I want to go to sleep, I should trundle over to the bathroom and brush first. (It even makes me a bit sleepier doing so!). My wife is much happier too, she has been nagging me about that one for a while.

Lessons learned:

A small goal is sometimes a good goal.

OVERALL SCORE: B+

Lessons learned:

Nerd Fitness is a friendly intelligent community, and the accountability of putting my goals on a public forum has done wonders for my motivation. Thanks everyone!!!

Bending and Balancing-Final Score

Balancing- 20 seconds on a wall handstand. Yep!!! Did it. Surprised myself on this one at how much progress I've made. Grade A

points CHA 4

Bending- Keep up with GMB stretches. Did really well on this too. The last week I kind of slacked off. But all the other weeks were A, so final grade A

DEX 3

Groovy Graphs: Record Data points Once a week. Done. I liked this once a week is a nice easy goal to shoot for to give me some info without feeling like I constantly have to do it Grade A

STA 4

Home Improvement: Pick a painter and schedule our home to be painted. Done Grade A

mini goal for this off week: Paint house with swatches and choose paint color.

CHA 3 WIS 1

Mini challenges; Had fun. Participated in them all. Even got top score in challenge 4.

Overall Grade= A,level up full points awarded

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

These here were my goals:
Get 200 points on Fitocracy every day, by doing bodyweight stuff.

I didn't get to this AT ALL, because of too ill to do much of anything (which I didn't expect to happen)

Super flexible mystery adventure challenge!
(Small goals or missions that I will assign myself on a however I feel like basis.)
I did do some of those, indeed when I felt like. Pictures were taken, pools were swam, and mountains were climbed.

But yeah. Mystery Illness did get the best of me.
I don't really feel like grading it, so I won't. I'll just remember the lesson learned: It's really easy to get exhausted for me right now. "taking it easy" is a skill I'll have to master next challenge.

Nyxy, lvl 13 Werewolf assassin!            Current challenge: butts               Fitocracy

So I get all the way to the end of the challenge and realize I never set up a grading or points awards system.

I’ll just grade things at the level I felt is warranted.

#1-Flexibility-I used to be very flexible. Able to drop into a split at any time without even needing to warm up. I've lost that. So in hopes of gaining that back or at least getting closer, I'm making a solid few minutes of stretching required after every run and every leg workout. Short and sweet and I don't have to make a separate time for it. It's just a few minutes on the end of a workout. AND something I should have already been doing.

Grading-TBD but likely the % I keep up with it, and bonus for being able to do a split again at challenge end.

I did very well in this goal, a couple slip ups near the beginning for being in a hurry, but otherwise solid stretches after every run and leg workout nearly every time. Though I feel better & flexibility has certainly increased, no bonus for the split, I can do a front/back split, but not a straddle, which was the one I had in mind at the onset. We’ll go with an A- grade and award 2.5 of 3 possible DEX points

#2-Fun-Play at least once/week whether its a short "parkour" run or trying different holds/moves at home or going climbing. I need to do some less boring stuff and to work in jumping/climbing/playing even if play is trying arm balances or other static holds.

Grading-TBD but based on the weekly implementation of a play day.

This goal ended up being dropped 2 weeks in. I was hoping by making it a goal I would do more things. I got focused on the things I was already doing and this fell to the wayside. Grade F, zero points of possible 1 STR, 1.5 DEX, 1.5 CHA

#3-Intensity-I'm very good at doing my workouts, but I lack intensity. I know I can take it up a notch & push myself further. Squeeze out more reps, strive to increase from week to week.

Grading-TBD but since I track everything, I want to see improvements in every movement. Whether its upping reps or moving to the next progression. EVERYTHING must go up.

This goal I CRUSHED!!! My push up workout I dropped rest time while maintaining the number of reps per set, and also added other more difficult moves. Shoulder work, I went from regular pike press variations to ones done on paralettes and even did a couple hand stand presses on parallettes. (supported) Legs I can do both Pistol & Skater squats in the same workout and raised the reps on them by 1-2 per set each.

Grade A+ and award all 3 STR & 2 STA

#4-Neatness-No dishes in the sink overnight/ nothing on the living room floor. This one is self explanitory. Summer can get busy, but before bed, I make a sweep of the kitchen & living room. No dishes in the sink(or counter) and nothing laying around in the living room that shouldnt be there

This was a very good challenge for me. Minus a couple quirks for a running dishwasher or holiday crazyness, I did very well. I don’t have an exact percentage, but I’ll grade myself a B & award 2 of 3 CON points.

rybo, level 4 Human assassinSTR 16|DEX 7.5|STA 9|CON 12|WIS 8.5|CHA 5 

I think I did quite well but not nearly as well as I could have.

My weekends let me down for my diet goals but they weren't horrific (it was usually beer on a friday night), and for my strength and quickness goals I didn't do as well as I'd like but I have definitely seen improvement.

I was very shocked when I did my first pull up! And also shocked that I've cut almost 6 minutes off my running time!

So overall relatively well, but I'm looking forward to using this 2 week break to really get to grips with what I want to achieve next and get a good base to really build on for the next challenge!

Well done assassins!

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

Goal 1: Running    Grade: B+   (DEX +1.6 of 2, STA +2.4 of 3)

Run 3x per week minimum (or 18 in 6 weeks). I ran 14 times.

Increase speed to 5 km in 30 min.  I did one run at 5:52 min / km!

Also do intervals (zombie chases using "Zombies Run!") and / or tabata. I did 2 Tabata runs, and 1 longer run with Zombie chases.

[Work towards increasing distance to 10 km - longer term goal because of injury] I ran 8 km, which is up from my 7 km.

bonus - running while on vacation - planned a route, and specifically picked out a time in our busy, short trip to do it.

Seeing it summarized here, and re-reading WHAT my goals actually were, I realize I did better than I had thought I did.

Lessons learned: This is perhaps too many goals all wrapped up in one. I have learned that it is recommended not to increase time and speed at the same time, but rather to work on one or the other. I was trying to both. Also, I didn't consider the fact that its now summer and HOT and HUMID and to realistically try and increase speed, well, maybe this isn't the best time. I had planned on getting up early at least once per week to do a morning Tabata run, but that only happened twice. I'm generally not the best sleeper and I've been very tired lately, so I've been prioritizing sleep. It is what it is.

Goal 2: Pushups    Grade  C  (STR +1.5 of 3)

Do 10 proper pushups.  I can do 3.

Goal 3: Pullups      Grade F   (STR: +0 of 3)

Do 1 pull-up.  I can do 0.

Lessons from Goal 2 & 3 - I am reminded of what I already know, and that is that I am a creature of habit. I need to get strength training back into my regular routine. I would think about doing training for these at the most inappropriate times: in the shower, or walking to work, or sitting at work infront of my computer, rather than at a time when I could actually practice. My other issue was that I didn't track when I did work on them, not all the time.

Goal 4: Floss / Dentist     Grade A , full points CHA +2, CON +2

I missed 2 days out of 42 on flossing! And I have called and made a dentist appointment! Granted, its not till October, but the appointment is made.

Lesson: I don't know what I'm so afraid of. Why could I not just call the dentist? Its not a big deal, and I know that every time AFTER I do something, but yet I still procrastinate like crazy. In fact, I didn't call the dentist till last week!

Overall I'll give myself a B- and a surprise level up! And next challenge, my goals will be more realistic considering time and weather, for example, and maybe more smaller goals, too, since I seem to be able to do those easily. I think they also need to be more specific.

Mini challenges: I started to participate in the first one but didn't follow through. Didn't participate in any of the others.

I'm not sure how to grade myself for this one since I decided that goal 2 wasn't a priority - maybe a C? 

Goal 1: Be the Gibbon (rings progression @ home) - Success!  Saw a doubling of time (at least!) in all four positions.  Very pleased.  +2 STR +2 STA

Goal 2: Be the Fool (floor progression @ hotel) - didn't do much with this one.  I wouldn't call it a fail as much as a realignment of priorities (I see no reason not to prioritize hanging out with co-workers at the hotel gym or pool and at 6am than stay in my room over working hand balances alone).  No points.

Goal 3: Go to Sleep - Fail.  No changes at home, and even less sleep on the road (was hanging out with co-workers to midnight and then meeting up again at the crack of dawn).  No points.

Goal 4:  Get some stuff done - Projects running on schedule professionally, another large bag of stuff taken to the donation centre, home office organized and set up for summer guests.  +2 CHA +1 WIS

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Conclusion from my challenge thread:

Total Results: D overall Str +1; Dex +1.5; Sta +1; Wis +0.5; Cha +0.25

I'm also getting +1 Str from the first minichallenge, since I ranked in the top 10.

Anim07734; God of Death in Training

Tiefling Assassin and Artificer

Maxim 70: Failure is not an option. It is mandatory. The option is whether or not to let failure be the last thing you do.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines