• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Forge: So You Wanna be a Warrior?

I am a n00b.  I am not big, bulky, or strong, and I've yet to go punch-to-punch with anyone (in fact, let's just not do that ever, okay?).  BUT--I want to be strong.  I've discovered that I really like lifting weights.  And I loooooves me some bacon!

I'll join the Warriors for the next challenge.  Between now and then, I'll poke around the forums, acquire some knowledge, find a program that works for me, and come up with some SMART eating goals.  Don't worry, there will be bacon involved.

Welcome! I expect future avatars to be more intimidating anime girls.

• Like 1

He's been trying to get us to kick him out of the warrior guild for awhile by saying things like this, just ignore him.

i lol'ed so hard at this!! For reals the production manager walked all the way from the factory to ask what i was laughing at!!

bacon for kimchi? what kind of madness is this? next he'll be saying lifting foam rollers instead of barbells!!  We commit him at that point, right?

So maybe just the bacon-eating part...

Eating the bacon! 1/2 a kilo of bacon, 12 eggs is a goal meal of mine. 

While the intro post by Gainsy tells of the guild being entirely made up of hulking beasts and sheilas dead lifting cars and throwing barrels of pitch at plumbers. Only condition of entry is that you have the lusting to learn to lift heavy. 

new to the forums but been going to the gym and hitting the weights daily, sometimes twice to get my cardio in. Although the site is a little overwhelming I think im figuring out how things work here.  I would like to join the Warriors guild in the next 6 week challenge, looking for that extra push to keep improving.

Can I still be a warrior if I eat pork belly instead of bacon? It's like the same bit of the pig as some bacon, but thick (or even a slab) and not salty.

C'mon, eating a slab o' roasted pork's good, right?

Pork belly is the classy version of bacon. Just like how panchetta is the adult version of bacon.

new to the forums but been going to the gym and hitting the weights daily, sometimes twice to get my cardio in. Although the site is a little overwhelming I think im figuring out how things work here.  I would like to join the Warriors guild in the next 6 week challenge, looking for that extra push to keep improving.

By the looks of your avatar, I'd say you're in the right place. Welcome to the Forge! Looking forward to seeing your topic in the Warrior challenge area.

Me too.  I just want it to start, so I can stop changing the goals in my head every other day.

I can already see the new forums, my challenge thread is actually already up, but I'm not posting there because just the other mods can see it.

Just thought the other warrior guild leader should chime in, since i've been on vacation and a total mod slacker for 3 entire weeks. I am in desperate need of the challenge to start and kick me a kick in the rear after eating all the not so good/not so paleo things and not lifting a damn thing.

Super excited to see more people joining us!

Hello fellow warriors!!! I just signed up to Nerd Fitness forums (although I've been a reader for a long time) and I am just getting started on my personal healthy-lifestyle path. Since I can remember, I have always identified myself with fighters/warriors of all sorts (movies, books, even in D&D... yes, I am a huge nerd and proud of it!!). So, please, can anyone help me by explaining the challenges and creating my character?? Thanks, y'all!!

The FAQ.

You character is really based on how you see yourself and what stats you think you need to grow. Here's a bit of a guide on how to setup your character sheet. Each challenge, you will gather more points per how many goals you complete and how many mini-challenges you complete. 

Good luck and welcome to the Forge. 

Damn, part of me wants to be a warrior because I've been lifting a lot and want to get stronger and have been eating obscene quantities of eggs on a daily basis and the goals of a warrior seem to fit in with what I'm doing right now. However, I also expressed interest in the assassins guild because I would love to acquire ninja skills. What do, what do? I'm torn.

Well, as a first time challenge participant, you have a unique opportunity. :) Have you checked out the rules for the challenge that were posted? You'll be doing a challenge with the other newbies - maybe you can build your goals around finding out where your passion lies.

If you still can't decide, you can always switch back and forth between guilds. For instance, I know I am a Warrior - but paaaaaaaaaaart of me definitely wants to check out the Assassins someday :)

Damn, part of me wants to be a warrior because I've been lifting a lot and want to get stronger and have been eating obscene quantities of eggs on a daily basis and the goals of a warrior seem to fit in with what I'm doing right now. However, I also expressed interest in the assassins guild because I would love to acquire ninja skills. What do, what do? I'm torn.

That first sentence, that is what I do. Unfortunately you become immune to eggs, a half dozen don't put a dent in my hunger anymore. If you want ninja skills, you can do that too. Nothing says you can't be an assassin who lifts.

I'm probably going to end up trying both guilds and identify as an assassin that lifts weights, but currently I want to make a decision on which guild to be a part of for the next 6-week challenge. Given that in the next two weeks I won't have easy access to heavy things, I'll probably join the assassins for this round. However, I'll be back around this part of the woods!