• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gainsdalf the Whey

The Forge: So You Wanna be a Warrior?

Hey! That's me :)

And she left some of her GIF-Fu over in the druid forums.   My GIF-Fu is still weak and needs more practice and training.   /bow to the guru :)

I'm a super newb to the forums and community here but I've been following the articles for some time. I'm doing my first challenge with the other n00bs and I definitely gravitate towards warrior style fitness. I did the hours of cardio thing for years with no success, but started lifting heavy in January and am down 30 lbs and 40". I've hit a motivation plateau so I'm looking forward to getting back to lifting all the things. AND PUTTING THE BACON IN MY FACE. 

Hello warriors,

I have been on NF for a couple months and just started my first six-week challenge (link posted in my signature).

I am exploring guilds to join once I conquer my first challenge. Warrior seems like a good choice since I am interested in building muscle. I'm also enthused by the number of times I've seen the phrase "pound of bacon" while perusing this thread. I also have some goals that might put me in with the monks or druids. Warrior monk and protector of the earth sound good hybrid guilds/paths to me.

Anyway...

For my first challenge I am trying to balance muscle gain with burning fat. I'd welcome any advice if you have the time to look over my challenge, goals, and practices. Specifically, goals 2 and 3, diet and workout respectively.

Cheers!

I only just did my first Stronglifts workout today,

but already I wanna eat bacon while playing bocce ball with atlas stones.

DOOO EEEET

How did you like the workout?

DOOO EEEET

How did you like the workout?

It was good. I walked my weights up to 75 lbs. for the squat and the bench press rather than just the bar. 45 was too light, and made it too easy to get the squat done with bad form. Once I increased the weight I was able to spot the mistakes I was making and fix them.

I'm eating meal 1/5 for today. An omelet, roughly the size of a football ( not really, but it looks like it from above, and it is well stuffed.

Maybe one day I'll be able to go warrior.  I lack two things though.

1-access to a gym where lifting heavy is allowed.  Planet Fitness is all that's near me...and they don't like me there.

2-a barbell of my own.  Dumbells are all I have and my apartment is a bit small.

Grrr.

Oh I feel very bad for you. Planet Fitness.....eek.

Keep an eye out on Craigslist for equipment - you can sometimes snag some pretty good deals.

You could come lift with me but I think that'd be quite a drive :D

Oh I feel very bad for you. Planet Fitness.....eek.

Keep an eye out on Craigslist for equipment - you can sometimes snag some pretty good deals.

You could come lift with me but I think that'd be quite a drive :D

I miss lifting.  Before getting injured (non lifting related injuries) I lifted 3x a week with two good friends.  Then I got hurt, got used to not being able to walk, got lazy and got out of shape.  4 years later, I hate it and I'm dying to lift again! 

Until that day comes, bodyweight and dumbells it is. :nonchalance:

Ugh, I have a PF membership that I keep for when my work gym is full. HOW CAN YOU HAVE A GYM WITHOUT A SQUAT RACK? I get squicked watching folks use the smith machine for squats. If I am working out there I tend to use the shorter barbells and free weights, and I do love being able to do an assisted pullup, BUT WHY NO SQUAT RACK, WHY? I get that they are trying to make working out "friendlier" and I've had some pretty special experiences at other gyms, but I don't think pizza and bagel days are reaaaallly helping, and painting the picture that everyone who lifts heavy is a douchebag bugs me. 

Ugh, I have a PF membership that I keep for when my work gym is full. HOW CAN YOU HAVE A GYM WITHOUT A SQUAT RACK? I get squicked watching folks use the smith machine for squats. If I am working out there I tend to use the shorter barbells and free weights, and I do love being able to do an assisted pullup, BUT WHY NO SQUAT RACK, WHY? I get that they are trying to make working out "friendlier" and I've had some pretty special experiences at other gyms, but I don't think pizza and bagel days are reaaaallly helping, and painting the picture that everyone who lifts heavy is a douchebag bugs me.

Blame corporate.  It saves them money on insurance.

Planet Fitness is all that's near me

I'm sorry...:(

I went though that 7 years ago when doing contract work where the PF was the only thing within a 25-mile radius...

You can get by though.

New warriors <3

443.gif

Maybe one day I'll be able to go warrior.  I lack two things though.

1-access to a gym where lifting heavy is allowed.  Planet Fitness is all that's near me...and they don't like me there.

2-a barbell of my own.  Dumbells are all I have and my apartment is a bit small.

Grrr.

UGH. I'm so sorry. There's a PF right next to my apartment.  I wish it were any other gym so I could use it. Bastards.

What if you used the DBs in PF to do sneaky warrior moves that look like bro moves?  Things like, bulgarian split squats, perhaps?

I'm pretty sure they aren't smart enough to know you're being awesome.

More like Snack of Champions ;)

I like you.

Planet Fitness is not a gym, it is a health center, as defined on their web page.

A health center that offers its clients pizza and bagels!  So awesome.