• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

Joining the Monks: Welcome to the Monastery!

:D

Come on in.

::wipes mouth after drinking suspicious canister of fluids::

Sure! Totally optional! O.O

...ok...it's on. You just drank my last butter beer!!

Could I join? Just got started on the sight and the monk profession seems to fit me perfectly.

I'm sure they'd love you, however you must complete a challenge as a beginner before moving into a guild, as I understand it.

Could I join? Just got started on the sight and the monk profession seems to fit me perfectly.

Well, Lord Swole has a point. We insist that people put themselves through the Level 1 section first, just to get a feel for how the site works and to figure out what an effective challenge looks like.

That said, I have a tendency to wander there and encourage folks who want to be monks, so you're with us whether you're with us or not. :)

Greetings and salutations!

For this 6WC, I'm putting my eclectic martial arts and swordsmanship background to the task of systematizing the seven forms of Lightsaber Combat....

Anyone mind if I do this in the company of the Monks? :)

Hello Monks!

After a few in the adventurers with the intention of becoming a ranger, I trained with the scouts this challenge to get my head in the right space for a 100km bike ride. I have a taekwondo grading coming up on the 14th of December and think six weeks with the Monks might be the right place to prepare for it.

I'd like to think that I'm a true ranger training around... But I might just be a guild hussy!?!

Hello Monks!

After a few in the adventurers with the intention of becoming a ranger, I trained with the scouts this challenge to get my head in the right space for a 100km bike ride. I have a taekwondo grading coming up on the 14th of December and think six weeks with the Monks might be the right place to prepare for it.

I'd like to think that I'm a true ranger training around... But I might just be a guild hussy!?!

Well, hussy isn't on the approved guilds list, so we're gonna say you're a ranger at heart. ;) But that doesn't mean we're gonna turn you away. If you have a grading coming up, we'd be glad to do whatever we can to help you get ready; we've got a couple blackbelts in the Monastery who'd love to help you out. Hopefully we'll see you there!

Hello Monks! 

I got an opportunity to work out at a boxing gym last night which reminded me just how much I love pummeling the heavy bag. I won't be able to actually compete because my bell has been rung too many times in other sports. But I am going to focus my training on the boxing and kickboxing classes the gym offers. So I guess that means after 6 challenges with the Adventurers it's time to branch out and meet some new folks! 

Hello Monks! 

I got an opportunity to work out at a boxing gym last night which reminded me just how much I love pummeling the heavy bag. I won't be able to actually compete because my bell has been rung too many times in other sports. But I am going to focus my training on the boxing and kickboxing classes the gym offers. So I guess that means after 6 challenges with the Adventurers it's time to branch out and meet some new folks! 

Sounds that way to me. Come on in! We'd be glad to see you.

I'm in this challenge. Finally joining the Monks. I'll be playing bloody knuckles while training in modern arnis/modular knife concepts and trying to gain/maintain some strength in the gym all the while trying to lose some libras.

Welcome! We have an arnis instructor in the guild! Glad you join us.

I attended a class in Modern Arnis last night. Any monks have an interest in or experience with Filipino martial arts?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Lots of interest, but not a lot of experience. My brother studies Arnis over where he lives, and he loves it. We've had some practitioners in the guild for challenges before, and we've got one in this challenge too. We might end up with one more that I know of, but the randomization is part of the fun. :)

I attended a class in Modern Arnis last night. Any monks have an interest in or experience with Filipino martial arts?

My sensei was a student of Remy Presas ans she brought that style here in Europe. It is integral part of the school curriculum, although not part of the core techniques we practice.

Now I manage to train a couple of time per year with Gabriele Roloff, which is great

I have attended a couple of Kali seminars, the last ones with Felix Cortes form Filipino Combatives. Also, I practice some knife techniques in EBMAS, and use the tanto in Ninjutsu.

Normally I'm an assassin, but for the new challenge I decided to enter the dojo and train as a monk XD

Shall I join?

Bow to the NF flag before you step on the mat, but I think the more monks, the merrier.

I would like to join the monks.

I started training at 8 years of age, got up to a brown belt and quit with the various moves that accompany army-brat life.

I started again at 20 and got my black belt in Shotokan at 22.  I became an instructor shortly after, and have taught and trained in various martial arts ever since.

I'm currently a 4th degree in Shotokan, a 2nd degree in Wado Ryu, and a black belt in Aikido. 

I joined the army at 30 and took a break from training, hurt my back while in the service, and haven't done much except self-train since.  I'm 34 now, out of the Army, and a new dad.  My diet and strength have suffered, but I've managed to keep most of my flexibility and form.  I'm hitting the heavy lifting now in an attempt to balance out, and eating Paleo to slim back down to "fighting weight".

Strength training, kata and kihon on recovery days.  Osu!

Well, Adams-sensei, it sounds like you're one of us. Awesome that you were with the service; hopefully, you didn't have too many opportunities to apply what you knew. We'd be glad to have you join us!

I found the monastery!!

when i was younger i did karate - up to brown belt

more recently i did boxing

looking to get into kickboxing in the next few years so hoping this will help me get into shape