• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

Joining the Monks: Welcome to the Monastery!

I'm new, and I think your guild fits me best (BJJ black belt training in the mother-land).  I've been out of training for a while and trying to get my fitness and strength level back up.  I look forward to being part of the group.

Hello!  Welcome to Nerd Fitness :-)

I belong in this guild!

As soon as I saw the description I knew the monks were for me!

My friends call me Shanks. The martial art I choose to practice is Muay Thai. I've already faught once in the ring, but due to an injury had to forgo any other fights for a long time.

I am now back on my feet, and I'm training to catch up to myself from a year ago and surpass him as well!

It would be awesome to join your guild.

This is my first day in the rebellion, and I gotta admit, this is pretty cool.

I've created my 6 week challenge thread already, named "I Carry 8 Weapons...".

Not completely sure if I'm following the instructions properly, but hey, thought I'd give it a shot. >:)

Awesome, man. Always glad to see more hard-contact fighters. Nothing against the traditionalists, but as someone who doesn't do kata it's a little harder to relate sometimes.

Anyway, looks like you're doing everything right so far. I'll drop by your thread to root you on, and I'll try to see about having Shogun stop by and say hello as well.

What kind of injury are you coming back from? Did you (literally) break a leg?

Awesome, man. Always glad to see more hard-contact fighters. Nothing against the traditionalists, but as someone who doesn't do kata it's a little harder to relate sometimes.

Anyway, looks like you're doing everything right so far. I'll drop by your thread to root you on, and I'll try to see about having Shogun stop by and say hello as well.

What kind of injury are you coming back from? Did you (literally) break a leg?

Haha, I broke a foot. :P

Thanks for the support. I'm still in awe as to how cool this forum is.

• Like 2

Would it be ok if I included some bodyweight/strength training goals on my Monk initiation challenge? I'm planning to go serious on MT after school ends, and I think the Monks will be the guild I should be joining. :)

Would it be ok if I included some bodyweight/strength training goals on my Monk initiation challenge? I'm planning to go serious on MT after school ends, and I think the Monks will be the guild I should be joining. :)

Lots of bodyweight/strength training running around the Monks, welcome :-)

Lots of bodyweight/strength training running around the Monks, welcome :-)

Thanks! Will start my monk challenge as soon as my level 1 ends! :D

So...looks like I might be a monk, what with my preferred methods of working out and the like. Hope you'll accept a puckish interloper among you. :)

I will have you know that we prefer interlopers of the strictly non-puckish variety, thank you very much. ;)

Im a total newbie here but before joining i already do boxing and wrestling as my sports, though i dont practice it for a year now and now im uber fat again :D hope you can help get back in fighting shape again

Im a total newbie here but before joining i already do boxing and wrestling as my sports, though i dont practice it for a year now and now im uber fat again :D hope you can help get back in fighting shape again

You have come to the right place, promise! 

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, so I can't join the guild yet, but I've been doing martial arts for 25 years. I took the test and was half monk/druid so I figured I would start with the guild that represents one of my favorite activities. 

I'm a Shodan in Aikido and am working on my Black Belt in Pa Kua. I am also looking into Shinkendo and have trained in some Iaido and Kendo. 

Currently I'm focusing on losing weight and getting into better shape. After I complete the first challenge, I'll be joining. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon! 

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site, so I can't join the guild yet, but I've been doing martial arts for 25 years. I took the test and was half monk/druid so I figured I would start with the guild that represents one of my favorite activities. 

I'm a Shodan in Aikido and am working on my Black Belt in Pa Kua. I am also looking into Shinkendo and have trained in some Iaido and Kendo. 

Currently I'm focusing on losing weight and getting into better shape. After I complete the first challenge, I'll be joining. Looking forward to meeting everyone soon! 

Welcome!  I think Aikido has the largest representation amongst the Monks so you'll have lots of people to hang with here.

Welcome! :)

Wow, great job guild leads for being so responsive...its almost like you have life habits that increase your focus or something... :P I am hoping, after completing my first challenge to  start with the monks, and though I am not a giraffe, I do like training with ancient far east weapons. I am hoping to find a place to get into Shaolin Kung fu, but so far no dice.

Here's to you, hardcore dudes who recognize that a disciplined body with a flaccid mind is useless, a chain is only as strong as the weakest link!

More like we don't have lives... or, in my case, day jobs. :D

But yeah! Definitely come and join us when you're done with your first challenge. Or, heck, stop by and visit us! We like company.

Wow, great job guild leads for being so responsive...its almost like you have life habits that increase your focus or something... :tongue:

More like we don't have lives... or, in my case, day jobs. :D

I subscribe to the idea now that Kishi is a Time Lord.  Only way I can wrap my head around how well he manages us in the Guild.

• Like 1

Hi there!

I'm currently doing my Level 1 Rebel challenge and I know that the time is coming up for being able to choose a guild (after 3 or 4 weeks, I think, right?)  I've had a bit of fitness ADD going on until today about what I really wanted to focus on as a way to lose weight, as only focusing on weight loss sounds boring.

I went back and forth about wanting to be an assassin and focus on body weight workouts or going for the 16-mile trail race in August and I just couldn't decide. Then last night happened. I had my first class at an Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate-do dojo and loved it! 

I'll be officially joining the dojo this week and really want to focus on it for the next challenge.

I guess that makes me a future Monk :)

• Like 2

Hi there!

I'm currently doing my Level 1 Rebel challenge and I know that the time is coming up for being able to choose a guild (after 3 or 4 weeks, I think, right?)  I've had a bit of fitness ADD going on until today about what I really wanted to focus on as a way to lose weight, as only focusing on weight loss sounds boring.

I went back and forth about wanting to be an assassin and focus on body weight workouts or going for the 16-mile trail race in August and I just couldn't decide. Then last night happened. I had my first class at an Okinawan Goju-Ryu Karate-do dojo and loved it! 

I'll be officially joining the dojo this week and really want to focus on it for the next challenge.

Excellent, it does indeed make you a Monk if you wish to be.  Join us :-)

Hi there!

Welcome! :)