Worst part about loosing weight.

I fear loose stomach skin when I lose weight. Yeah I know it's vain, but I've always found the loose skin thing to be pretty gross.

I hear if you lose it slowly, use cocoa butter and stay hydrated it'll snap back. I just don't want to have to go get surgery to have extra skin removed (knew someone that did that and it didn't work out so well). I can understand building muscle to tighten your arms and such, but I don't think you'll be building so much that your stomach gets bigger to fix it!

usually a higher resting heart rate isn't a good thing.  Some people have a naturally high resting rate- but this is why you need a base line to know- but usually higher isn't better. 

Darn I was hoping I'm getting better. I've always naturally been really low. Like heart rate of 60 and temp of 95. I'm moving up slowly to heart rate of 70 and temp of 97. Went to a doc recently that didn't notice anything bad though. So maybe I'm still good.

Of course there are always several reasons why my heart rate was higher at that appointment than the one before. Walking through a hospital, nervousness, etc etc.

Starting weight: 195    Now weight: 160

A past will chase you if you try to escape from it, but once you confront it, it's just an old memory inside you.

Check your heartrate first thing in the morning before you get up. That will give you an accurate reading on your resting heart rate.

Generally if you get fitter your heart gets stronger as well and that results in a slower resting heart rate. But that is a resting heart rate not a nervous running through the hospital heart rate :)

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

I've always been cold so I didn't notice any more coldness happening to me. I think I have actually started to warm up! I noticed a reasonable difference in my heart rate at the doctors in the I usually rested about 60 and now I'm resting about 70. Maybe this means my circulation is getting better.

As I-Jo said, higher BPM isn't a good thing.  When i was at my heaviest, my resting pulse was usually around 90-95.  160lbs lost, I'm 55-60 BPM 90% of the time.

The other times I'll be closer to 70, and I chalk those up as a result of stress, immediate activity, etc.  These measurements are taken by the nurse before I give blood every 2 months.  The Mayo-Clinic says normal resting pulse is 60-100, so that is why your doctor doesn't have any concerns.

If you do a lot of cardio, your resting pulse will get lower as your cardiovascular system becomes more stronger and more efficient.  I seem to remember Lance Armstrong's was around 40 back in the day.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Low heart rate can be a bad thing, though.  If you're hypothyroid your heart rate can be too low, as well as your metabolism.  If your heart rate is low and you're NOT in really good shape that can be a sign that something is off.  If you had a colder body temperature, too, then an increased resting heart rate and increased temperature could be a good sign that your metabolism is improving.

But if you haven't had your thyroid function checked, you might want to.  Could explain the low heart rate.

Butts.

Lots and lots of tea keeps me warm during the winter months.

It used to be tea full of sugar and milk,

but now it's high-quality loose leafs like Jasmine and rooibos.

usually I drink plain, or with a touch of honey.

I still have my staple though...

Earl Grey, hot.

Can't go without.

Primal Chai
Race: Human | Class: Adventurer

[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."  - Christopher Hitchens

Lots and lots of tea keeps me warm during the winter months.

It used to be tea full of sugar and milk,

but now it's high-quality loose leafs like Jasmine and rooibos.

usually I drink plain, or with a touch of honey.

I still have my staple though...

Earl Grey, hot.

Can't go without.

Captain Picard can't be wrong!

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

i agree with a lot of things like getting cold easily.. less cushion in the tush.. wardrobe ecoming too big in size and wallet expenditure..

not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but for me, this one's a pain in the ass more than anything else..

it's when other people around you (like say your coworkers or friends) who know about your habits (eating & fitness) that show signs of their disgust openly. well maybe disgust is too harsh a word... but you be the judge.

like for instance, you're at a gathering and there's desserts. You graciously pass up the desserts (for me it's issues with gluten, carbs, sugar, and lactose), but then there's that one person that always goes, "OH just eat it. you're a stick anyway!"

you know what i mean. i'm sure we've all been there. happens to me A LOT actually. it annoys the crap out of me!

• Like 2

Momoxstarx the N00bcake Extraordinaire

lvl 2 Mithra Warrior

[STR 3|DEX 2|STA 5|CON 2|WIS 2|CHA 1]

"Hold onto your knickers..."

Tumblr - Instagram - YouTube

"Hey, you still losing weight?  What's your goal?"

"My goal is to run a marathon."

"Yeah, I know, but what weight do you want to get to?"

People are boggled that losing weight is not actually my goal, it's just a happy side effect.

Yeah, people tend to fixate on the esthetics of fitness rather than the less obvious benefits.

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

Yeah, people tend to fixate on the esthetics of fitness rather than the less obvious benefits.

To compound that one:

Them: "Oh, you've met someone, haven't you?"

Me: "Uh.  No."

Them: "Then why are you losing all this weight?"

Me: "Because it's healthy?"

Them: *nods knowingly* "Right, I'm sure that's all."

Me: "Really, I just want to feel good about myself."

Them: "Just make sure they don't change you too much!"

*headdesk*

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

To compound that one:

Them: "Oh, you've met someone, haven't you?"

Me: "Uh.  No."

Them: "Then why are you losing all this weight?"

Me: "Because it's healthy?"

Them: *nods knowingly* "Right, I'm sure that's all."

Me: "Really, I just want to feel good about myself."

Them: "Just make sure they don't change you too much!"

*headdesk*

Oh for the love of... Seriously? Is it not possible to do something because it's what we want, not what someone else wants?

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

In my instance this was compounded because I said I didn't want to move away from Boston.  Nevermind that I've finally gotten myself comfortable after being here for 3 years and most of my job opportunities are in the area - I only want to stay because I can get laid.

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

It's funny how people get so fixated on the bottom line, isn't it? My daughter had a near meltdown last night when I told her I wasn't having Christmas cookies next week, but that I would be making a treat that would still be good to have. She was sad, thinking that I was going to feel left out when everyone else had cookies, instead of being happy that I've decided being healthy would be better than having cookies!

She's 13, though. I'm actually pretty touched that she was that concerned about it, instead of realizing that my not eating cookies means everyone has a lot more to share!

• Like 1

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

First Campaign Second Campaign

Daily Campaign Battle Log

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

@RisenPhoenix

Is staying because you can get laid so bad? ;)

Not at all.  If that were the case, I'd be screaming it from the rooftop at this point.  I've been single so long it's bordering on the ridiculous.

Not at all.  If that were the case, I'd be screaming it from the rooftop at this point.  I've been single so long it's bordering on the ridiculous.

How long? I'm willing to bet I've been single longer than you! (just joking, you don't have to tell me)

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

By choice Rapier?

I think the worst thing about loosing weight at my size is that, if I buy a swimsuit and but them to fit my waist I can't fit my quads and you can tell that I'm a guy from a mile away, if I buy it for my quads and modesty they will fall down as I'm swimming.....

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

By choice Rapier?

I think the worst thing about loosing weight at my size is that, if I buy a swimsuit and but them to fit my waist I can't fit my quads and you can tell that I'm a guy from a mile away, if I buy it for my quads and modesty they will fall down as I'm swimming.....

No, not by choice.

Oh swimsuit issues. I'm sworn off swimsuits for a while. Until I can look flattering in one.

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.

She's 13, though. I'm actually pretty touched that she was that concerned about it, instead of realizing that my not eating cookies means everyone has a lot more to share!

Lol kade, you made me laugh when I get to the part where she's 13. Your little girl loves you a lot! :)

Wait till she tastes the grain free alternative sweets you make! She'll be hooked!

• Like 1

*Level 3 Hobbit Adventurer*

Moomin 3 - Heart of an Adventurer

2 - Maintenance therapy 1- Keep charging ahead

"Life is akin to sailing against the current - forge ahead or be washed downstream" -- Ancient Chinese proverb

Wait till she tastes the grain free alternative sweets you make! She'll be hooked!

yeah my 13 year old son (who used to be the most insanely picky eater you ever could meet) has decided that he LOVES my new way of eating so much that I have to cook double... no more cooking for myself allowed :(

(I say that jokingly... because it's AWESOME that he loves my foods.... but when he steals my ABC pudding or my avocados... that I got for eating at work :( it's troublesome!!!)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Lol kade, you made me laugh when I get to the part where she's 13. Your little girl loves you a lot! :)

I make these nut truffles, with coconut and dates. She loves them!

Race: Half Elf/Human. Class: Wildling Ranger. Level: 3 STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 7 CON: 5 WIS: 3 CHA: 0 

MY FITNESS PAL LOG

I know this is "the worst part of working loosing weight", but I had to share this! My 17 year old son decided to start working out with me last night! He's on the other end of the spectrum from me: While the wife and I put on weight over the last 20 years, our kids have always been thin and robust. The Boy Child saw me doing decline pushups on the other day, tried one, and couldn't do it. So, he's decided to do something about it!

I'm really, really happy right now!

• Like 3

MY FITNESS PAL LOG