Maireaine's Battle Log

Here's my intro post.  I have some battle log catch up to do, as I didn't get around to it over the weekend.  I did write it down in a notebook though, so I won't have to try to do it from memory.

7/13/2013

Early rise to workout.

I was only able to do one circuit of the Beginner Body Weight routine.

Warm-Up

50 jumping jacks

Workout

20 squats

10 kneeling push-ups

20 lunges (each side)

11 dumbbell rows

15 second plank

30 jumping jacks

Push-ups are something I have always struggled with, I was barely able to do all ten on my knees.  I'm really going to work on those.

Meals

Only two meals today, but I think they were pretty good.

Brunch was two eggs with one piece of bacon and bowl of fresh fruit (peaches, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, kiwis.)

Dinner was a grilled chicken breast seasoned with rosemary and garlic and a heaping side of steamed broccoli, zuccini, and squash.  Also a salad with lemon juice instead of dressing.

No sodas/water only.  My weakness (OK, one of my weaknesses) is Pepsi, so I'm really proud of myself for not drinking one.

I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make the Paleo thing work.  Due to our current living situation, my husband and I don't have very much control over what gets cooked.  I know I'm going to have to make some concessions (e.g., can't afford grass-fed meat).  So, right now I'm just trying to increase vegetable intake and minimize grain intake.

7/14/2013

Not such a good day. 

Breakfast was the same as Saturday.  Two eggs, one piece of bacon, and a bowl of fruit.

Lunch was six meatballs with mashed potatoes and gravy.  (Potatoes are another weakness.  :neglected: ) I also had a can of Pepsi.

Dinner was pulled pork with a salad. 

I definitely could have done better.  I need to work on eating more vegetables.

Level 0 Halfling RangerSTR: 0| DEX: 0| STA: 0| CON: 0| WIS: 0| CHA: 0Introduction: Battle Log: ;Challenge #1: Challenge Group: Full Metal Penguins

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf the Grey

7/15/2013

Today could have definitely gone better. 

Meals

Cereal for breakfast. 

Some pulled pork and carrots for lunch. 

Dinner was chili (with beans) and a banana for dessert.

I also caved into the temptation of some Reese's Minis at work.  Not happy at all with my eating today.

Workout

The plan was to go for a walk/jog.  My hip was hurting a little too much for that, so I just did my PT. 

I'll make tomorrow a better day.

Level 0 Halfling RangerSTR: 0| DEX: 0| STA: 0| CON: 0| WIS: 0| CHA: 0Introduction: Battle Log: ;Challenge #1: Challenge Group: Full Metal Penguins

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." - Gandalf the Grey

7/16/2013

My meals today weren't all bad.  Eggs and bacon for breakfast and chili (with beans) for lunch and chili with a salad for dinner.  I also had a banana midmorning and an apple at about 4 p.m.  The beans aren't really agreeing with me, so I'm going to minimize eating those.  Three meals in two days was definitely two much beans.   :nonchalance:

As for my workout, my husband wants to try You Are Your Own Gym, so I'm going to do that with him.  Each exercises is done in ladders for 7 minutes.

Push ups (on knees):  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 4, 1 = 31 reps

Let Me Ins:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4 = 45 reps

Seated Dips:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3 = 30 reps

Lat Pulldowns (sub. for Let Me Ups):  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4 = 45 reps

I had to sub with pulldowns since we don't have a table or desk sturdy enough to do them all.  As soon as we get a pull-up bar, I may use that.

7/17/2013

Another day that could have gone better.  Toast for breakfast.  Lunch was some seasoned ground beef with chopped vegetables and some rice.  Dinner was breaded baked chicken, baked beans, and mac n' cheese.  I also had and mid-morning apple and an afternoon apple.

Confession:  I also gave in to a couple of cookies.  :neglected:

Once I started paying attention, it's kind of appalling how much grain is a part of my diet.  I'm really going to need to work on breaking out of the habit of scarfing down some cereal for breakfast or maybe some toast.  It's definitely going to take a bit more planning on my part.

Workout (all body weight)

Reverse lunges:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 = 28 reps

1 Leg Romanian Deadlifts:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 = 21 reps

Squats:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 7, 6 = 49 reps

Swimmers:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 = 28 reps

OK, time to go relax and (hopefully) get some sleep for a early morning walk/run.  First day of the Zombie, Run! 5k program.  So stoked! 

7/18/2013

I feel good today, despite my lack of sleep.  SleepBot decided to quit working, so I'm looking around for another sleep app (for Android).  If anyone has recommendations, let me know!  I slept pretty good until about 2 a.m., then I woke up about every 30 minutes.  Soooo....I didn't run this morning.  BUT!  I did this evening!  :-) 

Meals

I think I did good today.  Breakfast was two eggs and some crumbled bacon, and a banana midmorning.  For lunch I had chopped beef roast and steamed vegetables. Not as good reheated in a microwave, but definitely better than a prepackaged microwaved meal.  As usual, I had an apple in the afternoon. 

Workout

I did the first workout of the Zombies, Run! 5k.  I started once before, several months ago, and they apparently added a new starter mission.  Fun!  According to the app:

2.46 miles in 37:26 min -- 16 min/mi

I have it synced with Runkeeper, and Runkeeper's distance is different (2.32 miles).  I'm not really sure which is more accurate.

Oh, I took measurements earlier this week and forgot to post them.  (My husband wrote them down in centimeters for some reason.)

Weight:  121 lbs.

Bicep:  27 cm.

Waist:  82 cm.

Hips:  86.5 cm.

Thigh:  55 cm.

I'm going to try and take measurements on Saturday mornings.

I've been posting my challenge logs over on my challenge thread, but I think I'm going to move those here and just do quick summaries on the challenge thread.

Starting measurements:

Weight:  123 lbs.

Waist (at bellybutton):  30.9 inches

Thigh:  21.9 inches

Bicep:  10.7 inches

I forgot to measure my hips.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Today was a great start to the next six weeks!  I woke up early for my Zombies, Run! 5k workout -- 2.39 miles in 37:41 minutes.  I'm glad I got up this morning to do it because after the craziness at the office I really don't feel like doing anything.

Eggs with spinach and bacon for breakfast; banana mid-morning.

Seasoned chicken and beef fajita meat (with peppers and onions) and steamed broccoli, cauliflower and carrots for lunch.  I ate half an apple, but it was horrible (grainy and old tasting), so I didn't finish it.

Mid-afternoon I had some raw almonds for a snack even though I really really wanted a Milky Way.  I'm going to get some dark chocolate for when those chocolate cravings strike.

Will update after I eat dinner.

Dinner update:  Roasted chicken thigh (no skin, it was all soft and floppy and gross) and about 2 servings of green beans.  I avoided the temptation of corn-on-the-cob and potato salad.  Woo!

(Edited to include dinner).

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My early morning workout didn't happen as I didn't get nearly enough sleep to be able to get up at 5 a.m.  So after work workout it is! 

Breakfast:  two whole eggs with spinach (where has this been all my life?) and crumbled bacon

Snack:  a banana

Lunch:  the rest of the leftover fajita meat and about 3 servings of steamed broccoli and carrots.  (I picked out the baby corn.)

Snack:  sliced granny smith apple

Will update later with dinner and workout.  Hopefully I'll also have time to go read some other's challenges.

Update:  I actually didn't eat dinner.  I just wasn't hungry.  I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Workout:  

Half push-ups:     1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3               TOTAL=36

Let Me Ins:     1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2        TOTAL=63

Seated Dips:     1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1         TOTAL=51

Lat Pull Downs (@80 lbs):     1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5     TOTAL=71

Food/exercise-wise, this was a pretty good day.  But I've ended the day feeling frustrated and honestly, cranky.  My co-workers are being awesome with the change to Paleo.  They're holding me accountable, they've even brought some Paleo-friendly treats so I don't feel left out. Things aren't so good at home.  My mother-in-law bought a chocolate cake (a 6 lb. cake!!!) and all evening my in-laws were trying to get me to eat some.  I didn't, but it did leave my angry after an otherwise good day.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Didn't sleep well again last night.  (Note to self:  for next six-week challenge, make quality sleep a goal.)  I woke up at about 4:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I just got up and did today's workout.

Reverse Lunges:     1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 6                                                    TOTAL=34

1 Leg Romanian Deadlifts (w/ 10 lbs) :     1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1       TOTAL=36

Squats:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 8, 7, 6                                                      TOTAL=66

Swimmers:  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 7                                                             TOTAL=43

Plus!!!  I did my very first full push-up!  Just the one, but woo-hoo!  Followed by a set of 4 and a set of 3 half-pushups!  Progress!

Breakfast:  two eggs with spinach and crumbled bacon.  I'm not sure how much spinach, I just tossed in a handful.

Snack:  banana

Lunch:  grilled chicken breast with a whole bunch of green beans (canned).  I also had a square of Green & Black's 85% dark chocolate to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Snack:  sliced granny smith apple with a tablespoon of almond butter.  (Where has almond butter been my whole life?!  It's amazing!)

Dinner:  none, wasn't hungry

Pretty fantastic day so far, I think!  I'm going to make sure I stir-fry some vegetables tonight to take for lunch tomorrow.  

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Up early again for the start of week 2 in the Zombies, Run 5k program.  It ended up being a shorter distance than I expected; just 2.1 miles in 33:44 minutes.  I felt pretty good though and ended up jogging quite a bit of the ending free-form.

Breakfast:  two eggs, handful of spinach, and 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon

Snack:  banana

Lunch:  I ended up going on a little road trip with my boss to check out some of the new oil rigs and whatnot, so I ate out.  I had some beef brisket, coleslaw, and beans.  

Snack:  granny smith apple with almond butter

Since beans are non-Paleo, today is going to be one of my two allowed days to go off-track.  Tomorrow is going to be craaaaazy at work, so hopefully I'll be able to keep my momentum.  

Had a bit of a headache today, but I didn't drink as much water as usual.

Also!  My husband and I are going to see Wolverine tomorrow.  Woo!  With all honesty, I'll probably have a soda so...I'm going to have to be strong on Saturday and Sunday.

Friday, August 2, 2013

This really hasn't been a good day.  I tossed and turned all night, finally fell asleep sometime after 4.  Slept through my alarm clock and ended up scarfing down some cereal so I wouldn't be late for work.  Bad idea.  I've had a headache, which I think is partly exhaustion and partly the cereal.  I almost don't want to go to the movies, but it's really the only time we'll be able to.  I'm not seeing in SWTOR in my cards for tonight.

Breakfast:  cereal (boo!)

Snack:  banana and a handful of trail mix

Lunch:  pizza (boo!)

Snack:  apple and almond butter

Dinner:  ?? though I probably won't be hungry

I've already used the two days I've allowed myself for straying from Paleo.  I'll have to kill it this weekend.