BSG - Escaping Caprica!

So, my fellow ranger Katinka and I, were a little panicked by the fact there are two weeks of break before the next challenge begins!   Not wanting to risk getting sucked out of the airlock, we thought about running a little mini challenge to keep us motivated until things start up on the 29th!      They are not long term goals by any means, and most are meant to be tackled in a day or two, or within the two weeks that we are waiting for the next challenge.    Open to everyone, no number limit on who can tag along.   Just pop in, say hey and let us know you're joining the fleet by replying to this thread.    So let's keep the Vipers in the air and do this!

Grabbing onto a BSG theme, the setting is this:

The Cylons have just attacked the 12 colonies and the Galactica has jumped away from Caprica.    There are some survivors on Caprica still, but the place is crawling with Cylons.   The first part of the challenge reflects the escape that Helo and Caprica-Sharon are trying to make.    The second and third reflect Starbuck's mission to return to Caprica and retrieve the Arrow of Apollo.   (If folks have any other ideas to put up, we can add those as well!)

113_d.JPG

ESCAPING CAPRICA

“Avoiding the Cylons†:  You are stuck on Caprica with Helo.   He doesn’t know you’re a Cylon, and you’ve decided to pick your side.   Keep Helo safe by keeping him moving – don’t let the others find and catch you.

Keep moving!   Walk, run, bike – whatever mode of movement you favor, do it.   You cannot let the Cylons reach you.   It’s a long haul to get away from them, so don’t look back.  

• Walk at least 6 miles
  • Run at least 10 miles
  • Bike at least 25 miles

“A Hard Choice† :  Roslin has convinced you that the Arrow of Apollo is on Caprica, and that you must disobey the Commander and go back and retrieve it.

Pick a previous goal or challenge task, that you did not fully succeed on, and go back to do it again.This is your Arrow of Apollo!

“Fighting Number Six†: You have found the Arrow of Apollo but a Six is there to stop you.   It will be a brutal fight to overcome the Cylon’s strength and stamina, but the hope of finding Earth is in your hands.  Defend it!

Push yourself.   Pick a task, (physical, mental, or otherwise), and pick one day to push past your usual limits on this.   If you typically run 3 miles, run 4.  If you deadlift 100#, try to reach 125#.   Anything you’ve typically done, do it – but push yourself (safely) as much as you can.

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Awesome idea!  I am totally down!  I will choose the Biking 25+ miles for my goal, since I rarely do the bikes at the gym, this will be something new.   I will also pick my eating goal since I got a C and I am already 3 days in to a sugar/caffeine detox!.  Fighting #6 would be for me to actually go to the gym on at least 1 day on my weekends.  Normally I only hit the gym during the week before work.   Weekends I tend to be lazy!

Ooo, fantastic!!!  I'm going to borrow your workouts and apply them to my Escape the Cave challenge - I'm sure somewhere in a 300 mile cave you'd run into others trying to escape too, right?  So here's my plan:

- Walking 6+ miles before Thursday (this fits perfectly with my "Exercise 10 miles = 1 purchased coffee.  NO CHEATING!  I may get a coffee before Friday! Huzzah!)

- Do a formal training session with Bree (my dog) 3 times this week - Wednesday, Friday and Saturday

- On Wednesday, I'll do my Shovelglove workout twice (I love the shovelglove workout!!! But it is very tiring)

Heck yeah!  You two are amazing for creating this thread!

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

I'm in! Biking 25 miles, asleep before midnight, and doing a hero's effort on moving boxes out of the dining room.

Awesome plan with an awesome theme

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

This. This, so hard. I'm in, and I'm stupidly excited about it. I sunburned my feet yesterday, but I'm gonna do that 6 mile walk tomorrow.

• [*]Level 2 Gnome (short, tending to the round, good with science and craftiness... no brainer there) Ranger[*] [*]Strength (STR) - 4[*]Dexterity (DEX) - 2[*]Stamina (STA) - 5[*]Constitution (CON) - 4[*]Wisdom (WIS) - 6[*]Charisma (CHA) - 5

Challenges (in reverse chronological order, current to earlier)

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/34432-the-continuing-adventures-of-omhawk/http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30951-omhawk-is-looking-for-the-corn/

"Stay on target...."

Love this idea!! I was definitely jonesing for a new challenge to start before July 29!

Avoiding the Cylons: I will run 10 miles (for me that will be 3 5k runs, and I want to push my pace on each one).

A Hard Choice: the goal I struggled on this past challenge was cleaning up the homefront. I'm going to finish every single aspect of my bathroom reno project before the next challenge starts.

Fighting Number Six: I've been slowing down a bit with my lifting in the past few workouts as the PRs get harder to come by and the bar feels oh-so-heavy. I'm going to push myself for 1.1xBW deadlift, .9xBW squat, and .5xBW bench press before the challenge. I'm close on all of these, but I need some extra motivation to keep the spirit strong!

Thanks, Katinka and Starpuck!

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

Love it!  I'll keep track in my just finished challenge thread, but this is a great motivator for the two week break.

Avoid Cylons: I'm going to bike 25 miles

A Hard Choice: Limit sweets - going to try and make my 2x/week between now and then.

Fighting Number Six: I'm going to try and extend my long run from 3 miles to 4.

thanks  guys for putting this together!

FluffyRin  --  Ranger (Level 4)

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 4.5 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 6

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, Current

Wooohooo - thanks for joining in guys!   This is so exciting!!  Alright, I'll throw in my goals for this interim challenge too then.

1. Avoiding the Cylons:  Run 10 miles - (in 3.1 mil segments)
  2. A Hard Choice: Previously failed challenge was to draw.  Used to doodle, never got 'great' but was getting better.  So I will draw 2 things before the 29th!  (Hah, maybe I will try to draw one of Starbuck's paintings. Hehe.)
  3. Fighting #6:  Push for a 4 mile run.  Will have to be done on the indoor track due to heat and humidity, but aiming for this!

Keep checking in on the thread so we can support each other and see how things are going.   

SO SAY WE ALL!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Ooo, fantastic!!!  I'm going to borrow your workouts and apply them to my Escape the Cave challenge - I'm sure somewhere in a 300 mile cave you'd run into others trying to escape too, right?  So here's my plan:

- Walking 6+ miles before Thursday (this fits perfectly with my "Exercise 10 miles = 1 purchased coffee.  NO CHEATING!  I may get a coffee before Friday! Huzzah!)

- Do a formal training session with Bree (my dog) 3 times this week - Wednesday, Friday and Saturday

- On Wednesday, I'll do my Shovelglove workout twice (I love the shovelglove workout!!! But it is very tiring)

Heck yeah!  You two are amazing for creating this thread!

Hey!  I used to do the shovelglove workout!!!    I loved how it just felt so ... strong and grr while doing it!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm down for this!!

Avoid Cylons: run 10 miles each week

A Hard Choice: The only thing I didn't really do well in my last challenge was something that did not work for me (meditation) so I'll try something along the thought process and maybe try to get a daily journal going - just to try to relax and tune out the world for a moment :)

Fighting Number Six: currently doing a running program to increase my stamina again so increase my running by 1/2 a mile each week

Awesome, Starpuck and Katinka!  Thanks for doing this.

Goal 1: Bike 25 miles.  Will get me motivated to get my bike cleaned up and out, it's sitting in the garage feeling lonely.

Goal 2: yardwork 2 hours/week.  Failed this miserably in my challenge.  Motivation, woot!

Goal 3: 8 assisted pullups.  I can currently do 2 or 3. By assisted I mean standing with my feet flat on the floor.  This puts the bar about 10-12 inches over my head.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Challenge 1 Challenge 2 Challenge 3 Challenge 4 Challenge 5 Challenge 6

Fitbit MyFitnessPal Battle Log

Yeah! This is great!

Goal 1: Walk 6+ miles. Time and add weight consistent with wildland firefighting "Red Card" standards to establish a training benchmark for myself in the next challenge.

Goal 2: Redeem my miserable fiddling failure from this past challenge - scaled to eleven days - 16 hours of focused violin practice.

Goal 3: Mac has inspired me to tackle my longstanding household deficiencies. (Plus it will also be good "kittenproofing!") I will finish decluttering, organizing and cleaning my office, bedroom, and guest bedroom during the between-challenge break.

Thanks Starpuck and Katinka!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

The bad: I haven't even had time to craft a introductory post. 

The good: This mini-challenge! I just can't help but join up! Yes, then I'll go put together an intro. 

Goal 1: Run (at least) 10 miles/Walk (at least) 6 miles. I just downloaded the 'Zombies, Run!' app and will be starting that tomorrow (I've done a 'couch25K' before. But this one has zombies!). If I do this 2-3/week until the 29th, I think that I'll be well within having run 10miles/Walked 6 miles. 

Goal 2: As I'm new here and have yet to do a full 6 week challenge, I've got nothing there. I have, however, been 'more or less' following Primal for about a year and a half. Though, not always strict and it's the sweets and convenient wheat-based snacks that get to me (i.e. it's pre-dinner and husband offers me some pretzels or some such). So, my goal will be no sweets unless it's really worth it; i.e. awesome dark chocolate (which is hard to binge on, at least for me) and no mindless snacking on wheat-products. Or any wheat products for that matter. 

Goal 3: This one will rollover into my 6 week challenge for sure, for now though, I will push myself 2 days a week to write and 'stay at my computer' longer than I normally do at a minimum of an extra half-page and/or 15min (whichever produces the most). You see, I'm a PhD student with some looming deadlines and I really need to push myself until mid-October to get things done. However, I don't want to burn myself out and make a goal of spending an extra 3 hours at the computer/writing every day of the week. I'll start small here, then roll it over into my 6 week challenge and go from there. 

Thanks Starpuck and Katinka! This is pretty awesome, I'm a big fan of BSG and Starbuck. Now, about that intro post...

A Level 3 Wood Elf Finding Her Way

“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.†William G.T. Shedd

My People  :livid:

Current Challenge: Taking Time

Love this idea!! I was definitely jonesing for a new challenge to start before July 29!

Avoiding the Cylons: I will run 10 miles (for me that will be 3 5k runs, and I want to push my pace on each one).

A Hard Choice: the goal I struggled on this past challenge was cleaning up the homefront. I'm going to finish every single aspect of my bathroom reno project before the next challenge starts.

Fighting Number Six: I've been slowing down a bit with my lifting in the past few workouts as the PRs get harder to come by and the bar feels oh-so-heavy. I'm going to push myself for 1.1xBW deadlift, .9xBW squat, and .5xBW bench press before the challenge. I'm close on all of these, but I need some extra motivation to keep the spirit strong!

Thanks, Katinka and Starpuck!

Started in on my 10 mile goal. I was aiming for a 5k today, but I think I overdid it in on the "push my pace" part, and ran out of gas. Stopped at 2.5 miles and walked the rest. Still, 1/4 of the way there!

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

Ok, here's what I picked:

1. Avoiding the Cylons: Run at least 10 miles (likely 3 3-mile runs, plus a 1 mile run). Should be interesting since we're in a crazy heat wave. I may go back to running in the morning before work.

2. A Hard Choice: 7 days of Paleo. This Sunday through Saturday, I'm committing to no grains, no dairy, no processed crap. Should be interesting. I've done this for 30 days before, I can do it for 7 days now ("All of this has happened before, and it will happen again", lol)

3. Fighting #6: One double workout - a full cardio and a full strength workout (not necessarily straight through). I've really wanted to do one of these, but have had trouble working up the courage.  An easy way might be to do 2 classes so I don't have to keep my own momentum going - possibly getting up early Saturday to take a body pump class, than stay on for Zumba.

Ok, big update for me here today!

2. A Hard Choice: Previously failed challenge was to draw.  Used to doodle, never got 'great' but was getting better.  So I will draw 2 things before the 29th!  (Hah, maybe I will try to draw one of Starbuck's paintings. Hehe.)
  3. Fighting #6:  Push for a 4 mile run.  Will have to be done on the indoor track due to heat and humidity, but aiming for this!
  • On #1 -  7.13 total miles so far.
  • On #2 - Haven't picked up a pencil yet!   But there is time.
  • On #3 - This is the most exciting one of all.   RAN 4.08 MILES today!

I was at the indoor track today, and just felt pretty good.   I got through my three miles and noticed I had my best pace ever as I finished 3.05 miles in 30:14 seconds!   I was like, OH SNAP!  That's my 10 minute mile dream!  I looked at the clock and said, I am gonna get my 4 mile run in.  Right now.  Today.   No excuses.  So I kept going.    I stopped at 48 laps!   (11.75 laps/mile on this track).  I RAN 4 miles straight!   But not only did I run 4 miles straight, but I finished with a time of 39:44.   I ran 4 miles at a 9:58 pace!    I definitely am counting this as a total success on #3!  I pushed myself in distance AND pace!   I am totally soaring right now!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

I was at the indoor track today, and just felt pretty good.   I got through my three miles and noticed I had my best pace ever as I finished 3.05 miles in 30:14 seconds!   I was like, OH SNAP!  That's my 10 minute mile dream!  I looked at the clock and said, I am gonna get my 4 mile run in.  Right now.  Today.   No excuses.  So I kept going.    I stopped at 48 laps!   (11.75 laps/mile on this track).  I RAN 4 miles straight!   But not only did I run 4 miles straight, but I finished with a time of 39:44.   I ran 4 miles at a 9:58 pace!    I definitely am counting this as a total success on #3!  I pushed myself in distance AND pace!   I am totally soaring right now!

Congrats, Starpuck!  That's a big win in "Fighting No. 6" - way to go!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Hey!  I used to do the shovelglove workout!!!    I loved how it just felt so ... strong and grr while doing it!

Yep, that's exactly why I love it too!  Plus the workout I have for it is 14 minutes, which I love when I'm feeling like I have too much to do.

As for progress, 4 miles walked, 1 of 3 training session completed (must be done by Monday) and 0 shovelglove workouts.  (Warning: crappy excuse ahead) I've been super exhausted so have been unmotivated.  Blargh.  I haven't even written up my superhero/kryptonite exercise yet, and I was super excited for that 4 days ago.  Someone want to come to my house and squirt water in my face until I accomplish one or more of the above?

Scratch that - shovelglove workout completed.  Back and shoulder muscles pleasantly tired, mostly likely going to be sore tomorrow.  I got tired of my own excuses.

Level 5 Lizardfolk: Assassin STR - 4, DEX - 3, STA - 5, CON -4, WIS - 20, CHA - 12

"You want to know the difference between a master and a beginner? The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried."

Current Challenge: "Idealistinfire's 2% Improvement Plan"     Battle Log: "Idealistinfire Battle's Saboteur's Spawn"                                

Epic Quest: No fancy name yet

I RAN 4 miles straight!   But not only did I run 4 miles straight, but I finished with a time of 39:44.   I ran 4 miles at a 9:58 pace!    I definitely am counting this as a total success on #3!  I pushed myself in distance AND pace!   I am totally soaring right now!

Go you! That is awesome and fast! :) I am very impressed.

Aussie Bush Ranger - Training with the Monks

'I'll fight but not surrender', cried the wild colonial... GRRL!

Project 365 - Becoming BatGirl

Current Challenge

Great job everyone! I'm super impressed at how motivated you've all been coming right off of the last challenge! I've been sick this week so I haven't done much, but I'm hoping to run my first mile towards my running goal tonight, then try for my double strength/cardio workout in the morning. Keep up the great work!

Hurray for everyone! 

I will have walked 4mi so far between today and yesterday, haven't gotten to running yet as it's been so beastly hot (how have you folks been beating the heat?). I'm visiting my husband in PA (he's American, I'm a Canuck; what can I say, I don't do well with the heat ;), and the heat is supposed to lift on Sunday - I'll be heading out then. 

I'm still keeping active it in the meantime (did 30min of flow yoga yesterday and my arms were jello afterward). Today though, is where I 'Beat #6' doing something I didn't plan on in my initial 'challenge 3'; but when I hit my edge I thought of this challenge. Twice a week I do a 55min kettlebell workout (KB is 20lbs, I use the 'IronCore Kettlebell' DVD set) and it's broken up into 3 circuits. Quite often, by the time I get about half way through the 2nd circuit, my body and brain are conspiring to 'throw it in' at the end of the 2nd, that it's 'good enough'/it's better than nothing. Some days it is, if I'm feeling sore and/or so tired that I can't keep form. Some days though, it's just being whiney. This time, after a week off (makes it even more difficult) I dug deep to beat that Caprica Six and finished the entire 55min. I am one sweaty and tired/sore mess (tomorrow will be worse!), but I did it and feel awesome. Tired, but awesome. I stretched out, rested, had a quick rinse in the shower, ate a 4-egg omelette with some canned salmon (whole, bones and all. Yum!) and salsa in it. And now I'm going to go walk two miles (roundtrip) to go to the grocery store. 

A Level 3 Wood Elf Finding Her Way

“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.†William G.T. Shedd

My People  :livid:

Current Challenge: Taking Time

Awesome job, Starpuck!

Yep, that's exactly why I love it too!  Plus the workout I have for it is 14 minutes, which I love when I'm feeling like I have too much to do.

As for progress, 4 miles walked, 1 of 3 training session completed (must be done by Monday) and 0 shovelglove workouts.  (Warning: crappy excuse ahead) I've been super exhausted so have been unmotivated.  Blargh.  I haven't even written up my superhero/kryptonite exercise yet, and I was super excited for that 4 days ago.  Someone want to come to my house and squirt water in my face until I accomplish one or more of the above?

Scratch that - shovelglove workout completed.  Back and shoulder muscles pleasantly tired, mostly likely going to be sore tomorrow.  I got tired of my own excuses.

You did it!  And get started on that superhero/kryptonite exercise.  I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Awesome, Starpuck and Katinka!  Thanks for doing this.

Goal 1: Bike 25 miles.  Will get me motivated to get my bike cleaned up and out, it's sitting in the garage feeling lonely.

Goal 2: yardwork 2 hours/week.  Failed this miserably in my challenge.  Motivation, woot!

Goal 3: 8 assisted pullups.  I can currently do 2 or 3. By assisted I mean standing with my feet flat on the floor.  This puts the bar about 10-12 inches over my head.

So far - 2.4 miles on bike.  Yay, it is no longer languishing in the garage.  Had to stop tho - front tire has slow leak, and I could hear all sorts of things rubbing.  Poor bike is going in for a tune up Saturday.  No yardwork yet, best done on weekends.  I got up to 4.5 asst pullups yesterday!  making progress.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Level 6 Ranger. Level 1 Monk. STR 11.5, DEX 5.5, STA 11, CON 14.5, WIS 15, CHA 12.5

Hurray for everyone! 

I will have walked 4mi so far between today and yesterday, haven't gotten to running yet as it's been so beastly hot (how have you folks been beating the heat?). I'm visiting my husband in PA (he's American, I'm a Canuck; what can I say, I don't do well with the heat ;), and the heat is supposed to lift on Sunday - I'll be heading out then. 

I'm still keeping active it in the meantime (did 30min of flow yoga yesterday and my arms were jello afterward). Today though, is where I 'Beat #6' doing something I didn't plan on in my initial 'challenge 3'; but when I hit my edge I thought of this challenge. Twice a week I do a 55min kettlebell workout (KB is 20lbs, I use the 'IronCore Kettlebell' DVD set) and it's broken up into 3 circuits. Quite often, by the time I get about half way through the 2nd circuit, my body and brain are conspiring to 'throw it in' at the end of the 2nd, that it's 'good enough'/it's better than nothing. Some days it is, if I'm feeling sore and/or so tired that I can't keep form. Some days though, it's just being whiney. This time, after a week off (makes it even more difficult) I dug deep to beat that Caprica Six and finished the entire 55min. I am one sweaty and tired/sore mess (tomorrow will be worse!), but I did it and feel awesome. Tired, but awesome. I stretched out, rested, had a quick rinse in the shower, ate a 4-egg omelette with some canned salmon (whole, bones and all. Yum!) and salsa in it. And now I'm going to go walk two miles (roundtrip) to go to the grocery store. 

Awesome job conquering the kettlebell slump.  You rock!  As far as the heat goes - lots of water, and I try to get up and get out the door before 8am.  Doesn't always work though, I hate mornings.  Sometimes I'll go at night after the sun sets, it's still hot, but at least the sun's not beating on me.

TANSTAAFL - Heinlein

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines