Deadlift brings realization

Today, I did deadlifts with 70lb dumbbells. It was somewhere right before the 2nd set that I realized... I am lifting the amount of weight that I've lost to date (well, a couple pounds shy of it, but still). I almost cried, wondering how I carried that weight around for so long and how I feel so much better now. It inspired me to push hard on my workout and do a fantabulous job!

STR 5 * DEX 5.5 * STA 12.5 * CON 7.75 * WIS 7.75 * CHA 3

My Fitness Pal

this is amazing. AMAZING.

someone said to me once something that kind of stuck:

for every pound of fat you lose, imagine that as a pound of butter smeared all over your body.

its so weird to visualize it as actual objects.

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

That's an amazing realization, and definitely puts into perspective the work you've done. That's SEVEN bags of potatoes from the grocery store. That's almost two large bags of cat litter! I'm very impressed.

I'm gonna avoid commentary regarding Spezzy's pound of butter imagery...

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki

just yesterday i worked up to my best (for reps) deadlift 135kg, 4 reps (about 297.6lbs) form was a bit off but i was a bit tired (workout before a night shift :D) and my training buddy whose only been training a few months and could hardly lift an Olympic bar when he started has easily blasted his bodyweight now (did 80kg for 3 reps) and he absolutely loves the fact that he can do that, he never shuts up about it when we're training so yh deadlifts are BEASTY GOOD

I'm gonna avoid commentary regarding Spezzy's pound of butter imagery...

yes, SO GROSS. but i mean, it is essentially a pound of fat, right? :)

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

yes, SO GROSS. but i mean, it is essentially a pound of fat, right? :)

I was headed more toward co-ed buttered Twister games ;) but it's still messy and kinda gross

I read a study once that said doing ANYTHING in the gym is more anabolic than doing NOTHING sitting in front of the computer.

~Chris Shugart @ T-nation

Iron is full of impurities that weaken it: through forging, it becomes steel and is

transformed into a razor-sharp sword. Human beings develop in the same fashion.

~Morihei Ueshiba

Favorites:

* Robb Wolf Podcast #68- Matt Lalonde vs gluten (<-transcript)

*Documentary: Fat Head

*NF blog:Most Inspirational 20 Minutes

*Starting Strength Wiki