I took a picture of myself...on purpose!

You know you're on the right roll, and not the jelly roll, when you take a "selfie" and post it, right?  This morning, I was feeling smug and decided to take a self portrait in my large living room mirror and was AMAZED at what looked back at me.  Normally, I'm the strong feminist nerd.  I majored in Gender Studies and am quick to spout off "body love" and "self appreciation" quotes with the best of them.  But, let's face it, you know when you're not healthy despite what weight you are.  When you don't feel like the optimal you, there is no body love because you're not showing your body love and therefore it does not love you back.  Well, today, she loved me back folks.  I'm feeling the effect of Whole30, being paleo, kicking ass in the gym and moving my sorry butt more in general.  I'm happy.  I'm less round.  I'm down 20 lbs and life rocks!  

So, rock on rebellion!  Today kicks ass!  And if your day didn't kick ass, just wait, it will soon.  Promise.

tumblr_mq2w4xHr3c1rl97uho1_500.jpg

You rocked it!!!! Keep up the great work- and continue to be an inspiration to the rest of us nerds!

Level 1 Druid Sea-Elf

Battle Log:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50159-back-at-nerd-fitness-but-i-can-no-longer-see-my-toes/?p=1094367

"The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesan

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid." -Albert Einstein

Absolutely fabulous! How long have you been at it?

Keep up the great work and keep us posted.

love & peace,

Heidi

&Heidi

Spoiler

Gypsy Druid  Level 12 Philosopher and level 11 Librarian (built on the Monk class, with a training path in The Way of the Cobalt Soul)

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | :: 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 |

Shaman: 82 | 83 | 84

Philosopher-Librarian 85 |:: 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) Let's catch up: https://calendly.com/loveandpeace

Well done, your pics look fantastic, great progress - and I LOVE your hair.

I'm a feminist / gender studies type too, and I find that the whole 'exercising while feminist' thing throws up a whole bunch of issues... it's like there's a stigma around looking after your body... and god help you if you want to lose weight... you must be a slave to the patriarchy! 

I struggled with that for a while, but the more into fitness and healthy eating I get, the better I feel. So now I don't care if I'm seen as 'selling out' because I look after myself. Ain't nothin anti-feminist about being strong, fast, confident and powerful. Keep rocking on :D

Huntress

Current challenge - Rebels - Huntress lays the foundations

"The effort yields its own rewards"  - Data, Star Trek: TNG.

Thanks everyone!  It's been a combo of paleo/whole30/old fashioned butt busting in the gym.  If I can do this, so can all of you.  Keep it up awesome folks!

Huntress - I can totally relate to that.  Although I always loved that so many of the Feminist icons who preach body love have small, tight bodies themselves.  

This kicks ass! I know how you feel. I did a HUGE fundraiser that showed REAL women, big/small/older/younger/etc, unairbrushed, and naked. I was literally the postergirl for loving your body, regardless of the shape, and I still stand by that. But the thing is, loving your body is just the first step. Once you've got that down, you need to know that the next step is taking good care of it, right? 

p.s. I shaved my head twice for the project, and each time it grew back, I cut it like yours. It's awesome!

Current Challenge Goals:

1. Workout 3x/week || 2. Eat Primally when at Home || 3. Make the Bed 

Daily Battle Log 

My Accountabilihomies: DISTRICT 12

Food I Make

You look wonderful.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with loving your body. Its the only one you've got, and many of us are lucky to have survived all we did. Our bodies carry the scars of what the universe has thrown at it, and for those of us who are choosing to exercise and try to eat better and make our bodies the best and strongest versions of themselves, there's nothing anti-feminism about that.  

Some people will choose the path of self-love and accept their circumstances. And that's ok, too. Its their body, their life, their choice. You aren't a sell out for choosing a different path.  Its what feminism is all about - each one of us gets the right to choose.

So WOOT to you!

Xeph Ranger

Misu gets good at getting out of fire - My very first challenge!

Full Metal Penguins - Because I need backup

Battle Log - Proof I can dodge walls of fire

"What happens to you doesn't define you - how you react does."

Awesome! I'm doing Whole30 right now so I know exactly how much work goes into that - keep on keepin' on! 

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford