Quadrupedal Movement

Ah heck yeah! QM!

I train QM every time I parkour. I like to challenge myself and balance on the top of the rock walls at my apartments. There's one that's at an incline and I like to crawl down and then go backwards... it really hits your core and coordination!

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Class: Vigilante/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 178#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Gotham Project Pt. 2

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

What Ryan said! And as another fellow Ryan, I most certainly and absolutely approve his message ;)

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Spoiler

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

i used to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and some of our warmups were Bear Crawls and Crocodile Walks. i believe these are different than standard QM because, in Bear Crawls, all of your appendages are stiff, and in Crocodile Walks, you shift your weight drastically from side to side.

who can confirm and/or dispute this?

Hans BraggartSideshow Freak AssassinSTR 8 | DEX 3 | STA 8 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 3You should check out my press kit here - http://goo.gl/1PA5W

I definitely think that bear crawls and croc walks fall under the QM category cuz it's still a specific movement on all fours. It's like the gorilla run, or monkey run, it's not a typical QM move, but it still hits the same muscle groups when being worked. I love using all the animal movements, makes for one killer workout!

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Spoiler

I love QM. I actually try to use it in everyday situations. Like I've made myself a rule at home that I never go up and down my stairs on just my feet.

LOL.. now I don't feel so weird.. sometimes I love pouncing up the stairs on all fours like I'm a cougar or a panther going up. Gets you up there pretty fast too and silent.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Yay for quadrupedal! I didn't know the acronym :) QM is a pretty good one...definitely a staple of training. In the last two years people have been doing incredible contact work (butt or whatevs) which blends nicely with QM. E.g.:

Woah O:

RANGER LV. 1 STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3 |

Intro | 1st Challenge | Fitocracy

1RM (lbs) SQT 225 | DL 245 | DB BP 70 | OHP 100 | FSQT 191 | C&J 152 | 5k 20'00"

I think I'm gonna implement some QM into my Parkour basics I've started in this challenge! Thanks for the tips guys. On a side not...CthulianDreams....best name ever!! I have a Cthulu/Kraken hybrid tattoo on my forearm!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

JakSavage

Level 2 Half-Dragon Ranger

STR:6 DEX:5 STA:5 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA:3

All your specs are belong to us!