Who wants to eat to perform?

So I haven't been able to make it to the last few meetups, so I think it's time to organize something myself.  Anyone in the Boston area up for doing an all you can eat night?

There is the good ole standby of Fire & Ice, or even better in my opinion is the all you can eat sushi buffet at Pan Asia Restaurant in the south end.  Was thinking the weekend of August 9th, but feel free to suggest dates that work best and I'll try to sort through them to get the most people we can there.

Look forward to seeing some nerds soon!

LVL 3: Zoran Warrior

STR:9 | DEX:5 | STA:10 | CON:5 | WIS:12.75 | CHA:9

Current Challenge: Not Really A 6 Week Challenge Challenge

Previous Challenges: 1st2nd

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

If there's any interest in doing something during the week, I'll be there for work early on the week of August 4th and again during the week of the 11th.

"Did you go to the gym when you were alive?"
"I died in 1938. For exercise, we drank sloe gin and smoked Lucky Strikes."
- Dead Like Me

I live in Medford and can easily hop a bus to meet up with people almost whenever. I can't do August 10th though because of a prior commitment. But besides that, my calendar is pretty much open.

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Anyone interested in doing this on a Sunday night? How about August 11th?

I'll start bugging people via Facebook/PM sometime this week so post here if you'd like to be included.

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. Good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."

I think Corey is in town in a few weeks, you should check with him. We might be able to shut down a buffet.

The earliest planned is in September, so we'll see.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I guess we will have to do this again in September then, no reason we can't shut down two buffets...

I think I'm free on the 11th, so far. Just as long as it's early enough... I legit go to sleep at like 7 on Sundays :/

Ditto. As long as its not at noon or midnight, I should be okay to meet up with you guys. My only thing to deal with Sundays is a few classes at my dojo in the early afternoon.

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

And now I can't make it, either, as this guy and his band are playing a free show in Springfield tonight that I'm attending...

VERY excited about this, as I've been listening to his work since 1990 when my parents came back from a trip to New Orleans with

several of his albums in tow. If it were Saturday, I'd have to be back in western MA by 6 pm, as I have plans with my best friend and several other people that night.

Drat. I'd love to make my way east for a meetup sometime.

Bugger. I miss today and Saturday. Oh well, the round.