[JessOfAllTrades] Year of N7 Training

So managed to get a cardio day in on Monday, but am otherwise utterly exhausted and having trouble getting myself to the gym.

I've been tracking food ferociously this week, and I think yesterday and today my calories have been a little too low. Considering I've been eating like crap and not watching how much I ate recently, my body is probably wondering where the excess energy has gone and I'm adjusting.

Might get there tomorrow, depending on how late our winter concert goes. Especially since Friday is out due to Star Wars. :)

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

"“You've seen my descent, now watch my rising." ~ Rumi

So despite being utterly exhausted, I got another session in Thursday. It was a basic cardio/bodyweight session, but happy I did it.

Also, calorie counting and tracking has been much easier with the fitbit and MFP synced. I put food into MFP, and fitbit tells me how I'm doing with my calorie budget. Despite being on the slowest weightloss setting, I've actually been consistently below my deficit everyday except Friday night. Because date night + Star Wars movie. We splurged on sushi, some booze, and a dessert. Worth it.

Now I just need to stay on track because I'm visiting friends tonight in PA. I'm planning to get a lifting session in this morning before I go, and hope to watch my food a bit more carefully than I did yesterday.

• Like 2

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

Today's lifting session: Not spectacular. I definitely felt some weakness, most likely due to my calorie-intake, so I need to be more mindful of hitting my target, rather than aiming to be under budget.

Warm-up: Elliptical: 12 minutes (intervals - probably way too much for a simple warm-up)

Squats:

45 x 5

65 x 5

85 x 3

100 x 1

105 x 5 x 3! (still moving on up)

Deadlift:

55 x 5

95 x 5

115 x 5

135 x 3

145 x 3

155 x 2 (failed on 3)

So all of the benches were taken when I went to go do bench, so I hit DLs first WHICH WAS A TERRIBLE IDEA. I also think I did too much in regards to warm-up sets, so I was pooped by my working set of 155, hence the fail. At that point I felt like I was just kind of done in general, so I left since I was at an hour for gym time.

Getting back into the swing of things, slowly but surely. Now it's time for lunch, some more self-care, and off to PA to see some of my favorite college friends!

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

Sick again. Definitely have the same kind of awful cold I had at the beginning of the month. Just in time for break and the holidays, no?

I'm planning to hold off on the gym until tomorrow, but I did get my travel pass so I can use the Gold's near my parents place. So at least the intention was there, right?

The good news is my calories have been staying well contained minus some fun on the weekend. Which was well worth it, because I got to see people I love. Who also just got engaged, which is wonderful news.

Now I'm done with work, sitting here trying to get my life together so I can get on the road. Star Wars take 2 tonight with my sister and brother-in-law and home friends.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

So I totally allowed myself some breathing room over break. The gym did not happen because the closest location was over 30 minutes away from my Mom and Dad's place. Across state lines. With a toll. Nope.

So I did a lot of vegging. I mostly watched what I ate, but damn did my step count plummet. I'm back in MD now, and after an awesome 4th anniversary with my partner, it's time to get back to it.

Gym today. 

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

Last workout of 2015!

Elliptical: 10 minutes

Squats: 45x5, 65x5, 85x3, 95x1, 105x5. 110x5x2! (I wrongfully assumed that 110 would be too heavy since I haven't lifted for awhile. This was a good surprise!)

OHP: 20x5, 30x5, 40x3, 50x5x3

Rows: 20x5, 30x5, 60x5x3

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

30 Days to 30!

Today is April 21st. On May 21st I will enter my third decade of awesome. To make way to 30, I plan to post one thing a day that makes me happy and/or smile or is a general awesome moment.

April 21st: I wore my skinny black jeans to work today and rocked them. I waste so much energy on being unhappy with my body, so today was a big f you to that and I look wonderful. I usually only wear these pants when I can tuck them into boots, but today it's just ballet flats. And it's great!

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

April 22nd: So my weight is finally moving in the direction I would like to see (downward). It's nice to see it finally shift after what feels like weeks of calorie-counting. Now I still need to do better (and get back into it more seriously), but this is good incentive. Also, must get more exercise in besides tons and tons of walking.

But yeah, down to 161. Might hit my first goal by my birthday (155-158 range).

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

April 26th: I voted in our primary! I'm thankful for being able to vote thanks to some bad ass women who fought for the right. I represented with my very feminist t-shirt that reads "A woman's place is in the house and senate" and got lots of compliments from the ladies managing the voting site. 

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

Okay, I'm a little behind. Let's work backwards.

May 2: I found out something at work today that was initially distressing, but upon reflection is rather freeing. One of the main reasons I have not looked for another job will not be at my school next year. Which means now nothing is keeping me from exploring new options and/or locations. And that is rather freeing.

May 1: THANK GOD FOR SHOWERS AND BEDS. After a weekend of camping in the cold, wet weather, I have never been happier to come home to modern convenience.

April 30th: Had a blast wandering around a fairy festival performing commedia del arte. This is real life.

April 29th: Personal day from work with no guilt! <3

April 28th: Today was incredibly busy, but a reminder about why I do the job I do.

April 27th: Love my partner for his support when I'm having a bad day and need to vent.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

On 4/25/2016 at 0:57 PM, JessOfAllTrades said:

April 24th: Happy to have finally hit the gym and enjoyed a beautiful day weather-wise!

Squats: 65x6, 85x5, 90x3, 95x5x3

Deadlifts: 55x5, 95x5, 115x3, 155x2

Walk: 3.4 miles

<3 I somehow never subbed to this! I'm happy for all these good things, especially the personal day with no guilt. Hard to do, yo.

Intro Post :: Battle Log

Challenges: 1 :: 2 :: 3 :: 4 :: Current

May 3rd: Still feeling uncertain about what next year will bring, but at least I had a lovely evening with netflix and my partner. 

May 4th: Finally got back to the library to pick up some new books - need to catch up on my reading challenge. Re-reading an old, lovely series and finished the first book right away. Also made dinner and did some bodyweight workouts at the gym.

May 5th: Some days my whole to-do list gets thrown out the window when a student is in crisis. While it was tough emotionally to be there for that student the whole day, I think he is finally getting the help he needs and his parent understands. Again, why I do my job.

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

May 6th: I'm glad I have friends I can speak openly with about depression, whether they are sharing with me or I am sharing with them. It's really lovely to have such thoughtful people in my life.

May 7th: Yeah, I know, the day has barely started, but it's going to be a good one. I have my coffee, the sun is out (finally), I'm in my gym clothes about to go, and I get to see family and Civil War at Alamo Drafthouse. It's going to be a great day.

Also, my weight is still moving in the right direction. I'm about to break into the 150s. I'm on point to meet my goal for being between 155-158 at my birthday. Also, hello two weeks to 30!

• Like 1

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

May 16th: I may not enjoy cleaning, but I do understand how it can be therapeutic in some cases. And the apartment is starting to look almost guest-acceptable.

May 15th: Thankful for a lovely day off with my partner, even if we did a bunch of chores and errands.

May 14th: One week to go! Got some time in with my niece (who is growing far too quickly) and family.

May 13th: Left work early, came home and read books.

May 12th: I'm thankful for delicious Whole Foods fried avocado tacos. Because it was sorely needed.

May 11th:Truth be told I really do not remember what I was doing, but I'm sure I was reading once I got home. 

May 10th: Books, books, books. Yay for library trips.

May 9th: Gym and books.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter

May 20th: I'm thankful for wonderful coworkers and people who have my back during moments where I an uncertain or scared

Also, one more day to go to 30!

May 19th: I love supporting my band and choir kids. It makes me happy to see them love what they do and be awesome at it, since band and choir were also important to me.

May 18th: Even when I am feeling at my lowest at work, it's nice to know my passion isn't gone. Counselor meetings are good for that.

May 17th: I am looking forward to a challenging role with my acting troupe, even if I'm not sure what my long term plans are in that regard.

Storytelling Rebel
| Blog | Twitter