Druids Lodge!

Sunmage

I think I like the new format - unfortunately for me, it means I sit out this challenge. My focus this go-round is on what Steve would call my Epic Quest of Awesome, and what others would call checking items off the bucket list. My family will be executing the vacation we started planning two challenges ago and will be traveling for 3 weeks. This means that all my goals for the next 6 weeks are life-quest/travel related. I can't think of a single diet/fitness goal I want to commit to for the next 6 weeks if half of that time will be spent in more hedonistic pursuits. 

We're going to be plenty active - lots of walking and exploring. I just don't want to commit to an exercise regimen while on vacation. I am going to eat the gelato in Venice. There are pastries in Austrian and German cafes with my name on them. I will eat Swiss chocolate for breakfast. It is likely that the Patagonia shorts will no longer fit when I get back home. Does that make me a bad rebel?

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10
STR 15 | DEX 19 | STA 18 | CON 16 | WIS 22 | CHA 20
Current Challenge: Focuses on Fitness 

Old Challenges 1110 9 876543, 2, 1

Oh man, the one place in Europe I've been is Italy, and the pasta and gelato is just... Sigh. It's even better than you think it's going to be! So no judgement from me! :)

I think as long as it is choice you have made then you're fine. My understanding if a bad rebel would be someone that moves blindly through life, not questioning everything.

Though why not bend the rules slightly and set goals for the parts of the challenge when you are home?

Level 4

Wood Elf Assassin

STR: 12| DEX: 2| STA: 2| CON: 7.75| WIS: 9| CHA: 5|

Current challenge:

Life goals are totally ok. They are just not mentioned.

Chanda and spezzy disvussed this...

It would be awesome if you stay and give us some awesome reports....

Where in Germany will you be?

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

I think I like the new format - unfortunately for me, it means I sit out this challenge. My focus this go-round is on what Steve would call my Epic Quest of Awesome, and what others would call checking items off the bucket list. My family will be executing the vacation we started planning two challenges ago and will be traveling for 3 weeks. This means that all my goals for the next 6 weeks are life-quest/travel related. I can't think of a single diet/fitness goal I want to commit to for the next 6 weeks if half of that time will be spent in more hedonistic pursuits. 

We're going to be plenty active - lots of walking and exploring. I just don't want to commit to an exercise regimen while on vacation. I am going to eat the gelato in Venice. There are pastries in Austrian and German cafes with my name on them. I will eat Swiss chocolate for breakfast. It is likely that the Patagonia shorts will no longer fit when I get back home. Does that make me a bad rebel?

Weellll......no!

Enjoying life is what it's all about - right?!

Your vacation sounds fantastic. Have fun!!!!

I have chosen to believe in myself.

That sounds amazing! Have a great trip! :)

Hufflepug
Level 2 Mermaid Druid - Challenge #2
STR 1, DEX 2, STA 2, CON 3, WIS 7, CHA 4
Feel free to friend me on: LoseIt! | FitBit | Fitocracy | Spark People

Oh man, the one place in Europe I've been is Italy, and the pasta and gelato is just... Sigh. It's even better than you think it's going to be! So no judgement from me! :)

*drool*

Life goals are totally ok. They are just not mentioned.

Chanda and spezzy disvussed this...

It would be awesome if you stay and give us some awesome reports....

Where in Germany will you be?

Oh, yay! I see in her FAQ's that life goals can be a quest. Thanks, Sunmage! We'll be using Ottobeuren as a base during the Germany part of the trip. Know of anything we can't miss that wouldn't be in a tour guide?

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10

Love all of this pre-challenge buzz!!

Happy first day y'all!

I think it's a great idea to pick 3-5 people to follow and be cheerleader for- trying to keep up with 83 threads is a bit crazy! (Trust me, I tried. And failed. Nothing personal. Love you all)

The strength and community in this Guild is so inspiring- you guys rock!

As always, if you have any questions related to yoga, stretching, etc. please post them here, or you can message me directly!

Let's get to it!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Love all of this pre-challenge buzz!!

Happy first day y'all!

I think it's a great idea to pick 3-5 people to follow and be cheerleader for- trying to keep up with 83 threads is a bit crazy! (Trust me, I tried. And failed. Nothing personal. Love you all)

The strength and community in this Guild is so inspiring- you guys rock!

As always, if you have any questions related to yoga, stretching, etc. please post them here, or you can message me directly!

Let's get to it!

I have a question.  Where is your thread.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Hello Druids! I came over last challenge for one of the Rangers' mini-quests, and you were just so delightful that I wanted to come back for this whole challenge! My thread is here, and I would be happy to listen to your advice on yoga, spiritual, and discipline matters.

Oh please oh please oh please make a thread, at least to log your travels! I would love to hear about your adventures (and perhaps, after my main quest is complete, I can have similar ones)!  And I second what someone else said--Perhaps you can make goals for your weeks at home, such as diligent preparation or recovery from your journey. Or a mindfulness goal of taking time, in the hectic touring, to sit and reflect on where you are and what it means.  My goals for this challenge are almost entirely life-focused, but I find that keeping at an NF challenge is still so helpful.

We'll be using Ottobeuren as a base during the Germany part of the trip. Know of anything we can't miss that wouldn't be in a tour guide?

I'm not familiar with the southern area. I'm pretty sure you heard about Weissbier pretzels and all the diners/restaurants at the hiking trails. Many of some offer awesome food and delicious bread(Yup totally not paleo or healthy...). You have to try a plate of bread with various meats or chesses...

You can Ask Chanda for more, she lives somewhere in the south...

Have fun there!

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

I'm not familiar with the southern area. I'm pretty sure you heard about Weissbier pretzels and all the diners/restaurants at the hiking trails. Many of some offer awesome food and delicious bread(Yup totally not paleo or healthy...). You have to try a plate of bread with various meats or chesses...

You can Ask Chanda for more, she lives somewhere in the south...

Have fun there!

I have not heard of the Weissbier pretzels - I will look for them! I'm totally not worried about calories or carbs for this trip. American baked goods do not compare favorably to yours, and I'm looking forward to some "real" pastries. I do know about the cafe's along the trails - hiking in Europe is so civilized!

Wandern
Wood Elf Druid
Level 10

Will there still be mini challenges each week?

I'm also wondering HOW people stretch.  I've read conflicting directions. Some resources specify a number of seconds for each stretch--say between 8 and 30 seconds, depending on the muscle.  It seems like bigger muscles get stretched longer.  Some resources say to stretch for much longer times--say a minute or two.  I just read The Way of Stretching, and she recommends repeated 2 second stretches--first, as far as you can stretch then half as far, then half of half as far, then a final time as far as you can stretch, which will hopefully be further than the first stretch.

Based on that, I've been experimenting with stretching as I exhale and relaxing the stretch as I inhale, repeating each stretch 5 times.  It takes much less time to stretch than my former 1 minute per stretch, but it also seems much more effective.  I'm looking for other opinions.

Level 4 Lycan Adventurer

STR:  11.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 12.75 | CON: 7.0 | WIS: 9.5 | CHA: 5

Intro & Challenge Summary

Challenges:   1  2  3  4  5  6 7

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands - and then eat just one of the pieces.

Judith Viorst

peggysr when I stretch I tend to hold my stretches and for ones that I have personally identified as difficult, like downward dog or touching my toes, I will hold it a second time. But that's my personal and unprofessional preference. However your way of stretching sounds good too!

Hi all!  Just wondering if you're up to sharing a bit of your welcoming :)  The Level 1 guild has LOTS of threads that no one has replied to...maybe you'd like to drop by one or two and say Hi!

Man there are a LOT of firsties out there! I stopped by to welcome a few, I recommend everyone else does too! A lot of them have great goals!  And remember we all were new at some point =)

Keliswicked, level 6 half Hobbit/ half Dwarf Druid

Progress Log  ||  Fitocracy!  || 2 3 4 5 6

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines