Hey  there!

Super newbie here, although I am not new to working out. I'm a nerd for all of the wrong reasons, but I'm okay with that.

Basically this nerd has fallen in love with another nerd and now we are seeking to make little nerds. However, I am not in the best shape for that task and I figured I need to get it together physically.

Fitness wise I enjoy lifting heavy things, dance classes, track and field. I dream of running in the "Run for Your Life" 5k. I used to be a sprinter and I would love to get into enough shape to run in the adult track league.

Currently 270 lbs, my dream weight is about 80-100 lbs less than what I am right now. (190-170.)

Cleaning up my diet is going to be my biggest challenge. I need to total makeover when it comes to food and how I consume it. I'm reading up more and more on Paleo, and it seems quite doable.

In the regular world I love: Video games, zombies and a good book. Vacations are awesome. So are the colors purple and red.

I think that's everything, but if you want to know anything else, get in touch with me.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Sounds like you're in the right place, check all the boxes, the nerd credentials check out. Since you love zombies (awesome) and are interested in getting back into running, I'd strongly recommend the Zombies, Run! 5k Trainer and Zombies, Run apps. They're a lot of fun and got me going when I was around 290, helped me get down to my current 215, though like Steve says weight loss is 80% diet. We've got a good thread talking about those apps in the Running Sub Forum here...

I'll be running my first Run for your Lives in September, I say go for it. What's the worst that could happen? You get eaten by zombies... that's no so bad.

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Thank you for the warm welcome. :nevreness: 

Welcome to the Rebellion!

Sounds like you're in the right place, check all the boxes, the nerd credentials check out. Since you love zombies (awesome) and are interested in getting back into running, I'd strongly recommend the Zombies, Run! 5k Trainer and Zombies, Run apps. They're a lot of fun and got me going when I was around 290, helped me get down to my current 215, though like Steve says weight loss is 80% diet. We've got a good thread talking about those apps in the Running Sub Forum here...

I'll be running my first Run for your Lives in September, I say go for it. What's the worst that could happen? You get eaten by zombies... that's no so bad.