On my way to greatness

Hi everbody!

After having spent days reading the Articles of the blogs, fantasised on the great success stories, I decide to join the rebellion!

I am French, I love chicken, yellow dresses and red shoes! A bit more of my long shortened story  here.

This will be my kind-of diary, where I will mostly report my training, thoughts, achievements and failures notthereyets :)

My main fitness goal

- Wear a size 40 (8 US) weight 72 kg (about 159 lbs) (today I am 186 lbs :) )

- I want to be graceful, elastic (able to climb on trees, on a rope), strong!

The steps to reach that goal

- 3 strength training a week ( I will ask for advice on this one)

- 2 cardio trainings a week (spinning, zumba, body attack)

- Diet based on : no processed food, no sugar but fruits (limited), veggies, proteins and legumes (limited)

-  no more than 1 crazy meal a week

- Chose between crossfit, Samba, Boxing, capoeira and start in October

Once I have reach the Main goal, the next one will be

- Participate to a Tough guy alike in 2014 (I need to define which one and where !)

I guess I'll be around for quite some months!

I am about to start a challenge to focus on the diet before the NF 6-week challenge starts!

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)

So , time.to blog a.bit!

I am.started.today.a.challenge with blackddader, the idea.is warming us up before the NF challenge starts.: D

Mine implied among others no processed food! And started this.morning...

BUT I decided.that because of the unusual warmth ( I live in Belgium and warmth here is usually 16 Celsius degrees) I would eat an ice cream.

Funny thing is I've spent month of July not.eating.processed food...

Anywho, this is.not.a reason to ruin the day.

The thing that I have to admit is: - when I.know I won't be eating something.for quite a long time, well... I want it!: D

I think I should.put.everywhere those.rules:

- 80/90% of success lies in the.plate!

- working out 1 hour a day leaves us 23 to screw it.all away!

The worse is that I know that my diet needs to be 99% ok! I've been on this for months with results below my expectation.

What comes after awareness? ACTION!!

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Actually I am too harsh with myself (it's not just because what I saw on the scale pleased me :) ). I made enormous progress since december!

- From 1 time a week I am going almost everyday to the gym

- I drastically reduced the amount of sweet processed snacks I used to eat

- I no longer use food to confort myself : I learn to deal with frustration in an other way

- I lost weight (and took it and lost it again : almost 10 kg less since 31st March)

- I started mornings strength training (3 weeks ago now) and lost 3 kg ever since

- I can do 15 knee push ups in one set

- I did real 2 push ups on Friday while everybody at the gym was watching (EPIC)

So yes, small accomplishments are also important. I should just be happy with myself, even when I screw up once. 

Actually, if I would be someone else, I would find myself inspiring (smartassing...)

:)

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

baby steps tend to snowball :) I can't wait to see how far you go!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Great attitude and results !!!!

Step by step WonderNatarella ! Qui va piano va sano qui va sano va lontano !

I join you on the climbing ! A fond !!!

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

I've had a very interesting day.

- No unhealthy snacking

- funny conversation with a friend on everything I am setting to get healthier.

She seems to be worried/scared that I might "fall into the extremes' and this bothers me a bit. We have different conceptions of what we can stand or not... I think I am really curious on things that I haven't try on myself and I am a gut feeling person!

I guess you are all experiencing friends questionning your plans or projects...

That's why I like the internet! You find a community of nerds who are really supportive especially because they've been through the same challenges!

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

I've had a very interesting day.

- No unhealthy snacking

- funny conversation with a friend on everything I am setting to get healthier.

She seems to be worried/scared that I might "fall into the extremes' and this bothers me a bit. We have different conceptions of what we can stand or not... I think I am really curious on things that I haven't try on myself and I am a gut feeling person!

I guess you are all experiencing friends questionning your plans or projects...

That's why I like the internet! You find a community of nerds who are really supportive especially because they've been through the same challenges!

Each time you go through a change it can scare, friend or family, because they care and also because it might change what they think of us...

You want your challenge done, that is great ! As you are going to keep some time to rest a bit when you fell like it, and you have your crazy day for the food, you are going to manage your goal !

I am with you totally ;)

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Each time you go through a change it can scare, friend or family, because they care and also because it might change what they think of us...

You want your challenge done, that is great ! As you are going to keep some time to rest a bit when you fell like it, and you have your crazy day for the food, you are going to manage your goal !

I am with you totally ;)

Yes My friend, it is damn right!

That what I told her, that we do know ourselves pretty well, so it's also good to trust in someone common sense as well!

This morning folks , Jen killed me (it's the dictator's name, my trainer).

Thrusters with a 12 kg bar... ♪ I cried and cried ♪  3 x 10 rep

50 lunges with the same bar...

I'm still in pain. How am I going to survive crossfit ?

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Hmmm, questions questions...

Actually  I'm wondering if I shouldn't give it a try to a 100% paleo.

I am a all or nothing person. I tend to focus on the fact that I am not getting to my objective as quickly as I went and this is a bit of a frustration.

Maybe I need to help the body by going paleo for those 6 weeks and see what happens in terms of energy, digestion and waist size ...

My issue of the moment : I will go next weekend to my parents and we are having a celebration that will imply food (that I like) . Well, I guess I will see.

I'm wondering for all the fitness pros : what happens in the body if we eat paleo and one day, there is a sugar rush... I've read that the body will store the fat, making it more complicated to burn fat. I also read that it's the general equilibrium in the week that counts, not one meal. I'm a bit confused tonight...

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Hmmm, questions questions...

Actually  I'm wondering if I shouldn't give it a try to a 100% paleo.

I am a all or nothing person. I tend to focus on the fact that I am not getting to my objective as quickly as I went and this is a bit of a frustration.

Maybe I need to help the body by going paleo for those 6 weeks and see what happens in terms of energy, digestion and waist size ...

My issue of the moment : I will go next weekend to my parents and we are having a celebration that will imply food (that I like) . Well, I guess I will see.

I'm wondering for all the fitness pros : what happens in the body if we eat paleo and one day, there is a sugar rush... I've read that the body will store the fat, making it more complicated to burn fat. I also read that it's the general equilibrium in the week that counts, not one meal. I'm a bit confused tonight...

Hi !!!

Well 2 week that i am trying paleo, quite easy in summer time with BBQs  :) !

it easy to do i have lost 5kg / 11 pounds so far.

Positive points: easy to know what to eat, easy to cook (basically you can forget most of your cooking skills :D no complicated sauces and cakes...). You get lots of vitamins through fruits and veggies !

The inconvenients for me is risk of eating too much meat, (wich could be not so good for health).

But as i said i am only at 2 weeks so that's not a long period...

Bruce Lee

Amazing progress mate! Congratulations!

Well, my concerns are about sustainability... Anyway, I guess it's still worth to try for the 6 weeks and see what happens, if I don't like it, well, at least I have tried...

** thinking**

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Amazing progress mate! Congratulations!

Well, my concerns are about sustainability... Anyway, I guess it's still worth to try for the 6 weeks and see what happens, if I don't like it, well, at least I have tried...

** thinking**

yep !!

Anyway go can go primal or law carb after if paleo doesn't suite you ;) !

Bruce Lee

Yes, you are totally right. I feel I need to try it for a significant period to see what happens!

I've been reading website with recipe (I love cooking and I think that while at be at my parents place, if I cook for the family, I'd have a better control on my diet!)

What about you? Where is your challenge page dude? :)

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Done !!! :nevreness:

Bruce Lee

First CrossFit session!

Only body weight, intense 40 mn workout!

I feel like a baby warrior and like it.

This is something really good about strength training, I feel stronger not only in the arms (I've done so many push ups) but in the head, mentally. I have a greater willpower, greater sense of purpose... It does change people!

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Folks,

I am so exhausted! I had friends staying at home from abroad and I need to rest! Luckily I need to take 2 days exams at the hospital, it will be fun!

I thought of organising a paleo food birthday party (on October).  I don't know why but I woke up with this idea this morning!  Fruit and veggie cakes and snacks, paleo muffins… I still have 3 months to think about it and get more involved in recipes!

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Folks,

I am so exhausted! I had friends staying at home from abroad and I need to rest! Luckily I need to take 2 days exams at the hospital, it will be fun!

I thought of organising a paleo food birthday party (on October).  I don't know why but I woke up with this idea this morning!  Fruit and veggie cakes and snacks, paleo muffins… I still have 3 months to think about it and get more involved in recipes!

Ok so nice !! I will come :D !(just joking)

OK if you need recipies i will help

Bruce Lee

I like the idea of a paleo food birthday party :)

I had a birthday bacon explosion experiment :)

it was amazing 

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ok so nice !! I will come :D !(just joking)

OK if you need recipies i will help

Yes you will be obviously invited! And Yes I need recipes! I know that preparation is the key of success (at least for me) so please, if you know good sites with recipes for lazy hurry people let me know! (I tend to eat only  huge salads because I like that and because it doesn't require preparation... I need variation!)

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

I like the idea of a paleo food birthday party :)

I had a birthday bacon explosion experiment :)

it was amazing 

Sounds interesting Jenn :D

I saw it with colours, with autumn veggies and fruits, weird proteins experimentation... Something tasty, classy and healthy!

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Sounds interesting Jenn :D

I saw it with colours, with autumn veggies and fruits, weird proteins experimentation... Something tasty, classy and healthy!

It was fabulous. .. evyzutuj.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Spoiler