On my way to greatness

This morning, my second training in a CrossFit Box:

We worked a lot on technique : pull ups, KB chest press

2 pull-ups (assisted for me)

4 KB chest press (*8kg)

6 box jumps

8 medicin ball throws (I don't remember the actual name of the exercise)

10 burpees

5 times!

It was quite difficult, I feel that a lot of strength was involved in the training especially in the pull ups (I had to jump very high and was assisted by a step) but I'm not tired at all.

I hope that this will help me to deal with thrusters... I'm still struggling with those, it's so painful!

Level 2- Panthera Assassin

CHA 4 - WIS 3 - STA 4 - STR 2 -  DEX 1 - CON 2

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Second not-so-good one ..

Third challenge

Jan 2016 challenge... long time after :)

Hey buddies, it’s been a while ! I succeeded my challenge!!! YAY!

I think I’ll use this to track my progresses, especially that for the next challenge I have amazing plans (with the crazy intention to realise them all!)

Fitness: 

I am frustrated at CrossFit (yes, I signed up in a box … and still going to my gym) because I can’t do pull ups (we had an ANGIE last week and I could just jump and touch the bar…Tiring as well!

So I want to learn how to do pull-ups/chin-ups, do full set of proper push ups and improving my BURPEECITY!

I need advice : Should I integrate those in every work out I do?  (I usually do 1 Strength training on my own and 2 crossfit trainings but they are not always intense). Or should I work them separately?

My idea for next challenge is :

Be able to do a set of 3 pull-ups (I cannot do a single one at the moment :) )

Realise a 20-rep set of push-ups

50 burpees in a row (starting next Monday with 8 and adding 1 every day… At the end of the challenge, that’ll be 50!)

I guess I can burpee anytime of the day (as a warm up maybe?)

And I can start my Strength Training session by pull up exercises (I saw a progressive method with a chair).

My idea for my strength training is actually do the horrible WOD my personal trainer gave me. Because of laziness to create my own programme, and because they were f** efficient, combinated cardio and intense strength  training. I hated them that ‘s why I’m going to keep on doing them.

Cycling :

I had this crazy idea to cycle to work (35 mn, 7 kms, hills) . Hopefully, I change work quite soon :) (that’ll be 4,5 kms  I’ll have to climb to work :D)

The issue is : It’s cold now, and rainy. I don’t want to give up just because of that you know,  so I want to find a way to keep on cycling to work and not caught colds because of it. 

Advice needed :)

I'll post this on the relevant topics... Hopefully I'm getting answers!

--

Eating

I have to admit that yesterday and today have been strange in this plan. Anyway, I'll cover this in my next challenge but I want to fit in a size 42 (US 12, UK 14) pair of jeans. And to be sure that I will actually be eating healthy and not sabotating by stupidly snacking, I am will give 200 euros (265 dollars) to a political party I really strongly hate. The idea is making me horribly sick, if I don't fit in those pants, I'll be supporting financially a political  party that is against every thing I'm fighthing for. This is insane.

So chances are that I won't be snacking at all until the 31st of October  :)

My plan

no processed carbs

no almonds  I am eating too much of those-

Paleo at 85% (i still eat dairy)

Intermittent Fasting  I was doing it for the past challenge

I have 3 exceptions :

wedding on the 21/09

the best day of the year 23/10 aka my birthday

another one in case of emergency (like my aunt is here and cooks something I chose not to refuse)

Because I loved steve's article on hard hat, I have my calendar printed and there will be a cross for every no unhealthy snacking day (a key for dropping a size).

I've written much more than I wanted (again!)

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Groooovyyy ! You are awesome like always !!!

Go on !!

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Sunday : cycled 46 km

Monday's WOD

5 BB push press (25kg) (1 every minute )

Burpees (amap in 5 minutes) = 62

1 mn rest

5 BB clean (30 kg)

Sit-ups (amap in 5 mn) 115

1 mn rest

5 BB

Air squats (amap in 5 mn) 98

My children abs are still aching.

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

Great !!!! keep going !

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.â€

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.†“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.†“Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.â€There are plenty of people in this world who know what they have to do to get what they want. The few that succeed are those who develop a character of constant and deliberate action.

“The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.â€

You only have one life in this body so make the most of it by creating something that adds value to those around you.

Bruce Lee

Thursday 03.10.2013 (worst ever)

For time = 17:26

In a team of 2

Round 1 : 40 rep

Round 2 : 20

Round 3 : 10

Tyre flips (50k) (together or alone)

KB headcutter (1 by 1) 12kg

Box jumps -burpees (yes, seriously) (together)

After the 3 rounds : Move 100 kg in walking lunges 4 * 15kg (I carried them) + 4 * 10 kg (the guy I was with carried them)

we had to take weights that equals 100kg and carry them all over the head on a 15 meters distance

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge

I am a very fun person who got overwhelmed for the past 7 months. I have not been around for a while, and my last attempt to participate to a challenge was a huge fail. I managed to put 4 kilos of stress since January and I have been overwhelmed by this source of stress clearly identified. 

I lost 1.5 since 3 weeks, and first goal is in 3 months, to be at the same weight I was when I first nerded on NF Forums. 94.5 to 87. This is more the weight I have been around for the last 4 years, and i will build from there. 

My kryptonite is emotional eating. 

I need an accountability buddy, to checking my food log. I crossfit and I do spinning, I love those.

The only focus I have now is going to crossfit and spinning, eating plenty of veggies and proteins, drinking water and sleeping. This is it. 

I will post my workouts and my meals.

Why is Natarella here?

Steps to greatness

First challenge !!

Third challenge