out of the ashes

DECEMBER! IT'S ON!

Started week 6 of ZR5K today. Knees were stiff at the beginning and the end, but seemed to be working ok in the middle. Still some of that weird pain, but my ankle seemed ok. Overall, i had a nice time today. I changed up the music on my phone and that helped.

I think my knees might be caffeine related... so no caffeine in december. also, no ice cream in december. because... well i've been eating it too much lately so let's just stop that, shall we? ice cream makes me stuffy and tubby. those are not happy things.

i'd like to drop around 10lbs this month if i can. i just think it would be nice to lose a little weight while most people are gaining. hell, if i lose just 1lb, i'll be happy - because that will mean i survived the holidays without gaining. but i'm going to try for 10. if i succeed, that will mean i'm less than 20 lbs from being back under 200... and it's been a while since i was under 200.

planking challenge continues. now that i am doing the side planks properly, i'm not in pain. woo! decided i'd try the next level up on both sides and regs today. and i managed decent times for a first try. woot woot!

french studies - i've been slacking. :(

i'm feeling a tad better than i have been. i mean, not "WOO MY LIFE IS AWESOME" or anything, but a bit renewed.  and i think this track is helping: http://youtu.be/ZOP2NUbG2iY it makes me a little angry, but in a good way... a "yea, i'm going to show everyone how awesome i can be and then they'll be sorry they ever doubted me" kind of inspired angry.  i do my best work when im angry, i think. i definitely work harder during a workout when i'm on the angry side of the spectrum.

"I will shine brighter than i could have ever dreamed to be and you will see me."

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

running rest day

caffeine - accidentally consumed! i had an iced tea to avoid drinking a cola and then thought "doofus, that has caffeine in it."  when i make hot tea or chai, i use decaf, so i didn't even think about the iced tea having caffeine. i must be more vigilant!

ice cream - easy to avoid as it's not in the house and i wont be buying any.

french - did a duolingo review... 3 times... and failed 3 times. looks like i will be redoing some lessons. :( but trying and failing is better than not trying at all. and i probably only failed because i havent been studying every day like im supposed to be!

planking - a slight increase in my times. the higher levels are definitely tougher.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

Le défit de planche niveau 3 est le plus difficile... même le niveau 4 est plus facile. Félicitation pour le retour à la course :) Pour les leçons de français, j'en ai suivi tout mon secondaire et je n'était pas meilleur à la fin ;) ça prend du temps. 

Mathieu *Gamer Unleashed*,
Level 4 Hobit scout
STR 8|DEX 5|STA 7|CON 6|WIS 7|CHA 4

here i am. sorry to disappear. my thyroid levels were off again, which caused a resurgance in my depression and i gave up on pretty much everything. i started to feel better in january, only to be hit with pneumonia, that i'm still trying to completely recover from.  i'm working on a nutrition plan, sort of half-heartedly mostly because i'm still not feeling well which makes it hard to care completely about anything.  it's ultimately an extreme plan, but i think given my personal set of health issues, it's the best plan to feel better naturally and not pharmaceutically. i just have to make myself care enough to start.

i'm not sure how much i'm going to post on NF still. i might again in the future, but i'm still feeling lone wolf right now.

but i wanted to say hi and "i'm not dead" and all that.

hope things are going well for you, Mathieu.