Because Even if the scale lies

I am trying hard not to be frustrated with the slow rate of weight loss. My mother did not lie when she said it would be harder after menopause.

I know that the body fat % scales aren't always the most accurate, BUT even though the weight has been creeping down, the bf% is down from 46% to 42.5% in one month. I don't think it is an aberration. It has been consistently creeping down. My clothing is looser. I measure and take pics in a week, so we'll see.

Biggest Woot! And endorsement for Paleo? My fibro symptoms have improved by probably 80%. That is HUGE. I have a life back. I was able to keep up with the cub scouts at camp.

Thank you NF, and all of the people who read my posts and support me!

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

I don't really tend to believe the scale... this past 6week challenge I didn't lose a pound (nope not a single one) but I lost 5.5 inches overall.... I gained on ALL my lifts... increased speed on my bike (etc etc etc etc) and didn't lose a single pound.... back when I was a slave to the scale that would have KILLED me... and I would have been so frustrated

but I found other ways to measure my success... which you seem to have done with the bf% from your scale... do you take measurements/photos as well???

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I don't really tend to believe the scale... this past 6week challenge I didn't lose a pound (nope not a single one) but I lost 5.5 inches overall.... I gained on ALL my lifts... increased speed on my bike (etc etc etc etc) and didn't lose a single pound.... back when I was a slave to the scale that would have KILLED me... and I would have been so frustrated

but I found other ways to measure my success... which you seem to have done with the bf% from your scale... do you take measurements/photos as well???

Yes. In my underwear, even. They are in my album and battle log.

That reminds me. Need to pick up sports bra and bike shorts for next pics.

Level 2 Halfling Adventurer

Strength 1 Dexterity 1 Stamina 3 Constitution 4 Wisdom 3 Charisma 2

Current Challenge Thread

First Challenge Thread

Fit to Eat: my posts on the Sweatpants & Coffee Site

Just chiming in.... I've seen you around on different posts but always only lurked there.  But I've had similar experiences - stalled on weight loss for several weeks in my last challenge, but gained strength and lost inches.  Tracking progress by other methods besides the scale is crucial for me - I also tend to get discouraged if I watch only the scale. 

Keep up the good work!

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Yes. In my underwear, even. They are in my album and battle log.

That reminds me. Need to pick up sports bra and bike shorts for next pics.

you're more awesome than me. .. I can't take pictures in my underwear :blink: lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move