Atlanta GA GORUCK light and nerd meetup Nov. 9th

ok. the hotel de bigm, nightlight, and tin_man has been booked.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Have we decided on what we are doing after the ruck? Mainly, do I need to bring my squat shoes???

shower, eat, drink. 

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Have we decided on what we are doing after the ruck? Mainly, do I need to bring my squat shoes???

Ha ha ha ha ha ha cough cough cough gagging on lunch

seriously?  you've done this before and you think we are going off to squat a few hundred pounds after? 

Ha ha ha ha ha... okay on sunday maybe...

Always bring your squat shoes.

Srsly.  This is creating a luggage issue for me.

shower, eat, drink. 

Mmmmmm..... good good plan but you forgot quick nap.

So I have to bring boxing gear, muay thai gear, bricks, squat shoes, a belt....

Good thing I'm bringing sherpa.....errrrr I mean spousal unit.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

WAIT I forgot to ask - where we can lift at?  0.0

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

oh..laura. can i pay you to buy me some bricks? and then we can have a taping party.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

seriously?  you've done this before and you think we are going off to squat a few hundred pounds after? 

It's a Light. My legs will be nice and warmed up. :D

oh..laura. can i pay you to buy me some bricks? and then we can have a taping party.

This ^ Else I will have to bring my own. or make a stop at a construction site....

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

hahahaha yeah I was going to suggest NOT traveling with bricks. I'd be more than happy to get some for muh nerds.

LOLS. Bigm.... meanwhile, I'll be passed out in my car in the parking lot of wherever it starts :P

Lifting! Good question.  If we lift on Sunday... I don't know. My gym is closed on Sundays (I know!). There is a branch of my gym open but it's like.. far away.  But, I wonder.... if maybe we could swing into Coffee's on visitor passes or something. It's also kinda far but it's worth a drive (or so I'm assuming).

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE there's an LA fitness near my hotel!  LOL.  Oh and I see a CF place near my hotel too.  Spousal unit will be sooooo excited. 

Actually we could go for a run after the ruck and call it rehab run

I AM going the distance

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE there's an LA fitness near my hotel!  LOL.  Oh and I see a CF place near my hotel too.  Spousal unit will be sooooo excited. 

Actually we could go for a run after the ruck and call it rehab run

I'm not sure there is anywhere in Atlanta that is more than a couple blocks from a CF.

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I'm not sure there is anywhere in Atlanta that is more than a couple blocks from a CF.

spousal unit will be in heaven!

I AM going the distance

I vote drinking.  12 oz curls, yo.

ditto.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I'm training for 2 hours the day before the ruck.  LOL.  Imma gonna die. 

I think we should hit up the aquarium while we are in town!  Nerds + sharks = most awesome nerdiness.  Stupid touch the penguins is $55 but ain't nobody got time for that.  And because I'm this lame, I checked and there are no adult sleepovers while we are there.  stupid aquarium. 

I AM going the distance

Srsly.  This is creating a luggage issue for me.

Mmmmmm..... good good plan but you forgot quick nap.

So I have to bring boxing gear, muay thai gear, bricks, squat shoes, a belt....

Good thing I'm bringing sherpa.....errrrr I mean spousal unit.

Spousal unit =~ mule?

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Spousal unit =~ mule?

Yes.  When I was on crutches all those times I started calling him sherpa.  He finds it endearing.... LOL.  (okay maybe not)

I AM going the distance

Apparently tin man just kidnapped my sense of reason and several hours later I am signed up for this. What? Pretty excited!!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youse coming?!?! Yussss! 

Also tickets bought, i fly in on Friday afternoon.

I am!!!!! I'm living in Huntsville, AL right now, and my last day here is November 7th. It's way too freaking perfect, I can just drive to Atlanta on the 8th. (Airport pickup anyone?) Pretty flippin' excited!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

Apparently tin man just kidnapped my sense of reason and several hours later I am signed up for this. What? Pretty excited!!

Yay!!!  And now it's all clear... :)  Way to work the magic, Tinney!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Youse coming?!?! Yussss! 

Also tickets bought, i fly in on Friday afternoon.

Huzzah! What time do you land?

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!