Hi everyone,

I heard about NF from a friend and decided to check it out.  I think the whole idea is really neat :) and the peer-support system is great!

I am 26, married and a mother of 2 (3.5 years & 10 months).  I have an extremely sedentary lifestyle between my desk job and hours spent studying, gaming and watching netflix. My main source of exercise is playing with my kids.

Anyways, I'm not overweight (5'8" 142lbs), although my body fat % is higher than i would like it to be due to my having NO MUSCLE whatsoever.

I basically just want to be more fit, stronger, happier and healthier all over, for my family's sake as well as my own (i would like to be able to run around at the playground without feeling exhausted after 5-10 minutes!  and need to prepare for that inevitable trip to Disneyland in a few years!).

Love the idea of "levelling up my life" I have been roped and re-roped into countless RPG's and i'm totally excited to get to lvl 2 after my first 6-week challenge, lol..  but where can i go grind to level up quicker? :playful: kidding

Anyways, my first challenge starts July 29 :)

Thanks for reading :D

Wood Elf - Newbie Druid :pride:

|| LVL 1 || STR 1 || DEX 1 || STA 1 || CON 2 || WIS 6 || CHA 4 ||

First challenge || MyFitnessPal

Welcome to the Rebellion! You DO have muscle actually, whenever you pick up your children, whenever you chase them around, it's not much, because it's not completely focused on. One trick i know is to use the children to "help" you work out. I do this with my nieces sometimes, I would spider-man crawl to chase them, I would carry them on my shoulders/back and do lunges, have them sit on my back to make my push-ups more difficult. Whatever you can think of, you don't need to do anything extravagant, so long as you do more 1 exercise, you're already improving over yesterday! I bet you can find lots of information to help you find the time and creativity to help you gain more muscles!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Thanks!  yeah, i have heard about excercise using babies as a weight :D my 10 month old is a hefty 24lbs.. so i do get a bit of a workout in that sense, lol. i should start playing with her in a way that works my muscles a bit more.  she loves being thrown up in the air, so i have developed some arm strength that way.. :)

Wood Elf - Newbie Druid :pride:

|| LVL 1 || STR 1 || DEX 1 || STA 1 || CON 2 || WIS 6 || CHA 4 ||

First challenge || MyFitnessPal

And to tell you the truth, throwing children in the air helps develop their bodily sense of awareness (where they are at in space) and quite possibly encourage them to be athletes themselves (hint hint)

But yes, in essence playing is the best workout you can ever do to improve yourself.

So go play!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."