The Courtyard

Kishi

Bwahahaha!!!!!  Thanks for the welcome.  â€‹And for outing me.  :eagerness:  :anonymous: 

Wasn't sure how it would work since I'm not in classes yet, whether I should do a few rounds with the assassins in the meantime or just jump right over with mostly preparatory strength and flexibility goals.  (Next challenge that is, I gotta stand by my scouts this round.  They are awesome;  just realized the sport is not what I really want to focus on.)

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

I haven't ACTIVELY trained martial arts since joining this guild, but IN MY HEART I know what I am, what I want to do and what I want to be, and that's a Monk.  So it's mostly been mobility and strength training.

And I start Kaiten MMA September 3rd, at last :D

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

What Thrillo said - if you feel like you want to train like a Martial Artist, then you definitely belong here.  Early on I thought I was more of a Druid (especially since aikido is all about the flexible and lack-of-muscles-use), but the more I thought on it, the more I realized that I wanted the strength and the dexterity of a martial art guy, not the bendiness of a druid.

So welcome! (Also, obligatory comments on 1) good name choice and 2) Wait, isn't there only supposed to be a single phoenix in most myths? :P )

Kidding aside, you're totally welcome to come check us out! It's a little hectic up in here right now, between challenge changes, lots o' monks, and the fact that one of our fearless leaders is such a great ninja that he done gone disappeared in a poof of smoke. But you're more than welcome here whenever you wanna be!

I was thinking about that.  Has anyone heard about the Shogun as of late?

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

hey fellow monks :)

since you here are best people to ask about Martial Arts I would really appreciate if you could help me to choose between 2 martial arts. I am total beginner when it comes to fighting training and so I really need your help:

here is that topic in MA forum:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/35655-taekwondo-or-jujitsu-which-to-choose/?p=666172

btw. your thread with epic music - the best :) gonna use it for sure no matter what I train :)

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

hey fellow monks :)

since you here are best people to ask about Martial Arts I would really appreciate if you could help me to choose between 2 martial arts. I am total beginner when it comes to fighting training and so I really need your help:

here is that topic in MA forum:

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/index.php?/topic/35655-taekwondo-or-jujitsu-which-to-choose/?p=666172

btw. your thread with epic music - the best :) gonna use it for sure no matter what I train :)

btw2. thx in advance for any tips on my topic !

Elf Druid - Level 8         looking around for happiness || tracking || #intro || #old

"Most people think they’ll feel good once they reach some goal. By linking happiness to something you don’t have yet, you denying yourself the power to create it in the moment. Your happiness is your birth right. It shouldn’t depend on you ACHIEVING something. Start by claiming it and using it to make your journey fun all the way and not just at the end." S.Chandler

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy" G. Apollinaire

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines