Nighttime Blackout Challenge-Monday July 22- Sun July 28

I'm falling back into the bad habit of being on the computer too late. Note posting time as evidence. :) I would like to do a mini-challenge during our challenge break. All computer,TV, electronics turned off by 9:30. The challenge will start Monday July 21 and end on Sunday July 28th.

Anyone want to take the challenge with me? We can post here on how we are doing and encourage one another.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I'm a day late but I'm in. Really I need to get off my backside and do things that need doing rather than reading one more article on [insert conflicting exercise form guides here] or one more page of failblog!

I'd like to grade mine 2130 - A, 2200 - B, 2230 -C, 2245-F. These are my lines but then they fit with my life, others could grade differently. Last night I would have scored a fat old C.

Level 2 Half-Sidhe Archer (Toolkitted Ranger)

|Str 3|Dex 3|Sta 2|Con 3|Wis 2|Cha 1| 

Introduction: Roll your own adventure!  DBL: Aim to Misbehave!

Challenge 1, 2Browncoats 1, 2

How did everyone do? I scored an A. We were out all evening and didn't get back until 9:30. I was so tempted to "just check" my email on the computer. But I didn't :) Curled up and read Speaker for the Dead, which was more enjoyable than anything on the computer really.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I was the same, I was out last night. When I got home I went to set my alarm on my phone for the next morning. As I did this at 9:27 I thought, I could look at .... I will only be 3 minutes. I did stop myself knowing full well it is never just 3 minutes. I had cuddles and played with my puppy instead. I think he prefers this option. I am out again tonight, I am wondering how I will go when I am home all night and if I will loose track of time.

Skye Rose - Seeking Balance 
Current Challenge

Inspiration and genius--one and the same. - Victor Hugo

Fall seven times and stand up eight - Japanese proverb

Well first night a big fat F. Like 2300! Last night got home at 10 and again wanted to check facebook and the like but didn't. Seems I didn't miss anything. I did the drying up and read through some recipe books though all the time sat there thinking I could look this up on the internet!

Last night, big fat A!

I was the same, I was out last night. When I got home I went to set my alarm on my phone for the next morning. As I did this at 9:27 I thought, I could look at .... I will only be 3 minutes. I did stop myself knowing full well it is never just 3 minutes. I had cuddles and played with my puppy instead. I think he prefers this option. I am out again tonight, I am wondering how I will go when I am home all night and if I will loose track of time.

Double woot! Not only did you stay away from the lure of the net, but you made puppy happy

Well first night a big fat F. Like 2300! Last night got home at 10 and again wanted to check facebook and the like but didn't. Seems I didn't miss anything. I did the drying up and read through some recipe books though all the time sat there thinking I could look this up on the internet!

Last night, big fat A!

Awesome job. Facebook is one where I say, oh I'll just be a few minutes and then it totally sucks me in.

Oh definitely. The amount of times I can go back to an unchanging screen. Eugh!

Last night I got in from the gym at 2130 and didn't turn anything on though did use my time to phone a friend. Said friend is considering joining me in my walking marathon at the end of September and hos girlfriend and other friend to the fray if he does it too. All for charity so there could be a fair bit of money there. All in all a much better evening than sitting looking at cats!

Aargh I haven't even check Facebook and it is 21:25. I am amazed how much more aware I am of the time and how much time I am wasting online (toady it has been checking out everyone's new goals for the 6 week challenge so I can get ideas for mine). I am also getting more sleep as I am in bed earlier which I have been struggling with for a few weeks. Oh it's 21:28 time to put the iPad away.

Current Challenge

Forgot to check in yesterday. Wednesday evening I did good. And then went to bed earlier which helped my life immensely. Last night , a small stumble. I was good and turned off my computer at 9:30. Then I went in to the other room to talk to my husband. He was watching the ball game. I sat and watched for a few minutes, before I remembered it was after 9:30. Oops. But then I was good and went upstairs to read. 

Last night it didn't go so well but I am upset by it. I went to my Mum's and we laid on the couch together and watched a movie. It was a lovely way to spend the evening and it wasn't the same as when I sit at home bored aimlessly watching the TV of computer screen. 

Overall I did well at the challenge and I want to continue this. Consequently I have made this my life goal for the current challenge. I have added to the goal that I want to be in bed by 9:30 and try and sleep without background noise as this is something I really struggle with. Thank you for the inspiration and the mini-challenge. 

How did you all go?

Current Challenge

I'll be honest I think watching TV with someone you love as a mutual and not too regular thing is awesome. You shouldn't feel bad about that one!

I've done well and kinda enjoyed having that little extra time. It's annoying at times when it's past curfew and you think of something you want to look up! Tonight I'll fail as going to the cinema but carrying on I'll be putting the PC aside for 2130ish but be able to look stuff up if I need to or need some guitar tab. Mostly been playing guitar after 2130 anyway!

I ended up watching movies with family/friends on Friday and Saturday night. But, like you guys said, that is different than just mindlessly staring at tv or computer instead of going to bed. Friday night I watched a movie with hubby, which like I said was fine, but then went to just check something on the computer and stayed on for too long. Saturday though when we got home from our friends I didn't check facebook, even when hubby said there were cute pictures of my niece and nephew, I resisted.