• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blaidd

The 'Blaidd of Greater Discipline pt.1 [2013.5]

Well, you know, you live and you learn, right? And while long distance running is worth doing for the sake of endurance, at the same time, boxing is probably going to suit you better. Lots of power and anaerobic work in fighting, which has its uses. And brief training sessions when on your own, which is convenient.

And you know, some routine is better than no routine at all. You gotta start somewhere, right? I'm finding that even with my writing, though I'm not perfectly on my routine, having some regularity to work with there is helpful in keeping me moving.

Anyway! It sounds like you survived another challenge. We gonna see you again next time?

So much learning this challenge, good for you :)

Check out those stats, see I thought you looked like you had lost weight and it did come off your neck :positive:

Wow those are pretty unique shoes, Rod Stewart's "you wear it well" going off in my head!! Work it girl!

Blaidd, you did a great job on this challenge.  In my opinion the toughest thing we all face is how we react to the "meltdown" moments of our lives.  The fact you had the strength to admit that things were tough, analyze your goals and where you were, and then reorganize your goals and adapt, is amazing and was no small feat.  I hope you can see just how big that really was!

By the way, the shoes......are bitchin'!!!

Wooo, those shoes are freaky! In a good way :D

You have done an amazing job of overcoming your meltdowns and dealing with your stress this challenge, AB. I always love reading your threads because you always take what life throws at you and learn so much from it. You really teach us all to turn things into constructive experiences and to not make the same mistakes over and over without learning from them.

Huge hugs and job well done!!

Serious shoes!  Love the zombie theme!  (further lack of adjectives due to total fashion ignorance - sorry...  :pride: )

Congrats on not letting your meltdown keep you down - instead you adapted, overcame, and learned more about yourself while continuing to make progress.  Proud to be a part of SIT with you - wait, if I'm in your group, does that make me one of your groupies?  :nevreness:   Happy to be so!

Good luck in the tween-challenge interim.  Looking forward to seeing you in the next one!

heheheh groupie!  I'm your groupie too then - which makes way more sense.

We truly are superheroes huh :)

Well, you know, you live and you learn, right? And while long distance running is worth doing for the sake of endurance, at the same time, boxing is probably going to suit you better. Lots of power and anaerobic work in fighting, which has its uses. And brief training sessions when on your own, which is convenient.

And you know, some routine is better than no routine at all. You gotta start somewhere, right? I'm finding that even with my writing, though I'm not perfectly on my routine, having some regularity to work with there is helpful in keeping me moving.

Anyway! It sounds like you survived another challenge. We gonna see you again next time?

You will most certainly see me next challenge - i already feel wiser from hanging out with the Monks.  Also i feel the same way about boxing. 

I'm not an endurance runner and have never been (i was a podium finisher for sprints though).  I would like to give it a go though.  I want to finish at least one 5km race in my lifetime (it's on my bucket list) and honestly I would actually like to get back to my long distance cycling again (but that's all about gathering more confidence than anything else). So i will still tackle the running, but it's not a prerogative at the moment.  I can do it sometime in the future :)

So much learning this challenge, good for you :)

Check out those stats, see I thought you looked like you had lost weight and it did come off your neck :positive:

Wow those are pretty unique shoes, Rod Stewart's "you wear it well" going off in my head!! Work it girl!

LOL!  Yeah my weightloss happened in my neck - not too bad. I'm sure the Whole30 program will see me losing more in the waist the next challenge though, so I'm not stressed about it.  Inch loss is inch loss!

They are indeed unique :)

Blaidd, you did a great job on this challenge.  In my opinion the toughest thing we all face is how we react to the "meltdown" moments of our lives.  The fact you had the strength to admit that things were tough, analyze your goals and where you were, and then reorganize your goals and adapt, is amazing and was no small feat.  I hope you can see just how big that really was!

By the way, the shoes......are bitchin'!!!

hahahah, they're pretty awesome shoes :)

One thing i have always been on NF is open about my misgivings, failures and successes.  I want people to see that it's not always about winning, but about learning something when you don't win so you can win the next time round - that to me is the biggest success.  I have fallen into the trap of looking at others around me and going "oh why is that not working for me?" or "i'm not as good as so and so".  I just want others who feel that way too, to look at me and go, "hey she's human like me but she's kicking ass"!  Cos i am kicking ass, but i'm willing to admit when i'm not kicking ass too. 

Wooo, those shoes are freaky! In a good way :D

You have done an amazing job of overcoming your meltdowns and dealing with your stress this challenge, AB. I always love reading your threads because you always take what life throws at you and learn so much from it. You really teach us all to turn things into constructive experiences and to not make the same mistakes over and over without learning from them.

Huge hugs and job well done!!

Thanks Sam.  Life has thrown so much at me that if i hadn't learnt to turn things around, there wouldn't be a me right now!!  I've let it get the better of me a lot of times, but i'm fighting back even more now and fighting back for me and no one else!!  One thing i've always done is to learn from everything.  I think that i'd like to go back to my younger self and impart some wisdoms, but then i think "why? what would i learn then?".  A motto i live by "Don't regret. Learn!"

Oh yeah they're awesome shoes!  Even Jay, who will roll his eyes disdainfully at me whenever i get a new pair of shoes, was impressed with them.  He thought they were really cute!  They're special shoes, they *actually* got the Jay Nod of Approval! Of course that might change when he realises i've now broken the rule of having more shoes than i have closet space for. hehe.

Huge big hugs to you too.

This has definitely not been my favorite challenge either. Lost so much momentum to the back injury. But onward and upward! See you for the next challenge!

indeed PA.  Onwards and Upwards - sometimes it's the only way left to go :)  We will do better next time i'm sure :)

I'm a little late checking in, you'll have started your next challenge by now..

Well done on your progress! You aced your snacking goal, and like Steve says, a good diet is 80-90% of the battle won. Whole30 is going to bring you some fantastic results, both in mind and body. Sjoe, the discipline needed.. (I doubt I would manage) maar ek weet jy sal dit doen! You're the Mighty Blaidd, after all, and in heels like those you can conquer the world (just ask Marilyn Monroe).

Sterkte for the next weeks :D