• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blaidd

The 'Blaidd of Greater Discipline pt.1 [2013.5]

Wow, I can't believe that you're able to bake and still not partake in it. I guess it's just something you get used to. I know that for me, working in a coffee/confectionary place, it's really hard to resist the candy and cookies and such. Power to you.

Looking forward to the recipe posting as well. Will those include the mushroom soup you made during the last challenge?  Would love that...  :playful:

AngelBlaidd! Always do MMA! Always! Seriously, the work out is insane, and I learnt so much doing it! That... or do Judo, Brazillian Juijuitsu. You'll learn so much! Can't wait to see how you do!

My money is definitely on the Discipline Angel.  She's gonna kick that laziness demon's @$s.  ;)

Also, I love love love that you're reconnecting with your love of cooking/baking!!  I am excited to hear more about that through the challenge.  I'm doing a similar thing, focusing on the activity that I love for its relaxing, therapeutic, and fun benefits, and not on overeating.  Congrats on getting good response from your coworkers!  It's always so awesome to get those compliments on something you love to do.  :)

Subbed!

Shame to hear about the sushi - does sashimi hit your cravings at all?

Also - following. 'Cause, y'know, you Guild Leaders are, like, harems of information and inspiration.

I had to google sharkweek.  At first I thought it was some South African thing, cos, you're like near the sea, and probably have shark wresting contests and other things during the - hmm, not summer, winter ;)  Wikipedia suggested it was a TV series.  But urban dictionary corrected that notion.  Lol!

Hope you're feeling ok!

It must be nice to get all bake-y and then have your clients enjoy your food.  Have you watched the US TV series '2 Broke Girls'?  (it's a comedy about 2 women who try to grow a cupcake business)

I'd like to post something witty in Portuguese, but I don't know any, so have fun with your lessons :)

kevralyn, on 29 Jul 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

I had to google sharkweek.  At first I thought it was some South African thing, cos, you're like near the sea, and probably have shark wresting contests and other things during the - hmm, not summer, winter ;) Wikipedia suggested it was a TV series.  But urban dictionary corrected that notion.  Lol!

Whoa! I totally did not draw that connection until I looked it up. And I thought "Aunt Flo" was a bad euphemism! LOL!

Wow, I can't believe that you're able to bake and still not partake in it. I guess it's just something you get used to. I know that for me, working in a coffee/confectionary place, it's really hard to resist the candy and cookies and such. Power to you.

hehehe, i don't really have a sweet tooth so when things are really sweet (or i know how much sugar goes into it) the less likely i am to actually indulge in the goodies.  My biggest downfall will be the savoury treats - that's my weakness.  Things like crisps and mini pies and the likes :) But yeah I'm going to have a problem with sweets despite having a sweet tooth.

I am waiting impatiently for these awesome sounding recipes!

hehehehe, i will post soon i promise.

Looking forward to the recipe posting as well. Will those include the mushroom soup you made during the last challenge?  Would love that...  :playful:

mmmm the mushroom soup is yummy.

Saute 250gr mushrooms, 1/2 onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves in 2 tbsp butter until the onions are transparent.  Mix in 1 1/2 tbsp arrow root (or flour if you're not doing Paleo) and cook for 1 min.  Add in 2 cups chicken stock and stir until thicker (doesn't have to be thick thick, just thicker).  Mix 1 tbsp arrow root, a pinch of salt, ground pepper and 1/4 tsp nutmeg with 1 cup cream and add to the pot. Simmer and stir until required thickness has been achieved. 

AngelBlaidd! Always do MMA! Always! Seriously, the work out is insane, and I learnt so much doing it! That... or do Judo, Brazillian Juijuitsu. You'll learn so much! Can't wait to see how you do!

i might do MMA, but i'm starting with kickboxing (I did Krav Maga has a teen).

My money is definitely on the Discipline Angel.  She's gonna kick that laziness demon's @$s.   ;)

Also, I love love love that you're reconnecting with your love of cooking/baking!!  I am excited to hear more about that through the challenge.  I'm doing a similar thing, focusing on the activity that I love for its relaxing, therapeutic, and fun benefits, and not on overeating.  Congrats on getting good response from your coworkers!  It's always so awesome to get those compliments on something you love to do.   :)

Subbed!

I sure hope she does :)

You actually inspired me to give my baking another go - apart from really missing it, I was inspired by your truffles.  You're awesome!!

Hey!!

So you are learning portuguese as well? To travel to Brazil? Or just for the fun of it? I looooove this language (I have a reaaaaal passion for Brazil!)

One day to go!

I'm going to Brazill and i'm really enjoying learning the language.  It reminds me of the Latin i did at school.

Shame to hear about the sushi - does sashimi hit your cravings at all?

Also - following. 'Cause, y'know, you Guild Leaders are, like, harems of information and inspiration.

Sashimi should work, although sometimes the thought of the sliminess does get to me, but the restaurant downstairs is really awesome and  cut it up for me on those days. I hope to impart some information and inspiration here and hope not to disappoint you :)

I had to google sharkweek.  At first I thought it was some South African thing, cos, you're like near the sea, and probably have shark wresting contests and other things during the - hmm, not summer, winter ;)  Wikipedia suggested it was a TV series.  But urban dictionary corrected that notion.  Lol!

Hope you're feeling ok!

It must be nice to get all bake-y and then have your clients enjoy your food.  Have you watched the US TV series '2 Broke Girls'?  (it's a comedy about 2 women who try to grow a cupcake business)

I'd like to post something witty in Portuguese, but I don't know any, so have fun with your lessons :)

Oh i haven't spoken about sharkweek before?  The wrestling with sharks would be awesome! I love them! But alas it's not nearly as pleasant as that.

Yeah i love that series.  I am nowhere near as talented as her though, i have a way to go before i get there.  I actually didn't even think about her - crazy.

Whoa! I totally did not draw that connection until I looked it up. And I thought "Aunt Flo" was a bad euphemism! LOL!

hahahah, sorry.  yeah, i talk about it every now and then and use sharkweek as a nice way to mention it without actually going into details :)

Pre-challenge weekend: what a wonderfully relaxing weekend!  I didn't get a workout on saturday (my sharkweek pain was really bad) but Jay had booked me for a morning of pampering at my favourite salon - i literally spent the whole morning there getting a massage, a pedicure, a manicure and a facial. I felt amazing afterwards and don't know why i haven't had a massage (apart from sports massage) and a facial before.  Definitely adding it to my challenge rewards (for the next challenge perhaps). 

i also spent some time shopping and getting things for the apartment and myself.  There was a factory shop expo and that was a lot of fun - i got stuff i actually needed at a fraction of the price (including an awesome little suitcase to replace my current one before Brazil).  I also spent Sunday getting healthy snacks together (that weren't on my bad list) - i dried some apple and apricots, roasted some nuts and made some veggie crisps (sweet potato, beetroot, carrot and onion). And i attempted Macarons - my first batch was a disaster but i figured out most of the kinks and the second batch came out much better (and people like it).

Challenge tomorrow!!

Sterkte met hierdie uitdaging.

I'm with you on the Samoosas. I very occasionally buy myself two when I pass the shop, if the following conditions are met:1.  parking space right in front, and 2. I have the exact change to buy only two. I don't dare take in any extra money.

AB, your Superhero log just made my heart soar. SO MUCH AWESOME. 

Also, I'm going to echo the request for recipes! I am finally checking out your Paleo Blog and drooling. Love!!!

Congrats on your challenge-aversary! Looking forward to following your discipline journey :) 

Sterkte met hierdie uitdaging.

I'm with you on the Samoosas. I very occasionally buy myself two when I pass the shop, if the following conditions are met:1.  parking space right in front, and 2. I have the exact change to buy only two. I don't dare take in any extra money.

OMW, they're like the best thing in the whole world ever.  My assistant has promised to teach me how to make the pastry (after the Fast of course) and then i'm going to play around with it and see if i can maybe even get a baked version :)

Decided to swing by and wish you luck this challenge :)  I'll try popping over to cheer you on :D

Thanks Tate.  Your support is always so motivating :)

Kickboxing is awesome! It's so much fun and a really good workout. Have you started classes?

I haven't started classes yet.  I haven't even signed up yet :(  BUT i'm busy sourcing gear - the gym said i could get it from them, but i thought i'd first see if i can get a better price elsewhere (no luck yet).

AB, your Superhero log just made my heart soar. SO MUCH AWESOME. 

Also, I'm going to echo the request for recipes! I am finally checking out your Paleo Blog and drooling. Love!!!

Congrats on your challenge-aversary! Looking forward to following your discipline journey :)

Thanks Kat.  I will be posting more recipes soon, promise.  I just have to get this scheduling thing right first (and stop window shopping online for baking accessories).  I should hopefully have some more soup recipes up by the end of the weekend, but i can't make any promises on that :)

As always, AB, your goals are amazing! Can't wait to hear how the kickboxing goes!

Thanks PA.  I am quite excited about it.  The school i'm considering joining recommends that i start with boxing fitness first and then they'll see how i fare.  I reckon i shouldn't be too bad, i did Krav Maga as a teen, but i am a little outta practice and a lot out of fitness :P

Day 1I'VE BOOKED MY TICKET FOR BRAZIL!!!!  I have my ticket in hand (ok, i don't have it myself, but my bestie has it - she's my personal travel agent, literally). I was like a bubble of happiness all day yesterday and so super energetic.  I even went for a long walk and bought a dryer thing (not an actual power guzzling dryer, but a Dry Buddi) because I haven't been able to do any washing the past 10 days due to rain. It's getting a little desperate.  I also bought some more undies (for those of you who don't know, this is the 2nd or 3rd cycle my underwear drawer has had to undergo since the beginning of the year).  It feels good to have gotten rid of all those big(ger) undies. I wonder if i'll be bikini ready by December (probably not, but it doesn't stop me from trying).

I kinda forgot it was Day 1 - lol - and had a macaron (and some actual honey comb from my mum's beehive) before i remembered.  I wasn't thinking and everyone was raving about my macarons so i had to try them.  They were all seriously impressed that i had never made them before and they were quite literally tasting my second batch (the first one failed so badly that failcakes was actually literal).  I researched why i had failed and then made my second batch - you gotta love the interwebs. They weren't as sweet as i thought they would be, but i think that had something to do with the fact that i used 85% dark chocolate to make the ganache filling, so the slight bitterness counteracted the sweetness. Still not something i will be eating anytime soon though. Funny how Masterchef and the likes make macaron making seem so difficult. 

Jay was in charge of supper and decided that he didn't want to cook so it was pizza night.  I think i need to make some contingency meals for his lazy nights.  I mostly don't mind them cos they mean we go out to eat and i can eat around whatever's there - steak and salad and burgers, nom nom - but because i took so long getting home, he ordered in. It was chicken and avo and bacon on an ultra thin crust with goats cheese, so i won't complain too much about it.

Q1: haven't signed up yet, researching equipment

Q2: Protein: 77.64 Carbs: 209.05 Calories: 1833

Q3: 90% snack free

Q4: 54.5pts

So pretty much a fail of a day, but hey that's not how i felt :)

Also in keeping with the theme of discipline this challenge, I will be doing my work work first (although my boss is quite happy for me to do NF in work hours) and only then will i be posting on here.  So you'll see my posts much later than usual, but i need discipline in ALL areas of my life for it to be most effective.

It seems funny but when I lost weight the first time, I was most excited about needing to buy smaller underwear. Somehow that was more real than needing smaller shirts or pants. 

I trained for a while at a fight gym. I mostly did the "combat fitness" class but I tried the striking and BJJ classes too. I loved BJJ I just wasn't fit enough at the time to really be able to learn. I'm excited to hear your experiences. 

Also a big Woohoo! for getting your Brazil trip booked! 

I disappear for a while and come back to find you kickboxing & going to Brazil?!  Dang girl-you go for it! 

Can you hook me up with the paleo Kung Pao chicken?  It sounds SOOO yummy!

Wow, sounds like an epic first day. You're right, though, about needing the discipline and such. It'll make you strong and keep you strong.

Clothes shopping is weird as you get into better and better shape. But it's a good kind of weird. Worth experiencing. :)

(probably not, but it doesn't stop me from trying).

Wrong Answer!!!!!  Do I really have to breakout the most over used Yoda quote?!?!?!?  You are AB, a guild leading, needer of smaller undies, soon to be knock out punch throughing, discipline gaining bad ass!!!  You will do it.

I do not accept "trying" from a superhero.  Nuff said!

I'm so excited to read about your trip to Brazil, and your boxing adventures, and all the yummy food you're making! This will be the best challenge yet!

Oh my word, Brazil!!? Not fair, I want to go! Such a noisy, colourful sounding place (you wont be homesick hehe). What a way to start your challenge!

Kudos to you for having the self control to bake and not taste half the batter! Something I'm still battling with (you think your discipline is swak, hah!)

Also I saw you mentioned buying nuts and wondered if you know about that place in Ottery - Yellow Submarine. They sell in bulk at good prices.

Looking forward to Day 2 :D

Also in keeping with the theme of discipline this challenge, I will be doing my work work first (although my boss is quite happy for me to do NF in work hours) and only then will i be posting on here.  So you'll see my posts much later than usual, but i need discipline in ALL areas of my life for it to be most effective.

I TOTALLY AGREE. Discipline is cross-disciplinary. That said, I should probably get back to work...

But not before I say BRAZIL????? Awesome :D

AND! Undies!!! AND!

Wrong Answer!!!!!  Do I really have to breakout the most over used Yoda quote?!?!?!?  You are AB, a guild leading, needer of smaller undies, soon to be knock out punch throughing, discipline gaining bad ass!!!  You will do it.

I do not accept "trying" from a superhero.  Nuff said!

Mitch, Yoda it up.

AB, do it. :)