The 'Blaidd of Greater Discipline pt.1 [2013.5]

Blaidd

Brazil!!!  I know you've been looking forward to this and now the first step is done - I can see why you were on cloud 9.  And if your worst fail is a 90% success, that ain't bad!

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Woo!  Look at Mitch, all fired up!  AB, you heard the man -- Sit up, put your feet on the floor and don't look back.  You've got work to do.

Level 2 Human Ranger

(2 Ad, 1R, 1M, 1As)

STR 4 | DEX 2 | STA 7.5 | CON 9 | WIS 7.5| CHA 5.5

Challenges: 1 | Current | Battle Log
"Get up, put your feet on the floor, and don't look back, because we've got work to do.  Welcome to the grind."

I have had to buy undies twice in the last year (smaller) 

my friend (with whom I discuss my weight loss plans and with whom I discuss weight... AND I have totally blown his weight loss out of the water this year and he is kinda mad at me) ... I was talking to him about how I was going to have to buy undies again and I was excited because I had to buy ANOTHER bra.... was like "ENOUGH about your underwear!!!!! I DON'T CARE!!!!"

it was so funny :)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Brava on both BRAZIL!!! and smaller underwear. Just got some myself last week and am feeling rather smug about it. Sounds like a trend starting in NF! The smaller undies gang!

Human Ranger, Level 10
Long-term Goal: Hike WA section of Pacific Crest Trail, August 2014

Current Challenge | Facebook (personal & locavore) | Blog | Twitter

"You stand at the verge, and you could become anything." - Dan Chaon

It seems funny but when I lost weight the first time, I was most excited about needing to buy smaller underwear. Somehow that was more real than needing smaller shirts or pants. 

I trained for a while at a fight gym. I mostly did the "combat fitness" class but I tried the striking and BJJ classes too. I loved BJJ I just wasn't fit enough at the time to really be able to learn. I'm excited to hear your experiences. 

Also a big Woohoo! for getting your Brazil trip booked! 

Yay for smaller clothes.  I think it's the worst and best thing about losing weight - i hate shopping, but it's so exciting that i am shopping for smaller clothes :)

I disappear for a while and come back to find you kickboxing & going to Brazil?!  Dang girl-you go for it! 

Can you hook me up with the paleo Kung Pao chicken?  It sounds SOOO yummy!

KUIKS!!!!  welcome back!!  Yeah kickboxing and brazil, i didn't realise there were so many changes happening in my life this year - hahahaha.  I'm sorry i haven't texted you in a while, it's been a little busy as you can see :)  How are things with you.  I am going to find your thread now.

I will post the Kung Pao Chicken recipe first before i post anything else, promise. It's delicious, but beware: inhaling cooking chilli fumes is hazardous to your immediate health ;)

Wow, sounds like an epic first day. You're right, though, about needing the discipline and such. It'll make you strong and keep you strong.

Clothes shopping is weird as you get into better and better shape. But it's a good kind of weird. Worth experiencing. :)

I didn't think it was an epic day, but i am always my worst critic and so hard on myself.  It's something i've been learning to deal with too.  Yay for discipline!  I'm getting better at it, but i really have to think about it sometimes.

I don't like shopping, unless it's online shopping, so i'm a little anxious about all this new clothes shopping i have to do.  I'm lucky in that i have 2 boxes of smaller clothes that i could never bring myself to donate, so i do have a few items that i can use and just need to add one or two things at a time, so i avoid that mostly.  But I honestly think i will like shopping more when i'm not searching through thousands of things to find one thing that fits anymore :)

Wrong Answer!!!!!  Do I really have to breakout the most over used Yoda quote?!?!?!?  You are AB, a guild leading, needer of smaller undies, soon to be knock out punch throughing, discipline gaining bad ass!!!  You will do it.

I do not accept "trying" from a superhero.  Nuff said!

*stands at attention* YES SIR!!!

thanks for the reminder that i'm a BAMF and a SIT and that i CAN do it and i WILL.

I'm so excited to read about your trip to Brazil, and your boxing adventures, and all the yummy food you're making! This will be the best challenge yet!

Mands, you're going to have to wait a few more months for the Brazil adventures (although i can definitely tell you all about my adventures in planning). BUT i promise to tell you about boxing and food and baking and all the other adventures too.  There are so many wonderful things happening that sometimes i struggle to keep up with myself.

Oh my word, Brazil!!? Not fair, I want to go! Such a noisy, colourful sounding place (you wont be homesick hehe). What a way to start your challenge!

Kudos to you for having the self control to bake and not taste half the batter! Something I'm still battling with (you think your discipline is swak, hah!)

Also I saw you mentioned buying nuts and wondered if you know about that place in Ottery - Yellow Submarine. They sell in bulk at good prices.

Looking forward to Day 2 :D

hehehe, yeah it won't be much different to being in SA, although different language, you know. 

Oh my goodness the batter calls sometimes, but i've never taste tested my food ever while cooking or baking.  I don't know whether it was something my gran (the baker) or my dad (the chef) taught me, but i bake/cook by smell.  Although that's becoming increasingly difficult cos i struggle to naturally smell my own food these days too (i can't smell new leather either - working in a leather factory and surrounded by it all day). 

omw, that's so funny.  I worked for the lady that owns Yellow Submarine, when i was in high school (i used to work on various flea markets for her on weekends).  I had no idea that she'd moved to Obs from Kenilworth.  I normally get my goodies delivered to me (for free) from Komati foods - they're also in Obs and also really well priced. 

I TOTALLY AGREE. Discipline is cross-disciplinary. That said, I should probably get back to work...

But not before I say BRAZIL????? Awesome :D

AND! Undies!!! AND!

Mitch, Yoda it up.

AB, do it. :)

hahaha Katia.  Yeah, work.  I did a solid 6 hours this morning - after being late, and it was ok. Now my head hurts and i miss my NFers!

Hey you.

Discipline is such a hard thing for me to learn, so I respect this challenge a lot.

Cheers to progress!

Hey hunny, i am super thrilled you're back this challenge!!  I have a lot of respect for you too and so it swells me with pride that you feel that way too :)

Brazil!!!  I know you've been looking forward to this and now the first step is done - I can see why you were on cloud 9.  And if your worst fail is a 90% success, that ain't bad!

i know right!!!  I am so excited, i can't sit still at the moment.  But i've tempered down a little and now i'm knuckling down on all the planning, but the best part is that i'm going to visit Shoobie (another NFer friend i made) and she's helping me a lot with tons of details.  Like which areas i can find cheaper accommodation (when i'm not with her in Rio) that aren't dodgy and how to get around and with my portuguese and things to do while in Rio.  It's all so exciting and I'm most looking forward to buying a proper brazilian bikini.

yeah 90% isn't bad, but it could get worse ;)

Woo!  Look at Mitch, all fired up!  AB, you heard the man -- Sit up, put your feet on the floor and don't look back.  You've got work to do.

Yeah he got scary there for a minute.  I almost thought he was going to take me over his knee and give me a spanking (minds out the gutter).  Sheesh!  But i will listen to the man and soldier on.  I am a superhero afterall, no?!

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

I have had to buy undies twice in the last year (smaller) 

my friend (with whom I discuss my weight loss plans and with whom I discuss weight... AND I have totally blown his weight loss out of the water this year and he is kinda mad at me) ... I was talking to him about how I was going to have to buy undies again and I was excited because I had to buy ANOTHER bra.... was like "ENOUGH about your underwear!!!!! I DON'T CARE!!!!"

it was so funny :)

it's a great feeling and totes congrats Jenn.  That's good going and i know how you feel.  In his sleepy stupor while i was walking around in my underwear, Jay says to me this morning "babe, your breasts are starting to defy gravity again" (sorry guys, TMI).  i had to stop and check it out - he wasn't half wrong.  They ARE!!!  WOOOO!!!

Brava on both BRAZIL!!! and smaller underwear. Just got some myself last week and am feeling rather smug about it. Sounds like a trend starting in NF! The smaller undies gang!

It does feel like an achievement :)  And i think people just don't talk about underwear cos it's not socially acceptable or something, but i talk about everything.  clearly ;)

This challenge is so awesome!

Brazil is super amazing.  I hope you have a great time there!

If you've got any questions about equipment, we're all here!

You've given me some awesome advice already on boxing gloves.  thanks a mil.  I will definitely remember what you told me when i go into the gym on Monday for my first lesson and choose my gloves.

"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright

My challenge

Dit lyk fantasties!

Best of luck with this challenge.  I LOVE the reward system.  I think I need that for my next challenge.  Best of luck and go for gold!

Level 2 Half-Elf Druid

STR 2 | DEX 6 | STA 6 | CON 4 | WIS 8.5 | CHA 3.5

1st challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/30386-faery-face%E2%80%99s-1st-challenge/

2nd challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33600-faery-faces-round-2-grounding-myself/

A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. ~ Colin Powell

Day 2: It was a fun but very long day.  I started my morning in gym and almost made it out of bed on time (snoozed for a further 5 min til i got bored) and did some lifting.  I really love weight lifting, it makes me feel powerful and not even a bit awkward when all the other women in the gym are gawking at me like i'm some kinda animal in a cage.  I am an animal in a cage though - I'm a BEAST in a RACK!!! LOL

I enjoyed my portuguese classes last night, although i got a little bored, because we're behind all the other classes (although they don't speak as fluently as we do) and most of the class missed last thursday's lesson so it was all catch up and they're all struggling.  Myself and the italian girl in my class are the only two not struggling (give us time, we might get there) but i think it's because we both have a latin based background (i studied it at school and speak spanish too).  It's a little frustrating at times, but i keep reminding myself that it's babysteps - you gotta crawl before you walk and walk before you run.  I will find my trip up point, i'm sure.

I got home and Jay wasn't there, but he did clean up for me AND make me dinner (he went out with his friends though, so he only made dinner for me).  I almost suffered on my life quest cos of it, but luckily he left me a load of laundry to fold and pack away and some more laundry to wash.  He never ever washes dishes so i was super surprised when my baking dishes from the night before were washed and i wondered what he wanted, but when he got home he said he thought i deserved a break cos i've been working so hard.  AAAWWWW! How can no one love someone like that :)

Q1: no gym signed up for, but i've gotten some good advice on my gloves.  I will do this tomorrow, i promise.

Q2: Protein 56.57 (not good) Carbs 121.17 (yay)

Q3: 100% snack free (and i posted a post it to myself on the macaron box in my office - see below)

Q4: 73.5% getting there.

note to self:

fBL2KFbl.jpg

My challenge

Oh i forgot to mention, i've updated my first post with rewards

If i get an A on each of my quests i get:

Q1: a new hairstyle

Q2: a custom fit bra

Q3: a pair of designer heels

Q4: 2 professional house cleans (by a professional cleaning service of course)

My challenge

Oh i forgot to mention, i've updated my first post with rewards

If i get an A on each of my quests i get:

Q1: a new hairstyle

Q2: a custom fit bra

Q3: a pair of designer heels

Q4: 2 professional house cleans (by a professional cleaning service of course)

Outstanding, I really like the idea of a reward per quest type.  And the note on the box of macaroons is hysterical!!  I use to have a similar note on my pantry door.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

What! Rewards! The reward of a challenge is MOAR CHALLANGES.

Also, those look totally awesome, and I wish I was good at rewarding myself. T.T

YES! That's why you're our leader, fearless leader!

lvl 4 Astartes Monk STR 8.5 | STA 9.5 | CON 6.5 | DEX 7.75 | WIS 10 | CHA 7.25

"Burn the Calorie, Kill the Workout, Purge the Apathy"

Push Up Challenge: Yellow Belt (36)

SO jealous of you getting to go to Brazil! I was daydreaming/internet floating over the idea of taking a getaway to Jamaica or somewhere else that isn't the middle of nowhere.

Your reward system is sweet too, I contemplated doing one similar but couldn't think of anything fun. Maybe something will come to me toward the end of the challenge :)

"Even if you don't make it all the way, those last 10 seconds of trying and not getting anywhere - that's where you gain the most strength." - Jessie Graff

Nice job not super snoozing and making it to the gym! And I love your note to self. :D

Great reward system! I love material rewards for things that I work hard on.

Also, custom fit bras? The best. I finally got into the right size a couple years ago (and I've kept it up as my body has changed) and it looked like I instantly lost 10 lbs. Amazing. My back feels better, and everything is where it's supposed to be all the time. Magic. 

Level 5 Human Ranger

with Monk-Druid Leanings

STR 12 | DEX 2 | STA 9 | CON 13.5 | WIS 7.25 | CHA 8.75

challenge 1 | challenge 2 | challenge 3 | challenge 4 current challenge 

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"

Mary Oliver

Love your macaron-box note!  Very amusing!

Nice idea with the rewards - looks like you picked things you would like but not normally get for yourself, yes?  I'm trying to think what such things would be like for me....

Sounds like Jay won some serious points with his cleaning and recognizing your hard work.  Smart guy!  Just goes to show - us Y-chromosome people are not completely relationship-impaired all the time!  :peaceful:

OrcWarrior

Current challenge  6 5 4 3 2 1 Favorite recipes

Level 4 ranger  Str 13 Dex 4 Sta 12 Con 12 Wis 11 Cha 5

“Success is not final...Failure is not fatal...it's the courage to continue that counts†-Winston Churchill

"One step at a time, I can walk around the world. Watch me." -Aral Vorkosigan, Barrayar, 1991

Going great guns already AB, good to see.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Portuguese lessons, you definitely have a leg up if you can already speak Spanish. It's true there's a lot of crossover between the latin based languages, I speak French and studied Italian for a little while, it was way easier knowing the French.

Stoked you got your ticket booked, that makes it all real, going to be an awesome holiday :positive:

Endor, LVL 40 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Current Challenge (Jan 2021)

Also, those look totally awesome, and I wish I was good at rewarding myself. T.T

What, monks don't usually reward themselves with designer heels?  Well, move over monk guild, cause AB's bringing the change with her.  Soon you'll all be buying heels..... ;)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Outstanding, I really like the idea of a reward per quest type.  And the note on the box of macaroons is hysterical!!  I use to have a similar note on my pantry door.

I'm lucky that i don't have to worry about "bad" food at home.  Jay doesn't eat anything sweet, so we don't have those kinds of temptation at home and i buy my baking  extras on the day i bake, so no temptation to munch on the chocolate or caramels or whatever before then :)

hehehehe, there will always be MOAR CHALLENGES but there won't always be more designer heels - they're just way to expensive!  You should reward yourself, Kishi. It makes for a little bit of happiness.

YES! That's why you're our leader, fearless leader!

indeed!! 

I hope I can get myself back into the gym and feel it like you do.  So cool.  Great rewards too.  I might think about doing something like that next challenge,

step by step, Tate.  It took me forever to fall in love with the gym and now it's just second nature!!

SO jealous of you getting to go to Brazil! I was daydreaming/internet floating over the idea of taking a getaway to Jamaica or somewhere else that isn't the middle of nowhere.

Your reward system is sweet too, I contemplated doing one similar but couldn't think of anything fun. Maybe something will come to me toward the end of the challenge :)

Jamaica sounds lovely!  I come from an "exotic" destination (cape town, south africa) so my favourite holidays are usually the unusual ones in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately i don't know the culture and people of Brazil yet, so i'm a little weary of going off the beaten path without help, but there aren't many tours that take one on those travels.  This holiday will mostly be touristy, but i also plan on spending an evening on a hatching beach patiently waiting for the turtles to do their thing, so that's not entirely touristy. I will come back to Brazil one day in the future and do the less touristy thing, no doubt.

Nice job not super snoozing and making it to the gym! And I love your note to self. :D

Great reward system! I love material rewards for things that I work hard on.

Also, custom fit bras? The best. I finally got into the right size a couple years ago (and I've kept it up as my body has changed) and it looked like I instantly lost 10 lbs. Amazing. My back feels better, and everything is where it's supposed to be all the time. Magic. 

i'm dying to try a custom fit bra, but there aren't many places around here that offer the service.  There's a place near my mum but it's a little on the dear side, so i know that if i'm going to do it i want it to be a reward for something i've worked hard towards (and hopefully lost a few more cms to make it worth it).

Love your macaron-box note!  Very amusing!

Nice idea with the rewards - looks like you picked things you would like but not normally get for yourself, yes?  I'm trying to think what such things would be like for me....

Sounds like Jay won some serious points with his cleaning and recognizing your hard work.  Smart guy!  Just goes to show - us Y-chromosome people are not completely relationship-impaired all the time!  :peaceful:

Yeah i wouldn't normally go out and buy designer heels or custom fit bras or even spend money on a professional cleaning service, so those are definitely rewards. i love shoes and don't mind buying them all the time (i don't though) but i don't own anything designer yet :)

Jay is an absolute darling a good percentage of the time, but it's always fab when he comes up with something on his own (you know, instead of me asking for help he just does it).  He's a great cook, but i don't often "allow" him opportunities in the kitchen cos i'm always in there concocting something. I keep forgetting how helping me makes him feel too, cos i am used to doing everything on my own (being an independent control freak has its downsides) so these evenings that i'm not home he gets to help - great for his self esteem.

Going great guns already AB, good to see.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Portuguese lessons, you definitely have a leg up if you can already speak Spanish. It's true there's a lot of crossover between the latin based languages, I speak French and studied Italian for a little while, it was way easier knowing the French.

Stoked you got your ticket booked, that makes it all real, going to be an awesome holiday :positive:

it is easier, but i keep wanting to slip back into old ways.  I'm learning though :)

What, monks don't usually reward themselves with designer heels?  Well, move over monk guild, cause AB's bringing the change with her.  Soon you'll all be buying heels..... ;)

challenge accepted!!  If i can get them all in heels, i would have accomplished something indeed ;)

Watch out guys, these are coming for you!!

p6JxkEx.jpg

My challenge

I'm lucky that i don't have to worry about "bad" food at home.  Jay doesn't eat anything sweet, so we don't have those kinds of temptation at home and i buy my baking  extras on the day i bake, so no temptation to munch on the chocolate or caramels or whatever before then :)

I wish I was that lucky!  Right now there is pasta, bread and white rice in my pantry......... goal this weekend is to move everything around in the pantry so it's not all stareing me in the face every time I open the door!  Not to mention my wife loves to bake, and is really really good at it....I give alot of baked goods away to people.

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

Day 3:  Oh my!  The dizziness is overwhelming!!  I had some more of the honeycomb i got from my mum's hive when i got home and i think it might've spiked my blood sugar levels too quickly causing my blood pressure to drop, because a few hours later i couldn't even stand on my own.  Jay popped me into the shower and then helped me into bed. 

I don't remember much of my day - no woots as far as i can remember, except a crazy delicious pork stirfry i made before the dizziness hit.

Q1: signed up for the gym - i start on Monday with a beginners class

Q2: Protein: 104.79 (woot) Carbs: 188.88 (bad) Cals: 1917 Fats: 78.61

Q3: 95% snack free - I'm counting the honeycomb even though it's mostly healthy, it's still pure sugar

Q4: routine 69.5% complete

My challenge

I oh so totally love those shoes :)

they are totally kick ass!!

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines