• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kishi

The Rambling Ronin

Huh, took me this long to realise that after all the commenting you do on my posts I haven't reciprocated (just hovered and read). 

Financial hardship times are a massive pain and great to hear that you're giving yourself the mental time off from being mired in worry from time to time (also, the exercise probably helps, even when you really don't wanna do it).

Ender's Game and Speaker For the Dead are excellent! (I've also read Ender's Shadow, which was really interesting and elucidating for the first novel, but not required reading). Not to say I approve of OSC for the aforementioned homophobic lunacy (I'm in a country where, as of recently, I can get married, but even though he's far away it still rankles).

Sigh, from your blog "All writers are obligated to write the Next Great Something. Write it, but never finish it. That's what makes us fun to talk to at parties." So many feels for that thought, for both academic and fiction writing. Also, excellent blog posts so far.

Nah, man, don't worry about it. I see the views go up. I know people are there, even if they don't speak up. It's all good.

Now you, sir, are in a strange place. In general, it seems that people who disapprove of OSC's views on homosexuality also disapprove of reading his books. And yet, here you are having read them, it sounds like. That seems like a really tense place to be.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the blog and that it's making you feel a little. I'll see about having something else up this next week.

Aw, Kish, I'm so sorry, man. :(  If I lived near you I'd tots give you rides err'were. Car troubles SUCK!

You are a beast to keep trekking on the way you do. You have had so much this challenge pulling you down and you are still here trying to better yourself and keep moving forward all while lifting all of us up too. Much respect and much love.

I hope it gets better for you soon. :)

I'm glad you'd help me if you were nearby. I'd never ask, though, because I'm proud, and pride is nothing more than (I + DERP). I definitely appreciate the thought, though.

Thank you. Really.

Sorry for your troubles, man. I will say that a car doesn't need power steering. And depending on the car and your mechanical knowledge, it's pretty easy to disable completely. Not having power steering sucks on so many levels; however, it does relieve some of the pressure of finding a car now.

It does. And if the power steering gave out, I could handle it. I'm kind of strong, and it's not the first time I've dealt with something like that.

Still, that's not the only thing. The radiator's got a slow leak and it's missing its cap, and the engine's just crossed the 200K mark, in addition to minor cosmetic damages due to scrapes and such over the years. It's less the fact of the car and more the burden I feel that I should be better able to take care of this kind of thing than I am right now, if you get my meaning.

Schedule: 38/41

Odd strength: 30/35

Writing: 29.5/41

And, with that, we come to the end of the challenge. I did some more Tabata sprints on Saturday and some isometric holds. Sunday, I told myself to work out. I kept telling myself. Until I went to bed. Real lack of momentum there. Just could not get over the hump on that.

Today would have been a rest day, but since I'm wanting to take a hand in active recovery, I've started to do a yoga routine to get my various parts healed up. It felt good to move through the poses again today. Think I'll keep this up all week if I can; I see no reason that I couldn't... I guess we'll see what surprises await this week to throw that plan off.

Anyway! Let's tally this thing up.

Schedule: 38/41. Not sure where the 42nd day went. 93% - A. +2 WIS, +2 STA, +1 CON

Conditioning: Passed. Achieved 75+ Consecutive KB Swings and achieved full Tabata capability. +2 STA, +1 STR

Strange Strength: 30/35. 86%. Just shy of being a very, very low A grade. +2.25 STR

LIFE GOAL: THIS EFFING THING. Still, the writing is more consistent, and that's what I was aiming for. 72%. Lower side of a B. +1.5 WIS, +1.5 CHA.

And, I guess that's that. Not my strongest, but hey. I never finish these things feeling like I did everything I could do.

So, it's done. Thank y'all for following a crazy Ronin through his trials and travails. I have some crazy new stuff coming up on the horizon, and I think it might just be more fun than a barrel of monkeys. But I'm not sure. It might depend on the monkeys.

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Which two lines are you talking about? The 'official' last two lines, or the last two lines in parentheses?

Oh, entirely the parenthetical.  It make me grin like a mad man.

As for your challenge, I think it looks damned fine.  Hell, those KB swings alone I still find amazing.  And starting up that blog?  Also awesome.

I think you rocked this challenge, and the monkeys in the future should beware.

Oh, entirely the parenthetical.  It make me grin like a mad man.

As for your challenge, I think it looks damned fine.  Hell, those KB swings alone I still find amazing.  And starting up that blog?  Also awesome.

I think you rocked this challenge, and the monkeys in the future should beware.

Ah, thanks! I don't get to play around with logic and criticism very often, so I like to have fun when I do.

And thanks. I still find it hard to believe I rocked it that hard. It seemed like it would be super far away, and it turned out not to be.

I think you're right. I talked to a coach dude to confirm some things, and I think it's gonna be a sick nasty challenge next time.

Man, you had A LOT thrown at you this challenge!

I agree with RisenPhoenix; your KB swings were the shiznit. And hill sprints: GAHH!

And you still kept it up with all the job changes, family reunions and car troubles. That is perseverance: a virtue of a true monk.

I bow to you. :tranquillity:

p.s I'm looking forward to you horizonstuff, monkeys and all! :)

Man, you had A LOT thrown at you this challenge!

I agree with RisenPhoenix; your KB swings were the shiznit. And hill sprints: GAHH!

And you still kept it up with all the job changes, family reunions and car troubles. That is perseverance: a virtue of a true monk.

I bow to you. :tranquillity:

p.s I'm looking forward to you horizonstuff, monkeys and all! :)

Yeah, you're right. Would've been better if it could have come sooner than the last week.

I'm glad y'all think so. Anybody could learn to do that stuff. Just takes time and effort.

Well, shucks. I had to persevere. I don't lead too good from the back. Don't have a strong voice, so I can't yell at people and tell them what to do. Got to go out front, you know? Show you guys what's up. :D

m(_ _)m