SwoleTroll's 15 Weeks to 400 Part One

chairohkey

224456_499005990124609_16675031_n.jpg

Main Quest:

To record 400+ Wilks score at IPL World's.

I recently qualified for the IPL World Powerlifting Championship with a 1,438.5 total at 242 lbs. Not bad but I fell short of my goal of 1,450 by 12 lbs. I'm content but not satisfied with my performance. I can and will do better next time around. I've long considered a 400 Wilks to be a good bench mark of strength, a milestone that puts you in the "no longer fucking around" category. In order to accomplish this I need to post a 1,500 at 242 but fuck that noise. Its time to get serious about this little hobby of mine, so its 1,450 at 220.

Goal 1 Lifting:  No Missed Reps

67898776655567900.jpg

I've already planned out my training cycle. The goal is to hit all the prescribed reps and auto-regulate the PR sets. If my body feels up to it then go for it.

Goal 2 Eating:  IIFYM

201207junk-food.jpg

Same deal as the beginning of last challenge. The goal is to be within 5 g of each macro daily.

P - 250 g

C - 200 g

F - 100 g

Goal 3 Recovery:  DeFranco's Agile 8

roll_out1.jpg

The goal is to do this a minimum of five mornings a week, preferably at home before I hit the gym.

Life Quest: AOM Weekly Planning: How to Plan Your Week

large.jpg

While lifting is my passion it can't be my top priority, that's where family and work falls. So I need to maximize my time in order to keep everyone happy. The goal is to complete six weekly planning sessions.

I like this, we have very similar 1-3 goals. Which should make sense, our Main Quest is basically the same thing.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

ibef62sz5lX5ZO.gif

Added to my favorite gifs bookmarks under "brosplosion". It's right above kirby eating all the things.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

i love this. they better stream the championships so we can watch!

Definitely. I'll post the link up so you nerds can flood the stream again.

Squeeeee!!

(If this post seems brief or anything like that it's because I'm using my phone and don't want to type a lot :))

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I'm glad I read your challenge goals before finishing up on my own.  I had the same idea for a life goal but didn't know how to go about doing it.  After reading yours and the link to the AOM post, I have a much better idea of how to go about it!

Also I second Spezzy, they had better stream the championships!

-KiltedCowboy

Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-5

Confederate Thrower of Heavy Stuff

Lt. WFD - 37'9" | Hvy. WFD - 16'8" | Braemar Stone - 21'0" | Open Stone - 28'7

WOB - ? | Lt. Hammer - 71'7"| Hvy. Hammer - ? | Sheaf - ? | Caber - ?

Best gif ever.....

I've been wasting too much of my day here lately. r/gifs

Looks like we can race to 220# too.  

PVP?

Is there a reason you are being so strict on the fat/carbs for your diet?  Within 5g is crazy hardcore.

It helps with my meal planning. By planning out a day in advance to within 5g it take the guess work out of it so I'm not raiding the cupboard at the end of the day because I haven't hit my fat macros.

I'm glad I read your challenge goals before finishing up on my own.  I had the same idea for a life goal but didn't know how to go about doing it.  After reading yours and the link to the AOM post, I have a much better idea of how to go about it!

Yeah in the past I've been my most productive when I adhere to a strict plan or schedule. I've seen it in my lifting and diet, now I just need to translate it to other parts of my life.

I've been wasting too much of my day here lately. r/gifs

you've been holding out on me. 

Good-bye, Friday.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Good-bye, Friday.

crap.

so that's where you went on AIM. heh.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

crap.

so that's where you went on AIM. heh.

Ha! This is not helpful in the "look like I'm working" thing I'm trying to do :P

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Good-bye, Friday.

3H4Xv.gif

1450#?!?!?!  You are certainly the Swolest of the Trolls!  Big inspiration for me as I shoot for 1000#!

Thanks.

Going to start logging my training sessions here starting Monday. Focus of these next couple of months will be my deadlift and tweaking my bench press.

Coach and I both agree I can add some to my BP by widening my grip a bit so main lifts day will be wide grip and accessory day will be close grip. How close is my comp grip now? See pics below.

gallery_3779_270_12705.jpg

gallery_3779_270_8385.jpg

Finally I'll transition to pulling sumo.

I'm interested to see how it goes. I want to try the switch, but don't wanna waste conventional development time and miss getting 600 by the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

500 / 330 / 625

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines