swimsuit_zpsd1702ce8.jpg

WOLVERINE TAKES IT ALL OFF

INTRODUCTION

I have three big events coming up in the next couple of months: a camping trip, a vacation in Las Vegas, and Pretty Panty Party IV*.  All of these events will result in my being in various states of undress in front of largish groups of people and when I strip down I would like to look like Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity (handcuffs optional), which is impossible.  I'll settle for Ryan Reynolds' younger, shorter, more average looking, but infinitely more awesome brother.

*Pretty Panty Party IV is an annual event (the fourth!) in which my friends strip down to their elaborately decorated skivvies, drink too much, and perform ridiculous "choreographed" dances for cheap prizes from the local dollar store.  It's ridiculously awesome.

MAIN QUEST

Reduce bodyfat and increase muscle mass while maintaining a weight of 136 lb. (+/- 3 lb.).

GOALS

1. Fully embrace chaos.
    No set training routines, no strict eating plans, no boundaries.  As long as the goals are met and the mission is achieved, no #$&% shall be given.
    +1 WIS +1 CHA

2. Train 5+ days per week.
    Pretty simple.  I hope to workout every day, but @!$# happens.  No set routine.  No set workout time.  No rules.
    +1 STR, +2 DEX, +2 STA

3. Set calories for initial weight loss, then adjust to balance body composition and performance desires.
    Initial target = 1800 calories per day on average.  Focus on protein and fiber (veggies!).  Adjust target when necessary.  IIFYM.
    +3 CON, +1CHA

4. Read technical book for work.
    342 pages of dry but worthwhile content.  Read it in a day or spread it out over the six weeks.  Don't matter.
    +3 WIS

SIDE QUEST

Complete 5 hours (combined total) of planks, hollow body, and Superman holds by the end of the challenge.
+1 STA

STARTING STATS

• Height: 5 ft. 7 in.

• Weight: 142.6 lb. (142.77 lb. 7-day average)

• Chest: 37.5 in.

• Waist: 29.75 in.

• Bodyfat: 12.05%

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Interesting picture at the start. The pink mermaid rubbing his nipple and all.

I will be stalking your thread making sure you keep it together.

Will you be logging each time you progress?

It's not 80% diet, 20% exercise, it's 100% diet, 100% exercise. Give it your all.

My journey (Date - Total - BF % - LBM)

2012-01-01 - 242 - 35% - 157

2013-12-15 - 172 - 10% - 155

2016-05-01 - 231 - 25% - 173

My friends, brothers, sisters... Wolfie has fallen into the claws of the chaossins! The dark side claimed him for now, but I believe it is not to late to have him back!

Let's take him back in the purity and cleanliness of spreadsheets! For the holy Table, for the Order against the Chaos! I will fight.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Interesting picture at the start. The pink mermaid rubbing his nipple and all.

I will be stalking your thread making sure you keep it together.

Will you be logging each time you progress?

I have a soft spot for the Marvel Swimsuit Specials... My younger self was never the same after purchasing my first one. ;)

I'll be logging EVERYTHING, as per my usual!

Goals sound good. I'm especially intrigued by your chaos goal. I have to have a routine otherwise my life falls apart. 

After a couple of failed challenges in which I couldn't stick with a routine, I've decided to work WITH my natural tendencies rather than against them.

Chaos? CHAOS??? But where is the spreadsheet?!

Never fear, there will ALWAYS be a spreadsheet.  I'll just be tracking chaos rather than structure this time around.  ;)

My friends, brothers, sisters... Wolfie has fallen into the claws of the chaossins! The dark side claimed him for now, but I believe it is not to late to have him back!

Let's take him back in the purity and cleanliness of spreadsheets! For the holy Table, for the Order against the Chaos! I will fight.

:D

obi-wan.jpg

One who follows the ways of IIFYM clearly has not succumb to the dark side.

For shizzle.  I don't know how people give up PB&J and call themselves good eaters...

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

INTRODUCTION

I have three big events coming up in the next couple of months: a camping trip, a vacation in Las Vegas, and Pretty Panty Party IV*.  All of these events will result in my being in various states of undress in front of largish groups of people and when I strip down I would like to look like Ryan Reynolds in Blade Trinity (handcuffs optional), which is impossible.  I'll settle for Ryan Reynolds' younger, shorter, more average looking, but infinitely more awesome brother.

*Pretty Panty Party IV is an annual event (the fourth!) in which my friends strip down to their elaborately decorated skivvies, drink too much, and perform ridiculous "choreographed" dances for cheap prizes from the local dollar store.  It's ridiculously awesome.

Intense!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

CHEST & BACK

• Warmup

• Push-up
  • Wide Pull-up
  • Military Push-up
  • Chin-up

• Wide Push-up
  • Narrow Pull-up
  • Decline Push-up
  • DB Heavy Pant

• Diamond Push-up
  • DB One-arm Row
  • Dive Bomber Push-up
  • Ring Body Row

• Wide Pull-up
  • Push-up
  • Chin-up
  • Military Push-up

• Narrow Pull-up
  • Wide Push-up
  • DB Heavy Pant
  • Decline Push-up

• DB One-arm Row
  • Diamond Push-up
  • Ring Body Row
  • Dive Bomber Push-up

• In and Out
  • Seated Bicycle
  • Reverse Bicycle
  • Seated Crunchy Frog
  • Wide Leg Sit-up
  • Fifer Scissors
  • Hip Rock and Raise
  • Pulse-up
  • Oblique V-up
  • Leg Climb
  • Mason Twist

• Cooldown

NOTES

• This is the P90X Chest & Back routine done without the video.  It's a lot harder doing it on my own (less Tony Horton talking = less rest = harder and quicker routine).

• I've already made a couple of exercises substitutions (the dumbbell one-arm row and the ring body row) and I plan to make at least one more.  I see the farmer's walk in my future...

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

1. Fully embrace chaos.

No set training routines, no strict eating plans, no boundaries.  As long as the goals are met and the mission is achieved, no #$&% shall be given.

Awesome! Really excited to see how this'll work out for you :)

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares to move

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Awesome! Really excited to see how this'll work out for you :)

Thanks!  Me too!

I think less Tony Horton is an excellent trade-off. :) I'll be interested to see what other tweaks you make. Are you noticing any improvements yet?

My numbers were all going up when I was sticking with the DVDs, but all my numbers dropped this morning and I'm thinking that's going to happen with all the routines.  I'm chalking that up to the lack of rest when working on my own (and with a stopwatch).  Breaks have a huge impact on output, especially with circuit training.

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

Are each of the circuits the same length? I have an interval timer on my phone that allows me to repeat custom intervals. So I can put in:

6 rounds of:

:30 work

1:30 rest

If you could find something like that, it might help you standardize the workout. I totally get what you mean about adjusting the rest periods. :)

Never fear, there will ALWAYS be a spreadsheet.  I'll just be tracking chaos rather than structure this time around.   ;)

I really love the idea of tracking chaos. I imagine you running after a whirling-dervish dust cloud with lightening flashing around the edges and maniacal laughter wafting out every now and then, with a iPad in one hand and one of those pen things that you use on a touch screen in the other, a measuring tape around your neck and one of those plastic hat brim things that stereotypical accountants wear, shouting 'Just stand still so I can get an accurate measurement, please, just this once!!!'

Good luck!!

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Are each of the circuits the same length? I have an interval timer on my phone that allows me to repeat custom intervals. So I can put in:

6 rounds of:

1:30 rest

If you could find something like that, it might help you standardize the workout. I totally get what you mean about adjusting the rest periods. :)

I don't think the circuits need to be a certain length (all are done for max reps) as long as you do the next exercise directly after the previous one, with standardized rest between circuits.

So, I've gone from *exercise*, Tony Horton blabs, *exercise*, Tony Horton blabs, *exercise*, Tony Horton blabs, *exercise*, weird rest interval because Tony Horton blabs some more...

to...

*exercise* *exercise* *exercise* *exercise*, 60 sec. rest

A lot more streamlined and cut the workout time down A LOT.

I really love the idea of tracking chaos. I imagine you running after a whirling-dervish dust cloud with lightening flashing around the edges and maniacal laughter wafting out every now and then, with a iPad in one hand and one of those pen things that you use on a touch screen in the other, a measuring tape around your neck and one of those plastic hat brim things that stereotypical accountants wear, shouting 'Just stand still so I can get an accurate measurement, please, just this once!!!'

Good luck!!

Damn, your description is a lot cooler than the real thing.  This Chaossin thing is gonna take some work!!!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

I don't think the circuits need to be a certain length (all are done for max reps) as long as you do the next exercise directly after the previous one, with standardized rest between circuits.

So, I've gone from *exercise*, Tony Horton blabs, *exercise*, Tony Horton blabs, *exercise*, Tony Horton blabs, *exercise*, weird rest interval because Tony Horton blabs some more...

to...

*exercise* *exercise* *exercise* *exercise*, 60 sec. rest

A lot more streamlined and cut the workout time down A LOT.

I couldn't remember if that one had specific work periods or not. I seem to recall some of the videos had a set time. Eventually, I got to where I just turned him to "cues only" so that I didn't have to listen to the same jokes over and over. :D

I definately have Chaossin tendencies.

[exaggeration]

"Phylanx, what are your workout plans?"

"What? How should I know? I'm not working out for another 20 minutes."

"Phylanx, how did you get so strong?"

*scratches head* "I dunno, I just work out hard...and sometimes I'm lazy... Oh and I ran a marathon... I guess that probably didn't contribute... I eat spinach?...I watched Over The Top and Bloodsport when I was little, maybe that had something to do with it...??"

Good luck

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

I think less Tony Horton is an excellent trade-off. :) I'll be interested to see what other tweaks you make. Are you noticing any improvements yet?

Haha.  That's why I always use the iphone app when I do P90x stuff.  All of the between-exercise Tony yammering stuff is gone, so all of the workouts are so much faster.  I can do the entire Yoga X one in slightly less than an hour, rather than the 90 minute video run (holy cow!  that's over 30 minutes of unnecessary yammering by Tony).  As an added bonus, it's easy to turn Tony off altogether and just go with the video to show the moves and the chime to let you know to move on to the next one. 

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Haha.  That's why I always use the iphone app when I do P90x stuff.  All of the between-exercise Tony yammering stuff is gone, so all of the workouts are so much faster.  I can do the entire Yoga X one in slightly less than an hour, rather than the 90 minute video run (holy cow!  that's over 30 minutes of unnecessary yammering by Tony).  As an added bonus, it's easy to turn Tony off altogether and just go with the video to show the moves and the chime to let you know to move on to the next one. 

Wow, 30 full minutes? I would set it to cues-only and play hard rock. I used to get bored with yoga, lol. 

GOALS

1. Fully embrace chaos.

I may have teared up a little.... this is so beautiful.

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Oh don't be such a prude!  Join the fun!!

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Yay for embracing your weird awesomeness instead of fighting against it :D I'm excited to have a little more time to be on the forums this challenge. Lol

Good luck!!

Cant... Stop... Laughing (plus I'm imagining him doing this in his pink spandex)

Level 7 Half-Elf Assassin
STR: 22.5 | DEX: 13.75 | STA: 15.75 | CON: 18.5 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 12

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Unchallenge, Seventh

I definately have Chaossin tendencies.

[exaggeration]

"Phylanx, what are your workout plans?"

"What? How should I know? I'm not working out for another 20 minutes."

"Phylanx, how did you get so strong?"

*scratches head* "I dunno, I just work out hard...and sometimes I'm lazy... Oh and I ran a marathon... I guess that probably didn't contribute... I eat spinach?...I watched Over The Top and Bloodsport when I was little, maybe that had something to do with it...??"

Good luck

The Chaossin way, its like breathing its so natural:)

Cro Magnon Assassin

"Hold my beer and watch this..."

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines