Scout Tavern: Stories, Kudos, and Catching Your Breath

Hammlin

Btw Rymmare, are you aware you seem to be upside down?

I spent much of the last two challenges upside down! Trying to master handstands but working my way up the ladder. My profile pic was from the first time I managed to get vertical with my tripod headstand :)

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

Must have songs for my Zombies, Run! playlist....go!!!

Pretty much the whole Sucker Punch soundtrack works well for running! Carry On by Fun has recently made it onto my favorite running songs list, and Radioactive by.....those one people. I added a bunch of random popish music to my list today, I'll be making adjustments over the next few weeks with it but Thrift Store is on there now hahaha. Umm....Linkin Park has a lot of songs I eenoy for running.

Level 10 Wandering Nord

Constitution: 15.5 Strength: 14 Wisdom: 17.5 Stamina: 12.25 Dexterity: 2 Charisma: 8
Current Challenge: Picking Up The Pieces

Last challenge was insanely huge, I wouldn't be surprised if this one ends up being a little smaller. Just means that those of you who are still here are clearly the really awesome ones because you came back, or found us because you went looking and not because Steve waved his hands and threw it in your face. Right? Sounded a lot cooler in my head.

Wasn't one of the rules of the rebellion that you can never leave ? :)

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Ooh! Ooh! Playlist discussion posts!

'>old

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

hi scouts!!!

i wanted to thank you for the support and fun during last challenge! :)

for this one i am going to need a break in the silent woods with the druids. there i will heal from my foot injuries and stay clean from smoking! ( day 4 and going strong!!!! yessssss!!!! )

when meditation and rest has healed my body i will run back to the lovely scout-mates..... :)

all of you: have a great challenge and keep kicking some serious @ss!!!!

hugs, fistbumps and highfives!

fearless creek

Ooh! Ooh! Playlist discussion posts!

'>old

Thanks Mister!

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

hi scouts!!!

for this one i am going to need a break in the silent woods with the druids. there i will heal from my foot injuries and stay clean from smoking! ( day 4 and going strong!!!! yessssss!!!! )

when meditation and rest has healed my body i will run back to the lovely scout-mates..... :)

fearless creek

We will miss you and your amazing support- but I know the Druids will appreciate you as much as we did!!! hugs and high fives!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

hi scouts!!!

fearless creek

Aww, do well! I'll miss you here though! :( I'll drop by the druids and say hi every once in a while!

@MissMormie, Indeed. I'm sure they will be back when their journey again leads them to the welcoming arms of the Rebellion.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Radioactive by.....those one people.

^Imagine Dragons

Sora

Hylian Scout Lv.6, Hero of Rivertown
STR: 6 l DEX: 8 l STA: 9 l CON: 9 l WIS: 10 l CHA: 8

"You are what you repeatedly do" -Aristotle 

Most Recent:Challenge #7 "VII - Sora Returns"

BF% loss progress  
Start: 25% BF                                                                                                                                    17.5% BF                                                                                                                                        10% BF

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress
Start: 178.4 lbs.                                                                                                                                 166.7 lbs.                                                                                                                                         155 lbs. 

43%
43%

Hello Scouts.  This is my first challenge, so I'm over with all the other newbies this time around.  Before I knew of the rule changes I was busy trying to decide if I'd be Druid or Scout...I chose Druid, but I think I may have some Scout tendencies as I like endurance activities without much thought of speed though.  So I am going to take advantage of my newbie status and spend time following some Druids and some Scouts.  BTW, I've been welcomed by several Scouts which I really appreciate, thanks.

To all the Scouts, I wish you an enjoyable and successful challenge!

Wasn't one of the rules of the rebellion that you can never leave ? :)

No that's the Hotel California. Also The Sentinel (see Hilltop Hoods)

We try and encourage you to stay in the rebellion because you WANT to ;^)

Hello Scouts. This is my first challenge, so I'm over with all the other newbies this time around. Before I knew of the rule changes I was busy trying to decide if I'd be Druid or Scout...I chose Druid, but I think I may have some Scout tendencies as I like endurance activities without much thought of speed though. So I am going to take advantage of my newbie status and spend time following some Druids and some Scouts. BTW, I've been welcomed by several Scouts which I really appreciate, thanks.

To all the Scouts, I wish you an enjoyable and successful challenge!

Welcome to the Rebellion!

The best advice I can give is to stay active on the forums. You might not think it but it really does help keep you motivated. I always do better in challenges I am more active. I think you will see that the scouts is the place to be! I know I love it here. Good luck, and may the odds be EVER in your favor!

Sora

Hylian Scout Lv.6, Hero of Rivertown
STR: 6 l DEX: 8 l STA: 9 l CON: 9 l WIS: 10 l CHA: 8

"You are what you repeatedly do" -Aristotle 

Most Recent:Challenge #7 "VII - Sora Returns"

BF% loss progress  
Start: 25% BF                                                                                                                                    17.5% BF                                                                                                                                        10% BF

17%
17%

Weight Loss Progress
Start: 178.4 lbs.                                                                                                                                 166.7 lbs.                                                                                                                                         155 lbs. 

43%
43%

This is totally random....but next Thursday 1 Aug is Swiss National Day and I can't wait to eat the dinner I have planned.  

Cervelas stuffed with raclette cheese, wrapped in bacon

Turkish fermented cabbage

Mashed potaytoes

Ohhhh, yum. Tell me about the fermented cabbage... is it a sort of kraut? What's different about it? And, do you make it yourself, or buy it at the store?

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Ohhhh, yum. Tell me about the fermented cabbage... is it a sort of kraut? What's different about it? And, do you make it yourself, or buy it at the store?

I do make it myself.  I started this batch last Monday, and it should be ready to eat Thursday.  I follow this recipe, except I used a whole head of garlic.  I used a mix of hot, smoked, and sweet paprika with red chili flake.  The author of the blog nails it pretty accurately, I think, describing it as a cross between sauerkraut and kimchi.  

I've had it fermenting out on my counter in my slow cooker crock, and every few days I can't help taking a spoonful.  It's really delicious, and I don't plan to can it so the live cultures will remain. 

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

All of my ferments over the past six years have been wild.  I love the simplicity of prep, brine, ferment, eat!  I am starting a batch of kimchi after my cabbage finishes in a few more days, and planning to do a fermented fruit salsa after that.  I will be sure to let you know how it turns out...I am totally winging it!

Ooh, there is also this delicious beet salad I do...it's basically this recipe, minus the dressing, brined and fermented for a few weeks (or to taste..depends on ambient temps).  I like to add dill and chopped lemon zest as well.  It is amazeballs!

Wow, fermenting sounds awesome.   As do you, Scouts!  I'm crossing over from the Rangers this time around, and I'm looking forward to running with you all.  

See you around the track. 

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

Welcome missrackl! We happily accept crossovers, for the rebellion!!!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hi all. I'm calling in to say I'm joining this challenge, but I'm not starting until next week - unfortunately it has started in the middle of my two week trip to Scotland! All regular fitness ideals are on hold until I get back - it's not practical to go running or get exercises in when I'm out every day to various places and walking my feet off, and I'm giving up on maintaining a diet of any kind when I'm eating out every day. I'm just doing the best I can there.

I'll be back on Sunday and back to work on Monday (bleargh!) - so that will be my first day of a five-week challenge. I intend to rock it all the same.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Mm, make the most of trips to Scotland while you don't need a passport. :-(

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines