Scout Tavern: Stories, Kudos, and Catching Your Breath

Hammlin

Enjoy your trip Arti!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Artinum,

Before you give up entirely on this week, you should know that his week's side quest is perfect for the busy traveler:

Go exploring somewhere new! You don't have to run, walking (or indeed extreme ironing, or any other dorm of self propulsion) is quite acceptable! Take a photo for bonus points.

Artinum,

Before you give up entirely on this week, you should know that his week's side quest is perfect for the busy traveler:

Go exploring somewhere new! You don't have to run, walking (or indeed extreme ironing, or any other dorm of self propulsion) is quite acceptable! Take a photo for bonus points.

Today might qualify. We've been to the western-most point of Skye, which involved a rather steep hill. It's been a tiring trip out! Photos are available but are still on my phone, and I'm not really set up to ferry things between this equipment. Now relaxing with a cup of tea while my partner is napping. Later we're off out in search of dinner.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Best of luck on your trip Art!, it's certainly a corner of the world I'd love to know.

german

monkey scout

"swim, bike, run", or at least "Don’t drown, don't crash, don't walk"

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.†-Joe Rogan

Hey all sorry for disappearing at the end of last challenge, we switched isp's to a cable based isp and found out that because we haven't had real cable since we moved into this house almost 10 yrs  that the cables didn't have all that good signal strength lol; so now that we have that all fixed.....

I don't think I'm going to write up a challenge thread this time around, I'm still just going to keep up on my running plan and working on my strength;

My running has gone up a lot thanks to the challenge, I went from running 37 miles in May to 67 in June, July I ran 93, I'm wicked happy with that. Also I kinda got bored with regular pull ups so fooling around I found out that I could use a stair case in my house as mini cliff climbs, so far I've made it up and down twice I think that's more in the assassin skill set but still pretty damn cool if I say so myself, still working on a full hand stand

Upcoming I have 3 5ks, two road on trail (x/c) and a trail half marathon, I'm also making plans to start hiking all 46 peaks of the Adirondacks and studying for the A+ certificate

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

That's what I thought.  Then you must brand yourself 

Once you're in, you're in for life.

Hi to all the Scouts by the way, I'm new to the guild :)

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

Once you're in, you're in for life.

Hi to all the Scouts by the way, I'm new to the guild :)

Yay! HI and welcome!

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Hello!  Just wondering if you guys feel like a little detour?  The Level 1 guild has tons of newbies whose threads don't even have a single reply yet.....how would you feel about dropping by and saying hi to one or two of them?

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Hello!  Just wondering if you guys feel like a little detour?  The Level 1 guild has tons of newbies whose threads don't even have a single reply yet.....how would you feel about dropping by and saying hi to one or two of them?

Off I go!

Edit to update:

I have commented on and subbed 3 newbs!  It will be an unofficial goal of mine to check in with them every few days.  In my early NF days, I felt really discouraged when I didn't have the tons of comments and encouragement I saw on the threads of the established rebels..so I really hope this helps keep them motivated!

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

There are 24 PAGES of newbies!  I posted to about a dozen (newbs, not pages), but feel like I hardly made a dent.  I remember my first partial challenge with the adventurers, I felt pretty left out.  I was so happy to come to a smaller forum (Scouts), since it was much easier to get to know people and more people respond.  But in such a huge forum, it would be pretty easy to get lost.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

Replied to some newbie threads as well and added a couple as friends to follow their progress and cheer them on. 

Redcat, Hero of Rivertown (once known as Teabunneh)

Shapeshifter | Scout | Lvl 2 STR +4 | DEX +2 | STA +6 | CON +7 | WIS +7 | CHA +2Vanquished Challenges: 1 Current ChallengeA Tale of TeaRunning Paleo; Accountability group: Shiny New Scouts

"Whether you think you can or think you can't--you're right." - Henry Ford

Perhaps this could be Week 2's challenge.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

You can sort the threads by number of replies, I've gone on a spree replying to threads without replies. But there are a lot of newbies there. Just imagine the inflow next challenge if half of them stay.

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Congrats to Sifter our Scout Champion from the last go-round!!!

Huzzah!!!!

tumblr_m8xjwd1MKt1rcloc6o1_500.gif

My Blog | My Story

Congrats to Sifter our Scout Champion from the last go-round!!!

Huzzah!!!!

tumblr_m8xjwd1MKt1rcloc6o1_500.gif

Lol that image hurts my eyes. 

Congrats Sifter

(Yes I purposely quoted that hard on the eyes picture, I'm evil like that :) )

LEVEL 3 Human Scout - obsessive smiley user 

"That's the best part, the outside is new, but now it reflects what's already in you" - Legally blonde the musical

Congrats, Sifter!

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Congratulations, and awwwwesome gif Hamtar

Crystal Gem Druid || Stat-free Level-free Goodness

"I won't run away anymore... I won't go back on my word... that is my ninja way!" Uzumaki Naruto

"You're pro or you're a noob. It's so easy, that's life."  Athene, Best Paladin in the World

"Do what the fuck you want to." Panic Station, Muse

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines