Elen síla lumenn' omentielvo

Hi! I'm Lauren, I am 20 years old...I turn 21 in 19 days, on May 5th. I'm in currently a student at a university in Texas; I am an English major, minoring in theater. Oh! And, I have the coolest name ever. Seriously.

Hrm...a bit about me: My favourite colour is emerald green, I will listen to just about any type of music, I couldn't tell you just one favourite movie...however, LotR, Shawshank Redemption, HP, Labyrinth, Newsies, Mr. Holland's Opus, Benny and Joon, and Silence of the Lambs are probably my top movies, I am a Lord of the Rings fanatic...as well as Harry Potter; between the two of them, they made me want to be an English major. Having said that...this entire paragraph is a failure in my eyes. (:

If you were to ask me what my favourite video game is, I'd have to go with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Though, my brother gave away our N64...and the game. So, I now currently have an N64 emulator on my laptop. Probably a dangerous thing- I can now play games in class, and my teachers will never know. Way worse than me being able to just browse the internet.

I abso-bloody-lutely LOVE Rocky Horror Picture Show. <---random bit of info I felt the need to include.

Anyways, I've decided that I needed to lose weight...to be more specific, I need to get back into shape. Having had a breast reduction probably has helped quite a bit, simply by making it easier to do things in general. Part of the issue is that I live in the dorms, and I'm not on meal plan (and if I were...it'd probably make me gain weight, because my school kinda sucks that way). The only things that I have that I can use for cooking is a mini fridge and a microwave. I have to share the fridge with my roommate, so I can stock up on healthy frozen food things. Meaning my eating is limited to sandwichs, noodles, easy mac, soup, speghetti-o's...simple things like that. The last time I bought lettuce for salads...well, it froze.

On that note...I can't really think of much else to say. Having just looked at the clock, I actually need to head to bed. I'm going to an 8 AM lab to work on the sleeves of a shirt. Fun stuff, right? If you're still reading this, kudos to you, and I hope you have a good night (or morning/day/whatever time it is for you). :D

Hey Lauren!

Where are you from originally? How's Texas treating ya?

Ah yes, dorm life is freaking tough...

Yup, OoT is the best game ever. And LoTR and Harry Potter kick ass. Give us a rough estimate how many pounds you'd like to lose, and it would give me a good estimate of how to tailor my advice :)

Glad to have ya here.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

'ello!

Going to sleep obviously didn't work. I'd like to blame my roommate.

Originally? Slidell, LA...a small town about a half hour away from New Orleans. I moved to Houston when I was four. As for Texas...it's treating me fairly well. If only it would stay at the temperature it has been at. That would be nice.

Indeed, it is. :D Either that, or Mario...with Duck Hunt. And, they most certainly do kick ass. Fun stuff that keep me entertained. As for how much weight...hrm...considering I don't know how much I currently weigh (or the last time I even touched a scale)...I'd have to probably say 20-30lbs to begin with?

Glad to be here. (:

Lauren

'ello!

Going to sleep obviously didn't work. I'd like to blame my roommate.

Originally? Slidell, LA...a small town about a half hour away from New Orleans. I moved to Houston when I was four. As for Texas...it's treating me fairly well. If only it would stay at the temperature it has been at. That would be nice.

Indeed, it is. :D Either that, or Mario...with Duck Hunt. And, they most certainly do kick ass. Fun stuff that keep me entertained. As for how much weight...hrm...considering I don't know how much I currently weigh (or the last time I even touched a scale)...I'd have to probably say 20-30lbs to begin with?

Glad to be here. (:

Lauren

Oh man, I grew up with the Mario/Duck Hunt/Olympic Track Meet game. Took me forever, but I finally beat Cheetah, that s.o.b.

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.

Texas is so awesome in Spring and Fall it pretty much makes up for the rest of the year. Especially if you live somewhere with a little less humidity. I like the hill country for that, but I'll settle for Galveston's breeze :D

Level 5 Human Ranger

Stats as of July 25:   STR: 9.5   DEX: 5.75   STA: 7.5   CON: 15.25   WIS: 6   CHA: 8.5

Achievements:

Tough Mudder CO 2012 (4hrs)

Got below 200lbs

NF Challenge #4 Winner

Current Challenge

Past 1 2 3

MyFitnessPal

Fitocracy

RunKeeper

@ Anne- Yes! Elvish! I am so in love with the language...if it was offered as a foreign language, I'd of taken it in a heartbeat. It made me happy that I knew what it meant the other day in a class. xD My professor actually read it out of Fellowship of the Ring. He made the mistake of asking if anyone knew what it was. (:

@ 67alecto- Haha! I tend to get 'Rose Tint My World/Floorshow' stuck in my head the most often. At least it's something fun though, right?

@ kanjiman- YES! Go see it. It's amazing...it's not necessarily for everyone though. But, it is amazing.

@ Istra- Haha, yes! Elvish! Every so often I'll just spend a few hours looking over it for fun. Danke! :D I love my minor...probably a bit more than my major. Whoops... What was your first choice in college?

@ jacoblee- Oh, I agree...though I hear it's not supposed to be too nice today. :( And, unfortunately, it's soon to be summer...or summer-like weather. Bleh. Eh...sometimes the winters aren't bad. Though, it was kinda fun getting snow this year. :D Oh...Galveston. I haven't been there in so long, despite how close I am to it...

Good luck on dorm life :)

Back in my first year of University I was skinny as hell. And I don't know if it was good metabolism or what but for a few years I was able to eat all the junk and not worry about weight gain. That sadly is not something I can do.

I wish I was into a healthier lifestyle at the time. I spent 3 years living on campus where our cafeteria actually had a lot of healthy options which I ignored, and free access to the gym that I never used.

I can't blame my weight on dorm life though. Things took a turn for the worst after moving out when I developed a love for beer. Apparently "beer belly" isn't just a random term. Such a thing actually exists. ..

Ha, thanks!

First year...I think I was about what I am now. I definitely was a participant of the "freshman 15", though. >.<

Ha...at least your cafeteria had healthy food? Mine doesn't. The meal plan covers the cafeteria and a little place called Tortilla Fresca. They make amazing breakfast burritos and quesadillas...other stuff, too, that I haven't tried. After my freshman year, I got off the meal plan. I can eat healthier without that. Of course, if they would include everywhere that sells food on campus, I'd happily have it, again. There's healthy places on campus. We just have to pay. As for the free gym...yeah, I'm about to start using that more often with some friends. :D I'm trying to convince them to join me in yoga. They're all chickens.

I agree...I can't blame all of it on dorm life either. Luckily, I don't like beer. At all. Not even after three years. Come to think of it...I don't like vodka either...or really any other alcohol. Unless I can't taste it in the drink, of course. I do like my wine, though. However, I'm not much of a drinker. So that's a good thing, right? Hrm...not sure I should of really fessed up to all of that, though. (:

On the plus side...we're all in this rebellion together, are we not? (: Beer belly will be gone. Just keep at it. :)

Ha, thanks!

First year...I think I was about what I am now. I definitely was a participant of the "freshman 15", though. >.<

Ha...at least your cafeteria had healthy food? Mine doesn't. The meal plan covers the cafeteria and a little place called Tortilla Fresca. They make amazing breakfast burritos and quesadillas...other stuff, too, that I haven't tried. After my freshman year, I got off the meal plan. I can eat healthier without that. Of course, if they would include everywhere that sells food on campus, I'd happily have it, again. There's healthy places on campus. We just have to pay. As for the free gym...yeah, I'm about to start using that more often with some friends. :D I'm trying to convince them to join me in yoga. They're all chickens.

I agree...I can't blame all of it on dorm life either. Luckily, I don't like beer. At all. Not even after three years. Come to think of it...I don't like vodka either...or really any other alcohol. Unless I can't taste it in the drink, of course. I do like my wine, though. However, I'm not much of a drinker. So that's a good thing, right? Hrm...not sure I should of really fessed up to all of that, though. (:

On the plus side...we're all in this rebellion together, are we not? (: Beer belly will be gone. Just keep at it. :)

I was actually quite lucky in our cafeteria. The way our meal plan worked was they swipe the student card and it's all you can eat once you're inside. Unfortunately I had pop with every meal (except breakfast) and lots of deep fried foods, so all you can eat did not work so well for me.

My beer belly has regressed quite a bit in the last few years thankfully :)

I think I make a bigger deal out of it than what I need to. Everyone's their own worst enemy right. Sometimes it bothers me just because it's the slowest part of me to see any results. My legs are like iron but my belly is still flabby.

But yes we are in the rebellion together :)

I'm actually switching things up at the gym this week as a result of spending some time on here and seeing what works for other people. Going to start free weights here hopefully within the next couple of days, and I'd like to transition that to heavy lifting (thanks to Moe's inspiring article)