• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

[archive / outdated] Creating Your Character

Ass-Warrior?

I'm totally that, but that's not a 'class' here :tongue:

Bobby Lashley?  That's a bit of a dated reference.  If you have a primary passion; you're that.  Strength lifting, bodyweight/parkour, cardio, etc. corresponds to a class.  If you feel you're a 'mix' of sorts; then start with Adventurer until you get a really defined sense of what you want to do. Then either stay adventurer(cuz they're the best) or go ranger.

Hi,

you can find the quiz here http://darkfriends.fr/nf/index_prod.php. It helps you find out what race you are and what your profession might be.

The race is really just for fun. It just helps other people imagine you. For example I'm a hobbit, so everyone else knows directliy I'm small and a little bit overweight.

The profession helps you to find people with the same interessts, who can propably help you attain your goals. If you're interessted in running, ask a member of the scouts. When you want to know more about strenght-building ask a warrior. If you don't feel apendent to any guild, no problem, then stay as an adventurer. Of course every guild helps each other.

Please ignore the attribute points of the quiz.. Everyone starts now with 0 points and level 0, otherwise it would be too complicated. (These are just nessecary for the 6 week challenges)

You can change your signature when you click on your name on the top of the page (right) and choose "My Settings".

On the left side you can find the "Signature".

I hope, that I didn't say something wrong, please correct me.

• Like 1

I book marked the quiz AGAIN.  Thanks, Milli!!  And you pretty much have it correct.

Assassins work mostly on bodyweight training, parkour, and unusual workouts ... like dance, rock climbing, and hula hooping

Rangers "do all the things" ... many focus on CrossFit and HIIT

Monks - martial arts

Druids - yoga and related disciplines

When you are in the Level 1 Club and declare your goals, the guild leaders will make suggestions of what might suit you based on your goals.  So don't worry. Do the quiz and see how you stack up.  I'm thinking of playing around with something more in-depth for races or trying a Divergent type assessment for profession just to practice my coding skills.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Quiz post! I was wondering how to go abour claiming race but it told me I was a Lycan!  I always felt like a dragon though, LoL. It also classified me as Warrior with Monk being almost even followed closely by Scouts & Assasins. But rule say you cannot pick your Class. Just thought I would put it on here. I have been part of the Rebellion for a while, but I got lost & just now found it again! So I'm still ify on how this all works and such. =/ This thread is surprisingly helpful. As soon as I figure out all this signature stuff, I will put it on here...

• Like 1

Pffff!!  It's all a suggestion, really. 

Race - whatever you like.  Some dragons are shape shifters and can look like humans (as in World of Warcraft and D&D) - so you can be a dragon if that's what calls to you. 

Class really depends upon what you most want to work on --- what's the main goal you're trying to achieve?

• Like 2

Thanks for the Quiz post! I was wondering how to go abour claiming race but it told me I was a Lycan!  I always felt like a dragon though, LoL. It also classified me as Warrior with Monk being almost even followed closely by Scouts & Assasins. But rule say you cannot pick your Class. Just thought I would put it on here. I have been part of the Rebellion for a while, but I got lost & just now found it again! So I'm still ify on how this all works and such. =/ This thread is surprisingly helpful. As soon as I figure out all this signature stuff, I will put it on here...

if you feel like a dragon then you may be a dragon. "look in the mirror. what do you see? that's what you are"

• Like 1

Class really depends upon what you most want to work on --- what's the main goal you're trying to achieve?

Well, I'm currently a Taekwondo Instructor & co-own a Dojo with a buddy of mine. We fought on the All Armed Forces Team together. I just had a baby 6 months ago & everything has gone away. I am weak: no arm strength, no core or leg strength. Can barely run a mile anymore without suffocating, much less the 3 I used to do. LoL Lost a good amount of flexibility too, but that I have been working on. But fracking baby weight is a persistent bugger & doesn't like to leave. =/ 

if you feel like a dragon then you may be a dragon. "look in the mirror. what do you see? that's what you are"

Dragon it is then! Bwahaha!

Now how do I go about adding Challenges that I joined at the bottom, such as the "No Soda" one?

• Like 1

Right now ... you're a level 1 Rebel - so jump in and start a topic here:  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/forum/362-level-1-rebels/

It's a good place to ramp up and get started/settled and rebuild the good habits.  You know how to get fit - you just need to pick how you're going to do it.  There's nothing that prevents you, once you've graduated from the level 1 group, from joining the monks.  TKD classes and kata would whip you back in shape pretty quickly (I studied karate ... one of the best, healthiest periods in my life).

With the blend of goals, you might think about Adventurers after the level 1 - if you don't want to jump into the virtual dojo right away.  Rangers would also be a good fit, with the dual focus on strength AND stamina. 

You don't have to stick with a guild for more than one challenge, by the way. 

Oh, and linking in the signature is done with the icon that looks like a chain.  Holler if that's not enough of a hint.

Hey Cat!

This is funny, because I'm usually in my BEST shape when I'm pregnant! (rotfl)

seriously.

1) I take better care of myself when I'm responsible for a human besides myself.

2) my "normal" condition is REALLY bad.

3) okay, I admit it.. I usually hit almost 200 lbs@ 5'3"

4) lugging a baby in a sling is an AMAZING upper body workout!

Hey Cat!

This is funny, because I'm usually in my BEST shape when I'm pregnant! (rotfl)

seriously.

1) I take better care of myself when I'm responsible for a human besides myself.

2) my "normal" condition is REALLY bad.

3) okay, I admit it.. I usually hit almost 200 lbs@ 5'3"

4) lugging a baby in a sling is an AMAZING upper body workout!

Best bet is Adventurers.  They're a starting off group that are also into mixed interests.  For example, I scored on that quiz stuff for assassin, scout, adventurer, and warrior.  I work out with a sledgehammer, kettelbells, and a sandbag, as well as go for a couple walks and also do pushups, lunges, etc.  So since I don't have a main focus (ie -ONLY best at endurance sports, or trying to up my weights on a barbell), I fall into the 'mixed' group - ie Adventurers. If 1 and only 1 thing doesn't SCREAM out at you, then you can always hop into the Adventurers for a couple challenges and try some stuff out. Maybe you'll find a passion and pick another group. Maybe you'll enjoy doing lots of things and stay.  It's all up to you.

To whom ever finds my journal: I hope you find it at least mildly entertaining to read. This is my first entry.

I have entered a new realm, fallen into it actually, and I never want to leave. In the last 12 days of learning about this place, I have found my Main Story Line, and started a few quests to help me gain some levels before I start my journey. I have chosen the class Ranger, as this seems to be the most logical for my lifestyle, old habits lost and new habits needed to complete my Story. This place has it's own ancient language, however, strangely I find myself fluent. When I finally gain my first level, I will acquire some light armor, and hopefully a larger backpack (I can already feel myself being strong enough to carry more). With any luck, by September, I will be leveled up enough to start apprenticing with a bow (there is a great school near by that is wiling to teach me, so long as I have the 200gl to pay for it).

This is going to be a long journey, and I will have many hours of play with this game (pity there is no "replay" value - lol).

I have much exploring to do, and many treasures to find, so I leave you now with this final thought:

If your not having fun doing what ever it is you are doing, Stop doing it. You are making yourself miserable and have forgotten how to live. Go make yourself happy, as long as the game feels like it is, just that, a game you will be victorious at the end. There is always a final battle / boss and you will have to fight it. You might as well enjoy free-roaming while you can.

• Like 4

Hi, I'm a little bite confused

is my class = my guild?

Or can I be a druid in the scout guild?

Well ...... we're all a little mad around here.  Generally, class = guild was and is the idea.  BUT, many of us migrate around and are one class "at heart" and may train for a challenge in any of the guilds.  And I'm becoming quite a blend of ranger/assassin and will probably be training with the monks next challenge. 

So, pick the guild that focuses on goals that are most similar to your big, major, long-term goals.  And feel free to learn from any of them during a 6-week challenge. 

To whom ever finds my journal: I hope you find it at least mildly entertaining to read. This is my first entry.

I have entered a new realm, fallen into it actually, and I never want to leave. In the last 12 days of learning about this place, I have found my Main Story Line, and started a few quests to help me gain some levels before I start my journey. I have chosen the class Ranger, as this seems to be the most logical for my lifestyle, old habits lost and new habits needed to complete my Story. This place has it's own ancient language, however, strangely I find myself fluent. When I finally gain my first level, I will acquire some light armor, and hopefully a larger backpack (I can already feel myself being strong enough to carry more). With any luck, by September, I will be leveled up enough to start apprenticing with a bow (there is a great school near by that is wiling to teach me, so long as I have the 200gl to pay for it).

This is going to be a long journey, and I will have many hours of play with this game (pity there is no "replay" value - lol).

I have much exploring to do, and many treasures to find, so I leave you now with this final thought:

If your not having fun doing what ever it is you are doing, Stop doing it. You are making yourself miserable and have forgotten how to live. Go make yourself happy, as long as the game feels like it is, just that, a game you will be victorious at the end. There is always a final battle / boss and you will have to fight it. You might as well enjoy free-roaming while you can.

Nice intro!! 

Well, I'm currently a Taekwondo Instructor & co-own a Dojo with a buddy of mine. We fought on the All Armed Forces Team together. I just had a baby 6 months ago & everything has gone away. I am weak: no arm strength, no core or leg strength. Can barely run a mile anymore without suffocating, much less the 3 I used to do. LoL Lost a good amount of flexibility too, but that I have been working on. But fracking baby weight is a persistent bugger & doesn't like to leave. =/ 

Dragon it is then! Bwahaha!

Now how do I go about adding Challenges that I joined at the bottom, such as the "No Soda" one?

it looks like you have added it already :)

My name is Dave I am new here and looking for a challenge that best sits with me. I have already lost my weight, and am planking right now ( on day 23) I also added push-ups and pull ups. And also started walkng. I still have my gut tho. I am fallowing the recommended post from NF I have cut out sugar from my morning coffee, we ( my family and I) eat pretty heathy, by that I mean no fast food. I do most of, if not all the cooking mostly homemade stuff. And I still can't seem to get this gut gone. Can you please help?

• Like 1

Cedar of Kedur here. I only found this site a few days ago and I already love the support given by the team. I'm on my own in this particular patch of the world. No friends interested in getting fit. I've already lost a stone (14 pounds) and would like to shed a few more, but really need to get trim and rid myself of all those saggy, wobbly bits. I love walking so no problem in the cooler months (it gets very hot here at times), but think I need to borrow a dog. I've just turned 64 so push or two from other bloggers would be much appreciated. Many thanks to the team for the encouragement.

Hey folks, I know you're all gearing up for the next challenge. I've made a character sheet template (based on D&D 4th ed) and I would like to share it (and get feedback on it). I'm using it myself through the next challenge, so you can see mine to get an idea of what a Level 0 sheet would look like. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or suggestions.

Links to my sheet and to the template are in my signature. :D