Alienjenn: boldly going

alienjenn

So much awesome up in here!

I was thinking maybe I should change my name to awesomejenn ;)

That would be super cool! :D

And that dinner looks super yummy! I am so hungry right now, lol! :tongue:

Cayenne on the cottage cheese- my kinda girl!! :playful:

eh... I put cayenne on many things... the corn... and lots of things :)

I will keep ya posted about the trip for turkey day... 

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I was thinking maybe I should change my name to awesomejenn ;)

eh... I put cayenne on many things... the corn... and lots of things :)

I will keep ya posted about the trip for turkey day... 

I definitely think you should go with awesomejenn, yep! ^_^

For me it's cayenne or jalapeno seasoning- literally- everything. :mellow:

And please do!! :D

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

so my friend GoodDoug measures his workouts in total pounds and I was thinking there was no way I could ever lift what he does... (he just posted that he lifted 10 tonnes... holy rusted metal batman!!! 20,000 pounds... so I figured out my total pounds today... 7,626.4

wow... almost 1 ton... I have a lot of catching up to do ;)

on a side note... I have this odd divot on my belly...

20130827_013823.jpg

the more weight I lose the bigger it gets.... occasionally I get twinges of achiness (not quite pain but not not-pain if you know what I mean) and sometimes there is a pulling sensation...

not sure what it is... if this is something I should be concerned about (abdominal hernias are very very common in my family...) but I don't know if it actually fits the definition of a hernia... or what in the world it is.... it's entirely possible I am just losing weight unevenly throughout my belly (I have two weird divots at my waistline that never have pain but they make my "top belly" look like a nose... but they NEVER have pain or pulling or any kind of sensation)

I found an old photo... and you can't really see the divot on the bottom... (although in this picture I'm not trying to accentuate it)

20130316_125710.jpg

just trying to get my thoughts together and get some advice... I HATE going to the doctor and don't like worrying about stuff... 

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

just realized I haven't done an actual goal update in a while... 

I may be totally rocking the PR's and such but I am really sucking at the goals

biggest loser contest

I think I am doing ok with this one... there is conversation and people are working and losing :) I feel ok with it

free writing & investigate + subgoal 2 blog post / week

8/30  - very little writing going on in my life... 

I don't have a clue

family game night 8.5/24

spending some time one on one... spending some time with the kids... but not NEAR what I was hoping for... 

household projects 26/49

again... spending time cleaning and projecting... just no where near enough

Spoiler

Come on AwesomeJenn.  Work on those goals!!!!  You can do it!!

I've no idea on the divots in your belly.  If the one is not feeling right, I think you need to break down and go see the doctor.  Might just be your body adjusting to the changes, but better to be safe and get it checked out.

Just chiming in to say Fayetteville is a great place to live. If we end up having to move for me to find a job that doesn't suck the joy out of my life, I've got my fingers crossed for Fayetteville. It's only about an hour away from where I am now. (meetup during Thanksgiving break?) HoD and I lived there for a couple years in grad school before we moved to a nearby sleeper community and commuted. I think there's a lot of great hiking areas (not 100% sure as we were not super active when we lived there, but it's very scenic and lovely, tucked away in the hills).

Also, awesome PRs are awesome. 

Hobbit Ranger seeking balance (and cookies)

Current Challenge

just realized I haven't done an actual goal update in a while... 

I may be totally rocking the PR's and such but I am really sucking at the goals

biggest loser contest

I think I am doing ok with this one... there is conversation and people are working and losing :) I feel ok with it

free writing & investigate + subgoal 2 blog post / week

8/30  - very little writing going on in my life... 

I don't have a clue

family game night 8.5/24

spending some time one on one... spending some time with the kids... but not NEAR what I was hoping for... 

household projects 26/49

again... spending time cleaning and projecting... just no where near enough

Yeah about that BL comment...some of us are not having such a great losing week :/ but I think its going awesome overall :D :D (obviously because you are awesomejenn :D

hugs...you also were sidelined for almost a week because of the dang bees, so you really arent doing too bad (in my opinion anyways :D

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Don't have a clue on the divot. I go with others in that it would probably have it checked out. Seems wise. 

Hey, and don't get bugged about the goals- that's why they are goals, to be worked on. Ups and downs are just part and parcel!

So smile for Ash! :D

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Come on AwesomeJenn.  Work on those goals!!!!  You can do it!!

I've no idea on the divots in your belly.  If the one is not feeling right, I think you need to break down and go see the doctor.  Might just be your body adjusting to the changes, but better to be safe and get it checked out.

I really need to work on them....

I just have little motivation... I may just not worry about having sucky outcomes this challenge and just work on making better goals... ones I can follow better... not that these goals don't matter... but I am spending more time with my kids and it IS cleaner... so I think I may have set too ambitious of goals (I don't think I needed cleaning 15 min per day EACH day... I think cleaning effectively on days off is sufficient)

Just chiming in to say Fayetteville is a great place to live. If we end up having to move for me to find a job that doesn't suck the joy out of my life, I've got my fingers crossed for Fayetteville. It's only about an hour away from where I am now. (meetup during Thanksgiving break?) HoD and I lived there for a couple years in grad school before we moved to a nearby sleeper community and commuted. I think there's a lot of great hiking areas (not 100% sure as we were not super active when we lived there, but it's very scenic and lovely, tucked away in the hills).

Also, awesome PRs are awesome. 

awesome PR's are indeed awesome

I will keep you AR peoples updated... would love a meetup... and to meet baby of doom if he/she is here yet

Yeah about that BL comment...some of us are not having such a great losing week :/ but I think its going awesome overall :D:D (obviously because you are awesomejenn :D

hugs...you also were sidelined for almost a week because of the dang bees, so you really arent doing too bad (in my opinion anyways :D

I hope to kick it up a notch this week :D

I'm quite behind and scanned quickly - definitely saw alot of PR's in there.  4 in one day if I am not mistaken!  Congrats!

yups... 4 in one day :D and intent for more this week THANKS!

Don't have a clue on the divot. I go with others in that it would probably have it checked out. Seems wise. 

Hey, and don't get bugged about the goals- that's why they are goals, to be worked on. Ups and downs are just part and parcel!

So smile for Ash! :D

will mention it at my next yearly...

glad I got some Ash smiles :D they make me happy!

Spoiler

this is how I feel yesterday and today...

AmAwnqUFM0GSbRFls4Gugw2.jpg

Spoiler

LOL, Go GET Something to eat Woman!!! :tongue:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

and

so... random bit of trivia... the biggest loser group I am running on facebook... (8 people) has lost 50# since 1 Aug :D

Spoiler

Whoo Hooo!!!!!

They get a Happy Dance!!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

LOL, Go GET Something to eat Woman!!! :tongue:

I feel like all I did last night at work was eat...before work I had some scrambled eggs and golden baby potatoes... and then I had sausage and peppers... and a nectarine and 2 pluots and a banana... and then I had an omelete and potatoes and bacon before I went home...

but I guess when you type it all out like that it isn't as much as it seems....

I will eat some moar later... when I get a break... I am at work... and while not busy I don't have anyone to watch my patient so I can go food

Spoiler

I think, for me anyway, I sometimes think I'm eating way more than I actually am. ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I think it was just that I ate all my food and had no more til the cafeteria opened... and then I got busy and didn't get to go down til after work... and so I had like 4 hours where I was HUNGRY with no food... and I had a sad...

but tonight I brought an extra snack ;)

Spoiler

Good girl, you be taking care of yourself! Ash demands it, lol!! ;)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

well it's kinda one of those things... I messed up my budget at the beginning of the month... so for the next two months I will be very short.,.. and I had like 5 - 32$ "convience fee" (aka "you screwed up and we paid your stuff anyways so we are going to charge you a boatload of money but at least you don't have to deal with returned checks on top of everything else") so.... that puts an even bigger kink in my budget... and I can't take out of my savings because it's a christmas club set up for our trip in nov... and won't pay out...

so we just have to be short... not like we aren't used to that... but it's been a while... luckily my son is getting his check from his wages from when he was away at school... and I already told him he is going to help with some expenses (because he is getting like 500$) and he is ok with that... because all my kids went to school with last years shoes (and Zombie broke his last pair of sandles so HELLO duct tape :( ) but we should have that this week...

but I have opportunty for OT coming up... and much as I don't wanna I will take it... because I have to start saving more... and I gotta pay bills and junk

Spoiler

Been there (done that- not me exactly). Hubs spent a lot on junk at the beginning of this month and i was really short on grocery money too. Bought all that meat and just hoped I would figure out what to do with for each meal.

And, yep, those stupid fees suck. Got hit with 4 ($36) one time. <_<

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

there was one year (before the divorce) we had more than 2000$ in fees at our bank because of returned crap... and other stuff...

I also just had to pay 1600$ for a check that bounced that they took me to court for (when RAS was a baby... she is 14) that my ex told me to write that was a joint account but I was the one they took to court... I didn't pay it forever because I kept putting it off (didn't have money didn't see the need... I had a warrant out for me in indiana for not paying it but I wasn't going to indiana so I didn't care)

I had gotten to the point where I had no bounced checks in like FOREVER (almost 8 months) but the last two months I have been kinda stupid and unorganized... I need to get it all figured out... because I was doing GREAT with my finances and bringing up my credit score (there are many reasons he is my ex... financial irresponsibility is just one)

AND now I gotta find a lawyer... and figure it out... we consolidated student loans (I went to school in 1995-99... he went from 98-99) so I have those loans... we did a spousal consolidation... they somehow screwed it up and left one of my loans out and sent us this letter about how they could fix it... and they allowed us a second consolidation... but when they did the second consilidation somehow his name comes off ALL the paperwork and it is supposedly ONLY in my name... and now I am responsible for 20K of HIS loans (plus interest)... and he isn't paying... so I have to figure out how to take him to court because this is affecting my credit and they are wanting to garnish my wages... I can't afford the 500$/month payment... because I am paying on my student loans from after the divorce (when I actually graduated... which they won't let me consolidate with my OLD student loans to only have one payment) there is a reason they no longer allow spousal consolidation... sigh

Spoiler

Wow, that seriously sucks. :(

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Ash.... that's not talking about the thousands of dollars of other debt... the fact that he hasn't called since RAS had her 11th bday party (she will be 15 in nov) and the fact that he has like >12 children most of whom don't even know he exists...

but I digress....

saw this on FB and I would like to try it...

1001405_10201764951555544_208494446_n.jp

Oopsies
6–8 depending on size.

3 eggs
100 grams (3.5 ounces) of cream cheese
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon baking powder or cream of tarter (can be excluded)

Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.

Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you choose, 1tsp of cream of tarter or baking powder (this makes the Oopsie more bread-like).

Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix – try to keep the air in the egg whites.

Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle of the oven at 150° C (300° F) for about 25 minutes – until they turn golden.

You can eat Oopsies as bread or use them as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. You can also put different kinds of seeds on them before baking them, for instance poppy, sesame or sunflower seeds.

Spoiler

That recipe looks like one I have on my pinterest board called cloud bread. I have been wanting to try it, but just haven't found the time. :rolleyes:

Let me know how it comes out! :)

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

I will...

so we were talking in chat and I took a pic to say hello to someone... and then I was looking at it and I was like HEY I don't look like the last pic I took at work... so I had to pull it up.... and just because I LOVE seeing the side by side... I will share with you

20130403_032301.jpg

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines