Alienjenn: boldly going

alienjenn

Sigh. ... I checked my bank today and I'm negative. ... because my Amazon prime renewed. ... and I only had forty dollars. ... and Amazon prime was 79 $.... so I have no money until Thursday when hopefully my child support his through (the only time it doesn't is is when I really really need it to).... and even then it is only alittle. .. so I won't have any real money until payday (which we just got paid three days ago) so that's two weeks with no money. ... double sigh. ... this does wonders for my incredible mood

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ack! Do you have a place where you could resell books, DVDs, games? I think of that because I'm collecting a lot of stuff at my house to sell right now, and it's amazing how much it piles up. Even if you only made a little cash to tide you over, hey, it's decluttering--win win! Moments like this are also good excuses to eat up the pantry and clear out the old. Fingers crossed for Thursday!

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

Thanks guys. ... if child support doesn't go through I'll consider that as an option. ... I was going to go out of town and do something epic because it's my last stretch off before the kids go to school (every three weeks I have eight days off) and it'll be our last break until November. ... not having money limits what we can do. ... I have food gas essentials. ... it's just my extra money that's gone

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'm sorry you've been having a crappy go of it Jenn.  But I think it's really great that you've been able to identify your seasons of depression.  Hopefully you will be able to find ways to get through them.

Your frustration with the kids losing thing was so familiar to me.  I have a day every few weeks where I just want to bag up all of their belongings and give them away because they don't take care of things.  One of these times,  it just might happen.  Maybe if they didn't have anything extra they would appreciate the things that they do have!

Challenge 1    Challenge 2   Current Challenge

Random Treat Free Streak: 10 Days (start 05/28)

I'm sorry you've been having a crappy go of it Jenn.  But I think it's really great that you've been able to identify your seasons of depression.  Hopefully you will be able to find ways to get through them.

Your frustration with the kids losing thing was so familiar to me.  I have a day every few weeks where I just want to bag up all of their belongings and give them away because they don't take care of things.  One of these times,  it just might happen.  Maybe if they didn't have anything extra they would appreciate the things that they do have!

I have spent the last few years doing a good deal of self examination... determining causes of feelings and WHY I do things (because you have to know the why behind things before you can influence the behaviour (in my experience at least)) so I am well versed in asking myself "why the hell am I acting like this"...

I have done that to my kids before.... and it does no good... but I have told them they are getting nothing outside of school necessities for the rest of the year... because I won't tolerate this behaviour from them anymore

Spoiler

Part of my problem. ... I have one real friend that I do things with (I'm starting to get close to another lady but she has small children (like three toddlers and a nine year old) and she isn't really able to do the severe stuff I like to do because of small kids) so before summer I talked to him nearly every day. ... we went on trips together. .. I used to have a giant crush on him (which he knew) but I kinda outgrew it because it's not reciprocated (I got friend zoned) so our last trip I kinda got frustrated with him (long story short we had stopped to camp somewhere but there were other people and he didn't want to camp there... he was going to next spot (which I knew want a good spot for hammocks) and I didn't want to. .. he insisted and said he didn't care what we did. .. it was just me and zombie and I didn't feel comfortable staying alone in a camp with men (zombie isn't much deterrent to bad guys if you catch my drift).... we went to next one and it was bad so we did ten extra miles and I was frustrated) anyway we come home and I got over it. ... he had oral surgery that wed. .. and we haven't spoken since (for more than a few min) I talked to him last week and he said "I don't want to talk to you right now" so I haven't called or texted... he said he was really out of it and had been away from the world so I assumed it wasn't personal. .. I called him this morning (actually woke him up) because he runs a program zombie is in and I had to make sure it was still this week and didn't end last week (school starts next week) etc etc. ... he was very grump with me. ... anyway. .. I don't think it's a friendship that's good for me anymore (I've learned a LOT from him about respect and parenting and christianity and God and life and guys can be nice to you without wanting in your pants and trust and and and) but he frustrates me frequently and he's irritating. ... this isn't just my "I hate people" brand of depression. ... this is something I've been trying to figure out for years. ... I need to find/develop more friends. ... but I hate people. .... I can't understand them and it takes so much energy to be around them. ... I'm not saying I want to never ever talk to him again. ... but I'm not going out of my way to contact him. ... which means I'm even more alone because he was the only friend who went to do stuff (especially longer term stuff (like four five day camping/biking trips)........... eh we shall see

Spoiler

I totally get it. Both, the "I want to try out new and challenging experiences, and why I don't have friends that are interested in doing those things too?" thing, and the "If we're friends why are you acting like a asshat, and who treats their friends like that anyway?' thing. No real advice, just  some sincere empathy.

Mary Oliver

Will reply to you individually in a bit but first. .... hot Jenn is smoking hot! yma5epe7.jpg.... week 2 mission 1 zombie run trainer. ... did 1.8 miles in 31 min. .. the fastest I have EVER done this trial. .. I feel hot (its only 65 degrees WHAT? ??).... And hot (look at that smile guys who could ever think that's not a sexy smile) and hot (breaking all the records! I will soon be able to go this trail twice in the time it used to take to do it once)

Spoiler

Will reply to you individually in a bit but first. .... hot Jenn is smoking hot! yma5epe7.jpg.... week 2 mission 1 zombie run trainer. ... did 1.8 miles in 31 min. .. the fastest I have EVER done this trial. .. I feel hot (its only 65 degrees WHAT? ??).... And hot (look at that smile guys who could ever think that's not a sexy smile) and hot (breaking all the records! I will soon be able to go this trail twice in the time it used to take to do it once) Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Way to go!!!!!  Making noticeable progress is always such a high.  Great job rocking that NF tshirt!

Way to go!!!!!  Making noticeable progress is always such a high.  Great job rocking that NF tshirt!

:D

I remember when I broke 35 min.... my fastest time ever was 33 min... but I took time off because I was more interested in biking... and I was worried about hurting my foot because I wasn't going regular.... so I haven't concentrated on foot speed :D I am sooooo excited!!!

Thanks :) I just realized I look all slumped in my car :( I am not so good at the selfie... I put my NF shirt on because I intended to make a pr... and my NF shirt helps me make pr's ;)

Spoiler

Big hugs. I am pretty introverted, so I understand the amount of effort it takes to make friends. If I didn't still live close to my group of friends from college, I wouldn't have any close friends nearby. It's hard. 

I have one friend from high  school that I regularly talk to... we are going to her house for turkey day... and I am planning to move to her area in 4 years.... I have a few friends that I kee in touch with on fb... and a few that I send an invite to bbq at the park when/if I make it to my home town (which actually it turns into an open invite entire friends list kind of event) and like 3 showed up when I was last in town)

I have NEVER been one to make "friends" 

I totally get it. Both, the "I want to try out new and challenging experiences, and why I don't have friends that are interested in doing those things too?" thing, and the "If we're friends why are you acting like a asshat, and who treats their friends like that anyway?' thing. No real advice, just  some sincere empathy.

yeah... I finally talked to him today... sent him a text "I'm off today and I'm staying up... please call when you get this... I need to know what is the last spokes day" (spokes is the name of the program that my son is in that he runs) and he called me pretty much immediately and I could tell he was mostly asleep... he was like "ugh I have had such a rough couple of weeks with my tooth I have been 7 times to the dentist in the last 3 weeks and I was kinda grouchy yesterday and I had emergencies with 4 of my court kids and I have been wanting to call but I never know when you are up or free and your schedule is not really compatible with mine lately" which I am taking as his way of an apology... he does mentoring with the court system here (he is often the only way kids end up not going to jail - they agree to do mandated mentoring or they go to jail - and when his kids have emergencies he can be tied up with courts/police/parents until all hours of the night on TOP of his regular job... one night he was tied up with kids til 530 and had to be to work at 9) 

I understand that this doesn't forgive his general buttheadedness... and he could have sent a text "eh I am being a sucky friend busy with work let me know when you are off".... or something... apparently he was asking Zombie yesterday at their program when I was off.... the boy has no concept of time... I tell him every day "this week I work this day this day this day and I am off these" and I wake up and he says "do you work to day?" and I have to say yes today is 1 of 3" and Bill KNOWS Zombie has no sense of time (it's amazing really... how spot on this kid can be... and have no clue about somethings... makes me think of Rain Man)

so anyways we talked about my plans for this week... and I was like I heard about this new trail that I want to try but it would be a multi day thing and I don't want to do a multi day with just me and the kids.... and he might have to go to wv with his mom... so I still have no clue... I will either go try this trail... or I will go hike old rag again... I will probably get some biking in... 

Explained to the kids that we wouldn't have money for school supplies until next fri (school starts wed) and they all were like "but we have a lot of supplies left from last year we can go through and find stuff for the first week"... I love these kids... I haven't said that enough... even my ENTIRELY fashion conscious (albeit with her own brand of fashion) is ok with wearing no new clothes... and she said that she was going to put up flyers at the y and church to babysit so I wouldn't have to buy her so many shoes this year (that's my girly girl!)

so I only have 19.8 miles so far this month... and I doubt I will even make 100.... and I am ok with that... I had a 225 mile month in july... and I need to not be so intense this month... I may have over done it... I have had a lot of tireds... and I am wondering which came first the chicken or the egg (or the omelet...  by which  I mean the depression or the tired or both)... so I will be happy if I get 60ish miles... I really really don't care... I am taking it EASY

Spoiler

Ok. ... child support posted. ... i've got money for gas until pay day.... going hiking tomorrow. ... I've done basically nothing this week. .. except for on my biggest loser goal

Spoiler

Woohoo! Gas money rocks!
indeed! I'm going to clean out my fabric closet Monday. ... I'll find something epic for you. ... what's your favorite color?

Spoiler

I just wanted to say I love your picture- you look fracking adorable- and you ROCK.

keep pushing upwards!!!

eeek! I-Jo thinks I'm adorable! One of my biggest girl crushes :) .... thank you so much jo you just made my day!

Spoiler

Going hiking this weekend for two days. ... I'll update later. ... I might get to goals later. .. I'll have pictures for sure

Spoiler

Jenn!  It seems that you're keeping up with your goals pretty well all things considered.  I applaud you for being so positive despite the obstacles life is throwing at you!

And as a cyclist I totally understand the pain of people who walk in front of a biker who has made their presence known.  Yes walkers may have the legal right of way, but under the law of gross tonnage and inertia, bikers usually win.  Just be glad you weren't going as fast as I usually am when crossing the bridge :P

Keep it up!

-KiltedCowboy

Damn the Torpedos, Full Speed Ahead

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway." -John Wayne

Rev. 22:1-5

Confederate Thrower of Heavy Stuff

Lt. WFD - 37'9" | Hvy. WFD - 16'8" | Braemar Stone - 21'0" | Open Stone - 28'7

WOB - ? | Lt. Hammer - 71'7"| Hvy. Hammer - ? | Sheaf - ? | Caber - ?

ADORABLE HOT JENN IS ADORABLE!

Seriously.  I love your picture updates.  They are always so awesome and inspiring and high five worthy!   You keep rocking girl.  And rocking the positive attitude toward yourself.    Because you're awesome!  

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I just wanted to say I love your picture- you look fracking adorable- and you ROCK.

<HUGS>

keep pushing upwards!!!

Ditto what I-Jo said... LOVE the pic

Going hiking this weekend for two days. ... I'll update later. ... I might get to goals later. .. I'll have pictures for sure Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Are you hiking (and am I jealous? yes)? Having an amazing weekend?

Rebel - Hunter - Trader - Renewing the body and mind to be as capable as possible - lean & strength

indeed! I'm going to clean out my fabric closet Monday. ... I'll find something epic for you. ... what's your favorite color? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I likes them all! Adorable picture, BTW!

Mary Oliver

Apparently I tried to die earlier today. ... I got sung more than twenty times by bees seven on my face and neck. ... took much much benedryl and had to walk the three miles down the mountain to the car. ... my friend drove us home. ... I could barely breathe by the time we got to the vast but I took more benedryl in the car and more before I went to sleep I just woke up and took more. ... I think I'm no longer in danger of dying. ... I hurt like Hades and I'm going back to sleep ..... I'll write a good write up tomorrow but first a reader8a5y3ete.jpgthe wind started blowing when my friend was taking this pic and I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the breeze

Spoiler

Holy Cow! Twenty times! :nightmare:

So glad you're ok, rest up and take care of yourself!

Best wishes on feeling better soon! :peaceful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines