Alienjenn: boldly going

alienjenn

and this is why I do not do the great out doors any more- i am WAY too bug prone- seriously- it's like I have some sort of magic calling for bugs- it's wildly annoying.

But glad you survived and are home resting!  You look like you are having an awesome time on the mountain!  

Holy cow! Are you okay? Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Level 7 Ranger, Perpetual Newbie

Tell me, what is it you plan to do

with your one wild and precious life?

Mary Oliver

I'm taking so much benedryl.... I think the danger of death has passed. ... my breathing has cleared and I'm in the itchy yucky stage. ... if it doesn't clear tomorrow I may call my doc for some prednisone. ... now that the selling has gone down I can count twenty three stings.... thanks guys for caring :) I'll post some pics later if I ever get out of bed ;) when it happened and the swarm came out of the hole I felt like I was in independence day watching all the mini alien ships come out of the mother ship it was so surreal. ... it was like it was in slow motion. ... then I fell because I tripped and was like oh crap I'm going to die. ... then I got up and ran. .. I dropped my stuff on the trail and ran. ... then people were coming up the trail and saw me sitting there. ... I was waiting for the initial benedryl to kick in and the adrenaline to stop making me shake. ... and they wouldn't stop asking me if I was ok. ... I was like I'm going to be fine just go up the trail and tell my kids to hurry. ... they wore nice though and got the bees out of my sweater (which I had ripped off and was whipping around my head to fling bees away once I was away from the swarm) then they went up told my son and friend. ... my kids walked with me and then our friends drive us home. .. it was the hardest (I think) three miles I've ever done. ... I was praying so hard. ... it was hard to breathe and my face went numb (seven stings on my face) I couldn't see in one eye because it swole shut.... several times I wanted to lay down and let them go call rescue squad. ... but I knew that I couldn't do that. ... because if i layed down I would stop breathing. ... so we got to the car and I had more benedryl :) I will be ok and I will do that trail again and a very large part of me wants to take a giant container of gasoline and fire bomb those bastards...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

damn- 23 that's no joke.  I'm really glad you made it out of there okay.  Very tough stuff- I'm quite impressed- I would have sat down LOL- I don't deal well with bee stings!!!  kudo's to you my friend!!!  hopefully you feel better soon.  ice?  ice and drugs!!!  

I'm taking so much benedryl.... I think the danger of death has passed. ... my breathing has cleared and I'm in the itchy yucky stage. ... if it doesn't clear tomorrow I may call my doc for some prednisone. ... now that the selling has gone down I can count twenty three stings.... thanks guys for caring :) I'll post some pics later if I ever get out of bed ;) when it happened and the swarm came out of the hole I felt like I was in independence day watching all the mini alien ships come out of the mother ship it was so surreal. ... it was like it was in slow motion. ... then I fell because I tripped and was like oh crap I'm going to die. ... then I got up and ran. .. I dropped my stuff on the trail and ran. ... then people were coming up the trail and saw me sitting there. ... I was waiting for the initial benedryl to kick in and the adrenaline to stop making me shake. ... and they wouldn't stop asking me if I was ok. ... I was like I'm going to be fine just go up the trail and tell my kids to hurry. ... they wore nice though and got the bees out of my sweater (which I had ripped off and was whipping around my head to fling bees away once I was away from the swarm) then they went up told my son and friend. ... my kids walked with me and then our friends drive us home. .. it was the hardest (I think) three miles I've ever done. ... I was praying so hard. ... it was hard to breathe and my face went numb (seven stings on my face) I couldn't see in one eye because it swole shut.... several times I wanted to lay down and let them go call rescue squad. ... but I knew that I couldn't do that. ... because if i layed down I would stop breathing. ... so we got to the car and I had more benedryl :) I will be ok and I will do that trail again and a very large part of me wants to take a giant container of gasoline and fire bomb those bastards... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like some freaking horror movies I've seen!!! :nightmare: :nightmare: :nightmare:  (lol)

Take care and get plenty of rest! :peaceful:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Jenn!  It seems that you're keeping up with your goals pretty well all things considered.  I applaud you for being so positive despite the obstacles life is throwing at you!

And as a cyclist I totally understand the pain of people who walk in front of a biker who has made their presence known.  Yes walkers may have the legal right of way, but under the law of gross tonnage and inertia, bikers usually win.  Just be glad you weren't going as fast as I usually am when crossing the bridge :tongue:

Keep it up!

luckily it was a bridge I always go slow on... because it's a sharp turn onto a narrow bridge with no guardrails... 

ADORABLE HOT JENN IS ADORABLE!

Seriously.  I love your picture updates.  They are always so awesome and inspiring and high five worthy!   You keep rocking girl.  And rocking the positive attitude toward yourself.    Because you're awesome!  

awwww shucks :)

some days (like today.... and yesterday) I don't feel very awesome.... 

Holy Cow! Twenty times! :nightmare:

So glad you're ok, rest up and take care of yourself!

Best wishes on feeling better soon! :peaceful:

and this is why I do not do the great out doors any more- i am WAY too bug prone- seriously- it's like I have some sort of magic calling for bugs- it's wildly annoying.

But glad you survived and are home resting!  You look like you are having an awesome time on the mountain!  

Holy cow! Are you okay? Ouch, ouch, ouch!

Yikes!  I probably would have headed to the nearest emergency room.  Glad you are okay.  Take care of yourself!

Love the picture and the view.  

damn- 23 that's no joke.  I'm really glad you made it out of there okay.  Very tough stuff- I'm quite impressed- I would have sat down LOL- I don't deal well with bee stings!!!  kudo's to you my friend!!!  hopefully you feel better soon.  ice?  ice and drugs!!!  

Good grief! Glad you're feeling better; hope things continue to improve!!!

Sounds like some freaking horror movies I've seen!!! :nightmare::nightmare::nightmare:  (lol)

Take care and get plenty of rest! :peaceful:

thanks guys :)

I feel MUCH better.... although I want to scratch all the skin off my body... I have 23 spots that look like this... all over my arms and legs and face... if the swelling doesn't go down much by tomorrow I am going to call my doc for some prednisone... 

20130819_092529.jpg

most of the stings were on my legs around my knees... so this coupled with the roughly 200 flights of stairs I had to go down... (according to my fitbit)  means that my legs are really really jello... I am having cramps in my legs... and stretching is near to impossible because I have zero strength in my legs... but at least I am able to get out of bed today

I didn't go to the hospital because I know they would just give me high doses of benedryl and prednisone... and once I got to the car I could tell that the danger of anaphalyxis had passed and I had taken enough benedryl to not die... I am still taking massive dosses of benedryl in order to treat the itchies... 

the mental image I had when they started swarming was that of when the mini ships descended from the mother ship in independence day
it felt like that movie arachnaphobia.... but with bees instead of spiders.... 

I will do a proper write up later... I am still VERY tired and itchy and cranky and 

and I don't really care about my challenge right now... I just want to go to sleep again... 

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER.

I'd have been a big baby of babbling boohoo's if I got battered by that many baddy bees!     (Sorry, sometimes I get all alliteration prone and I don't even see it coming.)

Seriously, you are hard core tough mountain climbing outdoor bad ass chick!   Man!   I am glad you are okay and past the stage of it being a death-defying feat.    Also --- you are so talking me out of these mountain hikes.  YIKES.   My friend just got stung 7 times by bald hornets on HER hike, and my gaming partner got stung 8 times after dropping mulch on a nest he was unaware of.   

The mountain pic looks awesome though.  So I suppose there is some reward for your suffering in that. ;)     Don't worry about the challenge.  I think 23 stings = warranted break from kicking butt through a challenge.  Sometimes, just keeping your feet under your (and not swollen from 23 bees stings) is challenge enough.

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

You know... you just had to go and one-up me.  I was going to complain about how while I was camping I got two huge mosquito bites... through my shorts... right around the crack of my ass.  They were huge.  And itchy.

And, you had to go and get 23 stings!  Jeesh!  

Glad you are well.  Recover!

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

HOLY CRAP ON A CRACKER.

I'd have been a big baby of babbling boohoo's if I got battered by that many baddy bees!     (Sorry, sometimes I get all alliteration prone and I don't even see it coming.)

Seriously, you are hard core tough mountain climbing outdoor bad ass chick!   Man!   I am glad you are okay and past the stage of it being a death-defying feat.    Also --- you are so talking me out of these mountain hikes.  YIKES.   My friend just got stung 7 times by bald hornets on HER hike, and my gaming partner got stung 8 times after dropping mulch on a nest he was unaware of.   

The mountain pic looks awesome though.  So I suppose there is some reward for your suffering in that. ;)     Don't worry about the challenge.  I think 23 stings = warranted break from kicking butt through a challenge.  Sometimes, just keeping your feet under your (and not swollen from 23 bees stings) is challenge enough.

hah. ... I don't feel very bad ass... I sat and cried for like teen whole minutes. ... I was stupid. ... was warned about the bee hive. ... I just wasn't paying enough attention to see the spot when I got to it so it's my own fault really. ... I do intend to go and do that hike again ;)

Spoiler

You know... you just had to go and one-up me.  I was going to complain about how while I was camping I got two huge mosquito bites... through my shorts... right around the crack of my ass.  They were huge.  And itchy.

And, you had to go and get 23 stings!  Jeesh!  

Glad you are well.  Recover!

lol not trying to be a one uper! I hate the itchieness the most. .... I'd honestly rather just stop breathing and be done with it! The itching seems like it never stops

Spoiler

yeah I do NOT deal with itchy- I've been known to burn bug bites off- or scratch the skin right off... seriously- can't stand it. I feel your pain my love.  Ice ice ice!!!  

I can't stand it either :( 

I am a very very unhappy Jenn right now

http://alienjenn.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/the-priest-2013-august/

here is my write up of the hike... with pictures :D

Spoiler

I love love love your write ups and your pictures and your hikes.    I don't think you realize how awesome you are.    I consider myself a fairly active, out-going, bold, wanna-be-Starbuck bad ass, and I would be terrified to hike stuff like that without a guide, a goon, or a gun!  LOL.   The fact you are going back even after 23 bee stings, just proves even more, that there is no horse you're not willing to get back on.   And that rocks.

I also am now considering getting back to my picture taking/journal keeping site because I really enjoyed reading that out of yours.

Hah, one vacation, I decided to write my journal out as if I were a D&D character exploring the area for the first time.    That was pretty neat, dorky,  awesomely nerdy.   I think that's still floating around somewhere actually.

So yes!  Thank you for more awesome inspiries!  (wordcrafting... new word there.)

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

atesu7a8.jpg

Spoiler

Some time with the oldest. ... he loves that shirt because our last name is Frye. ... we played catan and he beat me as usual

Spoiler

I love love love your write ups and your pictures and your hikes.    I don't think you realize how awesome you are.    I consider myself a fairly active, out-going, bold, wanna-be-Starbuck bad ass, and I would be terrified to hike stuff like that without a guide, a goon, or a gun!  LOL.   The fact you are going back even after 23 bee stings, just proves even more, that there is no horse you're not willing to get back on.   And that rocks.

I also am now considering getting back to my picture taking/journal keeping site because I really enjoyed reading that out of yours.

Hah, one vacation, I decided to write my journal out as if I were a D&D character exploring the area for the first time.    That was pretty neat, dorky,  awesomely nerdy.   I think that's still floating around somewhere actually.

So yes!  Thank you for more awesome inspiries!  (wordcrafting... new word there.)

I actually started taking so many photos because of NF... I wanted to make you guys proud... and share my world with you... I never really used to take so many photos... because... I was ashamed... I felt fat and ugly and very uncomfortable in my skin... and looking at pictures of myself made me want to vomit... 

but then I started getting into NF... and I started taking more photos... then I started my side project... (which is in my battle log)... and I learned SOOOOO much about myself..... 

and now I take the photos because I LOVE to take the photos... I participated in the assassins video challenge... and it was AWESOME!!!

:) I only hike on WELL blazed (marked) trails.... and the opportunities for becoming lost are almost zero... and I have my 16 year old son (who boxes and is strong enough he can do squats with me on his shoulders!!) so I need no goon gun or guide ;)

as for "getting back on the horse" I have a funny story.... when Shakespeare was 3 and Zombie was only a couple months old the older two kids were playing in the yard and I had to pee... I go in (for 45 seconds.... didn't even bother putting the baby down) and come back out to find S missing... I started hollering his name... I saw him eventually two yards over on top of a horse (which I found out later was a wild dessert rescue who had been in the fence for TWO DAYS) he was sitting on the horse just as calm as can be... I SCREAMED his name and the horse spooked... bucked him off to the ground then kicked him... he flew like 20 feet to slam into a fence... I was shocked and was certain I had just watched my baby die... so I (still with baby in arm) climbed the fence to the next yard (it was only like 3 feet tall) crossed a field of cactus... and then got to the second fence that was about 5 feet tall... by this point he was starting to stir... and I had to convince him to get up and come to me because I couldn't climb that fence (and couldn't lay the baby down in a field of cactus).... he finally got over to me and we get back to the house and call my (then) husband to come and take us to the emergency room .... because his eye was so swollen shut and I feared concussion/brain damage/etc...

so we get to the er and the doc was like... hello S are you going to let me look at your face... he looks her straight in the face and says "hello doc you gonna let me get back on that horse?" she says... well I have to look at you first... he says "this is nothing man! if I don't get back on that horse I will never tame it!"

I about died....

(he was fine... with no broken bones... no concussion etc)

I will have to try to write out a journal as if I were my character.... I think that would be interesting and awesomely nerday!! 

Spoiler

Eeeekkkkkk! Stressed today. ... will post more later but I'm back down to 248 Eeeek!

Spoiler

That means I'm at 92#lost again. ... I had gained some in July. ... and I've been very bloaty.... but I'm back baby!

Spoiler

being bloaty sucks... I have been hovering right around 255 ish since the beginning of july... I have been crampy and crabby and cranky... and tired... I know that I have been eating too much of the fruity goodness... not enough of the vegetabley goodness... not drinking enough of the watery flushy goodness... 

but today I am down... I have been drinking LOADS of water to flush this bee poison outta my system... (which it appears to be working because I feel NEARLY human today... and that's awesome because I go back to work tomorrow)

today I had my "biometric screening" (this thing that my insurance does that if I comply I can save 480$ on my insurance over the course of the year... also I can earn 100$ cash for doing the "hoos well fitness program" (basically logging into my insurance company and telling them the physical things I do here)) in the email confirmation I got the ONLY information was that it was in "newcomb hall 3rd floor south meeting room" there is NO way to GPS it... NO way for people not familiar with the area to find out how to get there or where to park or what to do... I FINALLY (after six calls and getting lost) got a human being to tell me where the parking lot was... find the stupid room and I couldn't find my insurance ID card... so spent 20 minutes trying to find someone who could tell me where to find a computer so I can print a copy... and no one can give me directions to the library and the computer centers are not open yet because school is not in session yet... 

sigh... so a 20 minute process ended up taking nearly 90 minutes :( SIGH... I was uber duber frustrated... I was totally cranky... 

but... then I had my weigh in and measurements and my lab work done... I already told ya'll about the 248... (which that was fully clothed... so.... :P a lot more than when I weigh at home :P ) my bp was 116/72 (which I already told you I had been running around for like 40 minutes and being entirely PISSED and in a crowded room of people so this is not an adequate representation of my true bp)... my BMI (according to their chart) was 42 ... 2 categories away from "extreme obesity" and less than 10 pounds from regular obesity !!!!!) 

my total cholesterol was 169 (desired is less than 200.... 90# ago it was >400) my HDL was 36 (desired is >40... no idea what it was before)... LDL was 116 (desired is <130 with <100 being optimal) ... triglycerides 81 (desired is <150)... TC/HDL ratio 4.6 (desired <4.5) and fasting glucose 111 (desired < 100 although since I have a previous history of diabetes <125 is a good level)

I have no idea what my previous levels of many of these tests were... I know that when I had my physical in dec 2011 my doctor was FREAKED about my cholesterol levels and insisted I start statins or some other treatment (I ended up taking red rice yeast for a month or so until I tired of it and I preferred not taking anything...)

it's nice to see "normal" levels... I feel really great about these levels... I feel good about my weight... 

I also feel good about saving money

Spoiler

A BIG WOOT on the progress jenn!

Ash dancing, lol!

:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant:

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

A BIG WOOT on the progress jenn!

Ash dancing, lol!

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

did you turn on the music and dance out loud????

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Glad about all of your numbers!

thanks

thanks guys :D I love all the support :D

Spoiler

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines