• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Arilian Princess

Arilian Princess's Wicked Legacy

'allo out there,

This will be my second challenge, I didn't do so well on the first but I have come to realize several things over those six weeks. One I made rush goals that I couldn't realistically keep, surprise? Not really, they looked good but that's about it. I am making big goals again this time but I'm sticking to two smaller ones that I'm focusing on for this six weeks. I have also already told my sister so the person who's living with me has some idea of what I am up too. I've also started up a blog to post all the random extra carp into. I have a hard time writing out my daily stuff as I don't see why someone would be interested in any of that. I like being in the shadow's.

A little about me: I am a gas plant operator, I work 12 hours a day for seven days or nights and travel 45 minutes to and from work each day on top of my shift depending on my rotation. I also have two dogs, two cats and three fish. And a sister and a niece but do they count? :) I am also severely overweight and addicted to sugar. Things I will change in the near future.

MAIN QUEST

I will be wearing a size 12 pant and loose the weight in a fit and healthy way!

Main quest steps

1. Drink more water, at least 3 24oz water bottles a day

2. Drink only the three birch beer soda I have during this six weeks, wean myself off pop.

3. No processed white sugar - pretty straight forward, loose the carp.

I know people say to phase out the sugar but I find I can't stop once I start. After the first couple of weeks, I could care less about the sugar and other carp. My problem is after the first bite so I'm just not going to eat any, I will still have sweets in the future but they are going to be healthy sweets in reasonable sizes.

SIDE QUEST

For the six weeks of this challenge I will not be purchasing anything not necessary for the running of the house.

Bills, cleaning stuffs, fresh veggies/fruits, furnace cleaning(when I find a company)

I live in a boom town, we all make way to much money and I'm starting to fall into the habit where if I want something. I just go and buy it. I need to get out of this habit, yes I make good money but I owe more on consumer debt than I should so let's start with six weeks of no shopping. :) I do have a couple of things I have pre-agreed to purchase so I am not counting those but there are to be no more than three of them. Disney LE, Partylite, er maybe only two. :) So if I find something I want, add it to a list and come back to it. As for the fresh veggies and fruit, I will only go shopping for such things once a week. So only six trips to the grocery store and no fast food visits for me.

MOTIVATION

Japan April 2014 wearing a cute little black dress out to a club or tea under the cherry blossoms

TEAM

To come, I enjoyed working with my last group and can't wait to continue.

i honestly think you're going to be amazing at this challenge.  Those goals are simply and if you stick to them, they will change your life.  We have an AB Squad called "We're not Cookie Monsters" and we're cutting out sugary treats too - you are MORE than welcome to join us if you'd like  or why not start your own :)

I completely understand the need to just cut sugar out completely! I'm terrible at 'reducing' it slowly... same with the refined carbs :P I just went completely cold turkey on pasta, rice and bread at the start of the last challenge, and felt better for it (although I did have a couple of weeks of cravings :P)

I love your 'spend less' challenge! I spend way to much money on stuff I don't really need... so I may have to add something like this to future challenges :)

Good Luck!

If any of the above ones appeal to you, take away. We're in this together to better ourselves. :)

And thanks for the words of encouragement, right now I feel like I'm in a different place to tackle this but then it might be because I'm looking at it while I still have sugar in my life. haha

Looks good. Just don't make the mistake I made last challenge with the reduced soda, a couple of slip ups aside I'd weaned myself off the soda within the first few days, at the end of week 4 I looked back at the logs and realised I was pretty much just drinking fruit juices in it's place. Easy enough to knock that on the head and fair enough natural fruit juice is probably a little better than the same quantity of Pepsi but it's still a stupidly high dose and I don't know why but I had a total mental block on noticing it.

Your goals are wonderfully clean cut! I love it. Your motivation is fantastic too. I work in a boom town so I totally know the feeling of just going out and buying it. It can be hard to curb but it sounds like you have a game plan :)

I'm not that worried about juice since I rarely drink it. I make a jug from the frozen concentrate, way watered down since I fill my jug with water and not just the 4 cans of water. I drink it over the span of a couple of days and then go any where from three months to six months before I pull out the next frozen juice. I also don't drink coffee and perfer my tea black so once I kill the pop, I will pretty much only be drinking water. For which I do quite well at work and not so well at home..... oh and did I mention I'm allergic to grapes so most juices I can't have anyways. :)

But I just recieved confirmation that I'm on nights for the duration of this and perhaps longer. This will make it easier since I don't switch from 5am to 5pm every two weeks but it also means I'm not going to be a morning person; unless I've stayed awake all night!

I was going to go out of the sugar with a bang, aka get sick of sugar the night before this challenge began but now I'm starting to think I'm just going to finish the sugar in the house over the next day and then turf what's left. I'm not interested in it. Giveme two weeks and a sugar low and the cravings will hit I know but I will make it though them.

I'm taking this as a sign that my bosses are shipping me off to an Amine course the last day of this challenge. I have until then to get my habits in order and the week long seminar to test out my new habits. No pressure. 

I made myself a motivation board, something I can look at constantly to remind me of my goals. I picked my bathroom mirror since I look in it at least a couple of times a day. I'm not worried about fog ruining anything since the shower you can see in the picture is out of commission until I renovate, cracked the base of the shower.

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/uploads/gallery/album_544/gallery_16724_544_752134.jpg

(it's huge) I will be including a week count down and my weight on the board too as more reminders of the direction I want to go

This wasn't supposed to be this big, oh well. :)

gallery_16724_544_281206.png

Mini Challenge 1:

Specific Measureable Attainable Realistic Timely Goals

Goals for this six weeks:

1. I drink at least 3 - 24 ounce water bottles of water a day

2. I limit my pop intake to one bottle (less than 710ml) of pop every two weeks

3. I no longer eat processed sugar

I love your goals, and Japan is amazing. That was my main motivation for challenge one! Going there genuinely changed my life, you have to visit Akihabara! It's insane!

Three soda's over 6 weeks will be tough, we'll have to motivate each other. I don't know about you, but drinking diet drinks for me has become pretty much an automatic response to thirst. But we can do it! Well done on having better thought through goals; in reflection I realised I too had rushed into mine; feels way more achievable having put more thought into it, doesn't it?

ooh, Akihabara looks fun! I'm going as part of a tour so we are hitting several cities through out Japan. I'm really looking forward to Hokokuji Temple, Miyajima Island, Hiroshima and the bullet trains. I am a rail brat, gotta see the trains!

As for the soda I drink the normal sugar coma stuff and yeah it has pretty much been an automatic responce.

It's just about 1 am here and I'm drinking my last pop, I was planning on being done all sugar before midnight so I could start the day off with no sugar but I've been drinking this pop for the past two hours. That's probably a record for me. So some good. I was also thining the challenge started today and not tomorrow but I'm going to start today. A couple more swigs of my drink and I'm done pop for six weeks. It's both daunting and empowering to know I will beat this sugar habit. I don't even really taste it, it's more of a habit now.

I took my measurements this morning when I woke up and will use these as my starting measurements.

I am using the Iphone app BodyShot to keep track of all these measurements for me. For the six weeks, I will be taking measurements once a week to make sure I'm heading in the right direction.

So the scary numbers:

Weight: 313.5 lbs

Waist: 54"

Bust: 52"

Hips: 56"

Neck: 15.75"

Wrist: 7.5"

Left Bicep: 17.5"

Left Forearm: 12.25"

Left Thigh: 32.25"

Left Calf: 20.75"

I don't have an exact weight goal in mind but I'm currently going with a long term goal of 220 lbs, I will know once I'm closer if that is realistic or not. It's been a very long time since I've been smaller than I am. Like grade school long time..... But for Japan I want to be wearing a comfortable size 12 or weight less than 250 pounds. This is about 1.5 pounds lost per week. For my next challenge, aka when September rolls around and the programs up here open up again I will be joining a couple of groups to add working out to my goals. Right now I just need to focus on my food. You can't out train a bad diet.

Here's to the first steps of the future and the wicked legacy I am becoming!

My aim for Japan was, scarily enough, not to have to ask for a seatbelt extender on the plane, like I've had to do literally every other time I've caught a plane, and I didn't. It was an ace feeling.

In terms of an exact weight goal, don't forget, weight isn't everything (muscle is denser than fat). I would trust measures more than the weight goal itself; so to be a healthy size 12 sounds like a pretty good goal!

That's kind of why I'm mixing up the pair, 220 still puts me way out to lunch with the BMI but I have a dense body so I don't follow that either. :) This means I carry my weight well and most people peg me about 50 pounds lighter than I am. While nice isn't helpful. :)   I've never had to ask for a seat belt extender but I've always flown through Canada and the States and we have a really, really high rate of obisity so maybe the seat belts are bigger here.

Don't think of the measurements as scary! Just as a way to measure some types of progress. They let you know if you're on the right track or not. You're so very right about not being able to out train a bad diet. It makes all the difference, in the short and long run. I think having a dual ended goal (220 or size 12) is really smart!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to the trip and it's still several months away! Added incentive, I got to compfortably fit into the NF shirt I got . Picture time!

Although I am seriously suffering from sugar withdrawls.... I was drinking 3 710ml pop in a 12 hour period and now I'm having none. I did have a couple of cookies eailer to reduce the headache I was having, I figured it was a slower release of sugar. I really didn't expect the withdrawl to be quite so bad today. I was thinking I would have at least got another two days before it hit; aka when I started my days off.

Yeah when I quit soda, it was pretty rough for a couple of weeks.  Soda happen to be my only source of caffeine too.  I had some pretty bad caffeine withdraws.  But it gets better.  Just have to try to stick with it :)

Hey Arilian, great goals, I have been in the same boat recently. I'm doing Whole30 so I have to give us chocolate which is the big one for me. I ate really well in my last challenge still eating dark chocolate but not as much but found after the challenge ended reaching for the 100gram chocolate bars and eating the whole thing in one evening.

Good luck with everything, we are in the same team now so I shall be keeping up with your progress more!

That's why I did the 'quit soda' thing a bit more gradually... I starting by limiting myself to one large glass a day, then I switched to a smaller glass, then started skipping days. I'm not at the point where I'll go 4-5 days without having any and then have a can... but I'm also at the point where I just find it ridiculously sweet to drink, so can probably can it out completely now. But good on you for sticking with it! I'm sure you'll do great ;)

I know once I get past the sugar crash I will be fine; I just need to get there. :) And the cookies made me sick, :( I should have known better.

I have an appointment to see my doctor this week for allergy testing, go figure I can book the appointment for my dog and have the results in two weeks but I need to book it, wait for the referal, book the second appointment, go to another city for the test and then wait for the results...