• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Arilian Princess

Arilian Princess's Wicked Legacy

Oh the joys of tests :P but I'm sure it'll all be worth it once its over. I haven't had allergy testing since I was 13 or so, but since going Paleo I've discovered that I'm definitely gluten intolerant... does make avoiding the bad stuff easier, although I do still have the occasional lapse :P

Have you tried paleo cookies? Not quite the same as normal cookies, but a bit healthier at least!

'allo out there,

This will be my second challenge, I didn't do so well on the first but I have come to realize several things over those six weeks. One I made rush goals that I couldn't realistically keep, surprise? Not really, they looked good but that's about it. I am making big goals again this time but I'm sticking to two smaller ones that I'm focusing on for this six weeks. I have also already told my sister so the person who's living with me has some idea of what I am up too. I've also started up a blog to post all the random extra carp into. I have a hard time writing out my daily stuff as I don't see why someone would be interested in any of that. I like being in the shadow's.

MOTIVATION

Japan April 2014 wearing a cute little black dress out to a club or tea under the cherry blossoms

Hey! I had the same problem as you with the last goals and decided to change a bit this time. I really liked the idea of creating a blog. I usually keep some notebooks with me, but I always forget to write,

And the motivation, best possible! Traveling always makes me feel good.

I'm taking this as a sign that my bosses are shipping me off to an Amine course the last day of this challenge. I have until then to get my habits in order and the week long seminar to test out my new habits. No pressure. 

I made myself a motivation board, something I can look at constantly to remind me of my goals. I picked my bathroom mirror since I look in it at least a couple of times a day. I'm not worried about fog ruining anything since the shower you can see in the picture is out of commission until I renovate, cracked the base of the shower.

http://nerdfitnessrebellion.com/uploads/gallery/album_544/gallery_16724_544_752134.jpg

(it's huge) I will be including a week count down and my weight on the board too as more reminders of the direction I want to go

This wasn't supposed to be this big, oh well. :)

I really like your motivation board and how you are going to use it as a reminder.. I have a pinterest account with a lot of motivation images and I am planning to use my photo board to put a few things on...

What helped me ditch soda was switching to sparkling water (Perrier, San pellegrino, etc). It's not super sweet or strongly flavored, but the carbonation helps mix things up while still keeping to water.

And add me in with everyone else liking the two-pronged approach to your weight goal. Good luck on getting there!

What helped me ditch soda was switching to sparkling water (Perrier, San pellegrino, etc). It's not super sweet or strongly flavored, but the carbonation helps mix things up while still keeping to water.

And add me in with everyone else liking the two-pronged approach to your weight goal. Good luck on getting there!

Thanks for the idea, I will keep the sparkling water in mind, I will have to find one without sucrose though, since that stuff makes me sick too.

Hey! I had the same problem as you with the last goals and decided to change a bit this time. I really liked the idea of creating a blog. I usually keep some notebooks with me, but I always forget to write,

And the motivation, best possible! Traveling always makes me feel good.

I really like your motivation board and how you are going to use it as a reminder.. I have a pinterest account with a lot of motivation images and I am planning to use my photo board to put a few things on...

You totally should, it's an in your face reminder, unless you are on pintrest all the time. I keep forgetting about my account. :(

Oh the joys of tests :tongue: but I'm sure it'll all be worth it once its over. I haven't had allergy testing since I was 13 or so, but since going Paleo I've discovered that I'm definitely gluten intolerant... does make avoiding the bad stuff easier, although I do still have the occasional lapse :tongue:

Have you tried paleo cookies? Not quite the same as normal cookies, but a bit healthier at least!

I have several strange allergies so I figured it was time to get a comprehensive list. I found a chickpea cookie dough reciepe that I'm going to try, and a chocolate zucchinni..... neither have flour or white processed sugar. Only honey but for have to have moments it's certainly a better option. Once I try them out and prove them good, I will share the reciepes.

Those recipes sound interesting, can't wait for your report! 

Thankfully my food allergies are limited to shellfish and apparently gluten... Not sure I'd want to cut out anything else! Although I am also avoiding milk based dairy products, but thats as much down to developing a preference for goats cheese as anything!

Haha, I'm a good one for reciepes. I have tons, I don't follow them to a T but usually everything turns out.

Today has gone really well considering yesterday I got very little sleep. I did go through a craving for pop again today but no massive headache this time! I just picked up a piece of gum and wondered off with that for a while and now I'm good. But I really should go back to work, another 3 hours and half a list left to complete. Last night shifts are great fun, crud, catch up time!

I am super proud of you, and am very excited to see what you can do with the water.  I am drinking 6-8 24oz water a day.  My body lets me know when I am not !

Ms. AP - I don't think your measurements are scary. They are what they are. Knowledge is the first step to change. And I think I have a similar body type to you. I asked my boyfriends how much he thought I weighed (he's notorious for sometimes being .... a little too honest for his own good) and he thought I came in at around the 200lbs mark, which is nice. I love your motivation board! Totally stealing this idea.

Seperate note - I noticed to my horror I wasn't following you! How rude. Rest assured, now amended :)

Go kick ass, girlie!

Glad to hear you are doing well! I used to be a bit of a soda fiend last year. It was really easy to just keep drinking it when I first started at the at the pub as it was free! Good luck with it all!

It's all good, Nephaisys, I knew you would find me again! And steal away, anything to help better ourselves.

Today has not gone so well, I got home at 8, checked on my doglets, headed over to my parents to feed their doglets. Laid on the couch for two hours, watching TV. Nothing but stupid stuff, so glad I don't have TV... crawed into bed for a nap and slept to 7. Got up, made the rest of the house sitting rounds. I am not up to four houses, I'm not... How did I do that???? Signed off on a couple of pages for my karate club. Found food for dinner and sat down to read up on the boards here. :) It's now 11 pm and I'm ready to go back to bed. And I also can't type anymore......

Thanks! It's been both more challenging and easier than I expected. I just keep telling myself later and it seems to work. But I just need to deal with the headaches but that might be lack of sleep too. I will never get enough sleep. I slept lots yesterday but I made up for by being up at 4. So I came to the boards, once it get's to a more reasonable time, I will eat, go get some groceries and bake up a storm after my doctors office. I like to snack but I haven't been eating a lot of the store made crap so I need to make my own. I think Spaghetti sauce, nut bars, zuchinni brownies, chickpea dough balls should be a good start and an excellent way to celelbrate Lammas since I can't have wheat.

Thanks! It's been both more challenging and easier than I expected. I just keep telling myself later and it seems to work. But I just need to deal with the headaches but that might be lack of sleep too. I will never get enough sleep. I slept lots yesterday but I made up for by being up at 4. So I came to the boards, once it get's to a more reasonable time, I will eat, go get some groceries and bake up a storm after my doctors office. I like to snack but I haven't been eating a lot of the store made crap so I need to make my own. I think Spaghetti sauce, nut bars, zuchinni brownies, chickpea dough balls should be a good start and an excellent way to celelbrate Lammas since I can't have wheat.

How does one make a chick pea dough ball? They sound intriguing! I have two rules when it comes to food:

1) If I can't make it, don't buy it, learn how to make it.

2) If I can make it, I'm not buying it. 

It saves me from eating a lot of junk :) You own that baking storm!

Reciepe to come if it passes muster. :)

Made it to my doctors visit and it went well, he laughed and asked how do I know when I said I have an allergy to grapes. I said my throat get's really itchy. HE just nodded and said I'm getting right on that allergy testing referal.... He also took my blood sugar levels and blood pressure levels. 5.8 and 128/86. Both I am perfectly happy with. :)  So now I wait for the referal doctor to call me and I set up that appiontment.

I was going to do measurements this morning but the two hours I've been awake have been rough so tomorrow. Got up to let the dogs out and the outside door handle broke in my hands. Found my phone deader than dead, I charged it last night and the speakers aren't working anymore either. Those were also working yesterday. So today I need stops to Rona and Telus. Not on my shopping list but I'm not comfortable with a door anyone can get into for a week.

I also spend a good four hours on the phone with Telus yesterday over my internet. Everytime I called, my internet came back in service.... But before I called it had been out for three days. Now they are convinced it's old wiring in my house. I also was having issues with my online account and it holding my information so they reset my password the same time I was logging in to show them... Just about locked out my account. Lovely lovely time.

But last night was cool because we had a massive thunderstorm, I cleaned out a bunch of cl othing I never wear and reorganized my books. I've started making a want list, I never have any ideas on what I want when it comes time for my birthday or xmas and they are both coming up soon. So here's to the list so I can make my family happy. Because they don't much like the donate to charity on my behalf. Well they do but they want to give me something too.

But the good part of this post:

Zuchini Brownies

http://www.delightedmomma.com/2012/05/flourless-zucchini-brownies.html

I didn't have honey or nutmeg, so I used maple syrup, way to many chocolate chips and left out the nut meg. I also doubled the reciepe and forgot to increase the pan size so mine came out more like chocolate cake. Still good but you don't need very much to satisfy the chocolate need. :)

I also made a zucchini lasagna but used to much ricotta cheese so ended up eating everything but that layer. :)

Posted! That sounds incredible! Would love to :D

As for you - and your crazy brownies, they look incredible! Not normally my thing, but man, they look lush! Might have to get my bake-on!

Great thanks! And I have found that the zuchinni breads and what not freeze really well so make them in smaller tins and freeze individual portions!

Week 1 update..... I can't believe it's been a week already!

Weight: 307.0 lbs

Waist: 53"

Bust: 50.5"

Hips: 56.25"

Neck: 15.5"

Wrist: 7.25"

Left Bicep: 16.5"

Left Forearm: 12.25"

Left Thigh: 32"

Left Calf: 20.5"

I did end up changing tape measures this week since I can't find the other one but that shouldn't have affected the numbers to badly but just in case here's a note if next weeks increase on me.

With these measurements, in the past 8 days I have lost 6.5 pounds and 10.75 inches off my body.

Goal 1: Drinking close to the 3 bottles a day, this started out a little tougher than I thought, I was definately getting two but the third one was hard. Doing much better

Goal 2: I have drank a soda/or two but I wasn't horribly craving it and had I had none in the house that would have been the end of it. So I still have one unopenned soda and that's it until the end of this challenge. :)

Goal 3: Since the first day when I had the sugar melt down, I've done quite well at this. I have done some baking with maple syrup in it but it's the good syrup so I'm happy with it.

Life goal: I've gone grocery shopping once, I ended up making a later trip for a broken door knob. All better now, I also tried to go and buy a Galaxy Note 8.0 since my laptop is beyond it's last legs but they didn't match their own webpage price match so I walked out without it. Someone wants me to accomplish this goal. ;)

I also know that I won't normally be able to drop that many pounds in a week and I don't really expect a loss of more than 2 pounds a week, but this is a nice drop. I want to keep dropping at this rate. Heh

So for week 1, I'm very happy with my progress. Now on to the next five weeks and all the weeks after that.

post-16724-0-03309100-1375633094_thumb.p

Great start.  I am going to wait until the end of the challenge to weigh myself again.  I want to do it weekly, but I am going to forsce myself not too :)

Arilian- these are amazing goals and fantastic motivation. I have no doubt you will reach your goal size/weight if you continue on this path. I can definitely empathize with the no-extra spending. That is definitely something I also need to focus on, no doubt. Cheers to kicking butt for the next 5 weeks and beyoooond!!